Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:27:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: First church to accept bitcoins  (Read 4310 times)
pawel7777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2014, 09:38:52 PM

First church to accept bitcoins:

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/london-church-becomes-first-in-the-uk-to-accept-bitcoins-for-its-collection-9118955.html

A London church has become the first in the country to accept internet currency Bitcoins in its collection plate.

The Rev Chris Brice of St Martin’s Anglican Parish Church in Gospel Oak said the innovation showed that “we are people in touch with what’s going on around us”.

Some supporters of Bitcoins claim the currency wrestles power from corporations and banking giants, and its value has soared in the past 12 months, peaking at more than £615.

Mr Brice said: “The current [financial] system is not all that reliable, given recent events. You’ve got to live in an environment where people are free to experiment with these things. If this doesn’t work we’ll try something else.”

Parishioners can scan a QR barcode in the church with a mobile device to make anonymous donations from their Bitcoin account, or “wallet”.

Andrew Harrison, 45, who came up with the idea for the church, said: “No one knows who is making the donation, which is the way it should be. Only God knows.”

and also this:

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/churches-starting-evangelize-bitcoin/

A recent article addressed to church leaders openly raises the question of accepting and promoting Bitcoin donations. A new step further for the adoption of Bitcoin by civil society?

The Christian-oriented media Church Law & Tax just placed once again the Bitcoin debate on the table in the Christian community, following the publication of an article welcoming the decision of the American charity United Way Worldwide to accept bitcoin for its Innovation fund.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2014, 09:41:14 PM

They'd better make sure nobody changes the QR code...

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 09:47:34 PM

so i can send Jesus some BTC?

Awesome, i'm going to heaven for sure... I mean aside from killing gay/lesbian, i can send buy some heaven estate with my btc.

HugoTheSpider

Activity: 38
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 09:51:01 PM

Church accepts bitcoins? Nice. But I don't donate to any organisation who wants to tell my that prostution or sex before marriage is wrong. I don't think that way.
Willisius

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

I'm really quite sane!

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 10:06:16 PM

so i can send Jesus some BTC?

Awesome, i'm going to heaven for sure... I mean aside from killing gay/lesbian, i can send buy some heaven estate with my btc.

Man, these guys are doing something good by setting an example that BTC is for everybody, and you're deriding their religion. For shame.
Bitcoin Magazine

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 10:09:55 PM

Church accepts bitcoins? Nice. But I don't donate to any organisation who wants to tell my that prostution or sex before marriage is wrong. I don't think that way.

so let me guess.  you want an organization that tells you what to do?  Smiley

i am here.
HugoTheSpider

Activity: 38
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 10:18:39 PM

so let me guess.  you want an organization that tells you what to do?  Smiley
No. I don't look for a parental replacement. I just want the freedom of doing things I want which includes sex without marriage and commitment afterwards as long both are consent.
Bitcoin Magazine

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 10:28:32 PM

so let me guess.  you want an organization that tells you what to do?  Smiley
No. I don't look for a parental replacement. I just want the freedom of doing things I want which includes sex without marriage and commitment afterwards as long both are consent.

so u like jails

i am here.
Armis

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 16, 2014, 11:04:05 PM

so let me guess.  you want an organization that tells you what to do?  Smiley

no he whats a church that goes by the book he wrote, the doctrine he establish, and the tenets he ordained over the many years he has ruled this earth with his multitude of followers.
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2014, 11:57:32 PM

Superstition is the end of reason.

No gods, no masters.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
dollar

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 12:23:01 AM

When will temple accept bitcoins ? Grin
Armis

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 12:53:54 AM

No gods, no masters.

yeah, everyone is equal ... idiot!

Try this experiment take flour, eggs, sugar, baking soda, butter, milk, and a oven and just leave them in the kitchen, how long do you thing it would take to evolve into a cake?
 a million years, a billion years, a trillion years?  It won't happen because there's no action behind it, and there no plan behind that.

Before you have an earth, solar system, or galaxies you must have a plan, as well as the ingredients and action to carryout that plan.   Who created the ingredients, and who designed the plan?  You can't get a "bang" without bang ingredients and a plan to make a bang.

...  who created thought, who created a system where by the invisible mind controls the physical body  ...  

You live in a world where 90+% of the world population are theist.   Be glad they don't treat you as you treat them.

ABitNut

Activity: 764

I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 01:00:05 AM

No gods, no masters.

Try this experiment take flour, eggs, sugar, baking soda, butter, milk, and a oven and just leave them in the kitchen, how long do you thing it would take to evolve into a cake?
 a million years, a billion years, a trillion years?  It won't happen because there's no action behind it, and there no plan behind that.

Before you have an earth, solar system, or galaxies you must have a plan, as well as the ingredients and action to carryout that plan.   Who created the ingredients, and who designed the plan?  You can't get a "bang" without bang ingredients and a plan to make a bang.

...  who created thought, who created a system where by the invisible mind controls the physical body  ...  

You live in a world where 90+% of the world population are theist.   Be glad they don't treat you as you treat them.

Comparing everything that exists to a cake, nice. And where does that 90+% figure come from? Does that include non practicing "theists"?
asscoindigger

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 01:19:44 AM

Hope the LE don't bust this church and search for any drugs lol
Armis

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 01:51:32 AM

No gods, no masters.

Comparing everything that exists to a cake, nice. And where does that 90+% figure come from? Does that include non practicing "theists"?

The 90+% figure is what I use when I don't feel like using 97% and bickering over percents. 

You have those who believe there is a God, the God, the Gods, and those who don't believe there is a God.  Those who believe there is a God but not worthy of worship, praise, or honor are still theist.      There are tons of kids that thoroughly hate their parents and and what nothing to do with then (unless of course they need them), even go as far as to wish they were not their parents but they don't deny their parent's existence. 

In time most come around.  It's absolute foolish to live on this earth for a full lifetime and exit our reality believing all of this organization could occur without a plan.
theskillzdatklls

Activity: 1328
Merit: 563

MintDice.com | TG: t.me/MintDice

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2014, 02:03:18 AM

does the church accept bitcoins that i win from poker/gambling? what if i took up prostitution and earned em that way, they still takin em?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
Come-In-Behind

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 02:11:45 AM
Last edit: October 17, 2014, 02:26:48 AM by Come-In-Behind

I believe religion is healthy and vice versa. In the context that it doesn't negatively interfere with a person's thoughts, actions, or overall well-being(life). If religion helps someone stay grounded, all the more power to them. It it does the opposite for someone else, it makes them feel suppressed, then all the power to them also.

cr4sh0verride

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 02:24:56 AM

No gods, no masters.

The 90+% figure is what I use when I don't feel like using 97% and bickering over percents.  

You have those who believe there is a God, the God, the Gods, and those who don't believe there is a God.  Those who believe there is a God but not worthy of worship, praise, or honor are still theist.      There are tons of kids that thoroughly hate their parents and and what nothing to do with then (unless of course they need them), even go as far as to wish they were not their parents but they don't deny their parent's existence.  

In time most come around.  It's absolute foolish to live on this earth for a full lifetime and exit our reality believing all of this organization could occur without a plan.

When you throw around numbers like 90% of the worlds population are at the very least Theist then you are arguing from ad populum and authority
If you need a further explanation of what those arguments are please feel free to look them up on the medium we use that contains more information than the entire known human history.

When you argue from these positions you may think it's credible but even if 99.999999% of the people in the world were Theist is doesn't prove that any god exists
Science is the best medium in which we can falsify our claims and as of now we have perfectly reasonable explanations/theories for the beginning/state of the universe and life and the things we don't know right now we say we don't know.

Your analogy is completely wrong about Evolution as well.. it's no wonder you think that way.. Just to elaborate on that though in Quantum Theory you could calculate the time it would take for those ingredients to become a cake.. It would be a number though that no one person could fathom.. I suggest watching a 1 hour presentation by Brian Cox.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u9YmpCg9bY will blow your mind

To think that you on this tiny speck of a planet in the massive universe..possibly among many more that your specific deity has a plan for you would be foolish
ABitNut

Activity: 764

I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 05:08:20 AM

No gods, no masters.

You have those who believe there is a God, the God, the Gods, and those who don't believe there is a God.  Those who believe there is a God but not worthy of worship, praise, or honor are still theist.      There are tons of kids that thoroughly hate their parents and and what nothing to do with then (unless of course they need them), even go as far as to wish they were not their parents but they don't deny their parent's existence. 

In time most come around.  It's absolute foolish to live on this earth for a full lifetime and exit our reality believing all of this organization could occur without a plan.

Wikipedia has different numbers.
Atheists comprise an estimated 2.01%, and non-religious a further 16% of the world population

That makes roughly 18 non-believers, leaving 82% at best as theists. Care to back up your 97% or even 90%?

Also; if you want to avoid bickering over things try to back up your statements. This is bitcointalk. You will be called out.
Kprawn
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 06:06:50 AM
Last edit: October 17, 2014, 06:20:15 AM by Kprawn

No gods, no masters.

Go tell that to the Bábism, Bahá’í Faith, Christianity, Catholicism, Protestantism, Restorationism, Gnosticism, Islam, Judaism, Rastafari movement, Mandaeans and Sabians, Samaritanism, Unitarian Universalism
Ayyavazhi, Buddhism, Hinduism, Jainism, Sikhism, Confucianism, Shinto, Taoism, Eurasian, Cargo cults, Hellenistic, Shinshukyo religions.

Do your homework and stop sucking numbers from your ass.

Ignorant people are born every day and trolls every second day.

In 2007, there are an estimated 157,529,444 people worldwide who are atheists. This is according to data compiled from the 2010 World Factbook of the United States Central Intelligence Agency.  This number represents about 2.32% of the world population at that time. Translated to current population statistics there would be about 170,088,267 atheists in the world today.

A 2010 survey published in Encyclopædia Britannica found that the non-religious made up about 9.6% of the world's population, and atheists about 2.0%, with a very large majority based in Asia.

THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED & PLAYER-OWNED CASINO
.EARNBET..EARN BITCOIN: DIVIDENDS
FOR-LIFETIME & MUCH MORE.
. BET WITH: BTCETHEOSLTCBCHWAXXRPBNB
.JOIN US: GITLABTWITTERTELEGRAM
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: