Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:11:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cloud mining profit  (Read 3279 times)
Medow (OP)

Activity: 357
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 04:18:58 PM

Hello:

First of all. i would like to ask how it is possible that LTCgear is providing that cheap hash power with almost 5 USD for 1 Mh?
What kind of asic equipments do you think they are used?
I think by providing 5 USD/Mh which including power, cooling, internet, mentinance ... etc. This make me think they have asic equipments with less than 3 USD per Mh in total.

Second, i live in a country where electricity price is cost 2.5 cent per kw in resident area and 3.5 cent per kw in industrial area, there for i am asking the above question to determine  if it is profitable to make a cloud mining service or not.

I am open mind for suggestion.
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AizenSou

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 10:08:57 PM

Hello:

First of all. i would like to ask how it is possible that LTCgear is providing that cheap hash power with almost 5 USD for 1 Mh?
What kind of asic equipments do you think they are used?
I think by providing 5 USD/Mh which including power, cooling, internet, mentinance ... etc. This make me think they have asic equipments with less than 3 USD per Mh in total.

Second, i live in a country where electricity price is cost 2.5 cent per kw in resident area and 3.5 cent per kw in industrial area, there for i am asking the above question to determine  if it is profitable to make a cloud mining service or not.

I am open mind for suggestion.

We already have some nice discussions about all possibility over here.
https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=22433.120

Would be redundant to repost the analysis here. Try to grab the info there.

Regards,
Medow (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 07:06:22 AM

Thank you AizenSou , there a very good info there.
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 04:03:52 PM

Looks to me like their payouts are being pumped up to gather more greedy investors and bail.
They could still sell their shares if thir payouts were lower, but the higher they are the more people will be willing to pay.
As the old saying goes if something looks too good to be true it probably is Wink

You could not say that better. I get the impression that this LTC cloud mining is initial attack aimed at greedy investors who are willing to bet on it. After great beginning and good starting payouts it is going to collapse like a house of cards. I am a bit wary of trusting LTC. As you say - too good to be true.
AizenSou

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 07:00:34 PM

Looks to me like their payouts are being pumped up to gather more greedy investors and bail.
They could still sell their shares if thir payouts were lower, but the higher they are the more people will be willing to pay.
As the old saying goes if something looks too good to be true it probably is Wink

You could not say that better. I get the impression that this LTC cloud mining is initial attack aimed at greedy investors who are willing to bet on it. After great beginning and good starting payouts it is going to collapse like a house of cards. I am a bit wary of trusting LTC. As you say - too good to be true.

I'm aware of your concerns but you can't deny the fact that his service's running flawlessly over one year, much longer than others well-known competitors. Not to mention that a lot of his customers  were getting ROI already.
Yes high risk and huge return investment indeed. Don't invest the money you can't afford to lose there.
Anyway it's still better than invest in many altcoins right now.
AirFlame

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 08:27:59 PM

Mt.Gox was also running for over a year until it blew in our faces.
AizenSou

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 10:02:56 PM

Mt.Gox was also running for over a year until it blew in our faces.

Did you read my statement above?

Yes high risk and huge return investment indeed. Don't invest the money you can't afford to lose there.

If we're sure 100% about things like that, I would loan a shitload of money to invest in this. No one forces you to invest in it.
Zeta0S
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 10:50:21 PM
Last edit: October 23, 2014, 04:30:26 AM by Zeta0S

I'm aware of your concerns but you can't deny the fact that his service's running flawlessly over one year, much longer than others well-known competitors. Not to mention that a lot of his customers  were getting ROI already.

That's not an incredible achievement if they were around for over a year. I've seen people claim to have reached ROI with different providers in less than 4 months.
Yes, Genesis Mining already roi. Got a Vochercode (MOON) so i had 5% discount.
And whit Hashlets Roi in 14 days, after i sold my Prime Hashlets for 50 bucks! (got them for 16 bucks)
I got hashlets for free to becorse i was a rearly buyer, sold them, even more profit!
Made a payout and sold my bitcoisn on koop-bitcoin.nl
Hashlets made me a lot of €€

Get a HUGE 3% discount with promo code: MOON @ Genesis Mining
https://www.genesis-mining.com
AizenSou

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 10:58:18 PM

I'm aware of your concerns but you can't deny the fact that his service's running flawlessly over one year, much longer than others well-known competitors. Not to mention that a lot of his customers  were getting ROI already.

That's not an incredible achievement if they were around for over a year. I've seen people claim to have reached ROI with different providers in less than 4 months.

You sure don't do the math. ROI with ltcgear less than 2 months.
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 12:37:28 AM

I will just wait and see. For now I am a bit reluctant to purchase anything from LTC. When they will be still here in the next year, maybe. For now they are more secure options as far as cloud mining goes.
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 02:06:13 AM

I think that GAW might still be more secure bet at this point. Just saying.
Zeta0S
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 04:33:16 AM

I think that GAW might still be more secure bet at this point. Just saying.

You mean this hashlet service?
http://badasscontent.com/Hashlets

Sophie.Greek

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 04:50:30 AM

which cloud mining would you choose?
Zeta0S
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 06:56:35 AM

For now, Genesis Mining, and GAW Hashlets.
Love them both.

Ow do not forget Genesis Is gonna launch Project X, you will make all kinds of gains!
Read more about project X here: http://www.bitcoinupdate.nl/home/het-genesis-mining-datacenter

Cool Genesis Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsWOKaXDo3Q

Dashboard Genesis Mining
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NNyx3GMBnc

hashie

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 07:13:13 AM

Shameless plug for Hashie.co Smiley

We've just implemented auto-rebuy, where you can allocate a percentage (any amount from 0% to 100%) to reinvest into additional hashpower for your miner.

-Sahra

Medow (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 07:35:08 AM

the problem that make all this hard to believe is the MH price, we will not find an asic with the price of 5 Mh is the market (We are not counting power and other expenses). Unless they have a secret asic power which they are keep secret to use on their farm.
ErikvanBreen

Activity: 693
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 07:39:15 AM

the problem that make all this hard to believe is the MH price, we will not find an asic with the price of 5 Mh is the market (We are not counting power and other expenses). Unless they have a secret asic power which they are keep secret to use on their farm.

If the Zeus volcano does get released in December you have your $5/Mhash hardware right there which is the sales price and not the price to manufacture one.
If Zeus or anyone else already has their hands on these chips or similiar ones then it would definetly be possible  Smiley

LTCgear or any other site could be mining on multipools or other coins which are more profitable then LTC to gain a share of the income, this could make the shares sustainable.
These are all assumptions of course, only time will tell  Wink
AizenSou

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 07:41:58 AM

I'm aware of your concerns but you can't deny the fact that his service's running flawlessly over one year, much longer than others well-known competitors. Not to mention that a lot of his customers  were getting ROI already.

You sure don't do the math. ROI with ltcgear less than 2 months.

If they are on the market for a year, there should be people who quadrupled their LTCG investment by now.
When someone tells you "give me the money and I will double your investment in less than 2 months" he most likely wants to scam you Wink

ltcgear price is not cheap before. They just recently reduce the price to < 6$ / 1mhs with the new generation of chip. Yes I don't know whether someone who quadrupled their investment, but people who doubled their investment are a lot.
I rather do not give my money to a company who spent a lot for PR stuffs. Who paid 1m$ for btc.com actually ? Be my guest Wink
AizenSou

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 07:43:52 AM

If the Zeus volcano does get released in December you have your $5/Mhash hardware right there which is the sales price and not the price to manufacture one.
If Zeus or anyone else already has their hands on these chips or similiar ones then it would definetly be possible  Smiley

LTCgear or any other site could be mining on multipools or other coins which are more profitable then LTC to gain a share of the income, this could make the shares sustainable.
These are all assumptions of course, only time will tell  Wink

?? You heard about bitmaintech ?
https://bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020140830074550960Um75pnzg06E3

Deliver in Dec with 5$/1mhs. And they are legit company.

ltcgear just happens to have more superior tech than any asics company now.
Medow (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 08:24:23 AM

ltcgear just happens to have more superior tech than any asics company now.

I believe that is correct.

I hope some one from LTCgear cut the shit shat and provide us withe some real tech info about their farm. At least transparency make more sales.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: