Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:19:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: shits about to get real ladies and gentlemen. the new economy starts now.  (Read 3362 times)
kodtycoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 08:20:00 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2014, 08:34:34 PM by kodtycoon

Some people have been asking about the NEM roadmap. In the spirit of transparency, I'd like to share a tentative feature roadmap (dates are purposely left out).

Required Launch Features
  • Time Synchronization (SHIPPED) - All NEM nodes will synchronize their clocks. This provides two benefits: (1) an attack defense because we will be able to shrink the range of allowable timestamps, (2) allows NEM to work on computers with non-synchronized clocks.
  • Evaluation of Secret Performance Enhancements (ETA 10/12) - We have an idea that could significantly increase NEM performance. We want to test out this change before launch.
  • Complete POI Enhancements (ETA 10/05 TESTING) - We are busy working on some improvements to the POI algorithm that should make it better.
  • Remote NIS Support (SHIPPED) - Allow a local NCC instance to connect to a remote NIS server.
  • Remote Harvesting (ETA 10/05 TESTING) - Allow an account to harvest on behalf of another account. This would allow accounts in cold wallets to harvest securely.

Stretch Launch Features
  • Lottery payout to reward running / highly trusted nodes
  • Multisig support (TESTING)

Post-Launch Features
  • AE
  • Business Rules
  • Blockchain compression (i.e. faster downloads)

(Hopefully, that's enough announcements for one day! Wink)

All beta features are implemented.
We are currently testing every new feature and are optimizing parameters for the improved poi algorithm.
My personal guesstimate for beta start is the coming weekend.

source - https://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2372.0

PoW -> PoS -> PoI..

nuff said.

Cool Cool Cool Cool[/list][/list]

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
Momimaus

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

Never back down !!!

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 08:53:46 PM

I like it. Thumps up.

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
mark coins

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 05:24:39 AM

Great project ,too many people here are interested in this coin
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 10:04:58 AM

Interesting, can't wait to try it.
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 11:12:04 AM

Is it written from scratch entirely now? I thought it was a fork of NXT with significant changes/additions.

Why start from scratch? NXT has been around almost  a year now and seems pretty solid.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 11:32:46 AM

Is it written from scratch entirely now? I thought it was a fork of NXT with significant changes/additions.

Why start from scratch? NXT has been around almost  a year now and seems pretty solid.

I am pretty sure it is Nxt with some different features and a new consensus algorithm.
muddafudda
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 11:46:39 AM

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little
3x2
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 11:54:09 AM

There are too many snr and hero members who talk like trolls here, if you don't know sh** than better don't talk and make fun of yourself. NEM clone of NXT lol Troll Harder...
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 12:04:24 PM
Last edit: October 18, 2014, 12:16:59 PM by CoinHoarder

There are too many snr and hero members who talk like trolls here, if you don't know sh** than better don't talk and make fun of yourself. NEM clone of NXT lol Troll Harder...

It is not our fault NEM was originally advertised as a fork of Nxt and then seemingly changed their minds about it. I suppose I was wrong, carry on..

I don't think it's a bad thing to be a fork of Nxt though, as Este said their code is more proven than newer code bases, and they are developing a lot of features and improvements.. forks can easily copy these on their own chains for little or no cost and time spent.
3x2
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 12:29:24 PM

I don't think that was fud.. Just missinformation that stems from nems earliest days.. You will probably find many people think the same but not know that things have changed.

Sorry but the opinion of these Senior and Hero Members matter a lot and if they start talking without any research than we cant blame the newbie trolls. FUD is a FUD and one should always talk with full responsibility but the problem is here no one cares about that.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 12:32:38 PM

Shitcoin are going to shitcoin. NEM really ? A clonecoins tells people to invest into it again without any changes ?
I don't follow? Are you saying men is a clone? You are mistaken and I think you know that! No changes? If you read the quotes in the OP you would know many New things have been integrated

Sorry... Troll harder nxt time. Smiley

NeM is a clone from Nxt... but it seems you know more then i do...
it was supposed to be in the early days.. But that changed very early on.. It's written entirely from scratch.

suuuuuuure LOL
so if i go look i won't find massive amounts of reused code ?

and i guess a NEM lottery is coming one day.. i better dump my JackpotCoin then eh ?

fuck NEM and NXT Wink

edit:
and we started crying FUD pretty early on this time huh ?

FUD first & ask questions later™
CoinHoarder
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 12:38:50 PM

I don't think that was fud.. Just missinformation that stems from nems earliest days.. You will probably find many people think the same but not know that things have changed.

Sorry but the opinion of these Senior and Hero Members matter a lot and if they start talking without any research than we cant blame the newbie trolls. FUD is a FUD and one should always talk with full responsibility but the problem is here no one cares about that.

You've never been wrong about something in your life?

Please teach us to be as perfect as you are.
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 12:43:53 PM

How could you possibly interpret that statement as "FUD"?

He gave his opinion based on outdated information. It was originally correct, but now it's apparently not.

That's quite the over reaction if I've ever seen one.

As if being a fork of NXT is inherently a bad thing. Roll Eyes
3x2
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 12:44:17 PM

You've never been wrong about something in your life?

Please teach us to be as perfect as you are.

No i am not perfect at all and also i cant be always right but i dont say i am pretty sure when i dont know nothing about something  Tongue , you are a good person and i am sure it was just misunderstanding  Tongue
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 12:48:32 PM

Pretty funny to see people calling NEM a clone.

Beta starts soon (don't want to leak the announcement here), so you still have a chance to get some cheap NEMstake for at least the next few hours: https://nxtblocks.info/#section/assets_exchange/market/12465186738101000735

Feel free to help out with beta testing, too: https://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2526.0

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
3x2
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 12:49:56 PM

He gave his opinion based on outdated information. It was originally correct, but now it's apparently not.

Because being clone of NXT put fear and uncertainty in the minds of investors.

You cant give opinion on the information of 6 month old news in cryptoworld and you know that.

Yes Clones suppose to die after some months so its a bad thing for NEM.

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 01:04:13 PM

being the 1,000th fork might be Wink

context........

you

all

forget

how many coins came out BEFORE glorious NEM ? hmmm ?
we REALLY needed one more ?

FUD first & ask questions later™
amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 01:13:13 PM

Let's try and keep the discussion civil here everyone. I mean, I know this is an Internet forum and that's probably asking way too much, but some effort would be nice.

NEM is a lot more than just a coin, it's an entire movement and a complete blockchain-based ecosystem. At beta launch, many of these features will not be there yet (although many will be), but if you look at our roadmap you will see that once beta is rolling along and we enter 2015, NEM is going to be a robust ecosystem that blows pretty much every other cryptocurrency out of the water.

A big part of NEM is also the community. As a moderator on the NEM forums and an active contributor to our threads here on BTT, I try to make sure that a friendly and helpful environment is always maintained. One of my own personal goals for NEM is to make it one of the friendliest communities on the Internet, even outside the realm of cryptocurrencies. For me, a big part of this movement is moving away from the way financial systems work today. With that, comes a removal of a lot of the greed and conflict that is born of a purely capitalist society. I'm here to promote fairness, friendship, and cooperation and I hope anyone who has an interest in NEM will join me in that endeavor.

But anyway, there is a lot more to NEM than meets the eye, and there are plenty of threads here that discuss all of that already so I won't clutter up this one with boring specs and roadmaps when all that information is available elsewhere already. I just wanted to let myself be known and let everyone know that if you want to join the NEM community you will have at least one friend in me there by default, amongst many other extremely helpful and friendly members that would love for you to be a part of our movement.

I know most people here are not noobs to crypto, but if you are, NEM is really the place to be right now. And anyway, even if you have your stance against NEM that's completely fine. I personally just hope you will at least check us out and see what we have to offer yourself before you spread FUD. Everyone is well within their rights to have their opinion on the matter, but at least understand what NEM is about before you bash it. Oh, and instead of just bashing it to the masses, if you care that much to write negative things, why not let me or other members in the community know so that we can pass your concerns on to the dev team so that we can actually use your feedback. At beta, and even after version 1 launch, NEM is not going to be perfect. To claim otherwise would be misleading! But, we have a dedicated team of ridiculously intelligent developers working hard every single day to make NEM something wonderful. I really don't think you will be disappointed in NEM if you stick with us. Smiley

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 01:16:39 PM

Also, clones don't normally sell 9999 pure gold and 999 silver bullion coins: http://altnemo.com/ and https://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2368.0

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2014, 01:30:18 PM

So I guess it is not bad to say that the 7 billion people think Crypto is a scam, used for financing terrorism, money laundering, ponzi and drug pandering. And Bitcoin is dead because Mt. Gox was involved in a huge scam causing the entire crypto industry to collapse.

Common guys let's not kid each other. Crypto is dead!! Why are you all talking over something that is dead? Nothing better to do?

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: