Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:18:26 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BITMAIN‘s Liquid Cooled Miner C1: It is not only cool, but it is cool  (Read 18255 times)
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 07:02:37 PM

so, whats the noise with these watercooled miners?

Depends on what you are using to cool your radiators. If you have good fans, it shouldn't be too loud.

could you give me an order of magnitude plz? im quite interested to just have one of these to show of in my one room appartment .. ^^
pekatete

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2014, 07:12:53 PM

Just wondering, is the T1 module on syscooling's site the one used for the C1?
If so and the cooling for the C1 makes it easily overclockable seeing I am able to squeeze 530 GH/s @ 262 HW 0.0003% from an air cooled S3, then if the C1 can perform better, say 1.15 - 1.2 TH/s, then it may be worth it converting my S3's to water cooling (though I may resort to my own contraption using a car radiator instead to service my S3's)

Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 08:07:03 PM

C1 Sold Out
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 08:13:58 PM

C1 Sold Out

True Dogie a page back said he will let us know if they are doing another batch.
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 08:21:28 PM

Depends on what you are using to cool your radiators. If you have good fans, it shouldn't be too loud.

could you give me an order of magnitude plz? im quite interested to just have one of these to show of in my one room appartment .. ^^

With the stock fans, it will probably be the same as the noise of 2 s3 units - which is pretty reasonable, around the same volume as a desktop pc playing video games. Noticeable but not excessive for a living room

If you swapped some quieter fans, it would be pretty quiet, just a light whisping noise of airflow through the rad

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2014, 09:08:07 PM

With the stock fans, it will probably be the same as the noise of 2 s3 units - which is pretty reasonable, around the same volume as a desktop pc playing video games. Noticeable but not excessive for a living room

If you swapped some quieter fans, it would be pretty quiet, just a light whisping noise of airflow through the rad

Yeah if you swap out the stock fans [which are the same as S3]s for 6x quieter then it gets really quiet. But that requires $.

ob1100

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2014, 09:28:24 PM

batch 2 link according to rigwarz

https://www.bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020141029135048724z39CYwEQ0684

hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 10:28:17 PM

Yeah if you swap out the stock fans [which are the same as S3]s for 6x quieter then it gets really quiet. But that requires $.

uh got it, thx guys. i guess i'll order as soon as next batch opens. Smiley

edit: whats with this batch2 link above? who is rigwarz?
dsheaffer

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 10:33:57 PM

I ordered two C1s about a week ago, but they have not yet shipped.  I pinged BitMainTech earlier this evening for an ETA; no response yet. 

Also, although Syscooling.com sent an email with a DHL shipping number for the coolers, the DHL website says it is invalid and when I try to get the status of this order from the syscooling site, I get a 404 error.

On only a vaguely related note, has anyone used BTCrow to escrow BTC for private buy / sell transactions?  I'm trying to sell seven of my S3s and the potential buyer wants to use this service.  Thoughts?  Thanks in advance for any advice.
well,just be patient,your information will be showed soon in DHL website.any question you could email us(watercooling@ysun.net).

Well, I have been patient. And I have sent an email to you concerning the fact that the DHL website still reports the tracking number you provided is not found.  I sent that email 24 hours ago and you have not responded.  I just checked the DHL website again and it still reports the tracking number as "not found" even though your original email with the tracking number from 3 days ago.  I imagine that the tracking number you provided is incorrect. For your reference the order number is 2014102315180.  An update or response to my email would be much appreciated.

Shouldn't DHL waybills be characters? I thought only the individual parcels were 13 characters.

That's my order number with Syscooling.com, not the DHL waybill number.  However, the DHL "tracking" number they provided is 10 numerics.

OK...Syscooling may not know how to run a website or how to track a package, but amazingly an exceptionally well packaged pair of coolers showed up at my door today.  I haven't opened the package yet, but all appears to be in good order from external appearances and this is just in time for the arrival of my C1s tomorrow.  The DHL tracking site still shows "not found" for the tracking number Syscooling provided and my 11 year old son destroyed the outside labeling, so I can't see what the tracking number actually was.  Also, the Commercial Invoice lists 5Pcs of "Aluminium Radiators" at $2 each, but I guess that's their problem, not mine.  Anyway...I will report on the install tomorrow or over the weekend.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 01:54:24 AM
Last edit: October 30, 2014, 03:15:26 AM by notlist3d

Ok got them going.  Happy I ordered a little extra coolant. After looking i used around 600 cc each of fluid.  I also cut the tubing where I had some left by eyeballing length syscooling used.  Syscooling gives you more then enough tubing.

Hardest thing was one had no response on network.  Took a while but luckily it had a corrupt card in it.  I had a 2nd one so made a image re-flashed the card and was up and running.

Now i finally get to see them up and running Smiley  Have to say very nice design.  It allows 1TH is very small area compared to most miners.  

My post install advice:
    • The starting IP should be 192.168.1.99
    • Get a nice screw driver you will be opening and closing case (10 screws per miner) to plug in pump, etc.
    • Have a little bowl or something for all the screws it's easy to drop the small screws
    • Test it with top of case off, to make sure it's working.  If you have problems taking case on/off adds up.

I will work on uploading a image in-case anyone has same problem I did.  Figuring it was micro sd card that was corrupt was quite a chore, and I was lucky to have a 2nd miner to clone it's micro sd card.[/list]
    dogie
    Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
    October 30, 2014, 02:53:30 AM

Ok got them going.  Happy I ordered a little extra coolant.  Syscooling gives you more then enough tubing.

How much did you use?

notlist3d
    Legendary

View Profile
    October 30, 2014, 03:11:21 AM

Ok got them going.  Happy I ordered a little extra coolant.  Syscooling gives you more then enough tubing.

How much did you use?

I was thinking i used more then I did I appolgize been a long day with the corrupt card.  Just checked for exact amount I filled 2 and used 1200 cc so right around 600 cc each.   Which is less then 1L each.  So your suggestion was great.   I also didn't use all of the tubing, I estimated syscoolings cuts by eye and had some left.
    petersiddle98

Activity: 272
    Merit: 250

View Profile
    October 30, 2014, 03:26:22 AM

Sold out faster then expected. Almost every bitmain product sell off eventually.

dogie
    Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
    October 30, 2014, 04:04:37 AM

Seems to be sold out. Will there be another batch?

I'll let you know.

Not known at this point. Low BTC price doesn't help.

MissouriMiner

Activity: 312
    Merit: 250

View Profile
    October 30, 2014, 05:09:14 AM
    Last edit: October 30, 2014, 05:43:09 AM by MissouriMiner

The noise level is exactly the same as the S3, if you are familiar with their noise level.  The C1 has the 1 of the same fans as the S3.  It's just 1 fan, instead of 2.  The noise level seems the same for 1, or 2, of those stock high-speed fans.  I'm sure someone will disagree.  ;-)   The single fan on the C1 drowns out the cooling unit fans. (I order the recommended cooling unit.)  

A bit of additional info.  My C1 is using 875 Watts at the wall.  The PSU is a Rosewill Lightning 1300W.  All default settings on the C1.  The clock frequency is 250.

I was mistaken on my fan noise comment.  After a short time, the fan slowed down and it is quieter now.  The fan ran at a higher speed for a little while, beyond the normal startup max speed test.  Anyway, I was wrong about the noise level being the same.  I can measure the db tomorrow, if that's not been done yet.
    syscooling

Activity: 154
    Merit: 100

View Profile
    October 30, 2014, 06:45:56 AM

I was about to order but shipping is too expensive and brokerage fees by UPS will be expensive.

0.416 BTC ($146) for 2 units in Canada without brokerage fees.

Why are they not shipping with china post airmail? I'm sure shipping would be cheaper and brokerage fees would be handled by Canada Post for a lot less than UPS.

syscooling, can you offer regular air mail shipping option?

To both BITMAINTECH and SYSCOOLING.  I would have already ordered 1 or more of these units if it was not for the limited shipping options.  Both UPS and DHL not only are very slow at clearing customs, but they charge a HUGE fee for it.  If you had the shipping option of regular postal service airmail, then I could receive this in a much more timely fashion, much lower cost and this would in turn be you receiving much more orders.

I echo the above guys sentiments, and what is probably on the minds of many other guys who are already having trouble with the couriers, PLEASE see if you can offer regular Air Mail as a shipping option.

Thanks.
    Thanks for choosing our products,and what you suggest is the thing we are trying to solve all the time.The options we provide now are the best choices so far,but if you have other ways for shipping,you could email us and we appreciate it.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
    ████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
    ████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
    syscooling

Activity: 154

View Profile
    October 30, 2014, 07:02:26 AM

I ordered two C1s about a week ago, but they have not yet shipped.  I pinged BitMainTech earlier this evening for an ETA; no response yet. 

Also, although Syscooling.com sent an email with a DHL shipping number for the coolers, the DHL website says it is invalid and when I try to get the status of this order from the syscooling site, I get a 404 error.

On only a vaguely related note, has anyone used BTCrow to escrow BTC for private buy / sell transactions?  I'm trying to sell seven of my S3s and the potential buyer wants to use this service.  Thoughts?  Thanks in advance for any advice.
    well,just be patient,your information will be showed soon in DHL website.any question you could email us(watercooling@ysun.net).

Well, I have been patient. And I have sent an email to you concerning the fact that the DHL website still reports the tracking number you provided is not found.  I sent that email 24 hours ago and you have not responded.  I just checked the DHL website again and it still reports the tracking number as "not found" even though your original email with the tracking number from 3 days ago.  I imagine that the tracking number you provided is incorrect. For your reference the order number is 2014102315180.  An update or response to my email would be much appreciated.

Shouldn't DHL waybills be characters? I thought only the individual parcels were 13 characters.

That's my order number with Syscooling.com, not the DHL waybill number.  However, the DHL "tracking" number they provided is 10 numerics.

OK...Syscooling may not know how to run a website or how to track a package, but amazingly an exceptionally well packaged pair of coolers showed up at my door today.  I haven't opened the package yet, but all appears to be in good order from external appearances and this is just in time for the arrival of my C1s tomorrow.  The DHL tracking site still shows "not found" for the tracking number Syscooling provided and my 11 year old son destroyed the outside labeling, so I can't see what the tracking number actually was.  Also, the Commercial Invoice lists 5Pcs of "Aluminium Radiators" at $2 each, but I guess that's their problem, not mine.  Anyway...I will report on the install tomorrow or over the weekend.
    Thanks for choosing our products,and if you have other suggestions please let us know.DHL sometimes have delay problems,you could trust us and the tracking no we provided.Wish you have good experience.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
    ████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
    ████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
    notlist3d
    Legendary

View Profile
    October 30, 2014, 12:17:02 PM
    Last edit: October 30, 2014, 03:19:21 PM by notlist3d

Here is in-case anyone runs into what I did with corrupt SD.  It is a image for the C1, IP is set to 192.168.1.176 static.

Ran out of dropbox space here a a google drive of a zipped version (thanks Dogie for info)

dogie
    Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
    October 30, 2014, 01:23:39 PM

Here is in-case anyone runs into what I did with corrupt SD.  It is a image for the C1, IP is set to 192.168.1.176 static.

Btw if you zip that .img it will go down to about 50mb rather than 4GB

neo9436

Activity: 211

View Profile
    October 30, 2014, 02:42:55 PM

Seems to be sold out. Will there be another batch?

I'll let you know.

Not known at this point. Low BTC price doesn't help.

Why aren't they accepting USD for anything but the S4's?
    Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 »  All
      Print  

Jump to: