Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:51:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Thoughts on microchip implants?  (Read 1779 times)
awesome31312 (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 09:11:56 AM

What are your thoughts on microchip implants? Do you think they will positively contribute to society?

Here is what I think.

We already use smartphones, they have become our own personal identification. We have the forced National ID, which we are required to possess at all times and may get in serious trouble if found without one. We could abolish the National ID and have optional, not mandatory implants. I think they'll allow us to easily combat human trafficking. If we can integrate GPS tracking in such a chip, a missing child can not only be found easily, but we can eliminate the chances of such a tragedy happening. We could also devise a way to pay using Bitcoin by scanning it, similar to the QR code method we have.

Of course, we are many many years behind such a thing to ever be released. The technology exists alright, but not in an implantable form due to public opinion (See: Google Glass, SmartWatch, for wearable devices)

Account recovered 08-12-2019

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
samaricanin

Activity: 697
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 10:36:58 AM

awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 10:43:35 AM

I forgot to say, conservative anti-science religious claims don't count

samaricanin

Activity: 697
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 10:50:53 AM

CENSORSHIP counts

awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2014, 11:00:08 AM

CENSORSHIP counts

What are you talking about

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 12:27:39 AM

What are your thoughts on microchip implants? Do you think they will positively contribute to society?

I would love one, even if it was only used for memory storage.

The ability to remember every programming function instantly would be a big help to me.  I'm always looking into reference manuals since at my old age I can no longer remember everything I read.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
brian_23452

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 12:44:58 AM

Here is what I think.

We already use smartphones, they have become our own personal identification. We have the forced National ID, which we are required to possess at all times and may get in serious trouble if found without one. We could abolish the National ID and have optional, not mandatory implants. I think they'll allow us to easily combat human trafficking. If we can integrate GPS tracking in such a chip, a missing child can not only be found easily, but we can eliminate the chances of such a tragedy happening. We could also devise a way to pay using Bitcoin by scanning it, similar to the QR code method we have.

Of course, we are many many years behind such a thing to ever be released. The technology exists alright, but not in an implantable form due to public opinion (See: Google Glass, SmartWatch, for wearable devices)

Well first off who is "we"?  My country for example does not have a forced national id which we are required to posses at all times so it would help to know what country you are from.

As for the rest, I personally would avoid them if at all possible.  Given a quick look at how the government and large corporations have taken virtually every piece of technology and used it for their own gain whenever possible, I can't really see any benefit to myself. 
awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 02:09:31 AM

I would love one, even if it was only used for memory storage.

The ability to remember every programming function instantly would be a big help to me.  I'm always looking into reference manuals since at my old age I can no longer remember everything I read.

This is an excellent reason, remember Johnny Mnemonic's "My brain can hold eighty gigs of data"?

Here is what I think.

Well first off who is "we"?  My country for example does not have a forced national id which we are required to posses at all times so it would help to know what country you are from.

As for the rest, I personally would avoid them if at all possible.  Given a quick look at how the government and large corporations have taken virtually every piece of technology and used it for their own gain whenever possible, I can't really see any benefit to myself. 

In my country you get your ass kicked by cops for not having ID

I live in the police states of America

Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 02:13:07 AM

Here is what I think.

One advantage will be for me to hack into someone's optic nerve and see what he sees all the time. Signed, the NSA.

awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 02:16:36 AM

Here is what I think.

One advantage will be for me to hack into someone's optic nerve and see what he sees all the time. Signed, the NSA.

Um how? It's not going to be linked to a network unless you want it to, I'm talking about integrating Linux with the human body here  Grin Grin

DhaniBoy

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 02:48:46 AM

microchip implantation has become a trend in today's technology, the use of this technology called nanotechnology, the technology is widely used for the manufacture of smartphones, computer microchips, and others, many microchips installed on smartphones and electronic gadgets, the microchip implantation make faster performance with smaller design space or mini ...  Cool

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
oprahwindfury

Activity: 568
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 03:17:42 AM

I think microchip implantation will inevitably be the status quo in the distant future. As for the near future, I don't see it being implemented with public fears of government vouyerism. I myself would gladly volunteer for a microchip implant if it can let me do things such as monitor my health or allow me some other form of convenience that would make up for the intrusion. I think the future of humanity will move towards automation and nanotechnology. Implantation will then be par the course for the common human.

IamCANADIAN013

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 03:23:30 AM

Here is what I think.

I don't think thew will ever contribute in a positive way.  It will just be a way for big brother to watch and control our every move.  With credit, debit, and cell phones, we are almost at the point where almost every move we make is already documented in some way.  I imagine eventually being micro chipped will become mandatory at birth.

I already notice that the younger generation is a lot more agreeable to have very little privacy. I can only see it getting worse.  Eventually everyone will be open to microchip implants.  I'm glad I'll likely be dead by then, because thats not a world I want to live in. 
BitMos

Activity: 182
Merit: 123

"PLEASE SCULPT YOUR SHIT BEFORE THROWING. Thank U"

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 05:02:45 AM

please those that want to merge, please do it... you will be dissolved and not disturb us again ever after... and we can live and love naturally without you. the integration process will be painful, hazardous and risk prone... but if you do it freely... enjoy you will be a pioneer Cheesy. But don't except to get an edge over us the natural. Always remember naturals>tranhumanists and it isn't me saying it...

edit: I hope that you are still "natural" enough to understand why...

money is faster...
Bitcoin12345

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 02:25:49 PM

It is utterly shocking to me that people are even contemplating this as a positive thing. You are the turkey that is voting for Christmas, you may as well relinquish your rights and liberties now for that would be the inevitable consequence of such a move. Why would you allow other people to control you, after all, someone would have to make decisions about what chips get access to resources and which don't, which by default would mean they have power over you.
tinof

Activity: 343
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 02:29:22 PM

There need to be a tradeoff between privacy and progress.

If giving up certain data mean we can cure cancer faster, or cheaper way to bring products into the market, I am all up for it.

awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 02:34:31 PM

It is utterly shocking to me that people are even contemplating this as a positive thing. You are the turkey that is voting for Christmas, you may as well relinquish your rights and liberties now for that would be the inevitable consequence of such a move. Why would you allow other people to control you, after all, someone would have to make decisions about what chips get access to resources and which don't, which by default would mean they have power over you.

Did you make a new account just to say that?

Bitcoin12345

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 02:39:23 PM

Did you make a new account just to say that?

No, but even it that were the case why not comment on the substance of the argument rather than irrelevant questions?
Bitcoin12345

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 02:46:11 PM

If giving up certain data mean we can cure cancer faster, or cheaper way to bring products into the market, I am all up for it.

But you can give that data now if you really wanted to so you are posing a false choice.
hodap

Activity: 306
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 03:18:00 PM

But you can give that data now if you really wanted to so you are posing a false choice.

Any reason why you are not using the same account to argue?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: