Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:03:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 [358] 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure  (Read 1103262 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
commenter

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 09:58:00 PM

No. What I mean is, if you go to Bittrex to try to buy enough Block to become a node the price would be pushed up to .0015 (more or less) because there's not enough block available at the lower prices to become a node.

I meant the release of the exchange. Can you delete that comment please. I guess the exchange is working.

I think what they are talking about is that the node feature will be ready in four weeks to mid summer.

Question does this mean in four weeks to mid summer after the hard fork nodes wil be paid trade fees

from transactions on the exchange. Also, will the new user interface be ready in three to six months.

If the exchange is working now I will download it and get it going. I'm going to start using it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 10:05:55 PM

No. What I mean is, if you go to Bittrex to try to buy enough Block to become a node the price would be pushed up to .0015 (more or less) because there's not enough block available at the lower prices to become a node.

I meant the release of the exchange. Can you delete that comment please. I guess the exchange is working.

I think what they are talking about is that the node feature will be ready in four weeks to mid summer.

Question does this mean in four weeks to mid summer after the hard fork nodes wil be paid trade fees

from transactions on the exchange. Also, will the new user interface be ready in three to six months.

If the exchange is working now I will download it and get it going. I'm going to start using it.

But who will you exchange with even if you start using it. The UI is the main factor here. Most will not even try to use it without a good UI.

This should not take 6 months. A UI should be a month at most if the person is allocating full resources to it. Who is doing the UI?

commenter

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 10:06:24 PM

I meant the release of the exchange

Oh I've read it on here a few pages back mid summer in less then 4 weeks hold on I will find it.

Just wanna clarify the details of this:

Quick clarification on this one:

- yes, a hard fork is planned soon. 4 to 8 weeks should  be about right.

- this hard fork is in order to add OP_CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY to the Blocknet's chain.

- the functionality this will enable is trade fee collection and distribution by service nodes

- this is not "a production launch" in a general sense of the term. But it is the laying of infrastructure for service nodes, which is pretty big news for all the people buying multiples of 5000 BLOCK to run one of the first services in the world to exist as part of the token ecosystem.

Any rough rough production launch target date?

That's not how we are developing the Blocknet.

This is how we're doing it:

- it's live and working (maturity: "MVP")

- outstanding core features/"infrastructure" come first

- key features for the market come next

- and we'll just keep building from there

The idea of a "production release" doesn't make sense in this space for multiple reasons. Firstly, there's no server room or cloud production environment. Secondly, we're doing continuous deployment, not releasing software on, say, DVDs like Windows XP. Thirdly, we're working in an "agile" way where we knock off little milestones at a time, and just keep demonstrating progress. (Software development works quite well this way.) Finally, you can already use the decentralised exchange right now.

Ok I get it now, sorry, so the exchange is up and running. The user interface is bieng worked on and should be ready in the next three to six months. The hard fork in 4 weeks to midsummer will enable nodes to collect trade fees from the exchange. Is this correct ?
gerdab

Activity: 686
Merit: 266

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 01:55:57 AM

so we need 6 months to make ui and 6 months to make send's button. that's great.
we can close this topic and create a new one after one year. Grin
don't forget us BLOCK 'll back in one year  Grin
commenter

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 02:44:53 AM
Last edit: May 15, 2017, 04:10:24 AM by commenter

How do you buy a node ?

Maybe stupid question but I just bought BLOCK so...

Thanks

- buy 5000 BLOCK
- download the latest Blocknet wallet from http://builds.xcurrency.co/blocknet/Build/
- download wallets of coins that you want to accept trade fees from
- follow the setup guide here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1M65hM03tX16FXN-X-30ETWq21WkWts1TxQXv-LR32AU/edit?usp=sharing

So basically this is the setup instructions on how to use the exchange.

Is the setup the same for all coins or do only the coins in the instructions work ?

Instructions say to use single box over local host what does that mean ?

According to the instructions, users can exchange tokens, assets, and utilise smart contracts between blockchains.

When will users be able to create contracts and assets through Blocknet between other blockchains.

I see potential with two computers someone could set up an exchange on a computer. Run the wallets of coins you want to trade on that computer, and keep cold wallets on another computer. Then transfer only the coins you want to trade into the other computer, not worrying about exchangings.

I will try it this week !
Jumanji7

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 08:10:31 AM

After the finished tech is out with UI how the integration of new coins will be made? Will the devs of the interested coins be able to list their coins on dx themselves or they must seek the authorization from Blocknet`s dev for this?
truxton

Activity: 771
Merit: 521

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 09:23:54 AM

But who will you exchange with even if you start using it. The UI is the main factor here. Most will not even try to use it without a good UI.

This should not take 6 months. A UI should be a month at most if the person is allocating full resources to it. Who is doing the UI?

Hi. I think you have  the wrong information here and don't have the whole picture.  Come and join the slack where you can get up to date on some of the things you mentioned.  That way, incorrect info is not propagated.  Smiley
truxton

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 09:26:16 AM

so we need 6 months to make ui and 6 months to make send's button. that's great.

This is not correct.   Come and join the slack to get the correct info and up to date news. Propagating incorrect info helps no one. Smiley
synechist (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2017, 10:38:47 AM

After the finished tech is out with UI how the integration of new coins will be made? Will the devs of the interested coins be able to list their coins on dx themselves or they must seek the authorization from Blocknet`s dev for this?

Your question has largely been answered in our AMA already.

https://www.reddit.com/r/theblocknet/comments/676buj/ask_anything_about_blocknet_qa/dgt8izo/

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
greyskies

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 03:32:09 PM

https://www.reddit.com/r/theblocknet/comments/676buj/ask_anything_about_blocknet_qa/dgt8izo/

What about coins such as NXT, Ether, Golem, Augar, Ripple, NEM that lack a OP_CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY? Are those a blank "no" or is it possible? Smiley
greyskies

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 03:32:56 PM

This is not correct.   Come and join the slack to get the correct info and up to date news. Propagating incorrect info helps no one. Smiley

All of his comments in this topic are sarcastic troll attempts, don't waste your time.
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2017, 03:56:17 PM

interesting project ...

very interested in how it all works ... need some time to read and digest ...

will definitely be watching ...

#crysx

commenter

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 04:42:05 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2017, 04:54:55 PM by commenter

I don't think you need authorization.

Double check for your self because I'm extremely tired and busy, but what I understood from the instructions is that the coins the Dev is adding are automated so you do not have to add them manually.

Any other coin with Jsupport for OP_CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY and JSON RPC interface from Bitcoin Core can be added manually to the exchange, but read it yourself and check with Devs I'm unsure until I try it my self.

Here's the link with the information posted by grey skies.

I'm going to join the slack conversation and tinker with it my self, later tommorow.
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2017, 04:53:57 PM

Double check for your self because I'm extremely tired and busy, but what I understood from the instructions is that the coins the Dev is adding are automated so you do not have to add them manually.

Any other coin with Jsupport for OP_CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY and JSON RPC interface from Bitcoin Core can be added  be added manually to the exchange, but read it yourself and check with Devs I'm unsure until I try it my self.

I'm going to join the slack conversation and tinker with it my self, later tommorow

No authorisation is required.
No coding is required.

If a coin supports OP_CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY and has a stock JSON RPC interface, it will "just work."

We're building infrastructure; in my view you shouldn't need permission to use infrastructure.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2017, 04:56:11 PM

What about coins such as NXT, Ether, Golem, Augar, Ripple, NEM that lack a OP_CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY? Are those a blank "no" or is it possible? Smiley

Golem, Augur, and other Ethereum-based projects will become interoperable when we build an Ethereum integration.

The current plan is to leverage 0X to do this, and thus gain robust support on the ERC20 side of things.

Any dev can contribute to our project to add support for anything else. It's open source, after all.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
commenter

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 05:01:26 PM

Any other coin with Jsupport for OP_CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY and JSON RPC interface from Bitcoin Core can be added  be added manually to the exchange, but read it yourself and check with Devs I'm unsure until I try it my self.

I'm going to join the slack conversation and tinker with it my self, later tommorow

No coding is required.

If a coin supports OP_CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY and has a stock JSON RPC interface, it will "just work."

We're building infrastructure; in my view you shouldn't need permission to use infrastructure.

That alone is a huge deal. When the node fees are ready.

Nodes will be able to collect trade fees on the ICOs released on the platform.

This should be a very simple way to release an ICO. Any one who builds a coin that supports 

OP_CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY and has a stock JSON RPC interface can launch it on the platform.

truxton

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 05:56:37 PM

Any other coin with Jsupport for OP_CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY and JSON RPC interface from Bitcoin Core can be added  be added manually to the exchange, but read it yourself and check with Devs I'm unsure until I try it my self.

No coding is required.

That alone is a huge deal. When the node fees are ready.

Nodes will be able to collect trade fees on the ICOs released on the platform.

This should be a very simple way to release an ICO. Any one who builds a coin that supports 

OP_CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY and has a stock JSON RPC interface can launch it on the platform.

This is a great point that I have not seen mentioned that much before.
truxton

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 05:59:01 PM

Cryptocurrencies need decentralized exchanges like the dark ages needed vaccines.

Every person in the crypto community will be uncomfortably familiar with ongoing exchange theft, attack, and fraud.
One in sixteen Bitcoins have been stolen.
As Poloniex demonstrated recently, centralised servers are vulnerable to DDOS attacks, or occasionally just cannot cope with demands on their systems.
Mt. Gox, Bter, Mintpal, Cryptsy, Bitfinex, and an alarmingly long list of other exchanges have significantly damaged confidence in cryptocurrency, diminished exchange liquidity across the board, and lost millions of dollars of customers’ funds.

Decentrlaised exchanges cant come soon enough! With an already working DX and a hard fork in a few weeks, this is the future.

TeraBite
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 06:06:41 PM

Fully functional DX with user friendly interface is much needed thing at the moment after some crisis in past and recent worst situation with hacking attacks on old fashion exchanges. I also think blocknet will become very huge in long term at the moment we have to support the dev cause.

MEGATRON  -  THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION       
                        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER         LAUNCH EVENT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN                 
commenter

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 06:27:52 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2017, 07:13:43 PM by commenter

Fully functional DX with user friendly interface is much needed thing at the moment after some crisis in past and recent worst situation with hacking attacks on old fashion exchanges. I also think blocknet will become very huge in long term at the moment we have to support the dev cause.

Sorry, but that kind of thinking may get you priced out of block as a node that can collect trading fees.

This thing has huge potential for ICOs to be launched on it.

As per user interface if I buy or sell an ICO I don't care what user interface looks like.

Also I think more about functionality and security of my coins, and you can add any coins with OP_CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY that has a stock JSON RPC.

Have you seen expanse user interface. Expanse has a 15million dollar market cap.

This project has security, functionality, and soon profability with nodes collecting trade fees.

Pages: « 1 ... 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 [358] 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: