Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 10:07:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BITMAIN‘s Liquid Cooled Miner C1: It is not only cool, but it is cool  (Read 18254 times)
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2014, 01:18:01 AM

Well, if C1 price is 1 BTC then I would like to buy S4 for 2-2.2 BTC. Bitmain?.. My coupon will burn out soon and I can't use it to buy an expensive S4...

One includes a PSU one doesnt.

dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2014, 01:19:36 AM

Since Bitmain is selling these without matching hardware, it would actually be really handy if they could make flowrate vs pressure drop chart for them, similar to the one in this datasheet.
http://www.wakefield-vette.com/Portals/0/resources/datasheets/180-12,180-20.pdf

You don't happen to have a flow meter and manometer, do you?

And variable speed pump, no Tongue
Heh, send me one and I'll test it for you. Wink
Sure, just fill out your details on bitmaintech.com and send a bitcoin payment Wink

h3rlihy

Activity: 356
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 02:19:14 AM

Unlikely to ROI and you seem to have to build half of it yourself Tongue

pass.
PatMan

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2014, 02:54:46 AM

@ Bitmain:

With the broken promises of updated firmware for S2 users & all the problems with the S4, PSU, firmware, etc, etc - I would like to see some proof that these will actually work as advertised before deciding to buy some or not.

1) Can you post a screen of one actually mining showing hash/error rate?

2) Will these work with all pools, including p2pool, or just a select few as with the S4?

3) Has the firmware been thoroughly tested this time?

4) What version of cgminer is bundled with it?

Thanks.

@ Bitmain: Pretty please?  Wink

"When one person is deluded it is called insanity - when many people are deluded it is called religion" - Robert M. Pirsig.  I don't want your coins, I want change.
Amazon UK BTC payment service - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301229.0 - with FREE delivery!
http://www.ae911truth.org/ - http://rethink911.org/ - http://rememberbuilding7.org/
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 05:57:24 AM
Last edit: October 17, 2014, 07:34:21 AM by Bicknellski

@ Bitmain:

With the broken promises of updated firmware for S2 users & all the problems with the S4, PSU, firmware, etc, etc - I would like to see some proof that these will actually work as advertised before deciding to buy some or not.

1) Can you post a screen of one actually mining showing hash/error rate?

2) Will these work with all pools, including p2pool, or just a select few as with the S4?

3) Has the firmware been thoroughly tested this time?

4) What version of cgminer is bundled with it?

Thanks.

@ Bitmain: Pretty please?  Wink

Don't think that is too hard to do. Do they have some of them fabbed and running yet?

What would be the requirements to show a pass for #3?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Grecoin

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 07:08:32 AM

Hmm i wonder if the C1 could run without the liquid kit.. there is still one fan there.. what if adding another one?
HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 08:12:42 AM

Hmm i wonder if the C1 could run without the liquid kit.. there is still one fan there.. what if adding another one?

It will be bad idea.

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 08:40:34 AM

Unlikely to ROI and you seem to have to build half of it yourself Tongue

pass.

This is really ridiculous here donate 1 BTC and built it yourself, unprofesional Bitmain......

Subw

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 08:48:08 AM

They should include at least tubes and connectors but anyway too much hassle with watercooling.
Also shipping price (to Russia) kills the deal: 0.443 BTC for 1 piece!
Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 09:34:26 AM

I would like to buy this, just out of curiosity, if only I could use S2 buyer's coupon...  Embarrassed

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
petersiddle98

Activity: 272
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 10:02:59 AM

They should include at least tubes and connectors but anyway too much hassle with watercooling.

Aww, that sucks. Will it cost the same if u order 2?

syscooling

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 10:04:56 AM

You can use distilled water or Deionized water 。

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 10:05:02 AM

Aww, that sucks. Will it cost the same if u order 2?

You dont want to mine anyway, Putin will cut your dicks off
hjelc

Activity: 18
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 10:31:55 AM

C1 water cooling kit already includes pipes, fittings and so on. Liquid with distilled or deionized water. The EMS shipping 60 $.
lowbander80
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 11:01:28 AM

Les assume a faulty connection or a loose one.Fluids running and floating

Question

Would you place this miner in the same place together with
other equipment and electricity

But nice to think of home miners again
Its sure the first and others will follow

nice first step!!!
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 11:10:53 AM

Well, if C1 price is 1 BTC then I would like to buy S4 for 2-2.2 BTC. Bitmain?.. My coupon will burn out soon and I can't use it to buy an expensive S4...

The S4 is more than just 2TH of hashing power. Its got an LCD (+0.05BTC), larger case(+0.1BTC), and a 1400W PSU(+0.8BTC).

That said, its overpriced and $1100/2.8BTC would be a fair price for it

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 11:13:42 AM

You can use distilled water or Deionized water 。

he is talking about operating the C1 without any liquid cooling setup, with the hopes that a singluar fan will magically cool the device. It wont.

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
musicmaker613

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 02:52:19 PM

One of the biggest concerns I have, and one nobody is mentioning, is the mixing of metals.  These appear to be cooled with aluminum waterblocks, but people who already have decent watercooling gear (the majority of the people who will buy this) likely have rads with copper cores.  I have always been told to NEVER mix the two in a loop without the use of special corrosion inhibitors and/or specialized coolants.  Otherwise, you're basically creating a battery in your loop with different electric potentials... ionization... some chemistry BS that can damage your blocks/rads.  I assume that's why Bitmain says to use specialized coolant.  Which isn't a huge deal.  You can get a droplet bottle of  corrosion inhibitor that will last longer than the C1's profitability for pretty cheap at most WCing retailers.

Bobsag, since you're familiar with WCing, what are your thoughts here?  Is this something that people need to be aware of or has the "mixing metals" thing become just a dated myth now? 

SYS: SjFeMefQpgCRWuwRdiN3Hf8V6CkocV3Xdq
DOGE: DG4EwxvNCM5YFBQ8xo7pkEua2Nf1jRMmQg
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 03:36:07 PM

One of the biggest concerns I have, and one nobody is mentioning, is the mixing of metals.  These appear to be cooled with aluminum waterblocks, but people who already have decent watercooling gear (the majority of the people who will buy this) likely have rads with copper cores.  I have always been told to NEVER mix the two in a loop without the use of special corrosion inhibitors and/or specialized coolants.  Otherwise, you're basically creating a battery in your loop with different electric potentials... ionization... some chemistry BS that can damage your blocks/rads.  I assume that's why Bitmain says to use specialized coolant.  Which isn't a huge deal.  You can get a droplet bottle of  corrosion inhibitor that will last longer than the C1's profitability for pretty cheap at most WCing retailers.

Bobsag, since you're familiar with WCing, what are your thoughts here?  Is this something that people need to be aware of or has the "mixing metals" thing become just a dated myth now? 
As far as I know, nature hasn't repealed galvanic corrosion. If you're going to run copper gear with aluminum you'll absolutely want a corrosion inhibitor in there.
bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 03:53:37 PM

What Mr Teal said.
I havent had to use alum block in forever... copper is better and does not have the same corrosion problems. This is a certain deal killer for me.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: