Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:29:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 3D Printed Gun  (Read 2035 times)
ARadzi (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 04:53:35 AM
Last edit: October 21, 2014, 05:55:45 AM by ARadzi

Talking about advancement of technology. Maybe one day, a gun made from a 3D printer can be use as a real gun. hahaha. Now, isn't that something?

https://ph.news.yahoo.com/japan-man-jailed-making-guns-3d-printer-072315670.html
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 05:10:51 AM

Talking about advancement of technology. Maybe one day, a gun made from a 3D printer can be use as a real gun. hahaha. Now, isn't that something?

https://ph.news.yahoo.com/japan-man-jailed-making-guns-3d-printer-072315670.html
They can be used. Search on youtube, these guys were able to make a 3D printed (semi or automatic)gun and shoot several times before it fell apart. Basically, enough to kill somebody and then dispose of the weapon neatly.

However I never expected a japanese person to do it.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
ARadzi (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 06:06:36 AM

They can be used. Search on youtube, these guys were able to make a 3D printed (semi or automatic)gun and shoot several times before it fell apart. Basically, enough to kill somebody and then dispose of the weapon neatly.

Thank you for pointing out that Guns made from a 3D printer can now be use. Smiley
zetaray

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 06:36:52 AM

3D printed guns are plastic. How can it withstand the heat generated from the gun powder? Not that I wanted to print one, I am doubting whether it can hit the target when fired.

.CryptoTotal.com.
                              l█████████▇▀
                              ████████▇▀
                              ███████▇▀
                              ██████▇▀
                              █████▇▀
                              ████▇▀
                              ███▇▀
                              ██▇▀
                              █▇▀
                              ▇▀
▇▇
▇▇

Express.Crypto.Checkout
Accepts Multiple Cryptos
Worldwide Shipping
IamCANADIAN013

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 08:09:39 AM

3D printed guns are plastic. How can it withstand the heat generated from the gun powder? Not that I wanted to print one, I am doubting whether it can hit the target when fired.

I've seen a couple videos where they were able to fire off a couple shots and hit a target.  Obviously, you're not going to be able to fire off many before the gun malfunctions, and there is no way I'd ever fire one as I've seen what a misfire can do to a real gun.  Too much of a risk if you ask me, firearm blows up in your face, you're gonna have a very bad day.

I'll stick to firing my real firearms at the range.  But I can see how this technology can and likely will be used one day.  I believe that some printers can use metal as well to print with.  Only a matter of time before the average person can print reliable firearms with a 3D printer from home.

Maybe one day, a gun made from a 3D printer can be use as a real gun.

Didn't this already happen last year?

Yeah, I've seen the videos.

Found one of an actual metal firearm made, interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7ZYKMBDm4M
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 08:17:59 AM

He's a dead man, and needs to be exfiled. God this makes me angry.

1) Guns do not fire potentially lethal yet undetectable bullets. If someone gets a 3D printed gun past security, then where are they going to get the ammo from? Disarming a cop or security guard like a ninja and praying the ammo is compatible? Why not just use their fucking gun then? And if you don't get ammo, you're not going to succeed at hijacking a plane with a empty gun.
2) Japan law enforcement is well known for its total disregard of human rights. Torture and coerced suicide of innocents, whatever it takes to "get justice".
3) This guy was smart enough to publish a video online detailing the process on the light web. Why would he knowingly, spectacularly incriminate himself?
4) The ban on effective self-defense in Japan is indefensible. 1 defenseless victim of a violent felony there is one too many, and there are far more than that.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 10:30:51 AM

Weapons assembled from parts produced by the printers are not detectable with regular security equipment, including scanners found at airports, leading to fears that they could be used in hijackings.

Agent: How may I help you guys today?
Oldest: Me and five brothers wish one way ticket.
Agent: Great? Destination?
Youngest: Fly far away. No matter. Make sure plane have much gas.
Agent: You're so funny! You're going to that Doge convention, aren't you?
Middle Brother: <to yet another brother> How she know we drive Dodge?
Agent: How are you paying?
Oldest: With stolen cre... We pay with money if that okay?
Agent: Money is good. Destination please.
Youngest: You look like nice lady. You pick one for us. We tired.
Agent: Fine. How does Alaska sound?
Oldest: We pick Hawaii. Non-stop from Indy. Much gas.
Agent: All set. Now go get you bags scanned. Remember, no weapons.
Middle Brother: We no weapons. Just plastic parts for science fair project in Vegas. Me mean Hawaii.
Oldest: Dude brother, you almost blow it. Next time stay shut up.
Youngest: Next time! Funny, big brother. Funny!
Decksperiment

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 11:50:58 AM

This 'project' has always caught my attention.. type 'liberator gun' in google, voila, now you have the blueprint's.. consider this:

1 tube a half mm larger than calibre of bullet casing, with 2 pins either side of tube, fit strong elastic band, with pin in center, draw back, let go. This is the most basic form of a gun. All that is required is the sense NOT to use it.

As for getting bullet's passed custom's, piss easy, 3d print the casing and bullet, then fill casing with gunpowder, and voila, undetectable bullet.. you think the bullet wont kill, but if this was a plane, yes, it can. The plastic projectile is in it's feild.. dont point it at target, point it at window. Most folk's would say bullet or casing will melt.. depends on how tight the casing is wrapped around bullet.. ultimately, if there are no obstructions to path of bullet before it exit's the barrel, the bullet will choose the path of least resistance, and I'm pretty damn sure in a plane, you dont wanna think there wont be enough force behind bullet to kill intended target.

Quite simply, these printable's should be banned.. not that it would make a difference..

As for anyone bothered by me typing this, if you did'nt hear it from me, you'd have watched it on you tube or similar sooner or later.. I'm smart enough to know everything is recorded, and use this fact as proof that I at least wrote my warning's against this here. You read it here first. But probably watched it earlier everywhere else.

Klubknuckle

Activity: 285

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 12:04:09 PM

Maybe one day, a gun made from a 3D printer can be use as a real gun.

Didn't this already happen last year?

It can be used as a real gun but it can only shot once, because part of the material will melt.

Decksperiment

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 01:03:18 PM

I guess that's why they're using semi automatic's on the range's..
CryptoCarmen

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 01:52:05 PM

3D Printed Gun

I read the 3D Printed Gum

Would be possible to print food also? What you guys think?
ARadzi (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 02:07:24 PM

This 'project' has always caught my attention.. type 'liberator gun' in google, voila, now you have the blueprint's.. consider this:

1 tube a half mm larger than calibre of bullet casing, with 2 pins either side of tube, fit strong elastic band, with pin in center, draw back, let go. This is the most basic form of a gun. All that is required is the sense NOT to use it.

As for getting bullet's passed custom's, piss easy, 3d print the casing and bullet, then fill casing with gunpowder, and voila, undetectable bullet.. you think the bullet wont kill, but if this was a plane, yes, it can. The plastic projectile is in it's feild.. dont point it at target, point it at window. Most folk's would say bullet or casing will melt.. depends on how tight the casing is wrapped around bullet.. ultimately, if there are no obstructions to path of bullet before it exit's the barrel, the bullet will choose the path of least resistance, and I'm pretty damn sure in a plane, you dont wanna think there wont be enough force behind bullet to kill intended target.

Quite simply, these printable's should be banned.. not that it would make a difference..

As for anyone bothered by me typing this, if you did'nt hear it from me, you'd have watched it on you tube or similar sooner or later.. I'm smart enough to know everything is recorded, and use this fact as proof that I at least wrote my warning's against this here. You read it here first. But probably watched it earlier everywhere else.

Well said. The next question is how can government regulate the use of a 3D printer. Of course anyone can buy it. As conversations on this thread heats up, I was obliged to googled more on this topic and saw on youtube that there was even this guy who uploaded a documentary on how to make a 3D printed gun. 3D printer is good on its intended use,...... but printing a gun?
Decksperiment

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 04:49:42 PM

3D Printed Gun

I know they've already tested medication.. (plastic)Tv dinners anyone? They taste like plastic anyway, why not just print?
graves

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 05:01:53 PM

i thought printing out guns were done awhile back. like 2 years ago?
tattooist

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 05:30:54 PM

3D Printed Gun

here ya go

http://3dprintingindustry.com/food/

TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 06:35:26 PM

As for getting bullet's passed custom's, piss easy, 3d print the casing and bullet, then fill casing with gunpowder, and voila, undetectable bullet.. you think the bullet wont kill, but if this was a plane, yes, it can. The plastic projectile is in it's feild.. dont point it at target, point it at window.

Myth busted, TWICE.

http://mythbustersresults.com/episode10
http://mythbustersresults.com/episode38

Why would you go to all the trouble to 3D print a gun, 3D print a single round of ammo, that won't even be effective, when you can 3D print a fucking bomb (in the shape of a common object) that will actually work?

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Decksperiment

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 06:57:41 PM

As for getting bullet's passed custom's, piss easy, 3d print the casing and bullet, then fill casing with gunpowder, and voila, undetectable bullet.. you think the bullet wont kill, but if this was a plane, yes, it can. The plastic projectile is in it's feild.. dont point it at target, point it at window.

Myth busted, TWICE.

Why would you go to all the trouble to 3D print a gun, 3D print a single round of ammo, that won't even be effective, when you can 3D print a fucking bomb (in the shape of a common object) that will actually work?

Wow.. I see you use mythbuster's.. if they dont want you to see something works, that they are told not to, do you think they will?

I could just as easily bring down a plane with a 2x2 mm peice of porcelain, nothing more.. but then you'd probably ask mythbusters if it was possible.. get a grip, who in their right mind would think that someone with my intelligence would print only 1 bullet? Are you insane? So you think a 3d bullet will be inefective, yet think you will succeed with a bomb? Away test your theory.. bet it's a blast pmsl...
tattooist

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 06:59:17 PM

Myth busted, TWICE.

That's why you got to love the mythbusters  Grin

btw, that 3D gun looks also pretty hard to conceal

3D printed bomb actually sounds scary..it could look like anything
Decksperiment

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 07:14:19 PM

Oh boy, more external link's, why cant people just say what they gotta say instead of linking to external site's?

Mythbuster's are a good bunch, but even they wont admit some of what they know actually works..

How's about a plastic blow dart?

Or a pen gun?

Yes a bullet can be made out of hardened epoxy resin, especially with today's advancement's, I mean, I was shown how much damage a plastic bullet can do, I prefer the lead.. why not just take a rubber bullet, cause at point blank range ie, say on board a plane, your dead if your head is the target..

Mythbusters 0

Rubber bullet's 1
TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 08:16:09 PM

You appear to be insane, welcome to my ignore list.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: