Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:00:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: >> WARNING: COINSORTIUM and ARDEVA SCAM >> Identity theft  (Read 9864 times)
Scottbit (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 08:07:09 AM

ARDEVA IS STEALING YOUR IDENTITIES

I just wanted to warn investors and project owners to stay a way from Coinsortium.co and it's "verification" service Ardeva.com.

As you may know, Ardeva.com is used to verify project owners so that investors know who are they dealing with. Main focus of Ardeva is allegedly getting rid of scams by verifying owners ID, address, credit cards etc. More you give to them, bigger "trust score" you get.

To get 20% of 100% Ardeva score (needed to list project of Coinsortium) you need to send them your ID, front and back scans, profile photo, ID + utility bill and you holding the ID by your face and two different utility bills not older than 3 months.

However, Ardeva is biggest scam of them all. They want you to send them all that just be able to post project.

Project owners that got verified by Ardeva don't see the bigger picture. YOU ARE SENDING YOUR WHOLE IDENTITY INFORMATION TO XYZ WEBSITE!

Ardeva ISN'T registered company, and there is no legal entity behind it! Only some guy with stolen identity

Identity thefts are much more profitable than silly Bitcoin projects that owners are listing on their platform.

Please be aware and list your projects on decentralized platforms!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=828832.new#new
printshop

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 06:02:13 PM

ARDEVA IS STEALING YOUR IDENTITIES

So Ardeva is stealing our identities, because...

Identity thefts are much more profitable than silly Bitcoin projects that owners are listing on their platform.

Ardeva might be stealing our identities?

wtf?
Germican

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 06:36:26 PM

I don't argue with your line of thinking but your making a possibility into an actuality. Rather than making claims with no evidence how about just putting out a word of caution of something you open yourself up to by providing the verification. Whether they are an actually business or not doesn't change whether they will steal your identity or not as many businesses have done so previously.

Provide evidence or I'd recommend editing the post to remove concrete claims otherwise your just hurting yourself and your credibility.
frederichoule

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 11:35:37 AM

Hi Scottbit, Fred here from Ardeva.

Ardeva is a registered Canadian company located in Laval, Quebec, Canada.

Once we approve documents you send us, they are encrypted directly by our system with a public key, while the private key is stored on a few USB drives at safe locations. Once a week, we move all encrypted files from the server to external offline storage as an extra layer of security. We basically parse the required informations from your documents, save them in our database, and then encrypt the files. We don't use your ID/documents for anything except for legal purposes (i.e. you run away with somebody's BTC).

I hope that answered your concerns, and I invite you to contact us at hello@ardeva.com if you have any questions about our service.

Regards,
Frederic Houle
Ardeva Founder
RiverBoatBTC

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 10:44:13 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2014, 11:31:04 PM by RiverBoatBTC

Hi Scottbit, Fred here from Ardeva.

Ardeva is a registered Canadian company located in Laval, Quebec, Canada.

Once we approve documents you send us, they are encrypted directly by our system with a public key, while the private key is stored on a few USB drives at safe locations. Once a week, we move all encrypted files from the server to external offline storage as an extra layer of security. We basically parse the required informations from your documents, save them in our database, and then encrypt the files. We don't use your ID/documents for anything except for legal purposes (i.e. you run away with somebody's BTC).

I hope that answered your concerns, and I invite you to contact us at hello@ardeva.com if you have any questions about our service.

Regards,
Frederic Houle
Ardeva Founder

Hey Fred from Ardeva
 If I can call you Fred that is you might not want to be so friendly with me after this. You claim to vet IPO's and the owners correct? How come your vetting does not reflect the owner of QuintoBTC being a convicted felon? I think that is very important info when investing in a company. What are you doing exactly to vet these people just prove they are who the say they are?

Edit. Your a construction company correct?

Edit. Just started looking your stuff back over again... You list your IPO on the site you vet for and give yourself 100% rating. RED ALERT RED ALERT. That is what we call unethical in the business world.

printshop

Activity: 206

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 11:47:32 AM

Hey Fred from Ardeva
 If I can call you Fred that is you might not want to be so friendly with me after this. You claim to vet IPO's and the owners correct? How come your vetting does not reflect the owner of QuintoBTC being a convicted felon? I think that is very important info when investing in a company. What are you doing exactly to vet these people just prove they are who the say they are?

Edit. Just started looking your stuff back over again... You list your IPO on the site you vet for and give yourself 100% rating. RED ALERT RED ALERT. That is what we call unethical in the business world.

How do you know that he's a convicted felon? Because they have verified his identity. They have done their job, you have done yours.
frederichoule

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 02:05:34 PM

Hey Fred from Ardeva

Hey RiverBoatBTC!

#1 - The only thing we claim is that we verified the informations we asked for in our verification modules. We do not have a "Criminal Case" verification module yet, but this is definitively something we want to add in the future. Take a look at his Ardeva profile, check the name of the verification module and the status next to it. We do not claim anything more than the fact that we verified that information.

#2 - A construction company? I'm not sure what you mean about that.

#3 - I test each and every module we put up on Ardeva. I do not approve my own documents, my partner does it, and I did the same for his documents. We had no choice to had a Gov ID + Address verified Ardeva account to list on Coinsortium - we can't circumvent that, it's required for others so it's required for us too.

Feel free to ask if you have any more questions!

Regards,
Fred
Zoznoz

Activity: 41

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 01:11:43 AM

I believe the OP only said most of that and wrote the misleading title, ">> WARNING: COINSORTIUM and ARDEVA SCAM >> Identity theft" just to get the response that he did. Everyone should be aware of identity theft sure, it can happen anywhere but I also work in a position where I have to obtain photocopies of customers' Government ID sometimes and other sensitive material to verify their identity. There is really no difference between saying that I am an identity thief just for requesting these documents, by your logic.

Yes, identity theft is a lucrative and evil trade but individually, photocopies of an ID and a utility bill isn't going to get you anywhere near the amount that a project/asset owner would raise. You're probably thinking of identity theft involving physical cards/documents or skimming credit cards.

Ardeva ISN'T registered company, and there is no legal entity behind it! Only some guy with stolen identity

Apparently it is, as frederichoule pointed out the website by his claim is under a registered Canadian company, I agree I can't find any evidence of that on the website itself. However, with a WHOIS search you can find that the organisation listed under ardeva.com is the 'TRIAXO GROUP'. Besides that it appears WHOIS Privacy isn't even on so it appears that Ardeva is likely being very transparent themselves. One thing I will mention though is  when I try to search for the "Triaxo group" on www.ic.gc.ca, nothing appears. Besides that if Ardeva isn't actually operated under a company, then that means that it would have be a proprietorship/sole trader business which means there is substantially more risk for the founder anyway. If anything, not operating under a company means there is more risk and scrutiny for the founder.
frederichoule

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 10:10:57 PM

Zoznoz, ic.gc.ca only lists companies incorporated under the Canadian chart (Federal), not the Quebec chart (provincial) - you would have to query the "Registraire des Entreprises du Québec" and get the informations about Triaxo Group.
Zoznoz

Activity: 41

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 01:06:10 AM

Zoznoz, ic.gc.ca only lists companies incorporated under the Canadian chart (Federal), not the Quebec chart (provincial) - you would have to query the "Registraire des Entreprises du Québec" and get the informations about Triaxo Group.

Thanks for that, you're right it was on the Quebec Enterprise Registrar!  Smiley I didn't realise because I know places like USA, UK and Australia usually handle corporate law on a Federal level.
frederichoule

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 01:21:12 AM

Canada does it too - we can choose either the Federal incorporation, or Provincial one. Ardeva is currently under a Quebec provincial incorporation, but we are looking at other jurisdiction for incorporation in the near future, mainly Delaware LLC.
Scottbit (OP)

Activity: 34

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 09:17:06 AM

Just one of the confirmations that you need to stay away from both of these platforms!

This is how all scams begin to unfold...

https://i.imgur.com/OeNwLps.png
AcoinL.L.C
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 03:56:09 PM

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/sec-sends-inquiry-letters-hundreds-bitcoin-companies-unregistered-securities/

NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 05:36:02 PM

Very annoying news for US based exchanges!
However the SEC has no jurisdiction over Coinsortium.co since we are based in the UK and EU.

With this I do not mean that any US person can create listings on Coinsortium.co freely and legally or that we condone illegal activity. One should always check with a local lawyer if he/she is eligible to list securities on a foreign exchange.

We are discussing a potential ban on listings from US companies but so far nothing has been implemented.

Don't forget bans on US users Smiley
AcoinL.L.C
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 03:21:20 AM

Very annoying news for US based exchanges!
However the SEC has no jurisdiction over Coinsortium.co since we are based in the UK and EU.

With this I do not mean that any US person can create listings on Coinsortium.co freely and legally or that we condone illegal activity. One should always check with a local lawyer if he/she is eligible to list securities on a foreign exchange.

We are discussing a potential ban on listings from US companies but so far nothing has been implemented.

SEC has jurisdiction anywhere that accepts US investors. I would guess that ~50% of your listed assets are US based anyways... As for investors? 50-75%.

RiverBoatBTC

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 05:38:18 PM

SEC has jurisdiction anywhere that accepts US investors. I would guess that ~50% of your listed assets are US based anyways... As for investors? 50-75%.

SEC has jurisdiction within the United States alone, if they write to us we will dump the letter.
Instead if our local securities agency writes to us we will comply with the requests.

My friend... do not spread FUD when you do not know the reality of things. We do not want to go to jail so we hired a business attorney before going live. Smiley

This is not true, U.S has jurisdiction on any U.S citizen. It does not matter where you break the law. Perfect Example black water employee's killed people in Iraq got held and tried in the U.S.A.

But honestly the owner of this exchange is not someone you would want to do business with. I have had previous encounters with him, and the Mods have called him a straight liar. If anyone would like the links I would be happy to provide.

twentyseventy
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 06:55:45 PM

This is not true, U.S has jurisdiction on any U.S citizen. It does not matter where you break the law. Perfect Example black water employee's killed people in Iraq got held and tried in the U.S.A.

But honestly the owner of this exchange is not someone you would want to do business with. I have had previous encounters with him, and the Mods have called him a straight liar. If anyone would like the links I would be happy to provide.

You should probably be releasing BitcoinBudz' ID and Docs before taking on anything new-
RiverBoatBTC

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 06:58:30 PM

I already did if you have been following, I know the main investor who bought the majority of shares and I provided him with everything I had. I could release public but I was asked not to do so as of yet.

RiverBoatBTC

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2014, 01:51:44 AM

Huh At Coinsortium we are not US citizens. Of course the SEC may question US company owners directly using the Ardeva token.

About US investors... the SEC would have to ask for a list from Coinsortium but I am pretty sure that the management will deny the request. End of story.

Very true but what we have learned from the SR case so far is, if the servers or business is not in the U.S.A they can hack it and do not need a warrant.
Cite: http://www.wired.com/2014/10/silk-road-judge-technicality/

Killerloop

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 08:01:54 AM

Very true but what we have learned from the SR case so far is, if the servers or business is not in the U.S.A they can hack it and do not need a warrant.
Cite: http://www.wired.com/2014/10/silk-road-judge-technicality/

Please do not associate the name of legit business like Coinsortium with criminals dealing drugs. Our servers are our own, we have a regular contract and we do not use TOR or anything.

I am not exactly sure about what are you trying to prove with these weird examples and citations. Before creating our company we paid a business lawyer to check compliance with our laws and that is all that it is required.

Stil don't believe me? Well, it is within your rights! I won't discuss this matter further as it is useless on these terms. We have plenty of US investors and our law doesn't allow disclosure of personal information to a random foreign organization, be it governmental or not.

Loan request: "I need 7 BTC because We hired an archaelogist and asked him: Is there a treasure? And he said yes!"
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: