Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 02:46:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Attitude toward daily Bitcoin price  (Read 2868 times)
Morecoin Freeman (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

Legendary trader

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 08:05:53 PM

I don't get the following:

People are like: 'I wish I bought Bitcoin when price was lower,' and: 'If it crashes to $100 I will go all-in.'
Then price goes down, those same people cry...

How's your attitude toward the daily bitcoin price?

I have no emotional feelings associated with the price. Also, I buy more bitcoin every other month.
I'm invested because I appreciate bitcoin and I see my investment become valuable at some point in time. Smiley
When the price is down I see it as an opportunity to invest at a more favorable price.

Ask the stranger he knows who you really are.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2014, 08:30:43 PM

My attitude is that 999 trillion topics about this subject are...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07So_lJQyqw

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
DhaniBoy

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 04:54:09 AM

bitcoin prices are currently fluctuating, sometimes up and sometimes down, a lot of factors are responsible for this, among others, many of her supplies bitcoin market while demand slightly, due to the many collectors bitcoin bitcoin sell to the market, hopefully the price will be more stable bitcoin each day ...  Cool

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
zinger

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 06:32:21 AM

Well, I am quite optimistic that bitcoin price will reach $500 by the end of the year.
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 12:06:14 PM

If you are sensitive about the price, it is not the right time to invest bitcoin. The price is down a lot from last year's peak!

RomertL

Activity: 470

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 12:40:19 PM

If you are sensitive about the price, it is not the right time to invest bitcoin. The price is down a lot from last year's peak!

So if price is already down, it's not a good time to invest, but if it's peaking, it is! Thx for the advice you must be rich

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████▀
░░░░░░░▄████░░████████▀
░░▄█████████████████▀
░░░████████████████▀
░░░░██████████████▀
░░░░░██████░░█████▀
░░░░░░██████████▀
░░░░░░░████████▀
░░░░░░░░██████▀
░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░░░░░░░█▀

▄████████████▀▀█▄
████▀▀▀▀▀░░░▄ ░██
██▄░░░░░░░▄▀░░███
████▄░░░▄▀░░░████
██████▄█░░░░█████
████████░▄░██████
▀███████████████▀
▄████▀▀▀█▀▀▀████▄
████░▄▀▀▀▀▀▄░████
██▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀██
█▀░░░█▀█░█▀█░░░▀█
█░░░░▀▀▀░▀▀▀░░░░█
█▄░░▀▄░░░░░▄▀░░██
▀██▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██▀

▄█▀███████▀▀████▄
██░░▀███▀░░░░▀▄██
███░░░░▀░░░░░░▄██
████░░░░░░░░░░░██
█████▄░░░░░░░░▄██
██▄░░░░░░░░░▄████
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████▀░▀▀▀▀░▀████
████░░░░░░░░░░███
████▄░░░░░░░░▄███
█▀████▄▄░░▄▄█████
██▄▀▀▀▀░░░░██████
▀██████▄▄▄▄█████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██░██
██░▄███████▄░█░██
██░█▄▄▄▄▄███░█░██
██░▀███████▀░████
███▄▄░░░▄▄▄▄█████
▀█████▄█████████▀

▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░▄▀█▀██▄░▀███
██░▄█▀░▀░▀▀██▄░██
██░███░▀▀▀ ▀██░██
██░███░████░██░██
██▄░█▄░▄░▄▄▄▀░▄██
▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀

CryptoCarmen

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 01:02:36 PM

People are like: 'I wish I bought Bitcoin when price was lower,' and: 'If it crashes to $100 I will go all-in.'

I have no emotional feelings associated with the price. Also, I buy more bitcoin every other month.
I'm invested because I appreciate bitcoin and I see my investment become valuable at some point in time. Smiley
When the price is down I see it as an opportunity to invest at a more favorable price.

you will be rich one day.
michaelb87

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 01:56:02 PM

Really can't foresee the way it will go. Probably up but nobody can tell when, it can just as easy drop first.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 02:10:43 PM

I find it hard to believe anyone that holds BTC feels zero joy on a rise and sadness on a drop.

The key is to not be ruled by your emotions.  IMO the key is to understand that you have and will make rash decisions based on emotions and to learn from it to harden your resolve to do something based on joy, rage or depression.

I buy a bit pretty much every pay.
MF Doom

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 03:37:55 PM

Really can't foresee the way it will go. Probably up but nobody can tell when, it can just as easy drop first.

but everyone on here thinks they can tell the future.  truth is we could see 100 or less next month.  no one knows
scarsbergholden

Activity: 686

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 11:31:59 PM

I find it hard to believe anyone that holds BTC feels zero joy on a rise and sadness on a drop.
The best investors do not allow emotion to get to them when making investing decisions. IF someone were to have joy (greed) when the price is appreciating and sadness (fear) when the price is falling they have a much greater chance of losing money and/or having a lesser return on their investment

pattu1

Activity: 675

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 03:29:15 AM

The best investors do not allow emotion to get to them when making investing decisions. IF someone were to have joy (greed) when the price is appreciating and sadness (fear) when the price is falling they have a much greater chance of losing money and/or having a lesser return on their investment

If you are not a good investor, you should outsource it to professionals. Unfortunately, retain investors do not have too many options to that in the bitcoin space.
TrailingComet

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 09:09:51 AM

I try to ignore daily px moves as much as possible. I check around 2 to3 times a week so I have a feel for what's going on

leen93

Activity: 616

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 02:06:46 PM

I'm sure btc price will go up,
I had over 10 btc but lost more than 8 by 2 thefts, I'll just keep them in a cold storage and don't take them out before 2018
CryptoCarmen

Activity: 84

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 02:22:24 PM

I'm sure btc price will go up,
I had over 10 btc but lost more than 8 by 2 thefts, I'll just keep them in a cold storage and don't take them out before 2018

you should not offer your valets others so easy. I understand that people are not cautious and lose coins once, but twice is a bit strange to happen.
Fioraver

Activity: 472
Merit: 100

Gamblica Pre-Sale launch 01.03.2018!

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 05:32:56 AM

shut down, we are going to death...

Thylacine

Activity: 115

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 08:20:40 AM

Well the fiat price is up over 100% from when I bought in, so I'm pretty pleased. Can't get those gains in a managed fund over 12 months ...

Captain Hindsight would have sold at the peak and be rolling in spare cash, but I'm happy with my decision to hold then and now. The USD purchasing power has rebounded as well so I'm not too fussed with the BTC price drops of late. Start testing $100 and I'll be looking at my position maybe.  Sad

Either way, the blockchain technology is the big winner here, even if the price tends to $0 we've all still got something out of this experiment which will no doubt be built upon and replicated.

cinder

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 02:45:52 PM

The problem is if the price crash to 100, the people screaming they will go all in will suddenly lose their balls to do so.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 05:54:12 PM

I treat Bitcoin as a currency, not a form of speculative investment, that's what a lot of people you've pointed out are using Bitcoin for, when things go badly for them they try to blame the currency for their problems, there will definitely be some crazy price swings, but for those who stick around and accumulate instead of selling on every price rise they'll end up with thousands while the speculators who just wanted to cash out in paper will be screwed because of the economic collapse.

The only way I'd cash out on Bitcoin now after seeing it's performance is to buy gold and silver.
Sophie.Greek

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 04:30:07 AM

using Bitcoin when I need to transfer funds
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: