Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:11:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase hacked!!  (Read 1755 times)
Bitcoinbikers (OP)

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

Now that's a can do attitude!

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2014, 10:51:35 PM

I think coinbase user database has been hacked, I lost access to my account and a quick google search came up this: http://pastebin.com/u584bT1X

Anyone else having trouble accessing coinbase account?  Sad

1D6p2j56E4sTsjC7raahVm8HVEmWHMFFma
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4414

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 11:01:09 PM

if someone could hack coinbase and had peoples login details.. they would not need to ask for bounties

also its usually the OP posting a link to a scam that is usually the culprit that will financially gain from it

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Bitcoinbikers (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2014, 11:04:07 PM

if someone could hack coinbase and had peoples login details.. they would not need to ask for bounties

also its usually the OP posting a link to a scam that is usually the culprit that will financially gain from it

I'm not a scammer? I lost access to my coinbase account and this is what I found, is anyone else locked out of coinbase? I'd say the guy cleaned out all those coinbase accounts and is trying to sell the database as "fresh"  Angry

BCwinning

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 11:08:35 PM

we shall see

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
scarsbergholden

Activity: 686

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 11:09:42 PM

I'm not a scammer? I lost access to my coinbase account and this is what I found, is anyone else locked out of coinbase? I'd say the guy cleaned out all those coinbase accounts and is trying to sell the database as "fresh"  Angry
IIRC you had posted a past bin about Satashi posting a PGP signed message to have people send him 100 BTC for some reason. The PGP "message" was not even signed, but was rather encrypted to someone's PGP key.

Clearly another scam.

EDIT: here it is https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=822628.msg9192431#msg9192431

Bitcoinbikers (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2014, 11:12:16 PM

I don't know why anyone trusts any of these bitcoin sites to hold their coins.
If JP Morgan can't secure their networks how is some hack with a small team going to?

At least I didn't lose a large amount, only £20 worth, isn't coinbase insured??

I'm not a scammer? I lost access to my coinbase account and this is what I found, is anyone else locked out of coinbase? I'd say the guy cleaned out all those coinbase accounts and is trying to sell the database as "fresh"  Angry
IIRC you had posted a past bin about Satashi posting a PGP signed message to have people send him 100 BTC for some reason. The PGP "message" was not even signed, but was rather encrypted to someone's PGP key.

Clearly another scam.

I'm always watching out on pastebin for news of hacks, this is usually where leaks first appear, not only an hour ago a tonne of instagram account details where leaked on the site.

scarsbergholden

View Profile
October 17, 2014, 11:24:31 PM

I don't know why anyone trusts any of these bitcoin sites to hold their coins.
If JP Morgan can't secure their networks how is some hack with a small team going to?

At least I didn't lose a large amount, only £20 worth, isn't coinbase insured??

Clearly another scam.

I'm always watching out on pastebin for news of hacks, this is usually where leaks first appear, not only an hour ago a tonne of instagram account details where leaked on the site.
Well the first "hack" that you posted about was beyond a reasonable doubt a scam, there is no question about it. You would need to be lacking any reasonable knowledge about how GPG works in order to believe the first "hack"

This one is not 100% sure to be a scam however it certainly looks, feels and smells like a scam. I would also think that if coinbase was in fact hacked then you would not lose access to your account unless they turn off the site completely so they can try to recover from the hack which they have not

rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 10:37:33 AM

this is what we get because selling accounts is allowed
scarsbergholden

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 12:13:52 PM

this is what we get because selling accounts is allowed
If you look at the OP's trust you will see that he previously defaulted on a loan from BTCjam. I think that the OP is generally not trustworthy and has no issues with scamming.

I wouldn't say that we see this because of sold accounts as if someone buys as account they will not want to risk the money they used to buy the account on a scam like this

bitcoinaarush

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 01:16:12 PM

So a forum member with a history of FUD and scams posts something like this and we should all dance to the music, right?

Yeah you are right.. But is there a clear update about this? I am bit hesitant to transact in coinbase right now.
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 11:52:52 AM

Coinbase can be hacked for sure. The question is why would someone sell the database instead of taking all the Bitcoin? I am sure it's more than 10 BTC there Smiley ; Only if the passwords are encrypted...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: