Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:02:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 [406] 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure  (Read 1103262 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
truxton

Activity: 771
Merit: 521

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 07:54:47 AM

Blocknet ROI calculator for staking and nodes:

https://www.reddit.com/r/theblocknet/comments/6y74li/blocknet_roi_calculator_for_staking_and_nodes/?st=j78q96e8&sh=3a645b89
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Itty Bitty

Activity: 137
Merit: 14

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:20:35 AM
Last edit: September 06, 2017, 10:52:37 AM by Itty Bitty

I've got a general question about my wallet.

So I am late to the crypto game, and really I'm only an internet end user, I have little technical knowledge beyond making my way around the internet.

So I guess I have been a bit spoiled coming late to the game since HD wallets (bitcoin) have been available, and all I need to transport my wallet from device to device is a seed (usually 12 word)

Anyway, I bought some Blocknet a while back, and would prefer to keep some in my own wallet on my computer and not an exchange. So I downloaded the Blocknet github wallet a few days ago. There are 6 .exe. files (2 testnet). I opened up blocknetdx-qt.exe, let it sync to the network, and sent a couple of Blocknet tokens to my wallet. Success, all is good. I then encrypted my Blocknet wallet UI

However, before I send more tokens to my computer's wallet, I want to make sure my wallet is backed up so I don't lose my tokens if my computer crashes beyond repair.

So, non-technical me, I saved a wallet.dat backup using File --> Backup Wallet on the wallet UI, and the .dat is now placed with the other 6 .exe files.

I uploaded the 4 non testnet  .exe files and the .dat file to dropbox (I know, terrible idea, but I just want to verify I can move my wallet to another computer if necessary)

I created a new folder in the 2nd computer I wanted to download my wallet to, and downloaded the 4.exe files and .dat file from Dropbox. I then clicked the blocknetdx-qt.exe file, and was disappointed to see that a new wallet was syncing up, but without the transactions I made on the first computer. It's just basically a brand new empty wallet

Did I do something wrong? Am I somehow supposed to link the wallet.dat  file to the.exe file? I understand it's the .dat file that contains addresses, private keys, wallet ID info, etc. Can anyone provide info on any steps I may have missed? (BTW, I tried to open the wallet on my Windows 7 machine Notepad, and it was just a long list of garbled, jumbled symbols).

FYI, I actually first downloaded  blocknetdx-qt.exe to the second computer thinking that may be enough to see my transactions. When I saw it wasn't, I then downloaded the wallet.dat file. When that didn't help either, I then checked forums to see if any similar problems were documented, and one similar problem (for bitcoin wallet.dat)  (see https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/14401/how-to-use-backup-dat) was given the advice to re-scan the blockchain (if a saved old wallet.dat containing coins before computer crash was downloaded to overwrite new wallet.dat downloaded after computer crash). Any chance this may be the problem? If so, how do I go about re-scan to the Blocknet blockchain? I don't see anything in the "File" "Settings" or "Tools" in the UI.
greyskies

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 12:53:10 PM

Block now has 5 full time devs, working on the code code.

That's not to mention the UI company that is being paid $150k to develop the UI.
BonTonPlease

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 01:34:49 PM

Great to see that massive movement in the price. Congrats to all long-term holders!

this is just the beginning!! Smiley

Blocknet will be a top 20 coin very soon EASY!

I believe so, too. It all went/goes/will go pretty well for all of us! Wink

yesss! this is the second best coin i ever bought Smiley

Ok, then you owe me the explanation what the best coin was Tongue I'll guess it was ETH?

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
truxton

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 06:46:12 PM

So I am late to the crypto game, and really I'm only an internet end user, I have little technical knowledge beyond making my way around the internet.

So I guess I have been a bit spoiled coming late to the game since HD wallets (bitcoin) have been available, and all I need to transport my wallet from device to device is a seed (usually 12 word)

Anyway, I bought some Blocknet a while back, and would prefer to keep some in my own wallet on my computer and not an exchange. So I downloaded the Blocknet github wallet a few days ago. There are 6 .exe. files (2 testnet). I opened up blocknetdx-qt.exe, let it sync to the network, and sent a couple of Blocknet tokens to my wallet. Success, all is good. I then encrypted my Blocknet wallet UI

However, before I send more tokens to my computer's wallet, I want to make sure my wallet is backed up so I don't lose my tokens if my computer crashes beyond repair.

So, non-technical me, I saved a wallet.dat backup using File --> Backup Wallet on the wallet UI, and the .dat is now placed with the other 6 .exe files.

I uploaded the 4 non testnet  .exe files and the .dat file to dropbox (I know, terrible idea, but I just want to verify I can move my wallet to another computer if necessary)

I created a new folder in the 2nd computer I wanted to download my wallet to, and downloaded the 4.exe files and .dat file from Dropbox. I then clicked the blocknetdx-qt.exe file, and was disappointed to see that a new wallet was syncing up, but without the transactions I made on the first computer. It's just basically a brand new empty wallet

Did I do something wrong? Am I somehow supposed to link the wallet.dat  file to the.exe file? I understand it's the .dat file that contains addresses, private keys, wallet ID info, etc. Can anyone provide info on any steps I may have missed? (BTW, I tried to open the wallet on my Windows 7 machine Notepad, and it was just a long list of garbled, jumbled symbols).

FYI, I actually first downloaded  blocknetdx-qt.exe to the second computer thinking that may be enough to see my transactions. When I saw it wasn't, I then downloaded the wallet.dat file. When that didn't help either, I then checked forums to see if any similar problems were documented, and one similar problem (for bitcoin wallet.dat)  (see https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/14401/how-to-use-backup-dat) was given the advice to re-scan the blockchain (if a saved old wallet.dat containing coins before computer crash was downloaded to overwrite new wallet.dat downloaded after computer crash). Any chance this may be the problem? If so, how do I go about re-scan to the Blocknet blockchain? I don't see anything in the "File" "Settings" or "Tools" in the UI.

Please reach out on slack; https://blocknet.herokuapp.com/
CryptoXMan

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 06:52:58 AM

https://blog.ethfinex.com/the-ethfinex-roadmap-7c7cd82c835c

Blocknet is mentioned as one of the intergation! 
Jumanji7

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 07:23:31 AM

Guys I`m going to buy a new laptop and run several staking wallets on it including blocknet wallet. What characteristics a laptop needs to run several staking wallets?   
Irky

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 07:50:24 AM

Well, you should join Blocknet Slack for further advice on this, but two points immediately jump to mind:

1. It does take a while in general to sync the chain in a new wallet, and transactions and associated tokens in the wallet start appearing in temporal order as it syncs.  Couldn't tell for sure if you actually waited to see what happened when you were completely sync'd, but since you are in the new chain which is still now only a few days old then that shouldn't take very long, so I doubt that's your problem (but just thought I should mention it anyway).

2. Reading between the lines, it appears that you do not realize that the directory where you have your exe files is not the target data directory for your wallet, so a wallet.dat file placed there will not be used by the wallet software - most likely this is your problem.  The target directory will be by default inside your system user AppData folder if you are in Windows OS.  When starting up on a new computer you can let the wallet create a target directory upon first startup (it will prompt you for a path, or you can just let it go to AppData by default).  Then shut down the wallet, go to that newly created wallet data directory and either overwrite just the wallet.dat file, or you can also overwrite the entire target directory with one copied from your previous machine.  If you only use the wallet.dat, then the chain will have to download and sync again.  If you use the whole directory then the blockchain data from previously sync'd wallet is retained and your new installation will sync much faster.  (You could also copy in your whole directory before even starting the wallet for the first time, and then just target its path if not in the default path when you start the wallet up.)

Hope that helps.  

PS:  if you are not that technical, then you may also not know how to find the AppData directory because it is often hidden in Windows. If you go in Explorer to your user directory, and then type \AppData after your name in the path bar, then that directory should appear.
arttycab

Activity: 19

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 07:56:03 AM

Following all the new developments on this project
Irky

Activity: 29

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 08:02:27 AM

Guys I`m going to buy a new laptop and run several staking wallets on it including blocknet wallet. What characteristics a laptop needs to run several staking wallets?   

Wouldn't worry about it too much if all you want to do is stake - those wallets do not consume very much in the way of resources.  Just buy what you need for other purposes.  But I am moving the Block wallets off of my laptops and onto desktops since the fork.  This is because I shut the laptops down frequently when I am carting them around with me during the day, and under the new Blocknet algorithm you only get rewards when wallet is running, open for staking and connected to the Internet.  So 24/7 staking is needed for maximum rewards.  Previously, on the old chain, all you had to do was unlock the wallet for a little while every few days to get the maximum - but that is no longer the case.
stormingj

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 10:39:50 AM

Heres the numbers on node profitability as of this morning, pretty crazy stuff.

https://i.imgur.com/EMTd6KA.png
Jumanji7

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 11:23:12 AM

Cool

Wow very impressive profit.

Is there a step by step guide on how to set up a node?

Do I need to download DEX participant coins` wallets to set up a node?
Retired

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 11:29:26 AM

Will ETH tokens be supported?
Odeoke

Activity: 952
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 11:38:44 AM

Will ETH tokens be supported?

According to the update on slack that is planned and this is under process. Stay tuned soon we will hear good news about this testing when it will be ready this will be game changer moment.
Retired

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 12:01:36 PM

Is it safe to assume that once ETH tokens are supported all ICOs will be supported?
Xaltotun

Activity: 371
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 12:18:20 PM

Very cool. Block is twice as profitable to ruin a node than Dash at half the cost. I don't expect that to last.

███████▀▄▄███████▄▄
█████▀▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
███▀▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▄▀█
██▀▄███▀██▀▀     ▀▀███▄
██ ███▀           █▄▀███
██▄███             ██▄███
███▄▀   ▄▄███████▄▄ ██ ██
▀█▀▄ ▄█████▀▀▀▀▄▄▄  ██ ██
  █▀▄██▀▀▄▄█████▀▄█▄██ ██
 █▀▄██ █▀▀     ▄██▄███▄█
██ ██ █▀▄███████▀▄███▄█
██ ███ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄███▀ ▀ ▄█
██ ███▀▀█████████▀ ▄█ ███
▀██ ██             ██ ███
█▄██▄▀█           ███ ███
██▄███▄▀▄▄     ▄ ████ ██
███▄▀▀███████▀▀▀▄███ ██
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄█▀
█████████████████▀

████▀
█  ███▀  ▀
█  ██▀  ▀
█  █▀  ▀
█  ▀  ▀
█  ▄  ▄
█  █▄  ▄
█  ██▄  ▄
█  ███▄  ▄
    ████▄
||  Ann Thread  ||  Discord  ||  Facebook  ||  Twitter  ||   Github  ||
THE FIRST PYTHON BLOCKCHAIN

▀████
▀  ▀███  █
  ▀  ▀██  █
    ▀  ▀█  █
      ▀  ▀  █
      ▄  ▄  █
    ▄  ▄█  █
  ▄  ▄██  █
▄  ▄███  █
  ▄████
truxton

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 01:07:21 PM

Cool

Snode Setup Guide:
https://github.com/BlocknetDX/blocknet-docs/blob/master/blocknetDXservice-node.md
synechist (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 04:45:24 PM

Hi all

Here's an update on last week's funding vote by the community:

The proposal as per https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ijOongxJRSj5jEbuLahQN5McGVLyJ9dtYWJYaaWi5q0/edit?usp=sharing was approved by the community by an overwhelming majority.

Here's to the future, where we'll use our new governance system, a demonstrably transparent and fair way to guide the development of the Blocknet!

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2017, 05:08:09 PM

Breaking: Bitcoin Cash orders successfully placed on the Blocknet decentralized exchange!

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Jumanji7

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 05:57:32 PM

Cool

Snode Setup Guide:
https://github.com/BlocknetDX/blocknet-docs/blob/master/blocknetDXservice-node.md

Do I need to download DEX participating coins wallets to run a service node? If yes, at least how many coins` wallets?
Pages: « 1 ... 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 [406] 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: