Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:52:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: More Solidcoin Bashing/Defense (split from Be Safe thread)  (Read 2029 times)
aq (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 02:07:27 PM

LOL it's an open source project - there are no 'leaders' as you describe them.
No one can force anyone to do anything.
You must be new here. Never heard of the cult-of-solidcoin?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lolcust

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 02:59:54 PM

LOL it's an open source project - there are no 'leaders' as you describe them.
No one can force anyone to do anything.
You must be new here. Never heard of the cult-of-solidcoin?

Judging from the fact that at least one pool and who knows how many soloers have disagreed with Queen Bit of Solidcoin and refused to shut down, it's neither really a cult nor particularly solid.

Geist Geld, the experimental cryptocurrency, is ready for yet another SolidCoin collapse Wink

Feed the Lolcust!
NMC: N6YQFkH9Gn9CTm4mpGwuLB5zLzqWTWFw67
BTC: 15F8xbgRBA1XZ4hmtdFDUasroa2A5rYg8M
GEG: gK5Lx6ypWgr69Gw9yGzE6dsA7kcuCRZRK
Lolcust

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
October 07, 2011, 05:19:13 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Solidcoin 2.0 will be only minable by built-in miner (not a biggie since it is a CPU-chain, but still kinda sorta interesting property in terms of isolating it)

Geist Geld, the experimental cryptocurrency, is ready for yet another SolidCoin collapse Wink

Feed the Lolcust!
Lolcust

Hillariously voracious

View Profile
October 07, 2011, 05:45:54 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Solidcoin 2.0 will be only minable by built-in miner (not a biggie since it is a CPU-chain, but still kinda sorta interesting property in terms of isolating it)

Initially that would be true, but I don't see how other miners can't be built that can successfully mine it separate from the client using similar algorithms and the common api's

Well, that's too early to tell, since all details are being shrouded in (IMHO pointless) mystery, but I know of no less than one way that makes "third party mining software" very very toilsome to implement

Feed the Lolcust!
grod

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 09, 2011, 05:30:38 PM

Initially that would be true, but I don't see how other miners can't be built that can successfully mine it separate from the client using similar algorithms and the common api's

Well, that's too early to tell, since all details are being shrouded in (IMHO pointless) mystery, but I know of no less than one way that makes "third party mining software" very very toilsome to implement

If only there were such things as decompilers that could take a bunch of assembly and emit something which could be computer translated to a different language.

Even if it's a sub-optimal translation any algorithm suitable for GPU would still be a massive win over running on a CPU.  If it's scrypt or scrypt-like, yeah, he's probably good.

Still, it's a bunch of work and not worth doing unless SC2.0 adoption is widespread with a large amount of money on the line.   Even now, tenebrix, the most widely adopted CPU currency only has $10,000 worth of BTC available for the taking.  We'll see what happens when there are 4 CPU-friendly currencies vying for that niche.
DavinciJ15

Activity: 780
Merit: 510

Bitcoin - helping to end bankster enslavement.

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2011, 11:11:32 AM

BitcoinEXpress has 100.000+ of BTC. Everybody should consider this when reading BCX's comments about alt-chains  Grin

The amount of any form of currency I hold doesn't alter the facts that Solidcoin has central control, a 10% tax, closed source and controlled by one person. A prime example is the block reward from 32 coins to 5 coins on a whim by the developer. The purpose of this was to artificially  inflate the value of his pre-mined 12 million coins and the 10% of all coins which goes to his personal wallet called a CPF.

I am simply putting the information out for new people to see, in keeping with topic of the original post by Lead Bitcoin Developer Gavin Andresen I also agree RESEARCH and be especially careful with ANY Alt Chain.

Anyone trying to sell you on any chain should be a huge red flag.

You did not need to answer his post anyone with intelligence would understand that your holdings in Bitcoin is irrelevant to the facts regarding SolidCoin 2.0.
NASDAQEnema

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 09, 2012, 05:47:35 PM

Solidcoin 2.0 is a Scam and Here is Why
Soildcoin 2.0
I am writing this for the crypto-currency newbie who may be looking for information on Solidcoin 2.0. If you are searching Google and researching information on Solidcoin 2.0 and found this I commend you on taking that all important first move.

I also urge you to research this forum for Solidcoin 2.0 and decide if this is something any sane person would delve into once they know the facts.

Issues to research

13,000,000 Solidcoins Pre-Mined

Solidcoin 2.0 has over 13,000,000 pre-mined coins controlled by the lead Solidcoin 2.0 developer Coinhunter. Those pre-mined coins are distributed to 12 "Trusted Nodes" and according to Coinhunter cannot be spent on the open market. Yes Coinhunter's word is all we have. In reality at anytime of his choosing he could simply transfer a bulk of coins to his wallet and trade. Here is a scenario that will scare any exchange of any real volume away. Let's say Solidcoin 2.0 gains parity with the USD or about 0.2 BTC at this posting combined with an exchange that cultivated a market depth of $500,000 to $1 Million USD. This is actually not a very far stretch of possibilities if SC 2.0 would take off.

In this scenario Coinhunter could simply deposit any number of coins and make millions for himself very rapidly. It would cause a huge financial loss for the exchange, as well as crash the market and de-value every Solidcoin (yours) left in existence. But why would he care, he just banked several million USD. Coinhunter has gone to extreme measures to cover his real identity, no one knows who he is or where he really resides. A ruined reputation is meaningless in this situation.

It has puzzled quite a few people as to why Coinhunter would design this built in handicap to adoption, GREED is the only apparent answer. It truly serves no other purpose than for personal enrichment. Solidcoin 2.0 has been rejected by all the credible exchanges including this one for that very reason. 13 million pre-mine is a huge risk and a bogus payout liability that is unacceptable.

Bait & Switch Maneuver
In the days and weeks prior to the Solidcoin launch Coinhunter had disclosed there were 1 Million Pre-Mined coins for something he called a "Coin Protection Fee" earmarked for Solidcoin marketing, support and maintenance. This caused a lot of grumbling in the Solidcoin community when it was learned that Coinhunter would be the fund manager and only after much debate he decided he would after launch remit control to a committee of some sort. It was also learned that 10% of all blocks mined by anyone would in fact be taxed and transferred to the CPF.

The Bait and Switch occurred when several hours after launch Coinhunter revealed it was 12 Million premined in addition to nearly 1.128 Million SC1 coins being incorporated into the block chain. This was not something done on the fly post launch and had to be designed into the system days and/or weeks before launch. It was never mentioned pre-release or during the beta test phase just prior to launch. This is a classic Bait and switch. It doesn't bode well for a guy insisting people simply need to trust him.

Closed Source
All crypto-currencies except for Solidcoin 2.0 are Open Source. Solidcoin 2.0 is a closed source product and Coinhunter refuses to release the code for independent audit by neutral third parties. An audit by an independent third party could easily certifiy Solidcoin as being Malware free, Virus free, Backdoor free and whole host of other "nasty trcks" free.

Coinhunter has a demonstrated interest in Botnets and Central Control. Instead of releasing his code he says people need to simply trust him. Without the source code being released, any code certification and validation of Solidcoin 2.0 is impossible. Solidcoin 2.0 could have anything hidden in the program.

Central Control
All crypto-currencies except for Solidcoin use Peer <--> Peer architecture or P2P. This type of operation is very decentralized and is very hard to nearly impossible to control. Think Bit-torrent, Piratebay,.... unstoppable, irreversible, anonymous.

Solidcoin uses Peer <--> Trusted Node <--> Peer architecture. This type of architecture lends itself to a high degree of control. Think Paypal, Dwolla and those types. Payments can be easily intercepted, tracked and reversed as well as stolen. This is Paypal on steroids without all the good.

It should be noted that the Solidcoin Dev have denied this but refuse to release the code. There have been reported instances where this interception of transactions have occurred. Releasing the code would 100% either prove this false or prove it true. There is no legitimate reason to withhold the source.

Conclusion

I'm glad you are looking into Crypto-Currencies. You are taking part in the bleeding edge development of the digital payment future. As always before you invest any amount of time or money in anything worthwhile, do some thorough research. This forum BitcoinTalk.org is an excellent repository for all things Crypto-Currency.

SOLIDCOIN IS THE FEDERAL RESERVE IN CRYPTO-CURRENCY!

Bai bai CoinHunter. Name is fitting.

If you feel Universe has trolled you exclusively, please donate to Emergency Butthurt Support Fund:
1Jv4wa1w4Le4Ku9MZRxcobnDFzAUF9aotH
Proceeds go to Emergency Butthurt Escape Pod none of you will be allowed to use. If you have read this far, you must pay Emergency Butthurt Internet Tax.
DavinciJ15

Activity: 780
Merit: 510

Bitcoin - helping to end bankster enslavement.

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2012, 12:12:19 AM

Bai bai CoinHunter. Name is fitting.

I like your handle.
NasCrackEnema.
film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2012, 01:00:34 AM

Solidcoin 2.0 is a Scam and Here is Why
Soildcoin 2.0
I am writing this for the crypto-currency newbie who may be looking for information on Solidcoin 2.0. If you are searching Google and researching information on Solidcoin 2.0 and found this I commend you on taking that all important first move.

I also urge you to research this forum for Solidcoin 2.0 and decide if this is something any sane person would delve into once they know the facts.

Issues to research

13,000,000 Solidcoins Pre-Mined

Solidcoin 2.0 has over 13,000,000 pre-mined coins controlled by the lead Solidcoin 2.0 developer Coinhunter. Those pre-mined coins are distributed to 12 "Trusted Nodes" and according to Coinhunter cannot be spent on the open market. Yes Coinhunter's word is all we have. In reality at anytime of his choosing he could simply transfer a bulk of coins to his wallet and trade. Here is a scenario that will scare any exchange of any real volume away. Let's say Solidcoin 2.0 gains parity with the USD or about 0.2 BTC at this posting combined with an exchange that cultivated a market depth of $500,000 to $1 Million USD. This is actually not a very far stretch of possibilities if SC 2.0 would take off.

In this scenario Coinhunter could simply deposit any number of coins and make millions for himself very rapidly. It would cause a huge financial loss for the exchange, as well as crash the market and de-value every Solidcoin (yours) left in existence. But why would he care, he just banked several million USD. Coinhunter has gone to extreme measures to cover his real identity, no one knows who he is or where he really resides. A ruined reputation is meaningless in this situation.

It has puzzled quite a few people as to why Coinhunter would design this built in handicap to adoption, GREED is the only apparent answer. It truly serves no other purpose than for personal enrichment. Solidcoin 2.0 has been rejected by all the credible exchanges including this one for that very reason. 13 million pre-mine is a huge risk and a bogus payout liability that is unacceptable.

Bait & Switch Maneuver
In the days and weeks prior to the Solidcoin launch Coinhunter had disclosed there were 1 Million Pre-Mined coins for something he called a "Coin Protection Fee" earmarked for Solidcoin marketing, support and maintenance. This caused a lot of grumbling in the Solidcoin community when it was learned that Coinhunter would be the fund manager and only after much debate he decided he would after launch remit control to a committee of some sort. It was also learned that 10% of all blocks mined by anyone would in fact be taxed and transferred to the CPF.

The Bait and Switch occurred when several hours after launch Coinhunter revealed it was 12 Million premined in addition to nearly 1.128 Million SC1 coins being incorporated into the block chain. This was not something done on the fly post launch and had to be designed into the system days and/or weeks before launch. It was never mentioned pre-release or during the beta test phase just prior to launch. This is a classic Bait and switch. It doesn't bode well for a guy insisting people simply need to trust him.

Closed Source
All crypto-currencies except for Solidcoin 2.0 are Open Source. Solidcoin 2.0 is a closed source product and Coinhunter refuses to release the code for independent audit by neutral third parties. An audit by an independent third party could easily certifiy Solidcoin as being Malware free, Virus free, Backdoor free and whole host of other "nasty trcks" free.

Coinhunter has a demonstrated interest in Botnets and Central Control. Instead of releasing his code he says people need to simply trust him. Without the source code being released, any code certification and validation of Solidcoin 2.0 is impossible. Solidcoin 2.0 could have anything hidden in the program.

Central Control
All crypto-currencies except for Solidcoin use Peer <--> Peer architecture or P2P. This type of operation is very decentralized and is very hard to nearly impossible to control. Think Bit-torrent, Piratebay,.... unstoppable, irreversible, anonymous.

Solidcoin uses Peer <--> Trusted Node <--> Peer architecture. This type of architecture lends itself to a high degree of control. Think Paypal, Dwolla and those types. Payments can be easily intercepted, tracked and reversed as well as stolen. This is Paypal on steroids without all the good.

It should be noted that the Solidcoin Dev have denied this but refuse to release the code. There have been reported instances where this interception of transactions have occurred. Releasing the code would 100% either prove this false or prove it true. There is no legitimate reason to withhold the source.

Conclusion

I'm glad you are looking into Crypto-Currencies. You are taking part in the bleeding edge development of the digital payment future. As always before you invest any amount of time or money in anything worthwhile, do some thorough research. This forum BitcoinTalk.org is an excellent repository for all things Crypto-Currency.

I think it's time that this code is opened up for scrutiny as thats the only thing putting me off full adoption of SC.lack of transparancy.Having faith I feel is a dangerous thing (especially when the code isn't easily viewable for scrutiny or so it seems.I don't want another issue with CH/RS asking me to explain my comments I made about SC ,like last time so I try to remain neutral in this.I know,lol.)

Also for his ID,when I did a query on his IRC on solidcointalk.org,it revealed that his real name is 'linus travolds' (so it claims),then a web address that reveals its origins from germany (could just be a proxy,who knows).That was a few days ago so it could have changed.Try a WHIOS or Query on RS's name in his IRC channel and you'll see.

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 07:56:12 PM

Also for his ID,when I did a query on his IRC on solidcointalk.org,it revealed that his real name is 'linus travolds' (so it claims),then a web address that reveals its origins from germany (could just be a proxy,who knows).That was a few days ago so it could have changed.Try a WHIOS or Query on RS's name in his IRC channel and you'll see.

Sounds like Linus Torvalds...

Signature space available for rent.
film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2012, 10:13:55 AM

Thanks for helping to expose more problematic aspects of microcash BitcoinEXpress.I did wonder what was up with the part where a portion of money gets taken away from every user wallet (a tax maybe).Of course it has to do with that CPF (Coin protection fund) because why else would a 'tax' be required.In bitcoin this is just the transaction fee that goes to the miners processing payments from other people.In SC/Microcash the 'tax' goes to 1 person who owns the CPF.

It's important that people know about this 'tax', especially if you are the type of person who thinks that Microcash is some great new currency.It's not.It's just a revision of SolidCoin.

notyep

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2012, 07:07:28 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2012, 07:24:37 PM by notyep

Thanks for helping to expose more problematic aspects of microcash BitcoinEXpress.I did wonder what was up with the part where a portion of money gets taken away from every user wallet (a tax maybe).Of course it has to do with that CPF (Coin protection fund) because why else would a 'tax' be required.In bitcoin this is just the transaction fee that goes to the miners processing payments from other people.In SC/Microcash the 'tax' goes to 1 person who owns the CPF.

It's important that people know about this 'tax', especially if you are the type of person who thinks that Microcash is some great new currency.It's not.It's just a revision of SolidCoin.

Microcash has had 8 months of constant development that includes numerous advancements (many that bitcoin has worked to incorporate but hasn't yet accomplished for whatever reason).  Regardless, the production release is literally around the corner and the entire world will soon see what dedicated focus and exceptional programming skill by a strong community of supporters and investors can accomplish. What is intriguing is that the code is so radically new, I cannot emphasize enough that it shouldn't be compared to bitcoin in any form or fashion. In fact once released, review of the source will show how it has been cleansed of bitcoin code. It is inevitable that bitcoin and alt.chains based on the original bitcoin design will evolve significantly due to the new capabilities that are available now. This must and will happen.

"Get Ready...."

malevolent
can into space
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2012, 07:36:56 PM

Who are the ''investors''?

notyep

View Profile
May 19, 2012, 10:48:56 PM

People from all walks of life not to mention those who trade for SC on the exchanges.  In spite of the negative comments posted against SC/MC, the exchanges demonstrate the interest and confidence the world has in the work being done to make it a success. Take the owners of BTC-e.com for instance. Would the owner of a VERY profitable service offer SC if it were not viable? Regardless of how much people try to discourage others from getting involved with SC/MC due to fear from competition, the momentum will continue and the exchanges and investors will continue to support it due to the backing it has.

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
May 20, 2012, 01:27:51 AM

McDonald's make a lot of money every year ...

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2012, 01:15:51 PM

People from all walks of life not to mention those who trade for SC on the exchanges.  In spite of the negative comments posted against SC/MC, the exchanges demonstrate the interest and confidence the world has in the work being done to make it a success. Take the owners of BTC-e.com for instance. Would the owner of a VERY profitable service offer SC if it were not viable? Regardless of how much people try to discourage others from getting involved with SC/MC due to fear from competition, the momentum will continue and the exchanges and investors will continue to support it due to the backing it has.

Who are the ''investors'', again? Exchanges? Who is using this currency for buying/selling of products/services? For now I only see a few individuals speculating and looking for idiots.

Protip
Try elsewhere!

BTW. https://btc-e.com/news/67

In view of the minimal volume of currencies pairs RUC/USD and the SC/USD from April 15 trades with them will be closed.

notyep

View Profile
May 20, 2012, 01:45:52 PM

People from all walks of life not to mention those who trade for SC on the exchanges.  In spite of the negative comments posted against SC/MC, the exchanges demonstrate the interest and confidence the world has in the work being done to make it a success. Take the owners of BTC-e.com for instance. Would the owner of a VERY profitable service offer SC if it were not viable? Regardless of how much people try to discourage others from getting involved with SC/MC due to fear from competition, the momentum will continue and the exchanges and investors will continue to support it due to the backing it has.

Who are the ''investors'', again? Exchanges? Who is using this currency for buying/selling of products/services? For now I only see a few individuals speculating and looking for idiots.

Protip
Try elsewhere!

BTW. https://btc-e.com/news/67

In view of the minimal volume of currencies pairs RUC/USD and the SC/USD from April 15 trades with them will be closed.

Answer this, if SC/MC were not a viable currency, why on earth would it exist on BTC-e.com being traded for "BTC" at this very moment?? The answer is this, they see the potential and thus it will remain there.  Unfortunately, you're not wise enough to understand the amount of work and money that has been devoted to the project. I guess this means there are a lot of IDIOTs in the world?  Isn't it ironic that often those who are considered IDIOTs and go against the grain are the very ones that change the world for the better?  "Even in the deepest, darkest cave with a candlestick shining bright, there are those who will never see the light...."

v/r

kano
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2012, 02:20:46 PM

I0coins are being traded on vircurex with a higher volume (even considering the price difference) than SC
I0coins 55x the volume, but SC is only 40x the price
So does that mean you can apply your argument to I0coins also?

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
notyep

View Profile
May 20, 2012, 08:12:22 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2012, 08:29:13 PM by notyep

I0coins are being traded on vircurex with a higher volume (even considering the price difference) than SC

I can apply my argument to ANY current cyrpto-currency based on the original BTC design.  Take for instance the following graph:

http://blockchain.info/charts/blocks-size

It is the above characteristic why the current design has hit a brick wall.  We live in a mobile world now, there is absolutely no way possible for BTC or any other similar currency design with a block-chain this large to be used as a medium for commerce efficiently let alone in the world of mobility (are you kidding me, a 1.3GB blockhain?Huh) The power that all the mobile phones, CPUs, GPUs would use to deal with such a download on the earth would be put to better use boiling the oceans.  This is one of the many problems the MC design solves.  As I've said before, don't compare it to anything BTC related, it is pointless.

kano
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2012, 09:04:47 PM

I can apply my argument to ANY current cyrpto-currency based on the original BTC design.  Take for instance the following graph:

http://blockchain.info/charts/blocks-size

It is the above characteristic why the current design has hit a brick wall.  We live in a mobile world now, there is absolutely no way possible for BTC or any other similar currency design with a block-chain this large to be used as a medium for commerce efficiently let alone in the world of mobility (are you kidding me, a 1.3GB blockhain?Huh) The power that all the mobile phones, CPUs, GPUs would use to deal with such a download on the earth would be put to better use boiling the oceans.  This is one of the many problems the MC design solves.  As I've said before, don't compare it to anything BTC related, it is pointless.
Oh - you mean the iPhone and Android BTC wallets that exist ... don't exist?
LOL

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: