Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:29:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Woodcoin [LOG] Pure Skein POW, Logarithmic Release, No Premine nor ICO  (Read 126074 times)
dalaocoin

Activity: 120
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 02:36:31 AM

have more exchange?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
funkenstein (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1066
Merit: 1050

Khazad ai-menu!

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2019, 05:07:06 AM

I am a wallet developer. In the offline signature, I used the windows version of the client to find that I can't use the "listunspet" to get the information of the address where the private key was not imported. What should I do?

I believe "listunspent" rpc call is available in both the "woodcore" wallet and the "woodcoin" wallet.  How is the command failing, do you wish to use it for a watching only wallet?     

"Give me control over a coin's checkpoints and I care not who mines its blocks."
http://vtscc.org  http://woodcoin.info
funkenstein (OP)
Legendary

Khazad ai-menu!

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2019, 05:07:28 AM

have more exchange?

ACX.io

crex24.com

fubt.com

"Give me control over a coin's checkpoints and I care not who mines its blocks."
funkenstein (OP)
Legendary

Khazad ai-menu!

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2019, 05:09:16 AM

Attention all - 
  It appears that the woodcoin network is under a DDOS attack.  A lot of new hashpower has hit the network (difficulty at all time high) and many transactions are simply not being included by the new miners.  Any information about who the new miners are and what they are looking for here would be greatly appreciated!  In the meantime, we need more miners.   Does anybody know a way to rent Skein2 hashpower? 

china_YL

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 05:53:56 AM

I am a wallet developer. In the offline signature, I used the windows version of the client to find that I can't use the "listunspet" to get the information of the address where the private key was not imported. What should I do?

I believe "listunspent" rpc call is available in both the "woodcore" wallet and the "woodcoin" wallet.  How is the command failing, do you wish to use it for a watching only wallet?     

It is not a failure. It cannot be queried for an address that does not import a private key. It is ok for an address that has already imported a private key. This is my woodcoin.conf:
server=1
txindex=1
rpcuser=admin
rpcpassword=123456
rpcallowip=0.0.0.0/0
rpcport=61315
funkenstein (OP)
Legendary

Khazad ai-menu!

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2019, 08:30:06 AM

It is not a failure. It cannot be queried for an address that does not import a private key. It is ok for an address that has already imported a private key. This is my woodcoin.conf:
server=1
txindex=1
rpcuser=admin
rpcpassword=123456
rpcallowip=0.0.0.0/0
rpcport=61315

OK I understand.  I think you need to use "importaddress" to import the address which you want the UTXOs of: 

./woodcoin-cli importaddress WZJLgBEftHUxbmzMVzyYn4omiiHXY4Mh3t

then

./woodcoin-cli listunspent

will list the unspent TX including that watching address. 

china_YL

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 08:51:52 AM

server=1
txindex=1
rpcuser=admin
rpcpassword=123456
rpcallowip=0.0.0.0/0
rpcport=61315

OK I understand.  I think you need to use "importaddress" to import the address which you want the UTXOs of: 

./woodcoin-cli importaddress WZJLgBEftHUxbmzMVzyYn4omiiHXY4Mh3t

then

./woodcoin-cli listunspent

will list the unspent TX including that watching address. 

This is a solution, but the need to rescan the block, the speed seems to be a bit slower, I do not need to scan all the block information to build a utxo library?

bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 08:56:06 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2019, 08:21:01 PM by bathrobehero

Hey woodcutters, me and a friend are trying to send a couple thousand coins but the transactions keep failing. They get broadcasted and can be seen by block explorers (so abandontransaction doesn't work) but never confirmed even in days. The coins are coming from a single input (200-300 bytes) so the blocksize is tiny. Fees doesn't matter. Only --zapwallettxes helps 'giving back' the unspent coins. The transactions aren't 'conflicting', just never get confirmed. Both with the older and newer wallet. We could only send 1-2k coins at a time but sometimes even those fail which gets annoying. What is going on?

Also, congrats on 1 million blocks!

Not your keys, not your coins!
bathrobehero
Legendary

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 08:10:13 AM

Crex24 temporarily disabled LOG deposits/withdrawals (I didn't talk to them) and funkenstein seems absent.  Undecided

china_YL

View Profile
July 30, 2019, 01:44:31 AM

Hey woodcutters, me and a friend are trying to send a couple thousand coins but the transactions keep failing. They get broadcasted and can be seen by block explorers (so abandontransaction doesn't work) but never confirmed even in days. The coins are coming from a single input (200-300 bytes) so the blocksize is tiny. Fees doesn't matter. Only --zapwallettxes helps 'giving back' the unspent coins. The transactions aren't 'conflicting', just never get confirmed. Both with the older and newer wallet. We could only send 1-2k coins at a time but sometimes even those fail which gets annoying. What is going on?

Also, congrats on 1 million blocks!

Me too, I don’t know when it’s good.
Three or four days, no confirmation
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2019, 12:19:57 AM

any idea when crex24 will be back online or why they have it disabled?

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
bathrobehero
Legendary

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 12:42:55 AM

Well, it's up to Funk, but he's offline since July 30th...

Which brings me to this: I'm going to be honest here but I always loved the Woodcoin project, the image, the scheme, the goal and what Funk did and what he seemingly stood for.

But, once again, it's clear that as much heart this coin had from the beginning, unfortunately, it also suffers from a major flaw, meaning this coins is not *really* decentralized. I say that because everything was and is up to Funk and his hiatus represents very well how much this coin suffers withuout him...

funkenstein (OP)
Legendary

Khazad ai-menu!

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2019, 01:51:13 PM

Well, it's up to Funk, but he's offline since July 30th...

Which brings me to this: I'm going to be honest here but I always loved the Woodcoin project, the image, the scheme, the goal and what Funk did and what he seemingly stood for.

But, once again, it's clear that as much heart this coin had from the beginning, unfortunately, it also suffers from a major flaw, meaning this coins is not *really* decentralized. I say that because everything was and is up to Funk and his hiatus represents very well how much this coin suffers withuout him...

Thanks Bathrobehero. 

And you dear reader. 

Yeah, you have a point.  If nobody cares about this project but me it isn't going anywhere fast. 

Here's a picture of a wallet we are working on with a team in Shenzhen: 

Yes, we need testers, full nodes, wallet developers and web developers, to contribute and learn from this cutting edge public coin project. 

However I don't think anyone uses this forum much anymore after the owner kept hundreds of btc in donations and never nothing with them.

Check on Discord, IRC, and Wechat. 

Peace on middle earth  XD   

bathrobehero
Legendary

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
August 26, 2019, 01:54:42 PM

Glad to see you back!

What about the current wallet issues where transaction aren't going through?

funkenstein (OP)
Legendary

Khazad ai-menu!

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2019, 05:56:37 PM

Glad to see you back!

What about the current wallet issues where transaction aren't going through?

There are more nodes now to try for better connectivity, especially if the miners are in China and being disconnected and not receiving transactions.  TX are going through, if there is any repeatiable configuration of wallet / node that never works, please let me know and I will duplicate it for test and debug. 

Stuck transactions are a problem and googling "stuck transactions" shows that it isn't just woodcoin.  However the maximum decentralization we have here definitely contributes to having connectivity issues. 

funkenstein (OP)
Legendary

Khazad ai-menu!

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2019, 06:00:52 PM

Introduction: 

Several people reported to us that LOG transactions were slow to be included or were not showing up on the block chain.

Hypothesis: 

Four main causes were suggested as the cause of the problem: 

1)  Malicious actors (miners or node relayers operating DDOS)
2)  Geographical isolation issues
3)  Incompatible versions of network node and wallet software
4)  Miners rejecting transactions mistakenly

Methodology: 

Several nodes were set up on servers in different areas, given some LOG, and attempted to push transactions on the network.  Nodes were operated in China, Hong Kong, S. Korea, Seychelles, Denmark and the United States. 

Nodes built and ran one of several full-node wallet versions, eventually focusing on these two repositories:   

funkshelper/woodcoin.git
funkshelper/woodcore.git

No windows or mac binaries were tested, though some linux binaries previously released from above repositories were tested. 

Findings:

While we cannot categorically eliminate option 1 (malicious actors) the behavior of the network seemed to not agree with this hypothesis.  There are always some transactions going through, so it’s not a full DDOS attack nor is there any clear pattern of rational malicious behavior. 

We can also eliminate hypothesis 3, because we were able to push transactions to the network from all of the nodes tested, at least sometimes.  This was our primary concern in conducting this thorough test program, as incompatibilities between nodes can lead to chain splits, which fortunately have not been seen here. 

We are left with a combination of (2) and (4), which means that we have a not-well-connected network with some nodes suffering geographic isolation (most notably in China), as well as problems with miners blocking low-fee transactions or over-filtering the mempool. 

Recommendations: 

To improve the network connectivity it is recommended that more LOG users run full nodes.  Those who do have full nodes, miners or otherwise, should add the following lines to the woodcoin.conf file, to ensure connectivity in and around mainland China: 

addnode=150.109.126.117
addnode=139.186.21.23
addnode=110.10.176.94
addnode=5.9.233.99

Tests showed somewhat better connectivity from the “woodcore” nodes.  It is recommended that network operateos use the code from the

funkshelper/woodcore.git

repository. 

Transactions were also dropped which had a low fee.  It is recommended to set the min fee at 0.001 LOG while current conditions continue: 

./woodcoin-cli settxfee 0.001

Above all, more miners are needed on the network.  Despite all time high difficulty, the number of miners is quite small and this makes the network both less secure and more geographically isolated. 

Further work:

New versions of the woodcoin node and wallet have been issued by a few people but continued work is necessary in debugging, especially from the mining side where even fewer people are reviewing the code which is running the network.  The golang version is still not released, nor are more recent projects forking existing litecoin and bitcoin node projects.  More robust and reliable nodes and wallets will improve the network. 

Comments: 

The extreme decentralization of the woodcoin network makes it a great challenge to know what software is being operated by the participants and how it behaves.  These challenges provide a valuable test of such decentralization, and while the problems are annoying for users there is no loss of consensus nor of funds reported.  Users are advised that this is an experimental network and transactions might be slow to go through, though there is no danger of funds being lost. 

Recovery:

If a node or wallet becomes confused because published transactions did not appear in the longest block chain, the chain can be rescanned to restore an up-to-date wallet reflecting blanaces on the chain.  This can be done in several ways, the simplest being perhaps to delete all the files in the .woodcoin directory except wallet.dat and woodcoin.conf.  A restart of the node will then rescan the chain to determine the actual balance of the keys in the wallet.dat file

bathrobehero
Legendary

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
August 26, 2019, 06:24:00 PM

Great read! Here's my experience: I had 8 nodes and have set the txfee to 0.02 LOG/KB but even then most transactions didn't go through and it felt like bigger trasactions, in the thousands, failed more often than smaller ones, even though the coins were consolidated into one address.

The transactions were visible in the local mempool but wasn't picked up in hundreds, if not thousands of blocks by the network.

mony68

Activity: 149
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2019, 03:16:13 PM

Funkenstein, you are very mistaken, the only correct answer is answer 3). I wrote you this on Discord.
All unconfirmed transactions are made by the windows wallet of the old version, and the pools work with the new version of the wallet. They are not compatible for transactions, they can only confirm transactions of their versions, otherwise they are compatible. That is - the windows wallet transactions will be confirmed only by the blocks found under the old version of the wallet, and vice versa. Blocks without transactions confirm both wallets.
You have only one way out - this is updating your windows wallet or rolling back pools to the old version. A very big mistake was to leave on git. two versions of the wallet.
funkenstein (OP)
Legendary

Khazad ai-menu!

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2019, 11:47:06 AM

Funkenstein, you are very mistaken, the only correct answer is answer 3). I wrote you this on Discord.
All unconfirmed transactions are made by the windows wallet of the old version, and the pools work with the new version of the wallet. They are not compatible for transactions, they can only confirm transactions of their versions, otherwise they are compatible. That is - the windows wallet transactions will be confirmed only by the blocks found under the old version of the wallet, and vice versa. Blocks without transactions confirm both wallets.
You have only one way out - this is updating your windows wallet or rolling back pools to the old version. A very big mistake was to leave on git. two versions of the wallet.

Interesting, thank you Mony.  I have found that some transactions made with the android wallet took a long time to be added to the block chain, or even were not added.  Also, most transactions were added.   Similarly for transactions made by the woodcoin code and the woodcore code.  If you can point to something in the transaction that is different made by some version of the software, that would be very helpful.  I have not been able to find such a red flag unfortunately, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.   

mony68

Activity: 149
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2019, 08:00:32 AM

Interesting, thank you Mony.  I have found that some transactions made with the android wallet took a long time to be added to the block chain, or even were not added.  Also, most transactions were added.   Similarly for transactions made by the woodcoin code and the woodcore code.  If you can point to something in the transaction that is different made by some version of the software, that would be very helpful.  I have not been able to find such a red flag unfortunately, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.  

Posted in discord (dev)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: