Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:44:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Thoughts on microchip implants?  (Read 1779 times)
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 03:29:18 PM

At this moment I can't see any advantage. I can't extend my memory by a memory card, can't get an embedded vision improvement device, I can't get stronger and faster with some muscle enhancers. All I can get today is an RFID chip or an USB stick under my skin. Cool! Especially the RFID stuff. That would make all my movements and actions even more easily traceable, and I could get more accurate and more targeted ads... hurray!
I'd think about trading off a part of my privacy for some useful implants, but not for the currently available stuff.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitMos

Activity: 182
Merit: 123

"PLEASE SCULPT YOUR SHIT BEFORE THROWING. Thank U"

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 03:34:10 PM

No, but even it that were the case why not comment on the substance of the argument rather than irrelevant questions?

this is a cult...

money is faster...
awesome31312 (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 03:45:16 PM

At this moment I can't see any advantage. I can't extend my memory by a memory card, can't get an embedded vision improvement device, I can't get stronger and faster with some muscle enhancers. All I can get today is an RFID chip or an USB stick under my skin. Cool! Especially the RFID stuff. That would make all my movements and actions even more easily traceable, and I could get more accurate and more targeted ads... hurray!
I'd think about trading off a part of my privacy for some useful implants, but not for the currently available stuff.

The technology will only be allowed to progress if we allow it to

As for the targeted ads part, Google Glass devs aren't allowed to show ads in their apps, for a very special reason: Consumer appeal. That's right, amongst competing markets, no one would want targeted ads or collect personal information.

Account recovered 08-12-2019
BitMos

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 03:56:22 PM

What I find the most ironic is that in absolute terms would you chose the human body as the plateform for integration with silicon? Personally velocy raptor or some kind of squid... I mean not a human body... uncreative fools. Organic matter is quite performing, but lack in durability compared to inorganic matter...

money is faster...
awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 04:15:47 PM

What I find the most ironic is that in absolute terms would you chose the human body as the plateform for integration with silicon? Personally velocy raptor or some kind of squid... I mean not a human body... uncreative fools. Organic matter is quite performing, but lack in durability compared to inorganic matter...

There's so much we can accomplish with the aid of wearable technology, I can know the year Germany became independent within seconds and without needing my hands or feet (Google Voice).

BitMos

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 04:20:12 PM

And that makes your life experience more valuable?

money is faster...
arbitrage001
Legendary

Activity: 1067

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 05:11:52 PM

Can not fight the inevitable of technology progress.

Those who refuse to adopt and give up privacy will get left behind by evolution.
BitMos

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 05:35:19 PM

Using fear against an opponent is the default option... However don't confuse technological innovation and evolution.  What you miss is that once the transhumanist utopia is achieved, who will have more value? The last few natural human beings or the "drones"... organic vs inorganic... you breath o2 and emits co2? low tech... your biomass maybe called for recycling after expiration date... The Natural Ones, protected to live in harmony has the way of Mankind. The Enhanced used, like a screwdriver... Enjoy, my choice is made. You know this joke? It isn't the man that wakes up early that makes it, but the one whose employees wake up early (chipped or not). Always improving the body or the mind over the "soul", what for? Productivity? Efficiency? interesting...

money is faster...
nsimmons

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 05:37:05 PM

There's so much we can accomplish with the aid of wearable technology, I can know the year Germany became independent within seconds and without needing my hands or feet (Google Voice).

There is a massive difference between wearable technology, of which an iphone in your pocket can be classified as, and implanting id/tracking/access keys.

I was pulled over on my bicycle riding to work once for no reason. I had front/rear lights, reflectors, helmet, riding in the bike lane with no traffic. The cop wanted my drivers license. He pulled me over solely to check my ID. I threw a fit and told him I don't need a license to ride a bike and I don't live in a country that requires me to carry id.

Let me reiterate, he didn't ask me to identify myself, he wanted my drivers license explicitly. He didn't ask any other questions, like where am I going, what am I doing. He just kept saying it was 'funny' to be riding  bike at 6am on a saturday. The packed lunch and work paper weren't evidence enough as if I am even required to justify my presence on a public road

I can just imagine them driving around and plotting my position based on the rfid chip in my ass.

BitMos

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 06:43:09 PM

(I had front/rear lights, reflectors, helmet, riding in the bike lane with no traffic) ...I threw a fit and told him...

Ahhhhmerica I love thy!  Grin

money is faster...
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 06:59:20 PM

The day may come when the fetus or newborn is implanted with an onboard computer.  Monitoring health, tutoring, encyclopedia, communications, etc.  24/7 "connection".

Technology has made us more connected. We strive to be connected. Is that the ultimate goal? Will we become "one"? Will privacy and individualism matter anymore?

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 07:09:30 PM

The day may come when the fetus or newborn is implanted with an onboard computer.  Monitoring health, tutoring, encyclopedia, communications, etc.  24/7 "connection".

Technology has made us more connected. We strive to be connected. Is that the ultimate goal? Will we become "one"? Will privacy and individualism matter anymore?

I think this can quickly turn into a dystopian nightmare if data access is centralized. It would have dramatic consequences on the way people think and form consensus - group think could have potentially dangerous consequences and society's capability to innovate (often initiated by nonconformist individuals) might be severely impaired. Also it's not acceptable from an ethical point of view to implant technology into a fetus that is unaware and can't give consent.

That does not prevent society from endorsing it of course.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Bitcoin12345

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 09:43:47 PM

There need to be a tradeoff between privacy and progress.

If giving up certain data mean we can cure cancer faster, or cheaper way to bring products into the market, I am all up for it.

But you can give that data now if you really wanted to so you are posing a false choice.

Any reason why you are not using the same account to argue?

What are you talking about? I don't have multiple accounts.
BitMos

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 04:22:41 AM

I don't have multiple accounts.

Since when is it a crime to have multiple accounts?

money is faster...
awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 04:42:45 AM

Using fear against an opponent is the default option... However don't confuse technological innovation and evolution.  What you miss is that once the transhumanist utopia is achieved, who will have more value? The last few natural human beings or the "drones"... organic vs inorganic... you breath o2 and emits co2? low tech... your biomass maybe called for recycling after expiration date... The Natural Ones, protected to live in harmony has the way of Mankind. The Enhanced used, like a screwdriver... Enjoy, my choice is made. You know this joke? It isn't the man that wakes up early that makes it, but the one whose employees wake up early (chipped or not). Always improving the body or the mind over the "soul", what for? Productivity? Efficiency? interesting...

Don't use smartphones then, and hope that you'll never have to use an artificial pacemaker

negafen

Activity: 218
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 10:33:39 AM

Don't use smartphones then, and hope that you'll never have to use an artificial pacemaker

Right on point.

People placed too much emphasis on stuffs that don't really matter.
BitMos

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 10:35:33 AM

do want you want, you will be the guinea pigs... If you like it, we can use you.

money is faster...
awesome31312 (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 11:20:54 AM

do want you want, you will be the guinea pigs... If you like it, we can use you.

Again, I am talking about highly secure personalized self assistance devices where you can toggle the functions only through biometrics

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: