Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:13:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Ethererum is dead in the water.  (Read 6147 times)
rabbiter (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 06:49:44 AM

Qora is about to have Turning complete implemented, I believe the first of the second gen coins, first ever basically.

Qora isn't taking the credit though as the work is being done by Ian Knowles, CIYAM Lead Developer.

Ethererum raised thousands of BTC, Millions of dollars to implement in the future in their own words:

"When the grand experiment that is bitcoin began, the anonymous wizard desired to test two parameters- a trustless, decentralized database enjoying security enforced by the austere relentlessness of cryptography and a robust transaction system capable of sending value across the world without intermediaries. Yet the past five years years have painfully demonstrated a third missing feature: a sufficiently powerful Turing-complete scripting language."

So how can Ethererum with its big bank money investment ever have a chance? Hopefully it can't.

Congratulations to Qora for being part of this project and beating the big money banks.

*If people want to invest in the AT they can do so through Qora's AE for the next 14 days though I expect that to be over much quicker as we are 1/5 of the way in funding the project after a few hours.

jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 09:33:39 AM

I thought CIYAM was putting this on NXT.

Is he putting it on NXT and Qora?

I know he has been working on it for a long time and is a very competent programmer with a lot of experience.  I listened to a podcast in which he was interviewed.  That was maybe 6 months ago, but I knew he was going to do something good. 

devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 09:47:20 AM

Automated Transactions should be tested on Qora first in case problems arise. If it's safe, it can be implemented on NXT. NXT has too much business and other features in the pipeline now to be disrupted by possibly faulty AT implementation. Besides, Smart Contracts, scheduled for 1.4 release of NXT, should cover most of the use cases of AT. Let Qora pioneer implementation of AT and test the heck out of it.
Momimaus

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

Never back down !!!

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 10:03:02 AM

haha Qora is the testnet of NXT. Finally it found some place.  Cheesy

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
itsAj

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 11:25:18 AM

Can someone explain what the turing system is?
Nullu

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 11:38:28 AM

Can someone explain what the turing system is?

Basically, a machine or system that is turing complete is capable of running any modern computer system. So you could in theory run windows on any turing complete system, albeit in some cases exceptionally slowly.

Turing complete basically means it's classified as a modern-day computational device. Like your phone, tablet, handheld gaming device, so on. It's capable of the same processes all computer processors can handle, such as the logical operations known as logic gates.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 12:55:27 PM

Each passing days Qora its more and more interesting, when the code source release people will know the genious of his dev
New proof of Stake code it is time to buy cheap
Wulfcastle

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 02:07:03 PM

Qora is about to have Turning complete implemented, I believe the first of the second gen coins, first ever basically.

Qora isn't taking the credit though as the work is being done by Ian Knowles, CIYAM Lead Developer.

Ethererum raised thousands of BTC, Millions of dollars to implement in the future in their own words:

"When the grand experiment that is bitcoin began, the anonymous wizard desired to test two parameters- a trustless, decentralized database enjoying security enforced by the austere relentlessness of cryptography and a robust transaction system capable of sending value across the world without intermediaries. Yet the past five years years have painfully demonstrated a third missing feature: a sufficiently powerful Turing-complete scripting language."

So how can Ethererum with its big bank money investment ever have a chance? Hopefully it can't.

Congratulations to Qora for being part of this project and beating the big money banks.

*If people want to invest in the AT they can do so through Qora's AE for the next 14 days though I expect that to be over much quicker as we are 1/5 of the way in funding the project after a few hours.

You clown, Qora is borrowing this feature from NXT, where it is currently in TestNet. If NXT doesn't implement this feature then Qora is dead in the water. Don't try to act like Qora invented this, when it was developed specifically for NXT and is only being ported over to Qora.
Daedelus

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 02:22:09 PM

OP

You clown, Qora is borrowing this feature from NXT, where it is currently in TestNet. If NXT doesn't implement this feature then Qora is dead in the water. Don't try to act like Qora invented this, when it was developed specifically for NXT and is only being ported over to Qora.

For the record, CIYAM invented AT for no one in particular and everyone. It has always been open source. See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=675182.msg9183760#msg9183760

It is true that he began the first implementation with Nxt but has since left Nxt AT to implement in other coins including Qora and Bitcoin and Litecoin clones (as he states above).

Here is CIYAM talking about Nxt AT from April 2014 >>> http://www.nxtcommunity.org/nxt-podcast/whats-nxt-automated-transactions-explained

It is also true Nxt At will be on testnet this weekend all going well >>> https://nxtforum.org/automated-transactions/information-of-the-at-project/msg117316/#msg117316

I was under the impression a wave of good feeling and brother/sisterhood was sweeping over this forum, let's not spoil it...
NEM minnow

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 02:43:07 PM

Daedelus is right. This is a huge win for crypto in general.  And I mean HUGE.  We should all be tickled. 

CIYAM might very well go down in the history books for this.
Wulfcastle

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 03:16:17 PM

OP

For the record, CIYAM invented AT for no one in particular and everyone. It has always been open source. See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=675182.msg9183760#msg9183760

It is true that he began the first implementation with Nxt but has since left Nxt AT to implement in other coins including Qora and Bitcoin and Litecoin clones (as he states above).

Here is CIYAM talking about Nxt AT from April 2014 >>> http://www.nxtcommunity.org/nxt-podcast/whats-nxt-automated-transactions-explained

It is also true Nxt At will be on testnet this weekend all going well >>> https://nxtforum.org/automated-transactions/information-of-the-at-project/msg117316/#msg117316

I was under the impression a wave of good feeling and brother/sisterhood was sweeping over this forum, let's not spoil it...

At this current moment in time AT is only available on NXT TestNet, no other coin has implemented it yet. I'm all for brotherhood and whatnot, but when shills post blatant lies, then it irritates me :

Well it seems like the OP over here, forgot to mention the fact that NXT has already implemented it, which makes Qora virtually useless from that point of view.
rabbiter (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 03:57:22 PM

My friend no one said Qora invented it and I clearly even typed the name of the guy that has developed it. I'm pretty sure the developer would say Qora is the first to really properly implement it, I'm guessing he would know best, right?  And if you think say NXT has already implemented it then cool.

I don't know why you are even mentioning NXT I was clearly talking about ETHERERUM you're making NXT look bad with your obvious defensive anger.  lol

http://giphy.com/gifs/6xgslyYQCyLa8/fullscreen
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 03:59:42 PM

Should be a lesson.. build on the Bitcoin block chain or face failure.

So the "bearwhale" was Ethererum?
maurya78

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 04:06:53 PM

Yeah, afraid it's looking not entirely inconceivable that it s ethereum dumping some coins last week.. Wink

rabbiter (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 04:08:53 PM

If you have ever wished cryptocurrency operated more like central banks, you’re not alone. Well, you probably are, but that has not discouraged the developers of Ethercoin from introducing a currency that would make the central bankers proud. By creating a coin that operates completely on trust and gives developers nearly complete control of the network

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/ethercoin-raises-fundamental-questions-trust-altcoin-developers/

Ethercoin is dead.

I hope so. I can't give definitive 'proof' but out of nowhere comes this team obviously put together by a big money interest and has guys who worked for Goldman Sachs which pisses on the idea of Bitcoin and basically attempts to create a digital Federal Reserve. People investing BTC into this should be ashamed.
rabbiter (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 04:12:09 PM

It fits for sure. I saw so many Bitcoin is dead news stories when it happened. Scumbags. Someone should see if they can link the sold coins to Ethereum IPO coins.
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 05:17:32 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2014, 05:38:39 PM by EvilDave

If this is true.....bastards!
Have they run out of BTC to dump yet, btw?

And on AT....Ian K, (CIYAM) initally developed AT with the intention of enabling it in Nxt, but Qora now gets the honour of implementing it first on their mainnet.

Daedelus is right. This is a huge win for crypto in general.  And I mean HUGE.  We should all be tickled.  

CIYAM might very well go down in the history books for this.

Yep, damn right, this is a definite win for pretty much everyone concerned, except maybe Ethereum,
AT/Qora/NXT to the moon, old chap.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
bitcoin_bagholder

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 07:48:12 PM

Vitalik Buterin tried to get a job at Ripple Labs pre-ethereum. He's also been rather vocal about the perils of mining centralization in PoW. Seems a bit hypocritical. Shame on Ghash or any other mining pool for approaching 51% but you'd love to be that central authority, wouldn't you, King Vitalik?

Bitmixer sucks

Bit-X sucks
ChekaZ
Legendary

Activity: 1884
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 07:48:48 PM

It was doomed from the beginning. Way too many people invested into it.

BTC: 1Ges1taJ69W7eEMbQLcmNGnUZenBkCnn45
FTC: 6sxjM96KMZ7t4AmDTUKDZdq82Nj931VQvY
3x2
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 07:50:43 PM

haha Qora is the testnet of NXT. Finally it found some place.  Cheesy

that's what exactly happening  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print