Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:26:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2014-10-16] Brisbane Coffee Shop raided, Bitcoin ATM Seized  (Read 1336 times)
devthedev (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 04:21:04 PM

https://cryptodeck.com/bitcoin-atm-seized/

The co-owner of Brisbane's Roastery Cafe, Brent Carrall was charged Friday morning with trafficked drugs including ice and methylamphetamine oil.

[...]

The Roastery cafe was featured on local news media in May for launching the first Bitcoin ATM in Brisbane.

[...]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
notthematrix
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 04:47:06 PM

no bitcoin siezed.......  Smiley
I thinkthey try the machine because they dont have the key.....
looks like incompetent police and IT...

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.♦♦♦.XSL Labs.♦♦♦.
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|  WHITEPAPER 
  AUDIO WP
|Confidentiality
Authenticity
Integrity
bitbouillion

Activity: 868
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 07:02:45 PM

Australia not looking a good place for freedom anymore:
http://www.countercurrents.org/polya0810114.htm

bitcourse

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 03:45:09 PM

I know this was a long time ago you posted this and I don't usually look on here, but I wanted to inform you that the Police returned the ATM and apologised realising it had nothing to do with the alleged crimes of the coffee shop. The ATM is now at POSOZ 123 Melbourne Street South Brisbane.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/police-return-seized-bitcoin-atm-20150417-1mnnh2.html

The ATM had nothing to do with any of what was alleged like being part of Bikey crime or what have you. The guys that ran that cafe new nothing about Bitcoin.

They seemed like good guys and they thought it was the funkiest cafe around so we convinced them to house it. We all sure wish we didn't. It really hurt our friends company. Fortunately the Bitcoin community for the most part knows the guys at Bit2Bit and were all really supportive.

I just wanted to let you know that. Thank You.

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 03:57:54 PM

I know this was a long time ago you posted this and I don't usually look on here, but I wanted to inform you that the Police returned the ATM and apologised realising it had nothing to do with the alleged crimes of the coffee shop. The ATM is now at POSOZ 123 Melbourne Street South Brisbane.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/police-return-seized-bitcoin-atm-20150417-1mnnh2.html

The ATM had nothing to do with any of what was alleged like being part of Bikey crime or what have you. The guys that ran that cafe new nothing about Bitcoin.

They seemed like good guys and they thought it was the funkiest cafe around so we convinced them to house it. We all sure wish we didn't. It really hurt our friends company. Fortunately the Bitcoin community for the most part knows the guys at Bit2Bit and were all really supportive.

I just wanted to let you know that. Thank You.

Thanks for the update, and I hope BTC continues to grow in Australia.
Welcome to the forum.  Smiley

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 04:33:43 AM

hah... more bad publicity for bitcoin. I am sure that whenever a major media outlet publishes news articles such as this one, hundreds of potential Bitcoin users decide against using the crypto.

BTW... I don't understand the purpose of installing a Bitcoin ATM in the Roastery Cafe. The place has been regarded as a shady meeting place for various biker gangs.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: