Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:46:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 [402] 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure  (Read 1103262 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
landwind

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 09:07:23 PM

I get this Sad. Got  OSX wallet

Cannot open wallet dump file (code -8)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
88flaminchevy

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 09:09:52 PM

Hey Guys.... Blocknet got a mention on Youtube by Carter Thomas at Coin Mastery https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYZsadeiTb0.  I know a lot of people that follow him and I think his input is very valuable to the project especially now that it's on the rise.  He currently has 18K followers!  He seemed pretty interested in Blocknet and it's use case, but he has one big issue was transparency with the development team.  To be honest, it's never really bothered me as a long time investor until now that he just mentioned it.  I've been investing in and watching Blocknet since the beginning in 2014.  In the last 3-6 months I've noticed that all the new coins that are really taking off and new ICO's are putting faces to the project.  I think this is something that has definitely changed and something that the Blocknet team should change too.  I think in the past with government regulation and such, developers were afraid to step in front of the camera for whatever reason.  I think now that mass adoption is occurring and people with big money are entering the market, this is something that needs to change for Blocknet to increase investor confidence.  I don't really see any negative drawback's to not doing it as there may have been in the past.  Again, that's my $.02, but I think the point is really valid.  I'm a member of the Slack group, so I'll probably pop over there at some point and mention it.

Again, in my opinion, we got a good mention on Youtube and I'm pretty sure more will follow soon!  I hope we keep up the solid momentum and Blocknet continues on it's upward trend!!  My holding is getting crazy valuable, but I still don't see any reason to let it go!!          
synechist (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 09:57:30 PM

Hey Guys.... Blocknet got a mention on Youtube by Carter Thomas at Coin Mastery https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYZsadeiTb0.  I know a lot of people that follow him and I think his input is very valuable to the project especially now that it's on the rise.  He currently has 18K followers!  He seemed pretty interested in Blocknet and it's use case, but he has one big issue was transparency with the development team.  To be honest, it's never really bothered me as a long time investor until now that he just mentioned it.  I've been investing in and watching Blocknet since the beginning in 2014.  In the last 3-6 months I've noticed that all the new coins that are really taking off and new ICO's are putting faces to the project.  I think this is something that has definitely changed and something that the Blocknet team should change too.  I think in the past with government regulation and such, developers were afraid to step in front of the camera for whatever reason.  I think now that mass adoption is occurring and people with big money are entering the market, this is something that needs to change for Blocknet to increase investor confidence.  I don't really see any negative drawback's to not doing it as there may have been in the past.  Again, that's my $.02, but I think the point is really valid.  I'm a member of the Slack group, so I'll probably pop over there at some point and mention it.

Again, in my opinion, we got a good mention on Youtube and I'm pretty sure more will follow soon!  I hope we keep up the solid momentum and Blocknet continues on it's upward trend!!  My holding is getting crazy valuable, but I still don't see any reason to let it go!!          

Thanks for telling us about that video!

Yes, our identities have been public since before we founded the Blocknet:
- Arlyn Culwick (me): https://www.linkedin.com/in/arlynculwick/
- Dan Metcalf: https://www.linkedin.com/in/dan-metcalf-b821a812/

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
88flaminchevy

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 10:29:01 PM

I think Carter was more or less saying there was nothing on the website that he could find, that said who the developers are and what projects they have been involved with.  My advise would be to implement some small changes on the website to make that information more accessible and transparent.  Again, I think it creates investor confidence and shows there isn't anything to hide.  Also now that it's been mention by someone a lot of people are following, it would be great to see it changed so anyone looking back or researching the coin will see the concerns were heard and addressed.  His comparison to ARK was very apparent where it shows the development team, pictures of them and what experience they have to hep the coin move forward.

Again, I think we are on the way up and we need investor support.  Anything that could help that should be implemented.  I'm sure it's an easy change for you guys to the website.   
synechist (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2017, 10:36:10 PM

I think Carter was more or less saying there was nothing on the website that he could find, that said who the developers are and what projects they have been involved with.  My advise would be to implement some small changes on the website to make that information more accessible and transparent.  Again, I think it creates investor confidence and shows there isn't anything to hide.  Also now that it's been mention by someone a lot of people are following, it would be great to see it changed so anyone looking back or researching the coin will see the concerns were heard and addressed.  His comparison to ARK was very apparent where it shows the development team, pictures of them and what experience they have to hep the coin move forward.

Again, I think we are on the way up and we need investor support.  Anything that could help that should be implemented.  I'm sure it's an easy change for you guys to the website.   

Yes, you're right.

On the other hand, that guy really didn't do his research.
For example, our tech is (a) actually real, and working, and (b) truly decentralized. That can't be said of ARK, and if he knew that it would've changed his assessment completely.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
88flaminchevy

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 10:43:49 PM

Hey Arlyn, 100% agree on that!!  I have no interest in ARK personally because there isn't anything real or solid there yet.  I'm just looking at whatever could create more investor confidence in Blocknet.  Also I think it says a lot when someone gives criticism and you listen and change.  It's possible Carter might even take a second look at Blocknet and see it's far beyond ARK, all because you've made those simple changes.  Any recommendation from someone with a bunch of followers is a good thing!!
B RAD LEE

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 12:18:40 AM

How big of a gamble do you think it is to buy Block now? At $30. I try not to buy tops these days. Seems to me there is a pretty good chance of it dropping back down. I dunno, maybe to .005 / $23?

Congrats to devs and others who got in early!

That will be me someday!  Cheesy
Johnny00

Activity: 896
Merit: 553

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 01:41:33 AM

As most crypto it is very volatile. try some low bids.

|
We plan to invest over
$1 billion in the regulated, licensed,
and legal businesses to build the IOB Mesh
|
Same Token,IOB
Multiple Regulated
Security Token
ICOs Across the World.
|
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
GITHUB
REDDIT
中文电报群
MEDIUM
BITCOINTALK
LINKEDIN
88flaminchevy

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 02:56:00 AM

How big of a gamble do you think it is to buy Block now? At $30. I try not to buy tops these days. Seems to me there is a pretty good chance of it dropping back down. I dunno, maybe to .005 / $23?

Congrats to devs and others who got in early!

That will be me someday!  Cheesy

That would depend on your ability to hold long term. Once we get into the weekend, if the price is still over $20, that's means we've established a new level of support in the $20-30 level.  I actually believe we will continue to see slow growth over next 3-6 months which is actually what we want to happen.  These big swings draw traders into the market and those are not really the people blocknet is looking to attract.  Slow and steady growth will bring institutional investment which is what Blocknet really needs.  I would set a large buy order in at $25 and smaller ones now at the current price buying any small dips you see.  Once your in, stash the coins away on a wallet staking and leave them be for a long while.
landwind

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 07:54:54 AM

I get this Sad. Got  OSX wallet

Cannot open wallet dump file (code -8)

Does someone have the Same issue?
Lautrer

Activity: 141

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2017, 08:24:06 AM

@landwind: this occurs at the dumpwallet command?

Did you already save your private key?

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▶▶▶▶ Get Your Free Tokens Now ◀◀◀◀  First PoS Smart Contract Token
    PoSToken       Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
truxton

Activity: 771
Merit: 521

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 09:23:08 AM

for everyone:

Steps for migrating from old chain to new chain

backup your wallet.dat before you doing anything (make 2 separate copies)
    unlock wallet from the UI (fully unlocked, not just for staking)
    Use the debug console and type dumpwallet filename.txt (replace "filename.txt" with a name of your choice). The file will be located in the directory you launched the wallet from

Download New Wallet

launch wallet
    in debug console importwallet filename.txt replace filename.txt with that you used with the dumpwallet command
    verify addresses
    via debug console type listreceivedbyaddress 0 true

When to move your wallet.dat and start using the new wallet

it is not important when you download the new wallet, sync up, and move your wallet.dat to its directory.
    however, your new wallet's balance will remain zero until the migration on 1 September.
    a snapshot will be taken on 1 September, after the final block on the old chain. The first block to be created after 08:00 PDT (15:00 UTC) shall be the final block.
    once the snapshot is applied to the new chain, your balance will reflect in the new wallet
    you can expect (centralized) exchanges to re-enable trading once they have confirmed that the new chain is functioning as expected.

Funds will arrive on Sept 1

Or...

Bittrex and Nova Exchanges

Alternatively, you can just leave your Block in Bittrex or Nova exchanges where there will be a 1:1 swap to the new production chain. Wait for the swap and then download the new desktop wallet which will be available by then and send your Block to it. More info here: https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001259692-Support-for-the-Blocknet-BLOCK-blockchain-upgrade Or join slack for more info http://blocknet.herokuapp.com/

landwind

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 09:50:38 AM

@landwind: this occurs at the dumpwallet command?

Did you already save your private key?

I saved the Wallet dat twice and  unlocked Not only for staking with my chosen Password .

This Happens when i Type in the dumpwallet command

Thx 
landwind

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 09:53:36 AM

for everyone:

Steps for migrating from old chain to new chain

backup your wallet.dat before you doing anything (make 2 separate copies)
    unlock wallet from the UI (fully unlocked, not just for staking)
    Use the debug console and type dumpwallet filename.txt (replace "filename.txt" with a name of your choice). The file will be located in the directory you launched the wallet from

Download New Wallet

launch wallet
    in debug console importwallet filename.txt replace filename.txt with that you used with the dumpwallet command
    verify addresses
    via debug console type listreceivedbyaddress 0 true

When to move your wallet.dat and start using the new wallet

it is not important when you download the new wallet, sync up, and move your wallet.dat to its directory.
    however, your new wallet's balance will remain zero until the migration on 1 September.
    a snapshot will be taken on 1 September, after the final block on the old chain. The first block to be created after 08:00 PDT (15:00 UTC) shall be the final block.
    once the snapshot is applied to the new chain, your balance will reflect in the new wallet
    you can expect (centralized) exchanges to re-enable trading once they have confirmed that the new chain is functioning as expected.

Funds will arrive on Sept 1

Or...

Bittrex and Nova Exchanges

Alternatively, you can just leave your Block in Bittrex or Nova exchanges where there will be a 1:1 swap to the new production chain. Wait for the swap and then download the new desktop wallet which will be available by then and send your Block to it. More info here: https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001259692-Support-for-the-Blocknet-BLOCK-blockchain-upgrade Or join slack for more info http://blocknet.herokuapp.com/

Seems to risky for me . I could send tonight, thats too Close
afrorc

Activity: 22

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 10:19:23 AM

So only two devs? I read somewhere that there is much more..
Lautrer

Activity: 141

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2017, 12:10:32 PM

There are 3 or 4 new ones, but their names are still not made public!

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▶▶▶▶ Get Your Free Tokens Now ◀◀◀◀  First PoS Smart Contract Token
    PoSToken       Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
whale_shark

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 12:13:38 PM

If you look at top 20 coins like QTUM etc etc they only have 1-2 devs.

Its a none issue really as Blocknet is almost 100% finished
atcsecure

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2017, 01:58:05 PM

Blocknets DX Wallet is ready and available at - https://github.com/BlocknetDX/BlockDX/releases

- All builds are done via gitian and are automated
- For setting up a servicenode, 5k block is required - see https://github.com/BlocknetDX/blocknet-docs/blob/master/blocknetDXservice-node.md for setup details.
- Since developers contribute 24/7 to the code base (5 devs total currently ) - Expect rapid releases as new features are added

- For support or questions please reach out on slack - https://theblocknet.slack.com

-Dan-

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
hoan281

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 02:23:28 PM

ear all, please if you have any method to help me this case. I just download the wallet, send all 43 block there, and encryp the wallet with the passphrase, save the backup file. Just stupid me I forcefully restart the computer and the word file which I type passpharse hasn't auto saved, anybody can help me please. I look at those figure in my wallet without possible of doing anything
Lyricz
Legendary

Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 02:50:13 PM

Blocknets DX Wallet is ready and available at - https://github.com/BlocknetDX/BlockDX/releases

- All builds are done via gitian and are automated
- For setting up a servicenode, 5k block is required - see https://github.com/BlocknetDX/blocknet-docs/blob/master/blocknetDXservice-node.md for setup details.
- Since developers contribute 24/7 to the code base (5 devs total currently ) - Expect rapid releases as new features are added

- For support or questions please reach out on slack - https://theblocknet.slack.com

-Dan-

Hey Dan,
is it also possible at the moment to open my old wallet.dat from XCurrency in the new Blocknet wallet or this this part of a latter update?
-it it is possible now, can you give me al short step-by-step manual ?

THX
Pages: « 1 ... 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 [402] 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: