Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:24:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MidwestBitcoiner aka TTice091, Scammed me, NOW ARRESTED PLEASE READ!  (Read 3149 times)
Levysa (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 04:14:45 PM

To all my fellow Bitcoin advocates, this is a story for the ages and should be a warning to all scammers out there. Think twice before you scam someone.

The user who goes by MidwestBitcoiner on [Suspicious link removed], and TTice091 on Bitlendingclub.com.

I spoke with the individual who is from Fulton, Missouri on Wednesday last week and arranged a trade via messaging and their cell phone (573-826-8923, in case anyone ever gets a trade request from this phone #). The trade was for 650$ in moneypaks for their BTC. I fell for the reputation that was obviously fake now that I look at it, as the user made fake names on Localbitcoins and used their reputation there to convince me to send first. After sending the Moneypaks, the user claimed their phone died and didn't message me except on bitcointalk.org having me wait 10+ hours since I first sent the Moneypaks. Suspecting I was scammed early on I traced the phone # and contacted the local police department in Fulton, Missouri (Shout-out to office McGrath you are awesome!). I left him the phone #, copies of the Moneypaks, and text messages. This eventually led no where, until I got a breakthrough doing some research later that night.

Bitlendingclub, had a user that went by the name "TTice091". They were asking for a BTC loan to gamble on Betcoin.ag under the user name "Buymydreamhome". I figured out that in order to be verified and ask for a loan on the site, you needed to provide full verification including ID, utility bills, etc. I contacted the website administrator after I read this thread about the user TTice091 (http://forum.bitlendingclub.com/index.php?threads/ttice091-connection-to-fmato.224/#post-1618). Here is a link to their profile as well (https://bitlendingclub.com/loan/browse/lid/4426/gtd-repayment-loan-1). The administrator said that if the officer contacted them, then he could provide the information he had on them. Sure enough, Office McGrath came through and was able to obtain the information.

Today, I was given a call by the officer letting me know he had made TWO ARRESTS! for Felony Larceny and Theft. The suspects who I still do not know the names of yet, are arrested and sitting the Fulton county jail! I am beyond happy to know that despite still being out of 650$ for probably the next year or forever, this is a huge victory in my book. Theft is theft and this is justice. I plan on attending court to have these two individuals prosecuted to the full-extent of the law.

I need our forums help though, and would appreciate any contact from an administrator who maybe able to help.
1) Is there anyone in the Fulton, Missouri area who I could use as a contact in case I need to submit anymore information or assist with anything that may happen.
2) Anyone else who has been scammed by this user please contact me as I believe I can now assist in helping to gain restitution for the users or at least help the prosecution in this case (even though it's a slam dunk as they admitted to the theft).

I hope to do my best to assist users here with obtaining restitution and have this serve as a warning to anyone thinking about scamming too think twice as there is a high chance you could be arrested. Moreover, these are felony crimes this is no slap on the wrists and walk away, this will cost them. If you come into contact with this user at anytime in the future please avoid at all costs. Look forward to updating this thread as I learn more information and finish prosecution in the next few months.

Cheers everyone,

-Loffa

PS: To Midwestbitcoiner, when you read this hope you enjoy the karma MOFO!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
paradigmflux

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

small fry

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 01:07:43 AM

+1 awesome thread

---
NXT Multipool! Mine Scrypt, SHA, Keccak or X11 for NXT! http://hashrate.org
http://hashrate.org/getting_started for port info!
1echo

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

scams hunter!

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 01:58:42 AM

catch all the scamming loosers who cant make money fairly

williamj2543

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 02:00:10 AM

Faith has been restored in humanity. This is a great post

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
williamj2543

Activity: 588

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 02:00:44 AM

Also I'm glad that the cops are now caring about btc stuff, even though it was for moneypacks.

▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
Levysa (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 04:26:17 AM

Exactly, never thought the officer would take it seriously. Should have listened to how long it took me to explain the currency. Does anyone have anytime time frame I should be able to expect restitution by? Just unsure if I will ever get to see this money back.
alabamafan1

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 05:32:49 AM

Theres a good chance you will have to officially sue them in small claims court for your money back. If they are found guilty in the criminal case, there is a 99.99% chance you will win your small claims suit as well (harder to get criminal guilty then a civil claims guilty).
r00t$

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 03:05:36 PM

I created a thread a while back about the same user...I think  Huh

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=460547

Same username on localbitcoins.com...where he would use the website as a source of positive transaction history.

If this is indeed the same guy, he has scammed quite a few people. Let me know what I can do to help.
Levysa (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 06:14:25 PM

I am going to PM you my phone # I am waiting for the prosecutor to get back to me but lets help build a case and have him charged for all the counts of theft he has on this forum or any other place. To anyone else who sees this feel free to message me if you would like to join the case.
KingOfSports

Activity: 602

Acc bought - used solely for signature testing

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 06:46:39 PM

I love this post. Brings tears of joy to my eyes. GOT HIM.

pws328

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 07:13:51 PM

I am going to PM you my phone # I am waiting for the prosecutor to get back to me but lets help build a case and have him charged for all the counts of theft he has on this forum or any other place. To anyone else who sees this feel free to message me if you would like to join the case.

I'm in! He scammed r00t$ and I around the same time (I tried buying some miners from him for BTC and a money pak). Too bad he got you too, but great job on the detective work, and finding a cop that was willing to help out. Keep me in the loop.
Levysa (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 07:45:37 PM

Sent you a PM PWS feel free to contact me.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 08:38:15 PM

Midwestbitcoiner on this forum is still active, though he hasn't been posting lately.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Candystripes

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

***THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE***

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 10:57:24 PM

He actually defaulted on a loan of mine for 0.03.....

Look at the "defaulted" section here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=809649.msg9071046#msg9071046

---------------------------------
No longer under the possession of Candystripes.
Account is currently dormant.
BBmmBB

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 08:34:59 PM

To all my fellow Bitcoin advocates, this is a story for the ages and should be a warning to all scammers out there. Think twice before you scam someone.

The user who goes by MidwestBitcoiner on [Suspicious link removed], and TTice091 on Bitlendingclub.com.

I spoke with the individual who is from Fulton, Missouri on Wednesday last week and arranged a trade via messaging and their cell phone (573-826-8923, in case anyone ever gets a trade request from this phone #). The trade was for 650$ in moneypaks for their BTC. I fell for the reputation that was obviously fake now that I look at it, as the user made fake names on Localbitcoins and used their reputation there to convince me to send first. After sending the Moneypaks, the user claimed their phone died and didn't message me except on bitcointalk.org having me wait 10+ hours since I first sent the Moneypaks. Suspecting I was scammed early on I traced the phone # and contacted the local police department in Fulton, Missouri (Shout-out to office McGrath you are awesome!). I left him the phone #, copies of the Moneypaks, and text messages. This eventually led no where, until I got a breakthrough doing some research later that night.

Bitlendingclub, had a user that went by the name "TTice091". They were asking for a BTC loan to gamble on Betcoin.ag under the user name "Buymydreamhome". I figured out that in order to be verified and ask for a loan on the site, you needed to provide full verification including ID, utility bills, etc. I contacted the website administrator after I read this thread about the user TTice091 (http://forum.bitlendingclub.com/index.php?threads/ttice091-connection-to-fmato.224/#post-1618). Here is a link to their profile as well (https://bitlendingclub.com/loan/browse/lid/4426/gtd-repayment-loan-1). The administrator said that if the officer contacted them, then he could provide the information he had on them. Sure enough, Office McGrath came through and was able to obtain the information.

Today, I was given a call by the officer letting me know he had made TWO ARRESTS! for Felony Larceny and Theft. The suspects who I still do not know the names of yet, are arrested and sitting the Fulton county jail! I am beyond happy to know that despite still being out of 650$ for probably the next year or forever, this is a huge victory in my book. Theft is theft and this is justice. I plan on attending court to have these two individuals prosecuted to the full-extent of the law.

I need our forums help though, and would appreciate any contact from an administrator who maybe able to help.
1) Is there anyone in the Fulton, Missouri area who I could use as a contact in case I need to submit anymore information or assist with anything that may happen.
2) Anyone else who has been scammed by this user please contact me as I believe I can now assist in helping to gain restitution for the users or at least help the prosecution in this case (even though it's a slam dunk as they admitted to the theft).

I hope to do my best to assist users here with obtaining restitution and have this serve as a warning to anyone thinking about scamming too think twice as there is a high chance you could be arrested. Moreover, these are felony crimes this is no slap on the wrists and walk away, this will cost them. If you come into contact with this user at anytime in the future please avoid at all costs. Look forward to updating this thread as I learn more information and finish prosecution in the next few months.

Cheers everyone,

-Loffa

PS: To Midwestbitcoiner, when you read this hope you enjoy the karma MOFO!

this made my day~ thank you this guy scammed me for around $200... please post his name once it's confirmed! Smiley  good work!
jc01480

Activity: 854

Nope..

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 04:10:45 PM

Nice.  😄
FishNChips

Activity: 43

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 09:55:46 PM

Love reading a scam thread ending with justice served.
BBmmBB

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 12:36:59 AM

i want my coins back!!!! :\
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: