Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:35:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PirateAt40's Money Laundering Operations: GPUMAX and BST  (Read 16019 times)
NothinG

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 06:31:42 AM

i am confident that it is a ponzi. I do not have proof, because I do not need proof. If it is a ponzi, there is no proof to be had. Sort of like how you can't prove that unicorns do or don't exist. in what universe does somebody offer 7% weekly when half that much would still have people lining up to get in? The 7% keeps people from withdrawing their principal. It is set at 7% for that reason and no other. If this were a real business, run by a real business man, all of that excess profit would be kept by the promoter. Depositors are too greedy to withdraw with those returns on the table. It really is very simple.

I have only 10 btc in BTCST as I type this (hedged with betsofbitcoin). But that is also most of my bitcoins atm. I am looking for a quick buck or two. But honestly, the sooner this shit defaults, the sooner bitcoin can start recovering from all the damage. But go ahead and flame me anyway.

This is the one post I will make regarding the ponzi issue. Peace.
No further comments.

Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MarketNeutral

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 06:34:43 AM

I'm sure I'm not the only one who is withholding revealing and damaging information out of respect to all the members of this forum, especially Pirateat40. You think we all rely on google? Woof, woof.
Put up or shut up.

I'll shut up.

I don't want to actually slander someone.

Even without corporate/institutional database searches, one can still find phone numbers, police records, business filings, marriage records, addresses, etc. All public information. All searching the internet in just a few minutes.

But I think I've said enough about this topic. A curious investor will figure out where to look.

What's more interesting is the level of risk tolerance by investors. I've been thinking a lot about this and, similar to Wall Street, the psychology seems akin to gambling. One of the reasons I find Wall Street so fascinating----but also why I hate working with Wall Street firms----is because the gambling mentality that is so pervasive there feigns investment. I've spent many a night in Macau, Vegas, and Monaco, but at least in those places they're honest and upfront about the risk. But Wall Street and the various 'bonds' on this forum? Those high rates don't come from nothing.
finkleshnorts

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 06:37:29 AM

No further comments.

lol tell me about it.
JusticeForYou
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 271

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 07:34:11 AM

I don't want to actually slander someone.

Even without corporate/institutional database searches, one can still find phone numbers, police records, business filings, marriage records, addresses, etc. All public information. All searching the internet in just a few minutes.

But I think I've said enough about this topic. A curious investor will figure out where to look.

Well that is nice, hint but don't slander. It is an improvement though.

And what is it with 'investors', 'lenders', 'traders', etc... Searching the internet for their investigative techniques. You realize that even for a Lexis Nexus search your starting information needs to be confirmed. It is the internet. Do you get all your investing information from it? If you were to invest any significant sum with anybody, you might want to actually meet them and confirm information. You can't rely on PP accounts, email headers, IP addresses, scanned images of DL's, etc... as a form of identity. That might reduce a risk (at least a little) but they are not scribed in stone. Geesh... waiting for someone to use Barack Obama, he could get a PP account, Bank Account, and even provide a Birth Certificate since it was posted for the whole world to see. Smiley

Truly paranoid people will even expect their computers to be compromised and load it full of information for people to speculate on and lead them on wild goose chases.

If you really want to know, go and find out. But until then, you must rely on his actions to date. He has done what he said he was going to do.

I am willing to bet when everything comes to light there will be some "WTF's I got that one wrong" going on here.

Make a list of 'ALL' possibilities and start checking them off but keep them to yourselves until you can prove something. Go ahead and talk among the various cabal's or w/e but don't put them in a public forum that is searched via the google.bot

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
bulanula

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 10:18:24 AM

Wanna know what I think ? The facts are out there where I talked about them but this is my opinion of piecing the pieces together.

The sock puppet OP is clearly "paraipan" ( notice the word "snitch" in the OP and see this report http://bitcoin-shitlist.com/2012/02/16/paraipan/ ) or none other than Mircea Popescu - the very passionate anti-pirate dude with the hot girl avatar. Clearly the OP being a puppet is very funny in itself.

What do they have in common you say ? Both seem to be from the same country in the EU and speak the same fuzzy language.

Other than that paraipan is a self righteous snitch that always wants to play the police ( see him reporting Bitcoinica as doing some illegal stuff to the Spanish police ) and bring justice to the forum all by himself Cheesy Maybe he is dreaming of becoming a policeman and practising on us now Wink

Mircea Popescu ? He is heavily selling anti-pirate bonds and betting on pirate defaulting ( but nobody bought his crap anyway ). Terrytibbs ? Did not get invited to the pirate bank due to being a scammer and he missed the boat.

Funny how all the people making accusations are probably jealous they did not get in on the action early enough and jealous of his massive success.

I am convinced pirate is doing good for this community and BTC in general. FUD all you want but I think his projects are great !
bulanula

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 10:34:14 AM

Wanna know what I think ? The facts are out there where I talked about them but this is my opinion of piecing the pieces together.

The sock puppet OP is clearly "paraipan" ( notice the word "snitch" in the OP and see this report http://bitcoin-shitlist.com/2012/02/16/paraipan/ ) or none other than Mircea Popescu - the very passionate anti-pirate dude with the hot girl avatar. Clearly the OP being a puppet is very funny in itself.

What do they have in common you say ? Both seem to be from the same country in the EU and speak the same fuzzy language.

Other than that paraipan is a self righteous snitch that always wants to play the police ( see him reporting Bitcoinica as doing some illegal stuff to the Spanish police ) and bring justice to the forum all by himself Cheesy Maybe he is dreaming of becoming a policeman and practising on us now Wink

Mircea Popescu ? He is heavily selling anti-pirate bonds and betting on pirate defaulting ( but nobody bought his crap anyway ). Terrytibbs ? Did not get invited to the pirate bank due to being a scammer and he missed the boat.

Funny how all the people making accusations are probably jealous they did not get in on the action early enough and jealous of his massive success.

I am convinced pirate is doing good for this community and BTC in general. FUD all you want but I think his projects are great !

Funny you should mention the shitlist given who's on top of the charts over there right now.

Funny how you try and distract from the issue at hand ! Wonder why ? You missed the pirate boat ... ARGHH matey !!! Cheesy
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2012, 10:56:24 AM

Really? I thought from the name Popescu he must have been Romanian. Well, this is an informative thread!

Subbbbbbb-ed!

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 11:09:37 AM

Really? I thought from the name Popescu he must have been Romanian. Well, this is an informative thread!

Subbbbbbb-ed!

Now I need a subway sub, bastid.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
bulanula

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 11:13:59 AM

Subbbbbbb-ed!

Exactly. paraipan and Mircea Popescu are 100% Romanian.  

See here for the forum discussion I oversaw using Google Translate : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=15007.0

Funny they see a ponzi here because Romania has had many a ponzi scheme and the people are the most gullible ever in regards to ponzis :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caritas_(Ponzi_scheme)
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2012, 01:37:09 PM

paraipan is Spanish and Romanian? At the same time? Is this some sort of dual citizenship deal?

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
malaimult

Activity: 658

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 02:23:48 PM

could you please explain again what has pirateat40 , paraipan and mircea popescu all in common?

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 04:18:49 PM

could you please explain again what has pirateat40 , paraipan and mircea popescu all in common?

Look at the color of the 'Ignore' label on bula's profile,
it'll make much clear.

And the cute red crosses at his avatar. That ain't there for no reason.
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 07:04:21 PM

Look at the color of the 'Ignore' label on bula's profile,
it'll make much clear.

And the cute red crosses at his avatar. That ain't there for no reason.

It means he  Kiss us all.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
jamesg
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 07:05:46 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=82849.0
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 07:18:25 PM

Well, that settles it.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
sturle
Legendary

Activity: 1437
Merit: 1002

https://bitmynt.no

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2012, 08:58:59 PM

I think the last few threads started with this reasoning:
"I have no factual basis for my beliefs, therefore I argue that someone else is a criminal."
Except this one.  How do you make 7% a week legally?  You don't even have to answer, since he even claimed himself the operation "may be illegal in his country" or something similar.  (For the illiterate: This is illegal everywhere, no doubt about that, so I'm not going to reveal any specifics.) There can't be any doubt about the [il]legality.  The only remaining question is exactly how it is done.  And you don't need to know all the details, not even to get someone convicted.

Sjå https://bitmynt.no for veksling av bitcoin mot norske kroner.  Trygt, billig, raskt og enkelt sidan 2010.
I buy with EUR and other currencies at a fair market price when you want to sell.  See http://bitmynt.no/eurprice.pl
Warning: "Bitcoin" XT, Classic, Unlimited and the likes are scams. Don't use them, and don't listen to their shills.
PatrickHarnett

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 09:17:37 PM

"I have no factual basis for my beliefs, therefore I argue that someone else is a criminal."
Except this one.  How do you make 7% a week legally?  You don't even have to answer, since he even claimed himself the operation "may be illegal in his country" or something similar.  (For the illiterate: This is illegal everywhere, no doubt about that, so I'm not going to reveal any specifics.) There can't be any doubt about the [il]legality.  The only remaining question is exactly how it is done.  And you don't need to know all the details, not even to get someone convicted.

Actually there are places you can make 7% per week legally.  It's not something I chose to do, and the total dollar returns are not great for me because of market size.  I'll stick to providing 7%/month returns for people (legally), and wait for someone to come trolling that my offering 200+% per year returns "must" be some kind of illegal ponzi shit.  Sure it's not as good as Pirate, nor as such a scale, but it's nicely sustainable.
JusticeForYou
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 271

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 09:47:42 PM

I might be confused here. Are you saying making 7%/week is illegal? or paying 7%/week is illegal?

OMG, don't you guys know what markups are in Retail? Lets start sending everybody to jail, they're all ponzi's.

Can we start with Cell Phone companies?

Oh, how about MP that charges $5 per fill and people routinely buy $50 cards. That is 10% right there.

But I see how it is, if it walks like a Duck, quacks like a Duck, it's a Goose. Smiley

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 09:51:48 PM

Actually there are places you can make 7% per week legally.  It's not something I chose to do, and the total dollar returns are not great for me because of market size.  I'll stick to providing 7%/month returns for people (legally), and wait for someone to come trolling that my offering 200+% per year returns "must" be some kind of illegal ponzi shit.  Sure it's not as good as Pirate, nor as such a scale, but it's nicely sustainable.

Are you referring to payday loans?
splatster

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 10:19:53 PM

Pirate/Trendon is not obliged to explain himself to us, but neither is seeking answers FUD.

Making up an outlandish story with no backing (which is what the OP is) is not seeking answers, it is spreading FUD.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: