Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:37:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The White European should be praised for their actions concerning slavery  (Read 5656 times)
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 07:24:49 AM

http://journals.cambridge.org/action/displayAbstract?fromPage=online&aid=2788532

Comes up on the first page of google, they had the exact same problems as western countries, it's just there are people like you who choose to ignore that and you could still argue that the way marriage works in those countries is basically the enslavement of women, but then again, I'm pretty much against marriage as it is.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 09:43:48 AM

What other country had race based slavery where they treated the workers like cattle?
You are really REALLY arguing that the US invented raced based slavery? I guess ancient Egypt doesn't count...

Did Ancient Egyptians own slaves in the 19th century?
Not that I am aware of...thats a nice qualifier you added after the fact once you realize you were incorrect, but in order for some group or individual to have invented something they have to be the first to exhibit that practice correct?
awesome31312

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 09:52:32 AM

What other country had race based slavery where they treated the workers like cattle?
You are really REALLY arguing that the US invented raced based slavery? I guess ancient Egypt doesn't count...

Not that I am aware of...thats a nice qualifier you added after the fact once you realize you were incorrect, but in order for some group or individual to have invented something they have to be the first to exhibit that practice correct?

Race based slavery. google it

Compelling reason to not go to Catholic school

Account recovered 08-12-2019
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 12:03:05 PM

Telling me to google a phrase is not an argument or a source. "Race based slavery" existed LONG before the US did. Just because popular media portrays all slavery as Africans held by Americans doesn't mean it was invented in the US. Here is one example of raced based slavery before the US. I am sure there are many more.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_African_Company
boumalo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 03:16:09 PM

Slavery has existed for thousands of year, it was huge in Africa, the Africans were indeed the biggest slavers of Africans and were the ones who sold Africans to Americans; slavery was big in the middle east and existed in Asia too

The European, more precisely catholics white europeans were the first one to abolish it and push for its global abolition and they succeeded; yet they seem to have the ones who get the shame now!? It's very stupid and giving blame to Europeans or white for slavery is changing history since every culture and all ethnic groups were having slaves and white were the first one to abolish it

By the way, the current problems of the Black community in the USA are due to government programs that are suppose to help them but keep them in poverty and it's due to the fight against marijuana that results in way more negative than positive

boumalo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 03:19:33 PM

Telling me to google a phrase is not an argument or a source. "Race based slavery" existed LONG before the US did. Just because popular media portrays all slavery as Africans held by Americans doesn't mean it was invented in the US. Here is one example of raced based slavery before the US. I am sure there are many more.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_African_Company

Slavery in Africa : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_Africa

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 04:49:05 PM

Slavery has existed for thousands of year, it was huge in Africa, the Africans were indeed the biggest slavers of Africans and were the ones who sold Africans to Americans; slavery was big in the middle east and existed in Asia too

The European, more precisely catholics white europeans were the first one to abolish it and push for its global abolition and they succeeded; yet they seem to have the ones who get the shame now!? It's very stupid and giving blame to Europeans or white for slavery is changing history since every culture and all ethnic groups were having slaves and white were the first one to abolish it

By the way, the current problems of the Black community in the USA are due to government programs that are suppose to help them but keep them in poverty and it's due to the fight against marijuana that results in way more negative than positive
Pointing out that they were pioneers in the race based slave trade is not "blaming" Europe, simply pointing out it is not an American invention regardless of how the media portrays it. Also doesn't Europe deserve its share of the blame? After all it did practice slavery as well, and certainly profited handsomely from the trade in the Americas.
boumalo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 10:14:57 PM

Pointing out that they were pioneers in the race based slave trade is not "blaming" Europe, simply pointing out it is not an American invention regardless of how the media portrays it. Also doesn't Europe deserve its share of the blame? After all it did practice slavery as well, and certainly profited handsomely from the trade in the Americas.

Race base slavery was obviously not invented by the USA but it wasn't invented by Europe either, slavery in Africa was between different ethnicities.

All regions of the world had slaves, Europe didn't have more than other regions, it had less and there are the first ones who started the movement of abolition and succeeded first then pushed for everyone to abolish slavery and still do; if it wasn't for Europe there would probably still be slaves in most countries so there deserve less blame than than the middle easterners, less blame than the Asians or Americans and especially less blame than the Africans where slavery is still big : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_Africa

My Name Was Taken

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 03:48:11 AM

if it wasn't for Europe there would probably still be slaves in most countries so there deserve less blame than than the middle easterners, less blame than the Asians or Americans and especially less blame than the Africans where slavery is still big : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_Africa

Yes, congratulations. You've proven white Europeans are the master race. /sarcasm
awesome31312

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 06:12:36 AM

"Our race is the master race"
~White guys everywhere

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 08:17:44 AM

I'm half-irish, so fuck off ^_^
boumalo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 10:28:37 AM

if it wasn't for Europe there would probably still be slaves in most countries so there deserve less blame than than the middle easterners, less blame than the Asians or Americans and especially less blame than the Africans where slavery is still big : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_Africa

Yes, congratulations. You've proven white Europeans are the master race. /sarcasm

No I was stating a history fact, why is this history fact annoying you so much?

White Europeans have their problems but when we are talking about slavery, they are the first ones who abolish it when everyone was having slaves

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 12:40:38 PM

Race base slavery was obviously not invented by the USA but it wasn't invented by Europe either, slavery in Africa was between different ethnicities.

All regions of the world had slaves, Europe didn't have more than other regions, it had less and there are the first ones who started the movement of abolition and succeeded first then pushed for everyone to abolish slavery and still do; if it wasn't for Europe there would probably still be slaves in most countries so there deserve less blame than than the middle easterners, less blame than the Asians or Americans and especially less blame than the Africans where slavery is still big : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_Africa
While I agree Europe probably didn't invent race slavery, they most certainly did house the worlds LARGEST raced based slave trade corporations, and made the most profit from the trade. As far as them deserving less blame because they were some of the early pioneers of abolition of slavery is not exactly valid either. A bad act doesn't erase a good act just as good doesn't erase a bad act.
boumalo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 01:45:19 PM

While I agree Europe probably didn't invent race slavery, they most certainly did house the worlds LARGEST raced based slave trade corporations, and made the most profit from the trade. As far as them deserving less blame because they were some of the early pioneers of abolition of slavery is not exactly valid either. A bad act doesn't erase a good act just as good doesn't erase a bad act.

They didn't start it and they were the sole first ones to abolish it and when it comes to being the world's largest raced based slave trade corporations owners, can't tell you 100% it is not true because don't have the statistics but let's find them and know for sure, my instinct tells me they were not the biggest slavers at any time of history

awesome31312

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 02:09:08 PM

White people were the only ones that fought a civil war to try and keep slavery

They were the only ones that hung abolitionists

duke1839

Activity: 143
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 07:24:00 PM

In America, white people hated slavery because it undercut white working class people in terms of wages.  You can't beat free labor!  Whites also hated slavery because there were laws requiring people to patrol for runaway slaves even if they didn't want to.  Most of the people on forced patrol were thinking, "Why the hell is it my responsibility to look for runaway slaves?  Shouldn't the damn slave owner be the one doing this?"

1839REgeNTM2b84byywinp3BjtWdEqw27x
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 07:32:42 PM

You know a civil war has 2 sides right? Who do you think was fighting the South? Canada? Was the North composed of Chinese people?
My Name Was Taken

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 02:24:00 AM

No I was stating a history fact, why is this history fact annoying you so much?

White Europeans have their problems but when we are talking about slavery, they are the first ones who abolish it when everyone was having slaves

What you stated was an opinion. "If it wasn't for Europe there would probably still be slaves in most countries so there deserve less blame than the middle easterners, less blame than the Asians or Americans and especially less blame than the Africans where slavery is still big." That's your exact quote. Note that there is no historical fact there, it is 100% pure opinion. It's your opinion I'm taking issue with, because the underlying tone of your opinion is racist. You can tell it's racist by the fact that you're obsessed with proving whites, as a race, deserve more credit than other races (in your words: Middle Easterners, Asians, and especially Africans) on slavery. Your opinion is implying whites are better because they did something better than the other races you mentioned.

That's what is annoying me so much.
awesome31312

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 07:03:54 AM

You know a civil war has 2 sides right? Who do you think was fighting the South? Canada? Was the North composed of Chinese people?

Yeah, the other party was fighting for their freedom, the same way our founding fathers fought for our freedom from the British, and the same way we are fighting for our freedom from an oppressive government

madken7777

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 07:06:32 AM

You probably thought I lost it but you will understand what I mean if you watch the end of the Stefan Molyneux's video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auQJMLWx6og&list=UUC3L8QaxqEGUiBC252GHy3w

Molyneux is very direct but after you are shocked by what he is saying you usually start thinking that what he is saying make a lot of sense; in this video, he is talking about the fact that slavery was present in every culture and most countries for thousands of years : Africa, Americas, Middle East, Asia and Europe until Europeans fought to abolish it, yet we still hear that the White Europeans were the biggest bad guys concerning slavery and should feel ashamed when they should be praised if anything

How is abolishing slavery working out for European and American so far?

Your country is being practically conquered by cock.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: