Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:13:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Spark | X11 | BTer/Bittrex/C-CEX | PoW/PoS | Exchanges | Roadmap |  (Read 108562 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
unityrkjs

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 02:12:47 AM

I get "this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way" error when trying to run the wallet with the shortcut.

Running the qt.exe by itself works, but won't sync with the netword, and when I try to add the conf manually in debug console, it crashes again with the same error Sad

Can anyone solve this? Need to get my coins out of suchpool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RentaMouse

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 03:52:29 AM

I get "this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way" error when trying to run the wallet with the shortcut.

Running the qt.exe by itself works, but won't sync with the netword, and when I try to add the conf manually in debug console, it crashes again with the same error Sad

Sounds like its loading but not liking your config file - you may find that disabling your network connection (unplug the cable if you prefer) whilst the wallet starts, and then re-enabling the network afterwards will be enough.

From my testing it seems to be something with IPv6 it doesn't like, another thing to try is enabling/disabling IPv6 in your network settings.

Pool admin @ http://cryptonotepool.org.uk/ - for miners who value reliability (and like orange)!
Currently donating all of our 1% pool fee to the dev fund - mine at CryptonotepoolUK and support XMR at no extra cost!
edschroedinger

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 04:05:17 AM

strange thing... yet, this might be solved any time soon with release of the next update...
as RentaMouse stated, this might as well be a certain problem with IPV6... had that issue after blk 10000 but within PoW first with the original wallet... 

which leads me to the point... after changing the build environment, dropping gcc 4.9 I tried beforehand in favor of 4.8... well, and especially checking that there's only one toolset present Wink... it all compiles like a snap (little tweaking here and there... and that code seems to need miniupnpc1.6, so needed to downgrade that to make upnp support work at last)... and finaly links well to a windows binary that I'm going to test now.

next step, after I've got a working version and dev environment as well, would be:
- implementing a method to create a 'reboot-block' to cover the ~50k spark for the markets
- testing generation, confirmation, etc. in testnet to make sure it works as intended
this will hopefuly as well be achieved over the next few days...

and please keep in mind... atm. we're something like the volunteer firebrigade... first-aid action team dealing with a certain lack of time and experience... while the first runs away, at least the latter is growing... however, bare with us Wink

--

atm. I'm on gprs/hsdpa speed mobile internet... and this will be 'til ~ mo or. tue... sucks big time Cheesy ...keeps me somewhat quiet as everything takes aaages to load Roll Eyes

AreThereAnyFundamentalThingsThatWouldFit50chr?NOPE
edschroedinger

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 04:48:12 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2014, 05:04:07 AM by edschroedinger

not without a little pride in voice, I can report:

...and syncing. I had to feed it with some nodes first, but that might be due to my crappy network...

btw.: I disabled IPV6 with the last build and that at least made my wallet stay alive with active network ... yet  Wink

--

14 conn. / @ blk1545 and counting...

I'm off for some hours now... some 20+h without sleep to compensate

ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 03:26:12 PM

not without a little pride in voice, I can report:

...and syncing. I had to feed it with some nodes first, but that might be due to my crappy network...

btw.: I disabled IPV6 with the last build and that at least made my wallet stay alive with active network ... yet  Wink

--

14 conn. / @ blk1545 and counting...

I'm off for some hours now... some 20+h without sleep to compensate

**Initiates the Slow Clap**

Bravo!  Good work!  Get some sleep  Cool
ljm81new

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 02:50:59 PM

Do not give trex the coins back that they are missing, they show no responsibly for adding shit coins/scams and no liability for doing it just profit!!  They got caught out and got themselves in a hole not are problem!!!

And i hold spark on trex so this aint a one sided argument from some1 that anit gonna loss nothing from it.. you all know what im saying makes sense they sure aint gonna run to our aid if we end up buying the latest shit coin off um that they was pushing for a profit. TREX UR GREEDY CUNTS!!!!

louiseth1
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Bitfarms.io

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2014, 04:01:39 PM

After a few notices and a mass mailing to all our users, we just did shutdown the Sparkcoin pool.

Thanks to have been mining with us, sorry this coin failed, this was out of our control.

Bitfarms.io - Powering Blockchains with Sustainable Energy
richiela

Activity: 937
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 05:20:08 PM

We've gone ahead and re-enabled the wallet; please let us know when the new wallet is ready.

thanks,
richie

Looking for the best exchange? -> https://bittrex.com
dellyz

Activity: 90

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 07:44:33 PM

when will a new thread be created? rentamouse/edschroe if you guys need someone to handle that let me know
tubesteak

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 03:44:47 PM

my wallet will not sync. can someone please help?

SLG: SPWZuB9HsZVQNiHCbLQyw32EdRdVtt87We
RentaMouse

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 07:22:31 PM

Give us a clue - have you downloaded the v1.2 release from https://github.com/RentaMouse/Spark/releases ?

If you have that, did you follow the bit about using the Spark.conf file to make sure you have the new nodes added?

If your wallet gets to block 14,400 and then stops syncing, close it and reopen it a few minutes later, it should then sync the rest of the blocks.

Pool admin @ http://cryptonotepool.org.uk/ - for miners who value reliability (and like orange)!
Currently donating all of our 1% pool fee to the dev fund - mine at CryptonotepoolUK and support XMR at no extra cost!
RentaMouse

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 07:24:42 PM

I'm investigating why block production is slow currently, so far I'm not seeing any errors, just the network saying that there arent many coins staking.

Has anyone had trouble with their coins not staking (stake rewards not appearing, it will take a while for them to be fully confirmed at current block rate)?

dellyz

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 11:47:55 PM

all i know is i sent few thousand coins to BTER in early AM and it only showed up in "Pending" several hours later and its 7pm and still says pending
tubesteak

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 12:17:05 AM

Give us a clue - have you downloaded the v1.2 release from https://github.com/RentaMouse/Spark/releases ?

If you have that, did you follow the bit about using the Spark.conf file to make sure you have the new nodes added?

If your wallet gets to block 14,400 and then stops syncing, close it and reopen it a few minutes later, it should then sync the rest of the blocks.

Yes I have the new wallet and used the conf nodes. but still no connections to spark network.

SLG: SPWZuB9HsZVQNiHCbLQyw32EdRdVtt87We
kelvng105

Activity: 267

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 12:43:06 AM

all i know is i sent few thousand coins to BTER in early AM and it only showed up in "Pending" several hours later and its 7pm and still says pending

pending for 8 hours now Sad

Bag Holding: BTC, VIA, XCH, SLG, VDO, SYS
BTC: 1MJSbm9r6tKUx3XGNeWyjue8AgCoYFhf6Z 
VIA: VrYnZm1Fk2dk3aSwByoro4kaV5gCcmPwva
VDO: VJzPMoyQ4NEXebn73t1ZGVPCCEtUGJjS8r
RentaMouse

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 02:56:36 AM

Ok, instead of doing the stuff I'd planned to do for the last 2-3 hours I've ended up investigating this slow blocks issue and have come to some conclusions:

First of all the problem is that there aren't enough coins staking over the last 24hrs - prior to that it was ok so I assume there are sufficient coins in circulation, its just a lot of them have either staked or been moved, so they are stuck in "limbo" currently. Until a few more blocks are confirmed (txes need 10 blocks to confirm) they will remain in limbo.

The problem is made worse because SPARK has a hard coded minimum PoS difficulty that is relatively high, making it harder for stakes with a low coin age (number of coins * their age) to hit an acceptable block. This can be adjusted but it will require a hard fork.

I suspect this problem is linked to Bittrex re-enabling their wallet so a lot of coins which were staking are now being moved around, if that is the case the problem should fix itself as blocks are slowly found and more txes confirm so the coins start staking again.

Unfortunately neither Ed or I have many SPARK which doesnt help, of course donations are most helpful at motivating us to do more work - even if they will take a while to arrive currently feel free to send to Sg2dujC3jMa9j1ff41sjAZRV4mZkjwgN6G - thanks!

edschroedinger

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 10:36:55 PM
Last edit: November 11, 2014, 11:52:58 PM by edschroedinger

Ok, instead of doing the stuff I'd planned to do for the last 2-3 hours I've ended up investigating this slow blocks issue and have come to some conclusions:

First of all the problem is that there aren't enough coins staking over the last 24hrs - prior to that it was ok so I assume there are sufficient coins in circulation, its just a lot of them have either staked or been moved, so they are stuck in "limbo" currently. Until a few more blocks are confirmed (txes need 10 blocks to confirm) they will remain in limbo.

The problem is made worse because SPARK has a hard coded minimum PoS difficulty that is relatively high, making it harder for stakes with a low coin age (number of coins * their age) to hit an acceptable block. This can be adjusted but it will require a hard fork.

I suspect this problem is linked to Bittrex re-enabling their wallet so a lot of coins which were staking are now being moved around, if that is the case the problem should fix itself as blocks are slowly found and more txes confirm so the coins start staking again.

Unfortunately neither Ed or I have many SPARK which doesnt help, of course donations are most helpful at motivating us to do more work - even if they will take a while to arrive currently feel free to send to Sg2dujC3jMa9j1ff41sjAZRV4mZkjwgN6G - thanks!

first off, I'm back from the dark ages... new fibrewire works well... that resources I'm trying to get over the past 2 days (69% done) finished no 3 minutes after the line went on Cheesy
It wansn't really possible to keep track what's going on in the mean time... even mail took ages (ok, hours) to load, so I quit trying after some time.

pending for 8 hours now Sad
just be patient... there's no way around that atm.

this staking deadlock we're currently in, seems to be a common problem if staking-only block generation teams up with a weak network and odd weighted staking properties.
my coins became all locked in my wallet, when staking hit those (aged well) coins all within seconds... yup, my fault... could have forseen that, yet simply forgot to reserve a minimum amount to not beeing available for staking.
so, presumably the situation might look similar elsewhere, as only a very small amount of new blocks becomes generated each day... my last generated block only got 70 confirms so far after ~4days.

that's of course the downside... on the other hand - I might be wrong - i've got the impression, that all markets opened up their wallets again... so tx w/d should be possible as well again (apart from tx'es obviously still being stuck due to slooowblocksnailchain)...
b'ter simply lifted their tx fee to 5% which seems to be the best way to cover the loss over time by simply trading itself. seems to be the fairest solution as well, apart from generating the coins with some hypothetical solution that might consume too much time to be eventually implemented and distributed to all users (mandatory wallet update would be necessary)... as the development stage in this case only could be described as: discussing solutions.

however, as beeing a wee bit more flexible now as my connection speed is back on normal, I'm trying to catch up with things today... and hopefuly I get as well one step further with making that nasty block explorer thing running as expected Wink

so...

when will a new thread be created? rentamouse/edschroe if you guys need someone to handle that let me know

yup, there will be a new thread within the next few days... sprucing up some gfx and putting some useful info together atm., still a little bit of work but almost there... will be up before the weekend (acts of nature, isp, god, whosoever forceful enough to intervene - reserved)

minerpools

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2014, 11:38:20 PM

Hi everyone,

Please remember to withdraw your coins for those who still haven't done so.
Pool will be removed Tomorrow Wednesday Nov 12th at 12:00pm EST

Thank you!

dellyz

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 12:51:50 AM

my coins arrived so at least we know its not a major issue.  sent more today and when i checked tonight  they arrived. not sure how long it took but it is definately better than yesterday
Framauro

Activity: 431

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 02:29:26 AM

First of all, great job from rentamouse and edschroedinger Wink

Only my sparks are staking for several days now and won't come out of staking. I already deleted the wallet twice and synced but its stays on stake. (and of course updated the wallet)
Did i miss something or did something wrong, i don't no. maybe someone can help?

"blocks" : 24564,
"currentblocksize" : 1000,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : {
"proof-of-work" : 10.40411626,
"proof-of-stake" : 0.00024414,
"search-interval" : 1
},
"blockvalue" : 10000000000,
"netmhashps" : 0.00000000,
"netstakeweight" : 244.02908274,
"errors" : "",
"pooledtx" : 0,
"stakeweight" : {
"minimum" : 0,
"maximum" : 0,
"combined" : 0
},
"stakeinterest" : 17500000,
"testnet" : false
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: