Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:24:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin fund for Ebola victims and their families. Start it?  (Read 1195 times)
Spendulus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 02:20:24 AM

Comments?

Some percent to Africa, some percent to US?

Orphans of African victims?

How to distribute with no losses through middlemen?

I'll start it with 10BTC.

Addresses not yet set up.  But will figure that stuff out.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinHeroes

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 03:19:06 AM

I don't think they really need this. The US is more then capable of providing support to these children, and they will likely receive some kind of support from the community.

The real issue is preventing the illness from continuing to spread. The key factor in preventing this is the healthcare system having the necessary tools in keeping healthcare providers safe and being able to treat people with ebola to the best of "medicines" ability.

(Now that I think of it a little bit more I would say these families/children would probably need help however the more pressing issue is still above)
TrailingComet

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 05:11:25 AM

Yeah, I think the situation is beyond what a btc crowdfunding exercise could solve. In fact, there is the risk that the community might be accused of using the tragedy for PR
BTC more suitable for on-going charity work rather than on-offs like ebola inmho

My Name Was Taken

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 05:40:48 PM

Doesn't seem like the kind of thing you'd raise money for. It's kind of a binary outcome: you contract the disease and die, or you contract the disease and recover and life resumes as normal. This is a different type disaster than, say, a hurricane, where survivors can't resume their lives as normal because they've lost all their possessions and home.

But I think your heart is in the right place. If anything, donate to an anti-poverty charity that works in Africa, after all, it's poverty that prevents the communities being ravaged by Ebola to build the health and sanitation services that protect people from coming into contact with Ebola in the first place. I think that's where any donations can do the most good.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 08:24:17 PM

“People in the Western World need to know what’s happening here in West Africa. THEY ARE LYING!!! 'Ebola' as a virus does NOT Exist and is NOT 'Spread'. The Red Cross has brought a disease to 4 specific countries for 4 specific reasons and it is only contracted by those who receive treatments and injections from the Red Cross. That is why Liberians and Nigerians have begun kicking the Red Cross out of their countries and reporting in the news the truth."

See more at: http://www.spiritscienceandmetaphysics.com/ebo-lie-man-living-in-ghana-confirms-ebola-is-a-hoax/#sthash.7Jof6vGU.dpuf .

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Spendulus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 08:29:00 PM

“People in the Western World need to know what’s happening here in West Africa. THEY ARE LYING!!! 'Ebola' as a virus does NOT Exist and is NOT 'Spread'. The Red Cross has brought a disease to 4 specific countries for 4 specific reasons and it is only contracted by those who receive treatments and injections from the Red Cross. That is why Liberians and Nigerians have begun kicking the Red Cross out of their countries and reporting in the news the truth."

See more at: http://www.spiritscienceandmetaphysics.com/ebo-lie-man-living-in-ghana-confirms-ebola-is-a-hoax/#sthash.7Jof6vGU.dpuf .

Smiley
Wow, incredibly naive to fall for a story like that one. 
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 08:34:22 PM

Smiley

Hey! We simply report the news.  Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
DhaniBoy

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 08:08:13 AM

something like this is a behavior that should always be in the habit, help others and be willing to sacrifice for others, to donate a portion bitcoin we have, then hopefully it can help our brothers and sisters who are struggling against the Ebola outbreak, just how we arrange delivery bitcoin address mutually agreed not to good intentions marred by the actions of irresponsible ... hopefully ...  Cool

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
cryptocoiner

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

hyperboria - next internet

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 09:54:51 AM

Comments?

Another scam?

Argwai96
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Thug for life!

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 01:20:00 PM

Smiley
I would say more like crazy. Several thousand people have died from Ebola and this has been confirmed by multiple sources.

I do not however think this is a good idea, at least not yet. We first need to put all resources towards containing the spread of the disease and once containment is taken care of, then we can worry about the families of the deceased. Also a bitcoin fund would not be any more effective then a fiat based fund
Spendulus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 08:59:46 PM

Comments?

Another scam?

LOL.  Nope, not if I was involved.  Total public postings of all transfers.  It's the easiest thing in the world to show in the blockchain the complete path of a charity oiperation.

One thing did occur to me as an interesting side effect of this type of thing, though.  It would be necessary to BAN people living in Bitcoin-unfriendly areas.  Thus the front page of a website such as this would say ...

"NO Distributions will be made to Bangladesh or New York....."

Let them see the consequences of their policy.

My Name Was Taken

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 09:21:39 PM

Comments?

Another scam?

LOL.  Nope, not if I was involved.  Total public postings of all transfers.  It's the easiest thing in the world to show in the blockchain the complete path of a charity oiperation.

One thing did occur to me as an interesting side effect of this type of thing, though.  It would be necessary to BAN people living in Bitcoin-unfriendly areas.  Thus the front page of a website such as this would say ...

The funds would be converted to fiat before distributing to the ultimate recipients anyway, so this wouldn't be an issue.
dadugan

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 10:04:27 AM

no thanks, there are more than enough africans on this earth as it is.

Gene which promote high growth rate for the population was desirable at one point in human evolution stage.

This is no longer the case. Hence natural selection will slowly remove the undesirable population into extinction.
Window2Wall

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 02:08:06 AM

Comments?

Addresses not yet set up.  But will figure that stuff out.

Another scam?

LOL.  Nope, not if I was involved.  Total public postings of all transfers.  It's the easiest thing in the world to show in the blockchain the complete path of a charity oiperation.

One thing did occur to me as an interesting side effect of this type of thing, though.  It would be necessary to BAN people living in Bitcoin-unfriendly areas.  Thus the front page of a website such as this would say ...

Although I have on specific reason to say that you are not trustworthy, to say that you will show where specifically the money is spent (after you receive it) is generally will not guarantee that money will actually be spent on the intended cause as you will need to trust the person disbursing the funds (you) to actually do so. The only thing the blockchain can do is prove (with a certain degree of certainty) that you did or did not spend the funds on the intended cause

EDIT: spelling
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: