Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:13:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Spark | X11 | BTer/Bittrex/C-CEX | PoW/PoS | Exchanges | Roadmap |  (Read 108562 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
RentaMouse

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 03:50:53 AM

I have sent messages to BITTREX and BTER asking them to update their wallets - if you are waiting for a deposit or withdrawal to confirm with them then once they are updated things should get back to normal.

Currently I am taking the generous view that the slow network is the reason why the "donation wallet" is still empty, no doubt plenty of you SPARK owners have sent donations but the txes are still waiting to be confirmed ;0

I honestly have less than 2k SPARK, I do this mainly because I find it interesting but updating and compiling a new wallet release is a time consuming process so motivation is important! Moral support is most appreciated but financial rewards are also very encouraging so feel free to show your support by sending some SPARK to Sg2dujC3jMa9j1ff41sjAZRV4mZkjwgN6G

Thanks!

Pool admin @ http://cryptonotepool.org.uk/ - for miners who value reliability (and like orange)!
Currently donating all of our 1% pool fee to the dev fund - mine at CryptonotepoolUK and support XMR at no extra cost!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rtfronsky

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 04:50:09 AM

hi ive got 90sparks in suchpool .. anyone can dm me your address and i will send it to you..  Wink
here it is
SaCV6FVycAh9kwnJwLgumKrVUuPTTppBFZ

thx

just send coins, im sory it's 86sparks only.. my bad..
stacey2911

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 08:22:29 AM

Greetings SPARKers! I have just completed the upload of SPARK v1.3 - this is a MANDATORY upgrade!!

I have made several changes to address the slow block production problem that is delaying txes and making the coin nearly unusable:

• Reduced the minimum PoS difficulty level allowed
  • Reduced the number of blocks required before moved SPARK can start staking again
  • Changed the difficulty retargeting algorithm to respond more efficiently
  • Also replaced the DNS seed node so new users should find it easier to connect their wallet

The algo change is set to take effect at block 24630, if you have not updated by then your wallet will start rejecting new blocks.

The new source code and compiled Windows release are available at https://github.com/RentaMouse/Spark/releases/tag/v1.3.0

Rather than package the complete install again this is just the updated Spark-qt.exe - download it and replace the existing exe file in your Spark folder. To be on the safe side this is a good opportunity to make a backup of your SPARK wallet.dat file.d

I have also updated my Windows QT compiler so hopefully this release will be more stable than the original version. I'm afraid there are still a lot of (mainly cosmetic) features in the GUI wallet which do not function, Most of them, e.g. the market data, are coded to use the getspark.com web server which the original dev took offline when he quit and I dont see them as a priority to fix. Once we get the network stable I have some ideas for making SPARK useful, more on that to come.

Qt5Core.dll is missing from my computer. Do I need to actually have the QT code base installed?
theboccet
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 08:33:17 AM

hi ive got 90sparks in suchpool .. anyone can dm me your address and i will send it to you..  Wink
here it is

thx

it's ok man!!! thx

¦¦¦¦¦¦¦______
¦¦¦¦_¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦_
¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦_¦¦¦¦¦¦_¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¯¯¯¯¯
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦

¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦

¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯
¦¦¦¦¦¯
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦_¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦_¦_¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
MONETARYUNIT
.......for Me, U & Everyone.......
[/
RentaMouse

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 03:33:12 PM

Greetings SPARKers! I have just completed the upload of SPARK v1.3 - this is a MANDATORY upgrade!!

Qt5Core.dll is missing from my computer. Do I need to actually have the QT code base installed?

You need a bunch of QT dlls - download the spark-qt1.2 release first, that has the core QT files you need with it, then replace the spark-qt.exe with the v1.3 download.

Pool admin @ http://cryptonotepool.org.uk/ - for miners who value reliability (and like orange)!
Currently donating all of our 1% pool fee to the dev fund - mine at CryptonotepoolUK and support XMR at no extra cost!
richiela

Activity: 937

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 09:31:03 PM

REORGANIZE
REORGANIZE: Disconnect 55 blocks; ca9831be60879f195c8d..dc7255ae1891d7b1c091
REORGANIZE: Connect 24 blocks; ca9831be60879f195c8d..81fcea5d21119ab7cbe8
AddToWallet f83df85251  update
CTxMemPool::accept() : accepted 0aed5eb1ff (poolsz 37)

And another 55 block rollback ... we have disabled the wallet until further notice.

Thanks
Richie

Looking for the best exchange? -> https://bittrex.com
RentaMouse

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 02:02:10 AM

I've had a look through the daemon log on my node and I think I can see what has happened, but I cant offer much of a solution atm.

Problem starts with this node appearing on the network, at around 21:00GMT:

trying connection 46.105.118.15:16665 lastseen=365747.2hrs
connected 46.105.118.15:16665
send version message: version 70000, blocks=24624, us=81.107.175.74:16665, them=46.105.118.15:16665, peer=46.105.118.15:16665
Added time data, samples 15, offset +1 (+0 minutes)
nTimeOffset = -7  (+0 minutes)
Moving 46.105.118.15:16665 to tried
receive version message: version 70000, blocks=24568, us=81.107.175.74:63435, them=46.105.118.15:16665, peer=46.105.118.15:16665

At that point it is 56 blocks behind the rest of the network, but rather than get back in sync it starts broadcasting its own chain, which has a far higher trust than the existing one so it gets accepted as valid and replaces the existing chain.

For that to happen the node in question, or nodes connected to it and not the rest of the network, must be staking a much larger number of SPARK than the rest of the network put together. I've had a look through a few of the blocks produced and each appears to generate a stake interest of around 9SPARK, with an output of 1038SPARK to a wallet - I believe this is because a large wallet will split the coins into smaller chunks for staking. The outputs I checked all went to the same address:

SUpCAdvbrsmm99EPxr7ob8DWuLK2fT9Zpk

One other thing I can say is that the node in question hadnt updated to v1.3, as my node started rejecting its blocks after 24630 as they were using the new diff calculation. My node then started blocking it and other nodes pre1.3 as it assumed they were "misbehaving", so I cant tell whether the "problem node" is still on the network or not. Only other info is that the problem node IP address traces back to OVH server hosting in France, so its probably not a domestic holder, more likely a pool or exchange.

There weren't a huge number of txes in the 55 blocks lost, but that doesnt really matter, unless Bittrex have another way of seeing their withdrawals/deposits they cant be sure of making their books balance, which isnt a good thing for an exchange. I'm now looking to see if I have have a copy of the "old" blockchain backed up anywhere, if so it might be possible to do something with checkpoints and another wallet update....

edschroedinger

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 02:15:44 AM

...first off, hello folks Smiley

been off for some time as I went sick that friggin whole last weekend and the start of the week... montezuma hit me hard... must have been looking almost green in my face following the comments I've got from friends... however I weathered that and used some of the time when I actually was able to do something more comprehensive than hanging around like a heap of goo...

so, I actually
- got an insight-block explorer going (in my test environment but ready to be deployed)
- turnkey x-compile solution image for the wallet (yet, osx... well... soon Smiley)

and I'm going to walk through the last few pages now, but I already noticed that we have client 1.3 available now (which compiles fine under linux) and as well noticed the tuned staking params...
on the downside there's again the bittrex wallet suffering...
but waiting for all wallets beeing in version sync thus leaving a large amount of blocks to go until it happens wasn't an option I guess, as that loooow block yielding rate was the core problem to solve... just 100 blocks more could have meant  even weeks of additional delay...

so, next thing on my side is getting that block explorer finally online... talking to a friend of mine and it should be no deal to get that thing online as of tomorrow...

so, I didn't get lost after all... I'm updating me now and going on with the open todo's Smiley

Spark-HO!

AreThereAnyFundamentalThingsThatWouldFit50chr?NOPE
edschroedinger

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 02:31:03 AM

I've had a look through the daemon log on my node and I think I can see what has happened, but I cant offer much of a solution atm.

Problem starts with this node appearing on the network, at around 21:00GMT:

trying connection 46.105.118.15:16665 lastseen=365747.2hrs
connected 46.105.118.15:16665
send version message: version 70000, blocks=24624, us=81.107.175.74:16665, them=46.105.118.15:16665, peer=46.105.118.15:16665
Added time data, samples 15, offset +1 (+0 minutes)
nTimeOffset = -7  (+0 minutes)
Moving 46.105.118.15:16665 to tried
receive version message: version 70000, blocks=24568, us=81.107.175.74:63435, them=46.105.118.15:16665, peer=46.105.118.15:16665

At that point it is 56 blocks behind the rest of the network, but rather than get back in sync it starts broadcasting its own chain, which has a far higher trust than the existing one so it gets accepted as valid and replaces the existing chain.

For that to happen the node in question, or nodes connected to it and not the rest of the network, must be staking a much larger number of SPARK than the rest of the network put together. I've had a look through a few of the blocks produced and each appears to generate a stake interest of around 9SPARK, with an output of 1038SPARK to a wallet - I believe this is because a large wallet will split the coins into smaller chunks for staking. The outputs I checked all went to the same address:

SUpCAdvbrsmm99EPxr7ob8DWuLK2fT9Zpk

One other thing I can say is that the node in question hadnt updated to v1.3, as my node started rejecting its blocks after 24630 as they were using the new diff calculation. My node then started blocking it and other nodes pre1.3 as it assumed they were "misbehaving", so I cant tell whether the "problem node" is still on the network or not. Only other info is that the problem node IP address traces back to OVH server hosting in France, so its probably not a domestic holder, more likely a pool or exchange.

There weren't a huge number of txes in the 55 blocks lost, but that doesnt really matter, unless Bittrex have another way of seeing their withdrawals/deposits they cant be sure of making their books balance, which isnt a good thing for an exchange. I'm now looking to see if I have have a copy of the "old" blockchain backed up anywhere, if so it might be possible to do something with checkpoints and another wallet update....

...when I get peerlist from my 1.3 client (for the insight), it lists a lot 1.2 and 1.0 clients... and stops @ height  24630 ...for the moment.
my windows wallet (1.2 atm) actually went over 247nn somewhat and yielded a massive stake drop (and I just leaved 1/5th available for staking)...
I see if I get that 1.3 wallet to xcompile fine as one monolithic exe so we hopefully don't have trouble with missing deps anymore.

I'm taking the scenic road, thus also paying 'new ann thread with all the info plus further administrative stuff'-valley a visit while beating through coders gulch Wink

edschroedinger

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 02:43:24 AM

I honestly have less than 2k SPARK, I do this mainly because I find it interesting but updating and compiling a new wallet release is a time consuming process so motivation is important! Moral support is most appreciated but financial rewards are also very encouraging so feel free to show your support by sending some SPARK to Sg2dujC3jMa9j1ff41sjAZRV4mZkjwgN6G

yup, and so do I ... well, actually bought some extra spark when it was at the bottom but my wallet as well contains ~2.5k spark... but the experience gain on the other hand is priceless. so, If someone want's to seriously donate some spark (when transactions and block generation go without a hitch) I encourage you to go for that address atm.:

Sg2dujC3jMa9j1ff41sjAZRV4mZkjwgN6G

all this and more will be accumulated on the new announce thread comming soon (it's already around the corner ^^)

prepare for    *#~~~[ reIgnition ]  

...I'm afraid there are still a lot of (mainly cosmetic) features in the GUI wallet which do not function, Most of them, e.g. the market data, are coded to use the getspark.com web server which the original dev took offline when he quit and I dont see them as a priority to fix. Once we get the network stable I have some ideas for making SPARK useful, more on that to come.

yup, made some notes on what to fix and I guess we almost saw the same things... but I absolutely agreed to see that as low prio... when gone through compiling the windows wallet here, I refine that note and get it to you... time to get us sort of groupware Wink ...I'm getting back to u via mail later anyway Smiley

RentaMouse

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 02:50:56 AM

Little bit of good news, my main node has staked block 24631 on the ver1.3 wallet, so the new diff calc is working.

edschroedinger

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 03:05:35 AM

here it is

thx

it's ok man!!! thx

the new block explorer works fine... can see that tx went ok @ height 24616

edschroedinger

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 04:16:46 AM

Little bit of good news, my main node has staked block 24631 on the ver1.3 wallet, so the new diff calc is working.

u got pm Smiley

have a very recent just-before-24600 copy of the chain... dropped it on mega ^^

Run Away Train

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 04:49:19 AM

Just bought some on bittrex. Hopefully it is a good choice.  Cool
theboccet
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 09:46:04 PM

the blockchain is moving again!!!

¦¦¦¦¦¦¦______
¦¦¦¦_¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦_
¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦_¦¦¦¦¦¦_¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¯¯¯¯¯
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦

¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦

¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯
¦¦¦¦¦¯
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¯¦_¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦_¦_¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
MONETARYUNIT
.......for Me, U & Everyone.......
[/
suatdu

Activity: 83

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 12:58:45 AM

still disabled on bittrex  Sad how can i withdrawal my coins to my wallet ??
RentaMouse

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 02:51:53 AM

I'm afraid we have a fairly major problem with the blockchain atm, and in a way its a lovely example of the problem with PoS coins:

PoS staking was working fine until around the 9th Nov, with blocks being created around the target rate of 1 per minute, but then it got slower and slower until it was approaching 1 per day. This was caused by a combination of not enough SPARK actively staking on the network, and a relatively high minimum PoS difficulty. After waiting to see if the problem would sort itself out it appeared necessary to update the wallet code to address the problem - hence ver1.3 was released early on the 22nd.

Approx. 21:00 on the 22nd a large SPARK wallet (possibly as much as 300k) reconnected to the network - unfortunately before it resynced with the current blockchain it had already started generating its own PoS blocks and because its so much bigger than the rest of the wallets staking for the last two weeks that chain took precedence. Bittrex monitor things like this, I expect some alert went off and that's why we have the post from Richiela at 21:30 about the 55 block rollback.

Two problems now exist:

1) That big wallet wasnt updated to v1.3, so wallets which are updated to v1.3 are rejecting its blocks because they use the wrong difficulty calculation. Not really a major problem because the network weight (amount of staking SPARK) in 1.3 wallets is tiny compared to the 1.2 version, so we could downgrade again without much trouble.

2) The 55 block rollback means that transactions included in the lost blocks no longer exist, so exchange ledgers will no longer balance - deposits and withdrawals will have been cancelled. People have a habit of not resending coins to the exchange when that sort of thing happens, so they end up out of pocket.

The only solution I can think of currently is to enforce a rollback - if I can find a copy of the correct blockchain as close to block 24623 (where it was before that large wallet appeared) I can produce a v1.3.1 which includes checkpoints to enforce that blockchain as the correct one. Edschroedinger has sent me a copy which he thinks is pretty close to that, I havent had a chance to check it yet. Its definitely a hard fork update (again) though, so I can't guarantee that Bittrex or Bter will want to go through all the hassle of sorting it out.

suatdu

Activity: 83

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 03:04:59 AM

any update Huh
edschroedinger

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 05:36:48 PM

any update Huh
any time soon... sorry it's beeing quite but consider us working every spare minute... talking of spare minutes, our daytime jobs take their tribute too and just talking about me I had forced some time off recently and a lot stuff waited to be kept track with...

nevertheless, we're at it... and when we're at a stable state, all the infrastructural stuff will be launched... had recenent contact with some of the well known internet formats (names will follow Wink) and the rejuvenation of SPARK seemed to be a pretty interesting topic ...so when it's ready to be officially relaunched, there will be as well some news coverage Wink

this week was quite less time than I expected to make spare, yet the next days I think I can get a a lot deeper into it as possible over the last days...

so: YES, WE SPARK!!  ...uhm... SPARK, SPARK, HOORAY!... YAPPA DAPPA SPARK!!... well... ok, that slogan needs some work, too Cheesy

edschroedinger

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 10:05:24 AM
Last edit: December 01, 2014, 10:19:25 AM by edschroedinger

ok, I sorted some github things and think, we're one step further to going 'official'.
the code moved to the
NEW OFFICIAL SPARK REPOSITORY, DEVELOPEMENT ORGANIZATION, PROJECT PAGE

• at first, the new wallet repository that I just forked off the last release (1.3.0.0) from RentaMouse is now to
    be found right here: https://github.com/SparkCommunity/Spark. you know how to use that, IF you use that.
  • this repository is not coupled to a single user rather than held by an organization with current team members: EdSchroedinger, RentaMouse (this needs to be confirmed before visible to public).
    this step should make it a matter of minutes to coordinate code and patches with new or temporary coders (if however suddenly certain volunteers appear out of thin air Grin), plus it renders the developement history even more transparent, relatable and comprehensible when scrutinized.
    the organization page will also contain some info on the team and whatever needs to be covered there. yet, don't expect much right now, it's low prio so still the default yadda yadda. but this will change in the near future Smiley
    http://sparkcommunity.github.io
  • the Main Project Page is, where all the info, mostly related to the technical side, will run together from now on.
    we'll use this page to provide digested info, hopefully in a somewhat user friendlier way than the certainly more functional repository pages: http://sparkcommunity.github.io/Spark/
  • as well no content atm. but the Project WIKI will be used as a public knowledgebase. I've got a lot of notes that will be assembled to various tutorials and walkthroughs related to compiling the wallet for various target os. as said, empty still, yet for the journal: https://github.com/SparkCommunity/Spark/wiki

I will see if I can catch RentaMouse today to coordinate the next moves and how we get behind the latest client 1.3 vs < 1.3 problem.

however, you'll find the latest Spark-Qt.exe (1.3.0.0)still over here:
https://github.com/RentaMouse/Spark/releases (you might need to get the 'post fork' release as well, if dll's are missing. there's info on the page)
there will be as well precompiled windows binaries available under the new repository structure when the next release is ready.

HOWEVER, one thing will come as save as the bank of england (will be vanished from mother earths surface on day), and that is:

another MANDATORY WALLET UPDATE, as there's no other way getting that messy network on par with the latest client version without continuously hanging around in limbo between either
a) low staking rate thus endless tx and even longer confirm times... or
b) proper tuned stake properties but too much old clients in network and having rejected the last aprox. 1000+ blocks from the 1.2 clients...

so expect an UPDATE soon... after finding a way to avoid or at least minimize further deadlocks, there will be an announcement on all relevant channels with the details.

stay in touch, more info soon...

Cool

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: