Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:44:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 [243] 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure  (Read 1103260 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
WhiteNotWright

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Fibre Knight

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 12:18:48 PM

It's funny how all the trolls show up at the same time and with the same general premise, too attempt to discredit this project. Obviously it has legs, that much is clear.

Yes, the timing is interesting.

As is the fact that some of the people involved in the smear campaign were using multiple accounts to make it appear to have more collective opinion behind it (eg. DanIsDone, Unicornfarts and rdnkjdi: same person).

Thanks, fudsters. A co-ordinated attack is a good sign that the FUD is organised, somewhat centralised, and not a grassroots phenomenon.

I think they were hoping we wouldn't notice lol.

"Give me fuel, give me FIBRE, give me that which I desire."
https://twitter.com/whitenotwright

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Revelation

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 12:26:49 PM

It is not legal (moreover it is not ethical) to use the ask price on the most illiquid market to defend the claim that the market price is 38k.

Here's the point: I did not claim that the market price is 38k.

That post was in response to another claim that the price was 18k or something.
My statement was purely drawing attention to the spread, in order to assert that due to illiquidity, it's incorrect to straightforwardly quote the price on Polo and thereby assert that the market has dropped.

So I did not claim the price was 38k, I claimed that another person's claim that the market was dumping was incorrect, due to him not having taken illiquidity into account.

But do you see what you're doing? You're taking my statements out of context and then misinterpreting them in order to support your claim that I'm unethical.

I haven't taken the statement out of context. Polo and Bittrex price is indeed around 20k (market price, mid-price, volume-weighted average - pick your favorite measure). Bter is illiquid market and it doesn't represent true market picture. Bter mid-price and ask price is significantly higher compared to two active markets, however it is unethical to use Bter as it shows a false picture. Moreover, it is illegal (if you would have to defend your claim in the courts that "it's incorrect to straightforwardly quote the price on Polo and thereby assert that the market has dropped"). Market has dropped by any measure.

Your claim is that "the market price didn't drop", I've used 38k for the purpose of my courts example.
WhiteNotWright

Activity: 196

Fibre Knight

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 12:28:34 PM

Oh hi Spoetnik.

You're banned.

Bye.

nice lol

"Give me fuel, give me FIBRE, give me that which I desire."
https://twitter.com/whitenotwright
synechist (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 12:31:33 PM

It is not legal (moreover it is not ethical) to use the ask price on the most illiquid market to defend the claim that the market price is 38k.

My statement was purely drawing attention to the spread, in order to assert that due to illiquidity, it's incorrect to straightforwardly quote the price on Polo and thereby assert that the market has dropped.

So I did not claim the price was 38k, I claimed that another person's claim that the market was dumping was incorrect, due to him not having taken illiquidity into account.

But do you see what you're doing? You're taking my statements out of context and then misinterpreting them in order to support your claim that I'm unethical.

I haven't taken the statement out of context. Polo and Bittrex price is indeed around 20k (market price, mid-price, volume-weighted average - pick your favorite measure). Bter is illiquid market and it doesn't represent true market picture. Bter mid-price and ask price is significantly higher compared to two active markets, however it is unethical to use Bter as it shows a false picture. Moreover, it is illegal (if you would have to defend your claim in the courts that "it's incorrect to straightforwardly quote the price on Polo and thereby assert that the market has dropped"). Market has dropped by any measure.

A false picture of what? The inter-exchange spread? Because that's what I was pointing out.

It's an empirical fact that the spread between exchanges extended to 38k at that point in time.

Therefore I was not being unethical.

What's it gonna take before you get it through your head that I wasn't quoting the market price? Your negative disposition toward me is clearly clouding your judgement.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Cryptoleonardo

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 12:38:04 PM

wow price of Block has dropped a lot. Im glad I got my refund. So whats going on here guys? Cliff notes  Huh

We Won. Next question?

You've not answered my question. I asked for cliff's..

synechist?

It's up 55% from the ITO price on Bter.

And what about the drop to 0.00018487 on Bittrex?

Not that this is advice, but, uh, buy on Bittrex and sell on Bter?

Low liquidity. Prices diverge. It means neither a drop nor a rise if it's within the cross-exchange spread.

No, I'm asking, why are people selling below cost? Is it a lack of confidence in Blocknet?

Better question is that why people don't sell when bittrex do a buy wall for it Smiley
Revelation

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 12:39:05 PM

A false picture of what? The inter-exchange spread? Because that's what I was pointing out.

It's an empirical fact that the spread between exchanges extended to 38k at that point in time.

Therefore I was not being unethical.

What's it gonna take before you get it through your head that I wasn't quoting the market price? Your negative disposition toward me is clearly clouding your judgement.

I am not disposed negatively toward you, however it bothers me how you are using ethics in defending your position or accusing others and yet at the same time you refuse to acknowledge that you are not making ethical claims.
You were claiming that one cannot say "the market price has dropped" because on Bter the ask price is high. These type of claims are bothersome.
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 12:44:50 PM

wow price of Block has dropped a lot. Im glad I got my refund. So whats going on here guys? Cliff notes  Huh

We Won. Next question?

You've not answered my question. I asked for cliff's..

synechist?

It's up 55% from the ITO price on Bter.

And what about the drop to 0.00018487 on Bittrex?

Not that this is advice, but, uh, buy on Bittrex and sell on Bter?

Low liquidity. Prices diverge. It means neither a drop nor a rise if it's within the cross-exchange spread.

No, I'm asking, why are people selling below cost? Is it a lack of confidence in Blocknet?

Better question is that why people don't sell when bittrex do a buy wall for it Smiley

Because they'd all just bought BLOCK in order to for the Blocknet to launch.

Enough people think that the Blocknet has great potential for the future - enough potential for them to take on market exposure during the coming months.

It's a simple calculation for long term investors:

- buy BLOCK until the ITO reaches its minimum threshold, or else the Blocknet won't exist

- if we don't buy, we have no opportunity for gains

- if we do buy, we may make a short-term loss, but without making a short-term loss there'll be no long-term gains.

- therefore buy during the ITO.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 12:48:05 PM

I am not disposed negatively toward you, however it bothers me how you are using ethics in defending your position or accusing others and yet at the same time you refuse to acknowledge that you are not making ethical claims.
You were claiming that one cannot say "the market price has dropped" because on Bter the ask price is high. These type of claims are bothersome.

You just changed your argument from:

"Synechist is unethically using Bter to quote the market price"

to:

"Synechist is bothersomely quoting Bter to argue against claims that the market price has dropped a lot."

You just shifted the goalposts. You saw that your line of argument has insufficient basis and then tried to switch to another line of attack.

That's game over in my favour. End of discussion.

Now if you'd kindly go to that FUD thread and supply some reasons why you think I'm unethical, perhaps there'll be grounds to pursue discussion with you. But for the time being, there aren't.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Dungor

Activity: 178

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 12:49:48 PM

I'm not sure, but Mr. Obama would be mistaken if he were to think that the internet fell under US jurisdiction.

It's a continual source of bafflement to me that US institutions so often appear unaware of their merely national authority.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/feb/28/seven-people-keys-worldwide-internet-security-web

The internet as we know is placed in the US, it is way more centralized than most people know. This is why we need blockchain tech on a platform other than the big fiber lines infrastructure.

XChat XZFT9YxW9Uhv4R5yoWgUmYhAzqP5qVuZp8
Public Key 288p7Jom8LvQ1UNVgc7H7wzpZoQkqLdtqfR7Ls4Bgo3Mz
G-Bert

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 12:54:37 PM

End of discussion.

Good.

Surely you got more important things to be doing than this pointless argument Syn?

Didn't you say yesterday something along the lines of "The more time spent on here, the less spent on developments & updates"?

XChat XJkVnYD4N4oSjNStgbAUD6UyWuBTWuMRgv
public key  fuYPYmK4Sj57PkU2NKg1gKW91euMKkstQPeeexUcxnb8
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 12:56:49 PM

End of discussion.

Good.

Surely you got more important things to be doing than this pointless argument Syn?

Didn't you say yesterday something along the lines of "The more time spent on here, the less spent on developments & updates"?

Yes I do, but I invited Revelation into respectful dialogue two days ago. I'm doing my best to honour it.

(Also I've been awaiting some information before I can carry on with what I'm actually working on, so there was a gap here. Not to say it wasn't a tedious way to spend my time!)

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Revelation

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 01:37:14 PM

You just changed your argument from:

"Synechist is unethically using Bter to quote the market price"

to:

"Synechist is bothersomely quoting Bter to argue against claims that the market price has dropped a lot."

You just shifted the goalposts. You saw that your line of argument has insufficient basis and then tried to switch to another line of attack.

That's game over in my favour. End of discussion.

Now if you'd kindly go to that FUD thread and supply some reasons why you think I'm unethical, perhaps there'll be grounds to pursue discussion with you. But for the time being, there aren't.

Common, are you really serious? I am saying that you cannot use Bter at all to make any price claims, regardless of what the claims are. I used market price as an example, whereas your claim was about price drop. To me there isn't much difference, both claims are about market price and it is not ethical to use Bter at all in these discussions.
Moreover, what I am saying is not about the success of the project, therefore it cannot constitute FUD. Stop making false accusations and please stop using the word ethics.
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 01:51:59 PM

hashtag101, you're just shouting at people.

When you start joining in a conversation - and doing so in a manner that respects the perspective of others - then you'll be welcome here.

For now, you are banned

Edit: same goes for you BlackWidow. Go create another newbie account.
Edit: Revelation, I said that the discussion is over. You shifted the goalposts and that's the end of it. I'm not willing to continue the discussion. If you would like to resume our other discussion (in that FUD thread) by supplying a single reason why you think I'm unethical, then do so. But we're done here.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
cryptico

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 01:57:13 PM

Is there anyone in Here from the other coins communities? I'm seeing just XC and Fibre people...mainly XC.

I would like to know a bit more why they support their coin that is in the block-net and what is their selling point and what they bring to market.

thx

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
dan7777777

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 02:00:16 PM

I'm not sure, but Mr. Obama would be mistaken if he were to think that the internet fell under US jurisdiction.

It's a continual source of bafflement to me that US institutions so often appear unaware of their merely national authority.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/feb/28/seven-people-keys-worldwide-internet-security-web

The internet as we know is placed in the US, it is way more centralized than most people know. This is why we need blockchain tech on a platform other than the big fiber lines infrastructure.

How could this happen.  Could websites be built inside the blocknet somehow? Web 3.0?
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 02:03:02 PM

How could this happen.  Could websites be built inside the blocknet somehow? Web 3.0?

XC should commence developing its web 3.0 distributed content server very soon. It'll serve anything from webpages, ads, and personal files from XC nodes.

And of course any Blocknet-enabled node will be able to use this service.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
G-Bert

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 02:10:25 PM

Is there anyone in Here from the other coins communities? I'm seeing just XC and Fibre people...mainly XC.

I would like to know a bit more why they support their coin that is in the block-net and what is their selling point and what they bring to market.

thx

Very good point!

I see very little from any other community in here.

I'd also like to know what the other coins are doing to contribute to blocknet & its development.

XChat XJkVnYD4N4oSjNStgbAUD6UyWuBTWuMRgv
public key  fuYPYmK4Sj57PkU2NKg1gKW91euMKkstQPeeexUcxnb8
dan7777777

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 02:11:11 PM

XC should commence developing its web 3.0 distributed content server very soon. It'll serve anything from webpages, ads, and personal files from XC nodes.

Great. Is there a thread here where I can read up on xc and web 3.0 a bit more?
cryptico

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 02:12:34 PM

http://xc-official.com/xc-pioneers-web-3.0-with-blockchain-based-content-delivery.html

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 02:12:47 PM

Yes, XC's thread is here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=630547.0

And the press release on the distributed content server is here: http://downloads.xc-official.com/images/14-08-22%20XC%20pioneers%20Web%203.0%20with%20blockchain-based%20content%20delivery.pdf

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Pages: « 1 ... 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 [243] 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: