Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 06:37:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 20th 3dMACD bar started GREEN!  (Read 23205 times)
TrollinU

Activity: 152
Merit: 10

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 04:27:02 AM

8th green bar started today ...
For it to be 8th green in a row we should assume that red (the 5th bar) is green too. Smiley  Under this assumption (red is green) it's even better that 8th green bar, it's 800th+ Grin

Focus on word STARTED. Also 5th bar started green, later it turned to red.

So...!
I started the night with one beer. Does that mean I will get a DUI? Who knows? There isn't enough information to tell right now. So I end up hammered and I get pulled over and the cop asks me "Mr.Ryan, how many drinks have you had tonight?" and I respond "well, I started with one, and proceeded to drink 27 more"
Cop:"You're going to jail"
Me:"But, I started with just one!"

The moral of the story is that the start is irrelevant. A lot of shit can happen between the open and the close. The close is the only thing that matters. So we are officially at two green 3D MACD bars with a third in the works.

LOL  Grin

It sounds to me like someone is trying to get some hype stirring because his newly acquired Bitcoins are under water  Tongue

"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ask (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 04:28:56 AM

Cool
For it to be 8th green in a row we should assume that red (the 5th bar) is green too. Smiley  Under this assumption (red is green) it's even better that 8th green bar, it's 800th+ Grin

So...!
I started the night with one beer. Does that mean I will get a DUI? Who knows? There isn't enough information to tell right now. So I end up hammered and I get pulled over and the cop asks me "Mr.Ryan, how many drinks have you had tonight?" and I respond "well, I started with one, and proceeded to drink 27 more"

The moral of the story is that the start is irrelevant. A lot of shit can happen between the open and the close. The close is the only thing that matters. So we are officially at two green 3D MACD bars with a third in the works.

So... Cheers!

And let's wait for START of 9th bar on Wednesday Cheesy
ask (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 05:26:21 AM
Last edit: November 10, 2014, 05:55:04 AM by ask

So...!

LOL  Grin

It sounds to me like someone is trying to get some hype stirring because his newly acquired Bitcoins are under water  Tongue

Yes. I am drawing thoose green bars. As I said before, expect new one on Wednesday.

I also have a feeling that in the near future I will need more green chalks. Smiley
ask (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 12:55:21 AM

New green bar...
blumangroup

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

'Slow and steady wins the race'

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 01:15:09 AM

I don't think technical analysis is a very good indicator as to what the price will be tomorrow (or in the future). There are too many outside influences to the price of bitcoin that are unknown to the "market" for this to reliably work

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
Capt Drake

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 03:12:05 PM

I don't think technical analysis is a very good indicator as to what the price will be tomorrow (or in the future). There are too many outside influences to the price of bitcoin that are unknown to the "market" for this to reliably work

Yeah, indeed it's very difficult to predict exactly how the price will perform, although the market is based on human behaviour and you can tell sometimes when the trend is going up or down, it's obvious for most people.

If the market is performed by human beings that make decisions, the read of the market is more in the psychologial level than in the price per se.

Therefore, if in the past the price performed in one way, it can be performed again many times in the smae pattern. Just look how the altcoins pump and dump, it's the same thing over and over, the same patterns, even the same charts.
ask (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 05:14:00 PM
Last edit: November 14, 2014, 06:48:27 PM by ask

THE BEST thing is that 10th 3dMACD bar will start green tomorrow. SO BULLISH.
jaredboice

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 12:19:29 AM

it would be rad if someone could explain what a 3dMACD is and it's significance (and with a visual!)

Huh
jaredboice

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 12:23:12 AM

and where can I see a chart that shows this info?
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 12:25:59 AM

it would be rad if someone could explain what a 3dMACD is and it's significance (and with a visual!)

Huh

MACD=Moving Average Convergence and Divergence. The histogram (vertical bar graph) gets higher when the signal line (blue) moves above the EMA of MACD (purple) And goes into negative when the signal drops below the EMA. The height of the histo bars is the difference between the signal and the EMA.

MACD is the difference between two moving averages. The 12 period (in the 3 day MACD, 36 days) and the 26 period (78 days). The purple line is an exponential average that takes 9 periods of the blue line to calculate

Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 12:26:36 AM

Huh

3day MACD

MACD is one of the most popular technical indicator. Wikipedia has info on it.

I can't explain what people mean with the 3 day since MACD is a combination of three moving averages with different periods.
Usually they say a MACD 29-12-9 or something to indicate the three periods.

From wikipedia in visual format ;-)

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
jaredboice

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 01:17:45 AM

Thanks guys!  I think I get it.  So the 3-day MACD (3dMACD) is basically just the MACD but averaged out over 3 day periods...Hence why the 3dMACD of the 12 period is 36 days (12 x 3).  Had to read wiki for further information.  Definitely a lot to wrap your brain around
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 01:55:51 AM

Thanks guys!  I think I get it.  So the 3-day MACD (3dMACD) is basically just the MACD but averaged out over 3 day periods...Hence why the 3dMACD of the 12 period is 36 days (12 x 3).  Had to read wiki for further information.  Definitely a lot to wrap your brain around

Yep it's pretty elegant and complex at the same time Smiley.

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
Wary

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Who's there?

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 02:37:51 AM

Huh
3day MACD
MACD is one of the most popular technical indicator. Wikipedia has info on it.
I can't explain what people mean with the 3 day since MACD is a combination of three moving averages with different periods.
Usually they say a MACD 29-12-9 or something to indicate the three periods.
From wikipedia in visual format ;-)

Here how you set and see it:

Fairplay medal of dnaleor's trading simulator. Smiley
ask (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 10:54:28 AM

... and 10th bar started green today ...
jaredboice

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 12:21:43 PM

When is the last time that happened in Bitcoin history?
pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 12:32:34 PM

Set up charts like few post above and review it.

ask (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 01:00:19 PM

This was allways indicator that a bubble is around the corner.
pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 01:18:51 PM

This was allways indicator that a bubble is around the corner.

After each bubble (at peak) there was this scheme: red -> green -> red -> greeeeeeeeeeen Bubble
And now we are in this second green stage (but with a very small one red bar).
It will not give you 100% certainity that there will be new bubble soon anyway...

ask (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 01:33:23 PM

After each bubble (at peak) there was this scheme: red -> green -> red -> greeeeeeeeeeen Bubble
And now we are in this second green stage (but with a very small one red bar).
It will not give you 100% certainity that there will be new bubble soon anyway...

And that red bar could be ignored because it was just oscillation around 0 (its value was -0.5649 @Bitstamp).
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: