Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 11:36:10 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Spark | X11 | BTer/Bittrex/C-CEX | PoW/PoS | Exchanges | Roadmap |  (Read 108569 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
VampiricElder

Activity: 495
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 10:04:24 PM

for 1 btc i can send 14000 spark to bittrex
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 10:38:57 PM

how about a windows wallet? I am just stupid at compiling.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
InfN8Void

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

Don't let your humanity get lost in the void.

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 11:37:33 PM

Wow, philanthropy must be like second nature for you!

"May you forge your coins from nothingness and may they never be worth nothing." - Anonymous Miner
Fatov

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 11:55:29 PM

What happen with bittrex??

I have a little problem with my wallet, when i open it my wallet freeze

The new wallet solved it?

well...
dear folks, hope you don't mind to as well post your architecture, if you've got a problem with your wallets performing as expectes
...it might have different reasons, thus different solutions.

just some linux or win would do Smiley

--

I encourage you as well - especially if not watching this thread over the last week or so - to take the time and get a few pages back.

a lot of the common quirks and most problems have already been recognized, discussed, given info about, and most probably even solved (if a solution exists to date).
you most probably will find something helpful plus you get a good picture on how things developed the last several days.

too much asking and answering the same questions over and over helps rendering the thread diffuse and incomprehensible...

thanx for consideration Smiley

--

hehe, at last I got the time to w/d the last SPARKS from suchpool and ipominer... so, I can confirm both, to have obviously updated to 1.2.0, thus working as expected.

Thanks!
Im going to test new wallet in other pc with other arquitecture

Fatov was here
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
For private, fast and secure transactions DASH is King | Dashtalk
VampiricElder

Activity: 495

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 12:24:03 AM

i lost a shitload of money investing in GHOST coin then it fell apart, the same week im losing more on Spark, this is my last chance to make up for my losses, sorry
InfN8Void

Activity: 101

Don't let your humanity get lost in the void.

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 02:18:27 AM

i lost a shitload of money investing in GHOST coin then it fell apart, the same week im losing more on Spark, this is my last chance to make up for my losses, sorry

Unfortunately many people are in the same boat you are. I offered to donate 10k to Bittrex so people could at least have the ability to sell their coin.  Asking for an inflated rate to do so is unlikely to happen because as of yet they havent even taken my coin for free.

"May you forge your coins from nothingness and may they never be worth nothing." - Anonymous Miner
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 02:19:32 AM

Is there a compiled windows wallet? Only seem to find a link to the source sadly.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
richiela

Activity: 937
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 02:22:09 AM

Unfortunately many people are in the same boat you are. I offered to donate 10k to Bittrex so people could at least have the ability to sell their coin.  Asking for an inflated rate to do so is unlikely to happen because as of yet they havent even taken my coin for free.

We are hoping the developers along with the community would consider creating a 50k block to cover the the losses for the fork.  That seems to be the easiest way to solve the problem without putting the burden on the community.  That said, since it looks like we are back on track... we will re-open the market for trading.  Unfortunately, we cannot open the wallet until we reconcile the missing coins.

Thanks,
Richie

Looking for the best exchange? -> https://bittrex.com
RentaMouse

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 02:48:32 AM

Glad to hear Bittrex are re-enabling trading, thanks for all the support @Richiela et al Smiley

If we can do a 50k "instamine" block to cover the exchange shortfalls etc, are any Spark holders going to complain? Best to say so now rather than moan about it later!

One thing it would be good to establish is whether any major pools were mining on the minority chain after the fork, iirc the nethash on that fork was pretty low about 12hrs after block 10040 so I suspect there weren't many miners - it will be impossible to calculate any compensation for them as they would have been earning a huge amount of SPARK/MHs on that chain due to the low net hashrate.

I'm back working on compiling the Windows GUI wallet, delays partly due to me messing up one Windows machine and partly because the source we inherited is something of a mish-mash - the dev has added stuff on to his original Shadow/Silkcoin clone but the documentation is far behind.

Pool admin @ http://cryptonotepool.org.uk/ - for miners who value reliability (and like orange)!
Currently donating all of our 1% pool fee to the dev fund - mine at CryptonotepoolUK and support XMR at no extra cost!
RentaMouse

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 03:55:54 AM

Don't all get too excited, as I still have to sort out some dll hell in order to provide a user friendly Windows exe, but I finally have a running copy of SparkQT ver1.2

Still throws the Visual C++ error unless I disable the network adaptor whilst its starting, if its an easy error to debug and fix I will, otherwise that can wait for another release.

Pool admin @ http://cryptonotepool.org.uk/ - for miners who value reliability (and like orange)!
Currently donating all of our 1% pool fee to the dev fund - mine at CryptonotepoolUK and support XMR at no extra cost!
Coinler

Activity: 658

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 05:13:36 AM

Glad to hear Bittrex are re-enabling trading, thanks for all the support @Richiela et al Smiley

If we can do a 50k "instamine" block to cover the exchange shortfalls etc, are any Spark holders going to complain? Best to say so now rather than moan about it later!

works for me. just make sure noone steals that block i guess.

Crypto_MERC

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 05:13:49 AM

What's the final tally of coin availability?
CryptoStoner

Activity: 80

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 11:10:05 AM

Whoever is going to be the new dev, you should fork the github to one is under your control, restart this thread with new plans etc , coin is working fine
TheProf

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 07:12:20 PM

Thanks niko666 on wallet
edschroedinger

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 12:30:51 AM
Last edit: November 03, 2014, 12:41:14 AM by edschroedinger

Don't all get too excited, as I still have to sort out some dll hell in order to provide a user friendly Windows exe, but I finally have a running copy of SparkQT ver1.2

Still throws the Visual C++ error unless I disable the network adaptor whilst its starting, if its an easy error to debug and fix I will, otherwise that can wait for another release.

ah cool man... I'm at it, too... yet, lot of time went by to just get those darn deps together... neither qt, nor vs are my domain in the first place... everything c/c++ under windows... yikes.
yet, out of bare nothing, I'm still confident to get it to a first clean run within the next 24h...

talked to a friend of mine today if I could get some space and cycles on his server to get an insight block explorer + wallet to run... and he was pretty curious and open after I mouthwatered him with what heck of a beast node would be (he's an oldschool perl/php guy... node was certain witchcraft to him til now Grin) ... think we should get that going somewhere next week... try to quench as much time out of my schedule as possible Smiley

Whoever is going to be the new dev, you should fork the github to one is under your control, restart this thread with new plans etc , coin is working fine

creating an 'official repo', making propper announcement, etc. marketing blurb., are indeed close to be necessary...
yet, first we need to get the infrastructure going SAVE... we're getting closer, yet I would consider current state more or less as hotfixed only.

At this time, I'd say that the SPARK that is distributed will be save, as long as the market refunding works as expected.
RentaMouse is at the windows wallet, I'm too... and getting the refunds via an instamine block would be the solution to implement if possible.
however, at the moment I myself do have no solution in mind, how I would actually implement that, as I'm just getting into the guts of the techniques underneath...
...haha, well... I should be wee bit more secretive about making too much assertions before getting the wallet to compile propperly in one go under windows Wink

however I guess we'll know within the next week if we can do reproduce the lost SPARK via superblock or the likes... or if we need to achieve it via donations.
within the next week I'll also try to get the block explorer going... a richlist will for sure help finding some folks to motivate for donations, I'd say Smiley

One thing it would be good to establish is whether any major pools were mining on the minority chain after the fork, iirc the nethash on that fork was pretty low about 12hrs after block 10040 so I suspect there weren't many miners - it will be impossible to calculate any compensation for them as they would have been earning a huge amount of SPARK/MHs on that chain due to the low net hashrate.

I'm back working on compiling the Windows GUI wallet, delays partly due to me messing up one Windows machine and partly because the source we inherited is something of a mish-mash - the dev has added stuff on to his original Shadow/Silkcoin clone but the documentation is far behind.

lol, not just that ... I looked at the silkcoin code and that doku seems to be as well behind... doku? DOKU?? we don't need no stinkin' DOKU!!! Cheesy ...

AreThereAnyFundamentalThingsThatWouldFit50chr?NOPE
Bobbs

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 12:52:49 AM

Is this a relaunched coin? A new dev team take over?
chocobo

Activity: 540

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 01:27:57 AM

any nodes I can add?
RentaMouse

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 01:51:12 AM

Sorry about the delay but here finally is the Windows GUI release:

https://github.com/RentaMouse/Spark/releases/tag/v1.2.0

In case you're wondering why its a bunch of files, I compiled it in QT5 with dynamically linked libraries so I could run the debugger and currently I can't get a static compile out of QT because I've made such a mess of dll's etc on my main system.

The core daemon code is the same as the Linux sparkd release, and the only changes I have made to QT/GUI interface is updating the supporting libraries to try and remove the annoying crash on start that happens sometimes. Tested it on a couple of my other WinXX systems and it seems pretty stable - if you encounter problems pls let us know tho.

One other thing, I dont believe the DNS seeds are working any more - if you upgrading an existing wallet then you should be ok as it can used the stored peers.dat list, but if its a new install I recommend using the Spark.conf file include in the zip to add a bunch of working nodes.

RentaMouse

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 02:24:19 AM

Btw, I have a suspicion that the occasional crash on load error is IPv6 related, if that helps anyone....

Also, if your wallet loads fine but sits on "0 network connections" then you need to make sure its loading peers from the conf file - have a look in your Spark data folder (default is %appdata%/roaming/Spark) and either create a "spark.conf" file or edit an existing one - add the nodes below to it. Restart the wallet and it should start connecting, once it finds a couple of working peers then it will learn other peers from them and you should end up with 8/9 connections.

One other thing, I have noticed that when syncing the blockchain from zero the wallet can get stuck at 14400 blocks (end of PoW) for a while - restarting it can get it going again after a few minutes.

List of working nodes below:

addnode=213.136.72.235
addnode=178.62.47.198
addnode=98.229.49.119
addnode=46.105.118.15
addnode=194.79.23.168
addnode=217.129.141.209
addnode=206.116.116.186
addnode=5.228.171.207
addnode=123.2.9.147
addnode=188.4.241.64
addnode=76.94.201.185

nigttran

Activity: 435

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 03:31:27 AM

No website, no explorer >>> no buy.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: