Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:51:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: suggestions on www.fiveminutecoin.com  (Read 4638 times)
fffeee (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2012, 10:45:34 PM

what would you change on this site?

www.fiveminutecoin.com

what is positive?
what is negative?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Andrew Bitcoiner

Activity: 396
Merit: 250

Send correspondance to GPG key A372E7C6

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2012, 10:52:16 PM

Needs ads http://bitcoinadvertisers.com/

MAKE MONEY! ADVERTISE FOR BITCOINS http://www.bitcoinadvertising.com
Bitcoin News Site http://coinbits.com
Bitcoin Blackjack http://bitjack21.com
Bitcoin, Darknet, IT consulting http://cryptophene.com
cgpgroup

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2012, 01:43:41 AM

what would you change on this site?

www.fiveminutecoin.com

what is positive?
what is negative?

Be careful, advertisers don't really like when you give users incentives to click their ads. for example "click the ad to reduce the time". advertisers believe users are only clicking to make the time go down. This is what I would do if I were you.

1. I would remove the click to reduce time feature.
2. I would move to a CPM/CPC combo model. something along the line of 0.005 per 1000 views and 0.0005 per click. That way you always have a little something coming in.
3. I would give away 1000 pageviews in free ads to 16 sites to fill the squares. people like going places where people are already hanging out and advertisers are no different.
4. There is a bug on the site. clicking on "Insert Your Content Here.." does not bring up the self serve form. you have to click the "Instant Advertising" link in the upper right corner.
5. Make the links in the upper right corner look more like links. Together they look like a sentence (until you hover).

If you ever decide to do #3 think about me http://mycryptcoin.com

good luck.

Checkout the most amazing affiliate program http://onehourwin.com/
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2012, 09:45:28 PM

nice service, it definitely needs some filing in those squares  Smiley

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2012, 11:18:06 PM

I say keep the advertising internal, or put up Operation Fabulous banners since the advertisers will be paying per-day and the amount of clicks received will be irrelevant and the advertisers will not be paying for clicks from people for no reason.  You will also likely earn a lot more BTC this way, because once the traffic starts to build up, people will bid, and you will earn BTC all day whether people click or not.
sebastian

Activity: 129
Merit: 118

View Profile
May 20, 2012, 07:53:03 AM

Your site crash my browser.
Clicking a ad, does completely crash the browser to desktop.

using:
IE 9.0.8112.16421
UA:
Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/5.0)
fffeee (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2012, 02:33:03 PM

A new Version of this site is now online! New concept! New possibilities!

www.fiveminutecoin.com

tosku

Activity: 367
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2012, 09:04:14 AM

An error occured.. please report this to info@fiveminutecoin.com

Just happened. I had waited my five minutes and tried to get my coins.

Skude.se/BTC - an easier way to request your daily free coins!
fffeee (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2012, 10:09:03 AM

Just try again..

TravisE

Activity: 121

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 06:08:05 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2012, 06:19:41 PM by TravisE

It's cool seeing more way to get bitcoins. Cool

My suggestions:

I use NoScript, so I have to initally allow the right scripts to use a site like this. However, before I did this, the initial error message it tried to show to remind me to enable JavaScript was cut off at the bottom, and I couldn't read it.

Color scheme and formatting are garish and the sidebar and text spacing look haphazard and poorly aligned. It can give one the impression that the site is amateurish.

Excessive use of JavaScript. None of the links can be opened in a new tab/window. I'm forced to left-click ads, which leaves the site, and this resets the 300-second timer when I return!

The danger with implementing the timer in user-side JavaScript code is that someone can trivially manipulate how their browser executes the code and circumvent the timer, unless you actually have some server-side code keeping track of all the requests or something so it can determine how legitimate the browser response looks.

Edit: I would also suggest mentioning how often one can request free bitcoins right on the main page somewhere. I had some trouble finding this information (especially since I initially had some trouble getting the “how it works” link working due to the JavaScript/middle-click issue).
fffeee (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2012, 06:33:26 PM

It's cool seeing more way to get bitcoins. Cool

My suggestions:

I use NoScript, so I have to initally allow the right scripts to use a site like this. However, before I did this, the initial error message it tried to show to remind me to enable JavaScript was cut off at the bottom, and I couldn't read it.

Color scheme and formatting are garish and the sidebar and text spacing look haphazard and poorly aligned. It can give one the impression that the site is amateurish.

Excessive use of JavaScript. None of the links can be opened in a new tab/window. I'm forced to left-click ads, which leaves the site, and this resets the 300-second timer when I return!

The danger with implementing the timer in user-side JavaScript code is that someone can trivially manipulate how their browser executes the code and circumvent the timer, unless you actually have some server-side code keeping track of all the requests or something so it can determine how legitimate the browser response looks.

Edit: I would also suggest mentioning how often one can request free bitcoins right on the main page somewhere. I had some trouble finding this information (especially since I initially had some trouble getting the “how it works” link working due to the JavaScript/middle-click issue).

Reply again and dont just "grumble" around.. bring in suggestions, not your view..
Maybe you dont like the color scheme, but tell me then what to change and how you would do it instead of writing such a text ^^
The rest was done this way on purpose..

But you are right with the "how often"! I will change this..

elux
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 06:48:45 PM

It's not too obvious how to claim your coins. "Click here to get some coins" looks like another ad.
fffeee (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2012, 08:52:40 PM

changed..

TravisE

Activity: 121

View Profile
May 29, 2012, 07:02:20 PM

Reply again and dont just "grumble" around.. bring in suggestions, not your view..
Maybe you dont like the color scheme, but tell me then what to change and how you would do it instead of writing such a text ^^

Good point. Sorry about that.

Colors are of course a matter of taste, but I think it would look nicer if the number of colors were reduced somewhat and used a more color-coordinated palette, maybe of more muted tones. I would also line up the righthand grid of ad squares so that the top edge lines up with that of the left one. Or, if they're all for ads, why not combine them into a single 3x4 grid? Or, you might use the right column just for fiveminutecoin.com-related stuff (along with the hint that tells you you can wait five minutes to double the prize) and the lefthand group for all other ads. This would make it easier to distinguish the ads from the general site info.

I would also arrange the timer and the current prize so they are horizontal across the same line of text (one to the left and the other to the right), and move the smaller “Click here to claim your coins” link just below that line where there is more room. In my browser, “Click here to claim” is pushed too far to the right by “Your Coins”, and the rest of the text “your coins” appears far away and way to the left of the timer, which looks odd and is initially a bit confusing.

Finally, using more consistent spacing between words, especially after punctuation (always one space, rather than either two spaces or none at all), would further improve the appearance and readability.
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
May 29, 2012, 07:10:42 PM

Suggestion start testing your site, on all different screen sizes, browsers, or hire a real web dev

Chrome Latest stable channel version
fffeee (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2012, 11:02:26 PM

It should be better now Wink

gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2012, 11:10:01 PM

It should be better now Wink
still having the same problem js

fffeee (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2012, 11:33:41 PM

could you please try it again?

gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2012, 11:46:37 PM

it looks the same as my above post...
fffeee (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2012, 11:48:02 PM

I started several tests and there is nothing?! Did you clear your cache? Or is there any special browser addon?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: