Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:53:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Idea for a BS&T security  (Read 4092 times)
JusticeForYou
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 271

View Profile
May 20, 2012, 04:07:00 PM

Well I guess it's a free market, but of 1?  

I guess 0.5% is OK, but then why not 0.1%, OR do you really want to sell some shares in GLBSE? How about 7.1%/wk?

I understand Theymos is respected and a good Admin for the Forum, but if his 'likability' translates into his wishes being turned into reality then it isn't a 'FreeMarket'.

However, it is a good thing. I just wished the market would have forced it to happen.

Testing... Testing...     Goat how about 7.5%/wk?  

Why would someone payout more than pirate for a pirate pass through?

Wouldn't that be obvious?  He would quickly become #1. The #1 man. The goto guy.   Smiley

But lets assume Goat can make 8% on his funds, he offers 7.5% to steal the market share and become 'influential'.

There are tons of reasons.  Cereal companies compete with themselves.

But what I was doing: Was 'Testing' whether 'one' guy could swing the rates. Smiley

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 20, 2012, 10:39:51 PM

Well I guess it's a free market, but of 1?  

I guess 0.5% is OK, but then why not 0.1%, OR do you really want to sell some shares in GLBSE? How about 7.1%/wk?

I understand Theymos is respected and a good Admin for the Forum, but if his 'likability' translates into his wishes being turned into reality then it isn't a 'FreeMarket'.

However, it is a good thing. I just wished the market would have forced it to happen.

Testing... Testing...     Goat how about 7.5%/wk?  

Why would someone payout more than pirate for a pirate pass through?

Wouldn't that be obvious?  He would quickly become #1. The #1 man. The goto guy.   Smiley

But lets assume Goat can make 8% on his funds, he offers 7.5% to steal the market share and become 'influential'.

There are tons of reasons.  Cereal companies compete with themselves.

But what I was doing: Was 'Testing' whether 'one' guy could swing the rates. Smiley

#1 of handing out more than you take in isn't much of an accomplishment.

Also, why would we assume 8% when the highest rate publicly known is 7%?

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2012, 11:54:44 PM

Goat's already pretty influential. I don' think he'd run an investment at a loss to him just for kudos.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
BinaryMage

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Ad astra.

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 03:38:00 AM

I do it for the lulz!

Please, please no.

-- BinaryMage -- | OTC | PGP
brendio

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 04:00:39 AM
Last edit: May 21, 2012, 04:38:41 AM by brendio

Okay, I'll jump on the bandwagon. Here's my offer:

My account is very old - within a day of the first public BS&T offer. I'm under the limit for the full interest. I'll accept co-deposits for no fee for the first 1700 BTC. You'll get exactly the same rate I get in interest.

So, currently 4.2% until I get 300 BTC, then 5.6 % until I get 1700 BTC and then we all get 7%. All I get out of these deposits in increased interest on my holding. No insurance. If pirate defaults, you lose and I lose.

Minimum term 1 month. Minimum deposit 20 BTC. Interest paid weekly. After I get the first 1700 BTC, I'll pay out 6.75% on further deposits.

BinaryMage

Activity: 560

Ad astra.

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 04:24:51 AM

Okay, I'll jump on the bandwagon. Here's my offer:

My account is very old - within a day of the first public BS&T offer. I'm under the limit for the full interest. I'll accept co-deposits for no fee for the first 1700 BTC. You'll get exactly the same rate I get in interest.

So, currently 4.1% until I get 300 BTC, then 5.6 % until I get 1700 BTC and then we all get 7%. All I get out of these deposits in increased interest on my holding. No insurance. If pirate defaults, you lose and I lose.

Minimum term 1 month. Minimum deposit 20 BTC. Interest paid weekly. After I get the first 1700 BTC, I'll pay out 6.75% on further deposits.

Lowest tier interest rate is 4.2%, not 4.1%, unless Pirate's thread information isn't correct. (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=50822.0)

-- BinaryMage -- | OTC | PGP
brendio

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 04:38:29 AM

Yep. That's correct. It was a genuine typo, not a hidden fee. I'll update my post.

Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 09:12:00 AM

I'd love to see one of the 6.75% offers on GLBSE, as it makes it easier to see if dividends are paid out in time... if nobody does it, I'll do it but I'd need one or more partners that have accounts at pirateat40 (I don't, and I most likely never will invest more than play money there) and guarantee me to deposit any amount of BTC I give to them there as well as paying out any amount of deposited BTC asap on my request (asap = within 1-2 business days or so, I have a life too...).

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
brendio

View Profile
May 21, 2012, 09:22:33 AM

I'd love to see one of the 6.75% offers on GLBSE, as it makes it easier to see if dividends are paid out in time... if nobody does it, I'll do it but I'd need one or more partners that have accounts at pirateat40 (I don't, and I most likely never will invest more than play money there) and guarantee me to deposit any amount of BTC I give to them there as well as paying out any amount of deposited BTC asap on my request (asap = within 1-2 business days or so, I have a life too...).
PM sent.

opticbit

Activity: 695
Merit: 502

PGP: 6EBEBCE1E0507C38

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2012, 12:50:36 PM

Will try after I build up my balance some more...

had to cash out some btc.

Bitrated user: opticbit.
https://www.bitrated.com/opticbit
brendio

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 10:33:59 AM

I'd like to invest with Bitcoin Savings & Trust, but it's apparently pretty difficult to get an account and you can't get the best interest rate without risking tons of BTC. PPT is alright, but, as Meni Rosenfeld pointed out, the "insurance" is mostly meaningless and only makes figuring out the risk/reward more difficult.

I'd like to see a GLBSE asset like this:
- Each share represents 1 BTC invested in BS&T and gets weekly dividend payments equal to whatever BS&T pays minus a small fee for the owner of the asset.
- Every week at some predetermined time, the asset owner creates enough new shares to fill all bids of 1 BTC or more.

Anyone with a BS&T account want to do this?
theymos,

Is my offer close enough to what you had in mind? I'm doing the second point by proxy. Market makers can arbitrage to meet buy side demand.

theymos (OP)
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12982

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 02:27:50 PM

I ended up making ~50 BTC on TYGRR.BOND-P, which I'm pretty happy about. I sold long before the default. Thanks for creating it!

I do tend to think it's a Ponzi scheme, so I view it as a form of gambling. Hopefully no one else is gambling more than they can afford to lose.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: