Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:28:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: looking for project investors  (Read 1584 times)
drknow012 (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Fairy Tale + Fact = Unregulated Virtual Currency!

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2012, 07:53:26 PM

Hi, I recently published a site for putting down wagers on chess games using bitcoins. You can see the thread here --> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=80579.0

If anyone wants me to make them a similar site using a different "skill based" game(s), and would like to partner with me, I would be very excited to work with you. Your end of the partnership would be advertising the site on http://www.bitcoinadvertisers.com or http://www.coinad.com, etc...

Please contact me if anyone is interested in this idea, or post on this thread and we can work out the details.

BTCChess Affiliate Program: Earn 50% on all commissions from referrals at btcchess.tk

Just sign up, post your affiliate link in your sig, and take part in the community's discussions! It's that easy!

Donations and Investors: 1F6yYdQ7rWVaH9Nqv7gbBw5FbZUuhL9smh
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tosku

Activity: 367
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2012, 07:57:20 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2012, 08:15:04 PM by tosku

How much are you making on the chess site? What kind of investment do you think would be necessary to advertise your site? A couple of BTC? Can't you just pay for that yourself?

EDIT: I realize now what I wrote above might look a bit rude. It's not my intention to be a prick - I'm just a little puzzled.

Skude.se/BTC - an easier way to request your daily free coins!
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 20, 2012, 09:10:22 PM

Would you be able to do a canasta game?
drknow012 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2012, 10:44:20 PM

How much are you making on the chess site? What kind of investment do you think would be necessary to advertise your site? A couple of BTC? Can't you just pay for that yourself?

EDIT: I realize now what I wrote above might look a bit rude. It's not my intention to be a prick - I'm just a little puzzled.

No worries, I understand your concerns. The site is working fine, and from what I can tell, people are excited about the idea. I don't' have any money at all to invest in an ad campaign, which is why I am reaching out. The site has only hosted about 5 games, and they have been small wagers, so as for your question as to how much money the site generates, not much as of now. But it's potential is pretty substantial. If I could find an investor to help me launch an ad campaign, they could expect to receive atleast 50% of the commissions I would normally take. The site has a built in affiliate program, designed to give affiliates 50% commission from referrals, so if you are interested, you should look into it. To give you an idea on how large the ad campaign has to be for the return to be worth-while, here's the basic gist. Minimum wager is 0.25 btc, and bother players have to accept the wager, so an escrow carries at least 0.50 btc for each individual game. When the game is over, as long as it was not an agreed upon draw, the winning player receives 92% of the escrow, and 8% goes to me and the player's affiliate, if there was one. So that's at least 0.02 for the affiliate for each game a referral has played and won. I expect players who get a taste for the action to play more than one game, so there's room for repeat customers.

If you have any more questions, or want to request a partnership in exchange for an ad campaign, please feel free to ask.

BTCChess Affiliate Program: Earn 50% on all commissions from referrals at btcchess.tk

Just sign up, post your affiliate link in your sig, and take part in the community's discussions! It's that easy!

drknow012 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2012, 10:50:57 PM

I took a look at a wikipedia article on the game, and it seems like something I am capable of. I would need enough time to write the code, of course, and we would have to agree to some terms of partnership, but yes, I think it can be done. Smiley

chsados

Activity: 662
Merit: 545

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 09:18:43 PM

I took a look at a wikipedia article on the game, and it seems like something I am capable of. I would need enough time to write the code, of course, and we would have to agree to some terms of partnership, but yes, I think it can be done. Smiley

http://code.google.com/p/canasta/source/checkout
Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 09:46:15 PM

Based on email I received from this guy, he is not looking for investors, he is just promoting his affiliate program. Nice try. Goodbye.

-
drknow012 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2012, 10:41:14 PM

Based on email I received from this guy, he is not looking for investors, he is just promoting his affiliate program. Nice try. Goodbye.

wow, really? the affiliate program is designed for investors, that's why i mentioned it... you didn't specify any details on what you would be willing to offer me, so i presented an option. if you had anything else in mind, i was willing to hear you out. Undecided

TheBitMan

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2012, 06:35:20 PM

wow, really? the affiliate program is designed for investors, that's why i mentioned it... you didn't specify any details on what you would be willing to offer me, so i presented an option. if you had anything else in mind, i was willing to hear you out. Undecided
How can I become an investor..just wodnering
drknow012 (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2012, 08:54:16 PM

How can I become an investor..just wodnering

Well, there are a few ways. I made a chess website that is currently in beta. you can view the details here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=80579.0

You can promote an ad campaign to invest in the chess website just by advertising your affiliate link with bitcoinadvertisers.com. but that's only one option. i made this thread to see if any one wanted to invest in another site similar to this. example, one person is interested in having a backgammon site made for him. also, i always wanted to start project development on a site that uses server based games using the quake-3 engine. games like counter-strike or soldier of fortune.

also, i wanted to release an ipo for a company based entirely on these "skill based" games where you could win bitcoins from other players simply by playing a game. the ipo would be released with glbse.com, and if anyone wanted to help me with this release, they would be given an equal amount of shares into company's profit sharing program. i would release dividends on a weekly basis. although, i would need someone experienced to help me with this.

I am open to suggestions for any type of investment, whether it be in bitcoins, time, human resources... w/e. i am a talented programmer and web designer, and would love to start a bitcoin company for "skill based" games. that's the topic this thread is supposed to support. thank you, you can contact me in pm if you like Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: