Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:59:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] Synereo: A fully decentralized social network owned by you  (Read 41495 times)
Elokane (OP)

Activity: 817
Merit: 1000

Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 12:29:49 PM

when is going to be the presale?

We are finalizing the crowdfunding campaign's details and will announce them soon.

We already have a few interesting backers who have pledged to invest!

Synereo: liberating the Internet from abusive business models.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.
<br>
destrada

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 02:05:39 PM

New post on the blog:
Three Ways to Start a Revolution, Part 1: Decentralization

How do you overthrow the king? Who do you put in his place?

There are a handful of new entries in the alternative-social networking space attempting to answer this question. They represent a fairly broad range of guesses at what post-Facebook social networking may be like. There’s lots to say about the options on the table and what appears to be around the corner. Here’s a good place to start.

In this series of posts, we will discuss three core features we believe are crucial for the next generation of social networking: Decentralization, Compensation, and Reputation.

Decentralization
We are no longer bound by the requirement of having a single resource-rich entity that manages and controls the social network for us. We have the technology to run a distributed social network where users may contribute the storage, bandwidth and computational power needed to maintain it — and be compensated for the task. Not having to turn to the lowest common denominator, communities may choose how to govern themselves and organize according to their principles and values.... [continue reading]
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 08:30:12 AM

Hey,

What are the differences between Synereo and Reveal ?
yuvadm

Activity: 43

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 09:42:31 PM

Reveal is a centralized social network. While it does compensate users with monetary reward, it lacks full control over the content the user provides to the net. Content distribution is still at the whim of the operator.

Synereo is a being built from the ground up to be completely decentralized, giving each user full control over her data, where the data flows through the network in full transparency. With Synereo, you are not sold to algorithms, rather, you deploy them and let them act on your behalf and in your interest.
McAndy

Activity: 11

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2014, 02:05:28 PM

Hey,

Plenty, but I assume the question arises from the feature that both have in common, and is prominently featured on Reveal's website.

Being compensated for your attention and content production is not the purpose of Synereo. This is not our USP.

It is merely a side effect of having a distributed social network.
Once you remove the entity that is responsible for selling the attention and taking the ad revenue, you end up with a system that simply distributes advertising revenue - just like it distributes everything else.

Andy
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 02:17:41 PM

I really like the project backed by something that may grow into another FB. I know many other attempts at social networking have failed but I feel this could be the real deal.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 11:24:55 AM

Hey,

Plenty, but I assume the question arises from the feature that both have in common, and is prominently featured on Reveal's website.

Being compensated for your attention and content production is not the purpose of Synereo. This is not our USP.

Once you remove the entity that is responsible for selling the attention and taking the ad revenue, you end up with a system that simply distributes advertising revenue - just like it distributes everything else.

Andy

There's also https://www.tsu.co - they got 1million registered users in 5 weeks (and the only way to register at this point is by invite),
 and they are paying their users / page owners by the amount of members / friends they have, 90% of their revenue goes to the users.

Looks like you've got alot of work to do  Wink
bitwhizz
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 06:12:32 PM

watching
Wulfcastle

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2014, 08:33:38 PM

Keeping a close eye on this.
Juantzy

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 02:13:30 AM

How can I get this coin? mining or IPO ICO??

McAndy

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 09:35:27 AM

We do Smiley

destrada

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 06:34:42 PM

Hey,

Andy

There's also https://www.tsu.co - they got 1million registered users in 5 weeks (and the only way to register at this point is by invite),
 and they are paying their users / page owners by the amount of members / friends they have, 90% of their revenue goes to the users.

Good question! The space of next-gen social networks is starting to blossom, and it's becoming difficult to keep track of who is doing what. Gideon Rosenblatt discusses the differences between Reddit, Ello, Tsu, and Synereo in detail here, which may be of help.

Very briefly (but hopefully fairly!):

Tsu is not a blockchain technology, it is a compensation network. Users are compensated for a portion of the ads they see on the network. Users are encouraged to grow their network in a MLM set-up to maximize their profits; it is basically for SEO types looking to make money directly from their social networking activity.

Reveal is a social network using blockchain technology. Users get coin in their proprietary cryptocurrency, and Reveal sells ad space in that currency, so users basically have a share in the company. In this way, Reveal is meant to operate a little like Reddit's plan to share cryptocurrency with users representing a stake in the business.

For completeness sake, Ello is a kind of minimal social network, promising that they won't advertise to users. Essentially they've agreed that no one can make money on the network.

Synereo is quite different from all three. Synereo uses blockchain technology primarily for the purposes of decentralization and security, to ensure that no single source has control over the whole network. The point isn't simply to monetize the network. Instead, we're designing the network dynamics with a focus on how communities develop and how content spreads across the network. The goal is to give users direct control over their content and their communities. We're thinking explicitly about optimizing the attention economy: making sure content reaches the users where it will have the greatest impact.

We're confident that getting the network dynamics right will make compensating users for their digital labor easy and intuitive, and thus is critical for ushering the transition into the next generation of social networking. As far as we know, none of the other networks have taken the comprehensive and systematic approach we have. Frankly, from our perspective they look like more awkward attempts to make 20th century business models fit the economies of the 21st century. We think it's time to move forward.
McAndy

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2014, 10:49:54 PM

Hi thread!

If you want to

a) Be among he first to receive ~$200 worth of AMPs after the initial offering
b) Help us out

We are looking for native Chinese, Russian and Spanish speakers that can translate the announcement post to their mother tongue.

Contact us at founders AT synereo.com before doing anything please =)

Nd
aragoon

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 06:53:14 AM

This looks like a great project.  Smiley
I hope this community will permit a small rant from me.  Cheesy
I try to keep up with the SAFE project and their discussions about the many issues that arise from free speech and decentralization. I recommend a visit to their forum so as not to reinvent the wheel.  Wink
To me, free speech means that anyone can say or ask anything, anytime. Full stop. That does mean that some will abuse the privilege and some will try to manipulate for profit or politics. There will be some victims but this is the dawn of a new way to explore our world including all the bits we never knew about or bits that make us shudder. To combine the wealth of data available on the net with a system that rewards organically for views, activities, creativity, alternatives, truth could evolve an entirely better informed, fresh set of commonly held views and beliefs and challenge much of the propaganda being fed to us every day in more and more sophisticated ways  by vested interest. The spying revelations are the beginning of our waking up to what is really going on behind our backs.
A project like Synereo should be self balancing. If what is being said is not popular or heavily funded, it will not get attention for long. A bit like not feeding the trolls. I think it will be a very good thing for topics to sometimes enrage or offend and for it  to bring real response from contributors who, for the first time, can feel truly at liberty to say what they believe or suspect and to explore issues without fear of attack. So much of what people believe is engineered. So much of what people don't say is because of fear of rejection by peers, fear of having control wrenched from their hands, job loss or, worse still, fear of physical harm. We are in the stranglehold of political correctness, dominant narrative, commerce and absolutist moralists. We are being played.
Building in "committees" to edit, censor content etc would, IMHO, completely undermine Synereo. Let app developers come up with parental lock type gizmos for those who want them but leave those of us who choose freedom, and all the risks that go with it, to do it our way. Law enforcement agencies will have to catch up, which they will. It has always been a cat and mouse game. Most people are decent. Most users of Synereo will be decent folk.
I wonder, however, how Synereo would cope with a huge AMP campaign funded by an agency / business / government with millions of dollars at their disposal? AMPS attract attention and someone wants to ........... (fill in blanks. eg sell cigarettes, recruit ardent followers, undermine a government etc etc ). Offering a lot of AMP would sure get a lot of attention and we end up back at square one. After all, it has been suggested that presidents can be bought in some countries. Individuals don't have the AMPS to counter the pushers. The big players win again?
What about when a new Synereo user imports Facebook material? Might that result in less security? I detest Facebook and would hate to see it weaken what projects like Synereo could offer. But, it's a little like changing phones. If I've been on Nokia for years, changing to Samsung is difficult because they use different formats for data. So, I'm de-incentivised to change. Facebook users are probably the same. They may be susceptible to being bribed off FB! But would it undermine Synereo security?
These new decentralized spaces will bring many challenges and rewards. It's going to be a fascinating trip.
-Greed-

Activity: 910

Decentralized Jihad

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 08:13:30 PM

This project seems to be really amazing. I hope it won't be another disappointment like Twister.

zxbball

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 12:57:50 PM

twister is great! but not monrtization
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 02:13:12 AM

I think synereo, is a great idea. It can help the people that create the network and give it value, earn value
fordlincoln

Activity: 152

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 02:20:26 AM

I have pre-registered!
fthoughts

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 07:50:01 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2015, 09:55:03 PM by fthoughts

Synereo has just released Chapter 2 of their network dynamics presentation!

https://i.imgur.com/bhhSbb2.png

Chapter 2: Network Dynamics & Communities (Direct presentation link)

Please join us in review of some of the key social and economic principles that underlie the Synereo vision:

- Autonomous Synereos and communities
    - Reo and its influence over messages posted to the network
    - How Synereo's topology can be dynamically influenced
    - How user-created content moves and gains visibility across each Synereo

In addition to those developments, there is further detail on how Synereo intends to manage
privacy and arbitration in a decentralized social network that puts the community in control:

- Opportunities to run communities that are self-governing and collaborative
    - Adminstration, arbitration and moderation policies
    - Privacy and identity controls
    - Island Synereos (great for teams and small communities!)

If you've missed Chapter 1, this presentation explains the basics of Synereo, including Reo and
how user-attention has an influence over the network:
[ https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/12wZfRyF9XBMrc1ripXGfyNXCnO_MD7f2-Gc8AIa-v8o/pub?start=false&loop=false&slide=id.g4ecec4c43_3121 ]
xtrm

Activity: 153

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 08:03:18 PM

Looks like good material to be implemented, but too much delay and inactiveness
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: