Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 11:42:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 142 »
  Print  
Author Topic: why do people agree to pay taxes?  (Read 50971 times)
Ronaldcoin2017

Activity: 1148
Merit: 300

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 08:21:20 AM
Merited by Twinscoin2017 (50)

Everyone agree to pay their tax as tax is something which is a mandatory contribution for the revenue of the country .The government get their salary from the tax that is being collected from the citizens of the nation.If a fails to pay their tax or refuse to pay the tax they will have to face the consequences like maybe a civil case will come up in their name and will have to face trial in court and they might be charged excess amount for non payment of the tax aswell as in rare case they will even have to go behind bars .So is the reason all pay tax without questioning the government. Tax play a major role for running the economy of the country.
Yes I agree on that It is really the law.we need to pay taxes because it is for the whole country but the worst thing here is that some politics corrupt the taxes and there are only few left for the country this is really the reality of what will happen to the said taxes.But we don really have ghe power to cut this kind of monkey business of some politician that is why until now they really do the same bad thing from the past.
Yes you are right taxes is really mandatory through all worker because taxes is really important for the improvement of the country and it is verry helpful to those who cant work because of dis ability  they must be funded by the taxes by the government.I believe that the taxes is for good and for the people that really didnt have or capable of doing any work that is why i believe that the taxes is really helpful if the government really use 100% of it to those who need help.
jose111

Activity: 175
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:23:09 AM

A lot of people here find taxes tyrannical. But who will commit to not using the services they pay for? That would strengthen the case for not paying. I can respect that. If you are using all the benefits of taxation but not paying, then you are just sticking your bills to another person who will have to make up for you. I can't respect that. 

I don't mind paying my share, but I want the government to go after dead beats if it means I will have to pay for them. 

The problem isn't all services and all taxes.  The problem is the cruise missiles that cost $1 million each, and all the other military hardware that only makes us less safe.  Our enemy has become a body of ideas, and by waging a war of force, we are creating more orphans, who are the most vulnerable to radicalization.
I'm with you on that bro! For me there is a difference between the idea of taxation and how it is spent.

now imagine if there was no taxation and you could control 100% what you are funding when you give the government money.
and if they abuse your money you don't give it to them anymore.
what a world that would be, where the government is held 100% accountable to the people who finance it.
This would not work. We would encounter a tragedy of the commons and no one would pay any taxes but everyone would expect to receive the services that the government provides

no one expects to get free shoes or cars or houses why would people expect to get a free service?
people today buy a bunch of insurance policies they don't even need and you want to tell me they won't spend anything on things like national defense?
if anything they'll spend more than they can afford to.
The services that the government provides are not free, they are paid for by the taxes that citizens pay. The services are also not able to be reasonably purchased by individuals (or even medium sized groups of people) like national defense, food safety, police/fire protection ect. 

In fact taxes is the biggest part of the government. This is the main source of the government fund. Well as a residence in one country, I agree paying taxes because I know that taxes that we contribute is going to many government projects but still it is case to case basis. Many country is a rich countries but some of them is needed assistance for them to rise their government.

For everyone to be aware:

TAXES= GOVERNMENT BUDGET :
 It is use in many projects like the following:
   . for Constructing the road damages
   . for donating food and things to people whose suffer from tragedy
   . for the medical assistance
   . for the scholastic fund for the people who can't study because of lack of money and etc.

This can be serve as a basis, therefore some people may think about paying taxes. It is better to pay tax because its helps our community and our country.
Taner

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:53:05 AM

why is it ok for a group of people calling themselves the government to force everyone to buy their services?
if enough armed people refused to pay and told the government to go fuck itself there is nothing they could do.
I suppose, just people got used to this state of affairs. What You say is a revolution and this is serious and requires deep consideration.
Alekkborela

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:18:48 AM

People agree to pay taxes , I don't think all of them wants to, I mean the only reason that I know why they do it because it's in the law, but for those people who really agreed on paying taxes is that because the money that has been used to pay taxes will go to the government on which they will manage to spend it on some campaigns that will profit all the people , so that's why
basel21

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:37:56 AM

Because paying taxes helps in reconstructing high ways, hospitals, schools and more. It is one of the important ways to help our community to be a better in a future, thats why people agree in paying their taxes.
Taner1

Activity: 64

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:39:58 AM

why is it ok for a group of people calling themselves the government to force everyone to buy their services?
if enough armed people refused to pay and told the government to go fuck itself there is nothing they could do.
I suppose, just people got used to this state of affairs. What You say is a revolution and this is serious and requires deep consideration.

Give my account back.

This Russian guy steal my account (password reuse). Don't believe anything he says.
beej

Activity: 476
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:59:04 AM

I believe it is a responsible move on any individual's part to pay taxes, it gives
us the right to demand better services from our governments and later on in life
we can benefit from our contributions as we retire. The benefits of paying taxes
grants us a good credit rating, income tax returns which aids us in applying for
loans, if you own a business or company you can attain a Good or Satisfactory
Investor Value which attracts investors and it's our Social Responsibility and
contribution to our country. As long as our tax money is spent considerably well
for the betterment and welfare of it's citizens, there will be no problem.
Celine Castillo

Activity: 11
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:30:40 AM

Tax is the bread and butter or the lifeblood of the government hence, no court shall be empowered to interfere with or restrain the collections of taxes. It is a way or means of apportioning the operational cost of the government and all its public needs among those who, in some measures are privileged to enjoy its benefits and therefore must bear the burden.
Googlegenius

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:35:33 AM

If you refuse to pay tax you are tax evader and you will get imprisoned. Better follow the rules of your house if you are still not sble to stand up on your own.
KurtR90

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:46:47 AM

It is not only that citizens are armed and try to fight against such injustices, but also that they need the support of some governmental or military entity. Look at the cases in different parts of the world where citizen strength sometimes does not work if they are the ones who have absolute power. Unfortunately shaking a government is more complicated than it seems.
kuruyama

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:54:20 AM

That is because the government requires people to pay taxes, they make us people believe that tax collected will be use for the nation, i dont think its right too, i mean you work for it so damn hard then it'll get cut for what? For the government to corrupt it? Its okay if the money or the tax tgat was taken from us if it will be use in good intent, but for me i dont see any improvement in our country
Umar001

Activity: 308
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:55:06 AM

Peoples agree to pay tax, because they  want  to good and responsible citizens, and also peoples pay to avert prison, because tax aveder  is liable to judgment and imprisonment, and also peoples agree to pay tax, to help government authority carry out mandatory duty.
dado7

Activity: 322
Merit: 141

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 11:57:08 AM

People should realize one main thing, and that is what voting is and what right it gives you. Lately, in most of the democratic countries, we are experiencing the lows on the voting participation of the general population. We are also experiencing the new heights on various commentaries about how bad life has gotten through news portal comment sections and social networks.

There are only two ways by which you can participate in provoking any changes in economic-political systems:
1. By activating - politically or in economic theory.
2. By voting.

When there is a democratic election, people get too choose who will represent them. You can argue that most of the elections are being set-up, either as a pure scam or through media. However, there is only a small fraction of votes you can meddle within present days when there are many transparency instruments available. That is much less than the power of change that is being left unused - a 30% people not voting (in some countries even more), mostly because they don't support any of the two major political parties (two very centralized political parties having the majority of the support is the situation in most of the countries).

People who you, or better said, the majority of the people from your country voted for, are the ones who make taxing policies among everything else. Hence, by voting, or non-voting you are basically agreeing with the taxing policy. You can argue that you haven't agreed with a specific taxing policy because you voted against the Government, but if you live in the democratic society the will of the majority is what you have to live against. If you don't like it you can either support a different system of government or come up with your own ideas and start presenting them. Or you can choose to be non-constructive government critic (which would basically mean that you are supporting the idea of an anarchy).

Your ideas might not live up during your lifetime, but the change is slow. That is how democracy works. I don't like it either, but it is better than anarchy. That being said, just think about how easy it would be to make changes if the majority of people would get a hold of this and start expressing their opinions through creative criticism and finally - voting.

Regarding taxing as an instrument - I don't see anything bad about it, it is a fiscal tool, with its advantages and disadvantages just like any other, I am only strongly against the way it is implemented in my country.

diva.man

Activity: 123

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:10:44 PM

Taxes are imposed by the state!

If you don't pay your taxes, you'll break the law, and someone will check on you!
Kahoy01

Activity: 481
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:35:29 PM

In my honest thoughts and opinions, bitcoin transaction taxes are quite reasonable. because of bitcoin's success and high monetary value. Sure, the taxes are high and most of times quite unbearable. but if you consider bitcoin's high value. you would understand the case.

Anteros

Activity: 48

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:06:38 PM

People are not organized, they can not oppose anything to the government. And if they are organized and can then it is already a revolution after which they will pay already to another government. I do not think that this system can be broken.
Bitcoinbitcoin0909

Activity: 268
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 01:07:51 PM

People agree to pay some taxes because this is one of the law in every country. And aside from this, it is good for the country and for the economy. Those taxes will be beneficial to all of the citizen especially the people who are under the government. And also we are helping the government in their mandatory duty.

logicgate

Activity: 994
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 06:45:25 PM

If you refuse to pay tax you are tax evader and you will get imprisoned. Better follow the rules of your house if you are still not sble to stand up on your own.
Taxation is done basically to convert the black money into the white money by giving the due share of the government to them. We in our lives are enjoying the taxi-ties of the government in the form of subsidies, health, education, road network and transportation systems etc, and they are the responsibility of every government of the world. So in lieu of these facilities, we must pay the taxes so that facilities can be multiplied.
Rulelies

Activity: 277
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 06:49:20 PM

If you don't pay your taxes, the government will want to frustrate you with everything they have. By the way, if your government is a good one, you shouldn't be scared of paying taxes. At least you are sure they will make good use of your money.

Oikos.cash      Decentralized Finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
     github  ◥ telegram   ◥ twitter   ◥ discord             synthetic asset trading 
                             ❱❱❱   JOIN OIKOS   ❰❰❰                     trustless token exchange 
crisasimo10

Activity: 89

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 08:53:18 AM

People agreed to pay taxes. Government is the institution with various agencies that provides social services, welfare of it's citizens. By all means the government is weld with power to suppress any lowless violence and discipline the erring citizen. Have you any idea
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 142 »
  Print  

Jump to: