Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:17:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wouldn't it be nice... (the LazyWhale algorithm)  (Read 24641 times)
phoenix1

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 06:53:09 PM

I think we should all just try to get along... bulls and bears, serious posters and trolls, hodlers and daytarders, libertarians and mind-controlling space lizards, and so on Cheesy

@ask Thanks for the kind remarks. Must be the new shipment of whisky I just received having a beneficial effect on my brain hehe

Nice philosophy Oda

Have not said it before, but I really value your contribution here. Always well-balanced, well thought out analysis. Refreshing  Smiley

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves"  - Confucius (China 551BC-479 BC)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 06:54:14 PM

...Must be the new shipment of whisky I just received having a beneficial effect on my brain hehe

Ahem... quoting from Wikipedia:

As a neurotoxin, ethanol has been shown to induce nervous system damage and affect the body in a variety of ways. Among the known effects of ethanol exposure are both transient and lasting consequences. Some of the lasting effects include long-term reduced neurogenesis in the hippocampus,[96][97] widespread brain atrophy,[98] and induced inflammation in the brain.[99] Of note, chronic ethanol ingestion has additionally been shown to induce reorganization of cellular membrane constituents, leading to a lipid bilayer marked by increased membrane concentrations of cholesterol and saturated fat.[46] This is important as neurotransmitter transport can be impaired through vesicular transport inhibition, resulting in diminished neural network function. One significant example of reduced inter-neuron communication is the ability for ethanol to inhibit NMDA receptors in the hippocampus, resulting in reduced long-term potentiation (LTP) and memory acquisition.[45] NMDA has been shown to play an important role in LTP and consequently memory formation.[100] With chronic ethanol intake, however, the susceptibility of these NMDA receptors to induce LTP increases in the mesolimbic dopamine neurons in an inositol 1,4,5-triphosphate (IP3) dependent manner.[101] This reorganization may lead to neuronal cytotoxicity both through hyperactivation of postsynaptic neurons and through induced addiction to continuous ethanol consumption. It has, additionally, been shown that ethanol directly reduces intracellular calcium ion accumulation through inhibited NMDA receptor activity, and thus reduces the capacity for the occurrence of LTP.[102]

In addition to the neurotoxic effects of ethanol in mature organisms, chronic ingestion is capable of inducing severe developmental defects. Evidence was first shown in 1973 of a connection between chronic ethanol intake by mothers and defects in their offspring.[103] This work was responsible for creating the classification of fetal alcohol syndrome; a disease characterized by common morphogenesis aberrations such as defects in craniofacial formation, limb development, and cardiovascular formation. The magnitude of ethanol neurotoxicity in fetuses leading to fetal alcohol syndrome has been shown to be dependent on antioxidant levels in the brain such as vitamin E.[104] As the fetal brain is relatively fragile and susceptible to induced stresses, severe deleterious effects of alcohol exposure can be seen in important areas such as the hippocampus and cerebellum. The severity of these effects is directly dependent upon the amount and frequency of ethanol consumption by the mother, and the stage in development of the fetus.[105] It is known that ethanol exposure results in reduced antioxidant levels, mitochondrial dysfunction (Chu 2007), and subsequent neuronal death, seemingly as a result of increased generation of reactive oxidative species (ROS).[29] This is a plausible mechanism, as there is a reduced presence in the fetal brain of antioxidant enzymes such as catalase and peroxidase.[106] In support of this mechanism, administration of high levels of dietary vitamin E results in reduced or eliminated ethanol-induced neurotoxic effects in fetuses.[8]

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 07:06:34 PM

.@ask:  As usual, you have nothing topical to contribute.
Delete your post and don't shit up this thread in the future.
ty
Lamby are you owner of this thread? YOU ARE NOT.  I will leave this thread only if oda would have that wish.

And Lamby - world would be much happier place without people like you. Do you need any additional translation what I am thinking?

*Still buthurt about your boss dollar cost averaging, I see Cheesy
phoenix1

Activity: 798

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 07:08:12 PM

...Must be the new shipment of whisky I just received having a beneficial effect on my brain hehe

Ahem... quoting from Wikipedia:

<snip>

Now that's what I call party-pooping Tzupy!

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves"  - Confucius (China 551BC-479 BC)
oda.krell (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 07:14:37 PM

It's not exactly a party if you don't share your booze. More like, alcoholism with a pretense Cheesy

As if I'd share my beautiful Ardbeg or Hibiki with anyone.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
Alonzo Ewing
Legendary

Activity: 1040
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 07:31:37 AM

Any update?
Tzupy
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 10:36:14 AM

It would be nice of oda.krell to post a notice about the indicator flipping to red.

I'm not sure why you think his indicator would have changed?

On the scale the indicator uses the market has been basically flat since the change to BTC.

Last time it flipped to red it was in July around the 23rd. I have a count by which the market is now in a similar position.

Latest events suggest that the market was indeed in a similar position. Why didn't the indicator flip yet?
My guess is that since it uses 1d metric, and the market now moves about twice as fast as during June - October, it should use 12h to work as expected
in the current market. Also, in July the flip to red coincided with the flip to red of 3d MACD divergence, which may flip again soon with the current dumps.

oda.krell (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 01:09:32 PM

Nope, no signal change, and resolution is faster than daily. It's just a lagging method, both up and down.

But, yes, starting to look like a bad signal (i.e. sell at a loss). Will update if/when it happens, but looks like those who said not to trust parameters based on such a low number of trades were right.

Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
sumantso
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 02:21:38 PM

First signal, that ends my hopes of sub $300 prices. I am going to wait for a few more days to try and catch any dips.

Whew... for once my tardiness gave me a beneficial output Grin

Below $300 we go?

N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 08:29:35 PM

Nope, no signal change, and resolution is faster than daily. It's just a lagging method, both up and down.

But, yes, starting to look like a bad signal (i.e. sell at a loss). Will update if/when it happens, but looks like those who said not to trust parameters based on such a low number of trades were right.
I am always skeptical about magic solutions, but why would you infer that the paramaters are "faulty" for producing one bad signal? Is that not within the realm of possibility of it working satisfactorily?

Unless you backfitted the thing to purely produce the best fitting picture on the past charts (no idea if you did), that's obviously a bad idea.
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 04:32:02 PM

SAVE ME ODA!!!!

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
oda.krell (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 05:54:43 PM

SAVE ME ODA!!!!

I know :/

I failed you and the others. But mainly, you.

Only one honorable thing left to do. Commence Seppuku in 3... 2... 1...

Didn't work. Damn you, layer of belly fat.

NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 06:14:47 PM

^Have you covered our shorts yet?   Let's do it now, before we're found out...
sgbett
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 06:30:56 PM

SAVE ME ODA!!!!

haha entirely unnecessary (allcaps=lulz). i knew exactly what i was getting myself into. still fine with my entry point. if there is one thing i've learned over the years there was always a better a entry point Smiley the flip side to that is *everyone* else all claim to have bought at it ... *glances over at fewcoins*

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
Tzupy
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 09:52:38 PM

In other words, oda.krell may have built a better bull trap that I could. Cheesy

I should be more careful with my jokes, sometimes they become true... Roll Eyes
OTOH I am grateful to oda.krell for accidentally helping me find a sig that I like. Cheesy

And I am still waiting for the 3d MACD divergence to turn red, maybe that will trigger oda.krell's signal flip.

fewcoins

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 10:17:47 PM

SAVE ME ODA!!!!

haha entirely unnecessary (allcaps=lulz). i knew exactly what i was getting myself into. still fine with my entry point. if there is one thing i've learned over the years there was always a better a entry point Smiley the flip side to that is *everyone* else all claim to have bought at it ... *glances over at fewcoins*

Keep glancing at me boo!  Kiss I bought a couple hundred coins at 340 & went full leverage around 317~
This has been my target price for short term for a longgggg time & I have posted about it many times! If you're promise you aren't sour from buying since 800, I would say buy more now before the bounce
sgbett
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 11:22:25 PM

I aint sour. Life is too short Smiley

That and my average buy in is still way negative Wink

inca
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 11:26:13 PM

Tzupy perhaps you are taking the bearish victory too soon (most unlike you to be bearish, ha!). There has been no confirmation of a signal change from Oda yet.

Smiley
oda.krell (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 11:33:00 PM

Eh, I'll be the first to admit, tzupy got his bearish victory in any case, unless we only go up from here, which is looking less and less likely tbh. Case in point for EW I guess.

Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 12:05:44 AM

On the other hand, if a few big players are controlling the direction, what would they want to do? Confuse people, probably. Make a potentially useful new tool look like it failed, make elliomancy look like a scientific procedure etc. Doesn't matter, as long as we are around or above the mining cost everything is solid imo.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: