Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:13:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure  (Read 1103260 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
synechist (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 10:27:02 AM

I would like to apologise for the inclusion of the "Reasons to buy Blocknet shares" paragraph in the OP.

It was not intended as investment advice, but rather as a cursory summation of fundamentals.

It has now been removed.

can u get litecoin or doge in on this

Now that could be interesting.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
burner2014

Activity: 952
Merit: 515

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 10:27:47 AM

I am a supporter of this initiative, but here's the elephant in the room.

I'm sure that I speak for most people when I say that for 2500 BTC worth of shares we would all like to see something running.  A working prototype or some sort of demonstrable technology showcasing what we can expect of a final product.

If I was buying shares in a flying car, I would like to at least see something that could float in the air as a proof of concept.

You must be new here. See: Ethereum. They literally have in their terms that the software itself may never even come to fruition, and that's part of the risk of participating in their IPO. And yet it was wildly successful.

I agree completely, but this is crypto, man. I highly doubt they'll make the 2500 from crowdfunding. What is more likely, is they have a couple people with significant bankrolls who can afford to buy out a significant share of the IPO. It's basically another way to hide a premine, they pay themselves some BTC for a significant portion of their own shares. Zero risk for them, big hype about zomg super successful IPO, etc.

The logic behind this multi-coin association is completely flawed without a technological proof-of-concept, as you said - until then it's just another token used to benefit the insiders while diminishing value of its constituent partners (the other coins). They talk a good talk, and they *will* have a successful IPO sale - the question is can you believe any of it, and the answer, as we've seen time and again in crypto - is no. Investing in the IPO is not an investment in this product, rather it's a bet that the insiders of this conglomerate have the competency and intent to use their large bankrolls and obfuscated token marketshare to pump the price up to the x4 goal they claim will be inherently  built into the design of this network. If they're savvy whales, that'd be pretty easy to do. Then they'll use that to sucker a new phase of buyers expecting the next rise, and so begins the tears for the not-so-savvy participants.

So, my point is - we won't get proof-of-concept or a demo. They don't need to give it. If they're not idiots they've *definitely* got the resources between these coin teams to self-buy and pump their own fresh IPO. Just like every other one, it's gonna be a big cash in for the insiders, a solid profit for intelligent traders, and a long line of bagholders wondering when the next update is.

Well they may show something, flashy. But now you see why Shadow chose not to be a part of this project, and why the shadow team voted the way it did.

Why do you even need tokens or ipo. If you want a real decentralized exchange you use something like bit/black halo that allows direct cross-chain trading without using a token that has to be bought first.

Common Smurf... now you really talk bad about Blocknet after that big discussion in Shadows IRC? That was not that easy that answer to not participate for ShadowCash and it was really not that BLACK and White. There are Pro's and Con's of Blocknet and ShadowCash can succeed without it but it could had also be beneficial for ShadowCash.

IPO is not that bad deal because without money you don't have ressources for IT and Marketing / PR.

Disclaimer: I am invested in Shadowcash for quite a time now..
Queeq

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 10:40:25 AM

I would like to apologise for the inclusion of the "Reasons to buy Blocknet shares" paragraph in the OP.

It was not intended as investment advice, but rather as a cursory summation of fundamentals.

It has now been removed.

Thank you for the update, but it is still unclear why Blocknet shares are needed at all.
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 10:42:33 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2018, 02:12:41 PM by synechist

It has now been removed.

Thank you for the update, but it is still unclear why Blocknet shares are needed at all.

Blocknet fees have to be paid in something right?

We're offering the community a chance to stake Blocknet fees by owning tokens.

In return, the Blocknet gets development funding.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
00Smurf

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 10:43:10 AM

I'm sure that I speak for most people when I say that for 2500 BTC worth of shares we would all like to see something running.  A working prototype or some sort of demonstrable technology showcasing what we can expect of a final product.

If I was buying shares in a flying car, I would like to at least see something that could float in the air as a proof of concept.

You must be new here. See: Ethereum. They literally have in their terms that the software itself may never even come to fruition, and that's part of the risk of participating in their IPO. And yet it was wildly successful.

I agree completely, but this is crypto, man. I highly doubt they'll make the 2500 from crowdfunding. What is more likely, is they have a couple people with significant bankrolls who can afford to buy out a significant share of the IPO. It's basically another way to hide a premine, they pay themselves some BTC for a significant portion of their own shares. Zero risk for them, big hype about zomg super successful IPO, etc.

The logic behind this multi-coin association is completely flawed without a technological proof-of-concept, as you said - until then it's just another token used to benefit the insiders while diminishing value of its constituent partners (the other coins). They talk a good talk, and they *will* have a successful IPO sale - the question is can you believe any of it, and the answer, as we've seen time and again in crypto - is no. Investing in the IPO is not an investment in this product, rather it's a bet that the insiders of this conglomerate have the competency and intent to use their large bankrolls and obfuscated token marketshare to pump the price up to the x4 goal they claim will be inherently  built into the design of this network. If they're savvy whales, that'd be pretty easy to do. Then they'll use that to sucker a new phase of buyers expecting the next rise, and so begins the tears for the not-so-savvy participants.

So, my point is - we won't get proof-of-concept or a demo. They don't need to give it. If they're not idiots they've *definitely* got the resources between these coin teams to self-buy and pump their own fresh IPO. Just like every other one, it's gonna be a big cash in for the insiders, a solid profit for intelligent traders, and a long line of bagholders wondering when the next update is.

Well they may show something, flashy. But now you see why Shadow chose not to be a part of this project, and why the shadow team voted the way it did.

Why do you even need tokens or ipo. If you want a real decentralized exchange you use something like bit/black halo that allows direct cross-chain trading without using a token that has to be bought first.

Common Smurf... now you really talk bad about Blocknet after that big discussion in Shadows IRC? That was not that easy that answer to not participate for ShadowCash and it was really not that BLACK and White. There are Pro's and Con's of Blocknet and ShadowCash can succeed without it but it could had also be beneficial for ShadowCash.

IPO is not that bad deal because without money you don't have ressources for IT and Marketing / PR.

Disclaimer: I am invested in Shadowcash for quite a time now..

I'm not talking bad, i was merely commenting on others points that they brought up while injecting my own point of view that i don't think tokens are needed in order to do currency conversions, which both supernet and blocknet use. Bit/Black halo has already shown that crosschain trading can be done without the need for a token. This is merely my opinion as a person.

If you deem my comments as "talking bad" about blocknet then im sorry your taking it that way. Besides no one ever said the answer was easy to not participate, but in the end the whole team voted unanimously not to be a part of it.

Do i as a person happen to agree with this statement that cryptolemaik posted:

"What is more likely, is they have a couple people with significant bankrolls who can afford to buy out a significant share of the IPO. It's basically another way to hide a premine, they pay themselves some BTC for a significant portion of their own shares. Zero risk for them, big hype about zomg super successful IPO, etc."

I believe his statement has some merit, and it will remain to be seen what the actual intentions are. The proof will be on release, until then all we can do is speculate and form opinions based upon what has happened in the past etc.
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 10:45:22 AM

i was merely commenting on others points that they brought up while injecting my own point of view that i don't think tokens are needed in order to do currency conversions, which both supernet and blocknet use. Bit/Black halo has already shown that crosschain trading can be done without the need for a token. This is merely my opinion as a person.

You're right, Blocknet tokens are not used for currency conversions.

They're used to allocated fee-revenue to holders.

They're also used to express the value of the Blocknet.

And, lastly, they're used to enable community-ownership of Blocknet assets.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
ndrog

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 10:46:07 AM

It has now been removed.

We're offering the community a chance to earn Blocknet fees by owning shares (tokens).

What time on the 29th should we expect the ITO to start?

dida
Legendary

SoNiC BooM

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 10:46:53 AM

Yes Ethereum is pure success  Grin
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 10:47:04 AM

It has now been removed.

We're offering the community a chance to earn Blocknet fees by owning shares (tokens).

What time on the 29th should we expect the ITO to start?

Further details will be announced as we approach the ITO.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 10:52:21 AM

I want to clarify, that although without some sort of tangible proof-of-concept I believe this is purely a vehicle for market manipulation, I also fully support this project and will be following it closely.  Grin

Personally I'd love some proof-of-concept code to be released prior to the ITO.

Part of the XBridge code is actually completed so this might be possible.

Regardless of that, the XBridge protocol is based on the Xnode protocol that XC uses. If anyone is worried about development talent or the ability to deliver, take a look at XC's timeline.

Now pool all the developer talent from all the participating coins.

This code will get nailed down good and proper.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
qawzsx

Activity: 280

NOT FUD! FACTS!

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 10:56:23 AM

coins like ppc or doge would bring a huge userbase to blocknet which is just as important as the unique and innovative features of the current blocknet coins. so this is not about neither the one or the other , both well known coins and new innovative coins can benefit from taking part in the blocknet.

but blocknet had to start somewhere and its easier to start this with smaller coin teams. when this turns out to run smoothly i think a lot of old school coins will join and they are very welcome. If you are one hosting a service like XC private transaction by holding 1k xc you welcome them with open arms.  Smiley

I think the BlockNet targets tech, not userbase. For real? Doge, gtfo with that shitcoin, it's just a plain stupid copy-paste of litecoin, no tech at all in that one.
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 10:58:48 AM

coins like ppc or doge would bring a huge userbase to blocknet which is just as important as the unique and innovative features of the current blocknet coins. so this is not about neither the one or the other , both well known coins and new innovative coins can benefit from taking part in the blocknet.

but blocknet had to start somewhere and its easier to start this with smaller coin teams. when this turns out to run smoothly i think a lot of old school coins will join and they are very welcome. If you are one hosting a service like XC private transaction by holding 1k xc you welcome them with open arms.  Smiley

I think the BlockNet targets tech, not userbase. For real? Doge, gtfo with that shitcoin, it's just a plain stupid copy-paste of litecoin, no tech at all in that one.

You're right. All current participating coins are included for their genuine (and relevant) innovation.

Personally I'm not averse to large user-bases by any means though. :-)

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
qawzsx

Activity: 280

NOT FUD! FACTS!

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 11:03:50 AM

Intelligent people do have doubts of course. I agree with this:

So, omitting bizarre revenue calculations in the OP, what would generate dividents for Blocknet share holders? Why are these shares needed in the first place? Where are they used?
Even though I am a long term XC supporter and Blocknet idea itself looks interesting, the way it is put looks like incoherent attempt to exploit greed of those not paying much attention to details or simply new to cryptos.

I am eager to be proven wrong.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7629.0

No promises, no contracts, no security.

you guys are promising 450% expected return....

i think you guys shot yourself in the foot...horribly worded op, no consideration of laws and legal structure...especially with the impending sec investigation into 4 cryptocurrencies for unregulated securities...what is wrong with you

delete the post now

Are you people that dumb and ignorant? How are they promising anything?

- BlockNET real value SHOULD equate the total combined value of every coin, mathematically, practically is another story, but still there is not promise out there
- A gain in price CAN be expected after the ITO, again I don't see any promise here. Just like you CAN expect to die from cancer in X Time, that does not mean that you will die for sure.

You people going to fast profits with something, ignoring all the real usable value with a tech, are pathetic, and you always talk about money.

I never seen a post containing an Idea, or a tech question, a vision, etc. Just plain stupid profit questions and issues.
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 11:05:49 AM

Intelligent people do have doubts of course. I agree with this:

So, omitting bizarre revenue calculations in the OP, what would generate dividents for Blocknet share holders? Why are these shares needed in the first place? Where are they used?
Even though I am a long term XC supporter and Blocknet idea itself looks interesting, the way it is put looks like incoherent attempt to exploit greed of those not paying much attention to details or simply new to cryptos.

I am eager to be proven wrong.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7629.0

No promises, no contracts, no security.

you guys are promising 450% expected return....

i think you guys shot yourself in the foot...horribly worded op, no consideration of laws and legal structure...especially with the impending sec investigation into 4 cryptocurrencies for unregulated securities...what is wrong with you

delete the post now

Are you people that dumb and ignorant? How are they promising anything?

- BlockNET real value SHOULD equate the total combined value of every coin, mathematically, practically is another story, but still there is not promise out there
- A gain in price CAN be expected after the ITO, again I don't see any promise here. Just like you CAN expect to die from cancer in X Time, that does not mean that you will die for sure.

You people going to fast profits with something, ignoring all the real usable value with a tech, are pathetic, and you always talk about money.

I never seen a post containing an Idea, or a tech question, a vision, etc. Just plain stupid profit questions and issues.

Hear hear.

And for the record, the paragraph in the OP pertaining to profits has been removed.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
hoertest

Activity: 882

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 11:06:21 AM

i wouldn't mind the doge users to increase my possible Xmixer income one bit. i'm not forced to use doge just cause they join the blocknet. the bigger it gets the better.
mxxxxxx
Legendary

Activity: 2310

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 11:09:19 AM
Last edit: October 21, 2014, 11:39:48 AM by mxxxxxx

A little summary for some important questions and answers :

It has now been removed.

i was merely commenting on others points that they brought up while injecting my own point of view that i don't think tokens are needed in order to do currency conversions, which both supernet and blocknet use. Bit/Black halo has already shown that crosschain trading can be done without the need for a token. This is merely my opinion as a person.

You're right, Blocknet tokens are not used for currency conversions.

They're used to allocated fee-revenue to holders.

They're also used to express the value of the Blocknet.

And, lastly, they're used to enable community-ownership of Blocknet assets.

I want to clarify, that although without some sort of tangible proof-of-concept I believe this is purely a vehicle for market manipulation, I also fully support this project and will be following it closely.  Grin

Personally I'd love some proof-of-concept code to be released prior to the ITO.

Part of the XBridge code is actually completed so this might be possible.

Regardless of that, the XBridge protocol is based on the Xnode protocol that XC uses. If anyone is worried about development talent or the ability to deliver, take a look at XC's timeline.

Now pool all the developer talent from all the participating coins.

This code will get nailed down good and proper.

but blocknet had to start somewhere and its easier to start this with smaller coin teams. when this turns out to run smoothly i think a lot of old school coins will join and they are very welcome. If you are one hosting a service like XC private transaction by holding 1k xc you welcome them with open arms.  Smiley

You're right. All current participating coins are included for their genuine (and relevant) innovation.

Personally I'm not averse to large user-bases by any means though. :-)

killakem

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 11:30:31 AM

^^ Thanks Mxxxxxx!

Dont forget you get a 10% discount on the ITO price when purchasing with participating coins. There's surely some profits to be made on the deal.

Regards
Killa

FIBRE Thread

Fibre Twitter
bitwhizz
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 11:39:47 AM

watch
EmilioMann
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 11:48:51 AM

^^ Thanks Mxxxxxx!

Dont forget you get a 10% discount on the ITO price when purchasing with participating coins. There's surely some profits to be made on the deal.

Regards
Killa

FIBRE Thread

Fibre Twitter

How i get this discount? Thanks
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 11:50:51 AM

^^ Thanks Mxxxxxx!

Regards
Killa

FIBRE Thread

Fibre Twitter

How i get this discount? Thanks

Buy Blocknet tokens with any participating currency.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: