Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:25:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Very Rich Address?  (Read 13042 times)
Arkanos (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 08:55:22 AM

http://blockchain.info/fb/1dkybe

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 09:08:54 AM

Looks like the mtgox exchange offline wallet.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
Arkanos (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 09:13:12 AM

I suspect it is Silk Road's wallet.
Arkanos (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 09:26:09 AM

What I mean to say is that I sent btc to silk road and then I tracked the funds. They immediately went to that address. That is Silk Road's main storage. Nearly two million USD is tied up in the Silk Road Marketplace.

This account will now be thrown away.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2012, 04:18:04 PM

What I mean to say is that I sent btc to silk road and then I tracked the funds. They immediately went to that address. That is Silk Road's main storage. Nearly two million USD is tied up in the Silk Road Marketplace.

This account will now be thrown away.

Is the above information correct? (in bold)
ilovethisshit

Activity: 11

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 04:21:50 PM

wow
jarsumarsu
Donator

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 04:45:39 PM

It is my spare wallet  Roll Eyes
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2012, 04:47:30 PM

That's the address collecting all of Goat's misfires.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2012, 05:47:53 PM

It's mostly imaginary though, since it would be impossible to liquidate a sum that large without crashing the economy.  It's great they possess it, but what can they do with it?  Not much, at least not immediately.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Anillos

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 10:13:27 PM

Shocked I suspect that someone will purchase a ink cartridge, but at this moment he doesn't have enough money. Grin

Aquí puedes conseguir pequeños ahorros sin mucho esfuerzo: http://www.bitvisitor.com/?ref=1PWNAGEZ3fSM8QevUavdd2iZ9F5jkp1QHZ
Consigue algo más viendo vídeos o haciendo pequeñas tareas en Bitcoinget.com: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178692.msg2509190#msg2509190
¿necesitas un dibujo vectorial, un esquema, un diagrama...? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=183268.0
oldDirty

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

roundhouseminer

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 10:37:12 PM

uhh 1.6Mio €, thats nice.

CrunchingCulture

/// FREE ASSANGE \\\
Clipse

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 10:44:17 PM

Damn that wallet is growing nicely, SR is clearly doing well (if that is their wallet)

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
bitdragon

Activity: 609
Merit: 501

peace

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2012, 11:04:10 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

there was one guy a year ago with a balance of 370K bitcoins, accumulated over a long time.
He was buying 10K Bitcoins for dozens of USD at a time.
There was even an auction for 10K bitcoins for 50USD through paypal that did not find a buyer.
There is the history buried in the forum somewhere. The plan 2 years ago or something was to accumulate bitcoins in partnership with a Bank for some future business.
Over the months or year, the fad died out and the supposed bank dropped out without regards for and not paying any attention to the price of Bitcoins and the chap in question got to keep the bitcoins for a rather low fee of 30K USD or something in that range, cancelling the contract in someway.

To have it grown by 30K bitcoins is very possible. All this to say, there are some with very large balances. Maybe 80% of the wealth in 20% of the people as Pareto would say.

Clipse

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 11:15:16 PM

there was one guy a year ago with a balance of 370K bitcoins, accumulated over a long time.
There was even an auction for 10K bitcoins for 50USD through paypal that did not find a buyer.
There is the history buried in the forum somewhere. The plan 2 years ago or something was to accumulate bitcoins in partnership with a Bank for some future business.
Over the months or year, the fad died out and the supposed bank dropped out without regards for and not paying any attention to the price of Bitcoins and the chap in question got to keep the bitcoins for a rather low fee of 30K USD or something in that range, cancelling the contract in someway.

To have it grown by 30K bitcoins is very possible. All this to say, there are some with very large balances. Maybe 80% of the wealth in 20% of the people as Pareto would say.

The 10K BTC thread was all about pizza, I was here from very early and I dont recall any 10K for $50 unless that happened in early 2010 ?

wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
May 22, 2012, 11:26:43 PM

The address didn't start accumulating coins until February of this year:

http://blockchain.info/charts/balance?address=1DkyBEKt5S2GDtv7aQw6rQepAvnsRyHoYM
bitdragon

peace

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2012, 11:49:53 PM

The 10K BTC thread was all about pizza, I was here from very early and I dont recall any 10K for $50 unless that happened in early 2010 ?

march 2010 indeed.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=92.msg826#msg826

"April 07, 2010, 03:47:18 PM

Reply with quote  #6
Auction is over.
Since nobody has made the starting bid, the bitcoins do not change their owner."

bitdragon

peace

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2012, 12:07:27 AM

and I dug up that 371K Bitcoin thread....

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=6825.0

evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 01:26:50 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

it's pirates! 

(yes this is 100% BS FUD)

It's one of the most annoying things about this "community".  I'm not sure why people seek to undermine trust by decloaking addresses/people with large balances.  It actually makes it worse than fiat, as you can't easily look up someone's bank balances.  It seems a perverse game among people with little respect for privacy in an open ledger system, which makes it necessary for people with "nothing to hide" to go to lengths to obfuscate their holdings.

Not everyone is "sophisticated" enough to split their holdings into multiple wallets/addresses.  This sort of activity creates a disincentive to invest heavily in BTC and to pull BTC out into cash more frequently.

I understand your sentiment, but if one's identity can be "uncloaked" by simple investigation, then it's not really cloaked in the first place. Not everyone needs/wants full complete privacy. Those who do, can take steps to attain it. And certainly, anyone with 400,000 BTC is experienced enough to know these things. If they wished those funds to be super secret, then they would be. It does not take much sophistication to split holdings, or even to launder them completely.

Doing a bit of web research using publicly available information does not breech anyone's reasonable expectation of privacy.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2012, 05:02:46 AM

Let me get this straight. Somebody has amassed 4.5% of the total bitcoins in circulation. Plus, every single transaction I viewed (over 100) has a final balance of 0. If this entity is legit, more power to them. But if not...

I'm more than curious as to what product or service they are providing to amass such a large sum of coins.

~Bruno~
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2012, 05:59:49 AM

Let me get this straight. Somebody has amassed 4.5% of the total bitcoins in circulation. Plus, every single transaction I viewed (over 100) has a final balance of 0. If this entity is legit, more power to them. But if not...

I'm more than curious as to what product or service they are providing to amass such a large sum of coins.

~Bruno~

bitcoinica or gox is all that really comes to mind. that or some unknown billionaire/hedge fund.

Somebody tell me I'm crazy, but the transactions I've seen are only seconds apart with each address used only once. I can't explain it, but by clicking any transaction and following it/them for a while, I come back to Mr. MoneyBags. I've found several accounts that spent the coins and the smaller amount gets added to that 400K account--magically. Somebody smarter than I would be able to explain exactly what is going on with this account. I've been on it for a couple hours now. This is nuts!

~Bruno~
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: