Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:16:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Woodcoin [LOG] Pure Skein POW, Logarithmic Release, No Premine nor ICO  (Read 126074 times)
funkenstein (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1066
Merit: 1050

Khazad ai-menu!

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2014, 05:59:25 PM

Some nice cosmetic updates have been contributed and merged:

"Give me control over a coin's checkpoints and I care not who mines its blocks."
http://vtscc.org  http://woodcoin.info

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SalimNagamato
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 06:11:06 PM

need to compile again ?
i dont wanna reboot from linux Sad

not hashing, folding and curing (check FLDC merged-folding! reuse good GPUs)
Zer0p0inT

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 11:28:49 PM

I give up understanding how this coin works, but i will keep my coins. Maybe it's a cheap undiscovered alt that might turn out to be unique in the future. I still looking for some of these.  Smiley

SHITCOINS ARE THE FUTURE
Atomicat
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 06:39:33 AM
Last edit: November 22, 2014, 06:55:29 AM by Atomicat

Oh great Dr. Funkenstein who has done it to us in our ear-holes, I beg for your answer!

I have been using the Skeinminer program for solo-mining but as yet have seen no wood-chips fly.  I do know it is reading how many blocks are on the network, hash seems to be flying, but given the intervals I've seen the wallet kick out logs vs what should be expected... Well, I'll leave it on for a day, but could you tell me if there is a version of Minerd that does work?

AtomiCat!  Hope you are getting down with the wood blocks.  Chopping with wallet client is recommended,  It hashes almost as fast if not as fast as the standalone chopper and a lot easier to configure Smiley   Setgenerate = true and your mind will follow.  

Oh grandmaster of bootyship I must confess that my mojo has been bewitched!  My blood on a contract... and then they threw shiny things at me!  It was the Minions of Magi.  I swam in their pools, drank of their wines, they treated me really nicely!   As it is written... a man may have eight cores to follow the eight-fold way, he himself is only a single threaded app.

I do however always point questing wanderers towards the forest.

One question though, one question that runs through my brain.  I somehow sense that I must find the answer on my own.

That question...

Does an Atomic Dog have a Booty Nature?

bitillionaire

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

phm.link

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2014, 04:43:33 PM

I give up understanding how this coin works, but i will keep my coins. Maybe it's a cheap undiscovered alt that might turn out to be unique in the future. I still looking for some of these.  Smiley

Hard to see what you don't understand.

In any case, glad to see everyone's already been informed of the wallet update...

But have you heard about the forum devoted to Woodcoin yet?

Forgive the domain, it's a recycle; a more accurate domain will be added before a month is up--

http://thirstforfire.com - the forum for LOGgers!

bitillionaire

phm.link

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2014, 04:52:31 PM

need to compile again ?

Nope, you actually don't have to compile again.

Supposing all your dependencies are in the right places, the new update @ github includes a binary.

This statement also presumes that you're using a 64-bit system.

And, of course, for best measure, that you're using some form of the blessed U/X/Kubuntu.

SalimNagamato
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 04:59:08 PM

I meant for Windows user. if we need to compile for them.
DEV is not compiling for windows
for myself I only: git pull, make.. (Using blessed linux)

need to compile again ?

Supposing all your dependencies are in the right places, the new update @ github includes a binary.

And, of course, for best measure, that you're using some form of the blessed U/X/Kubuntu.

bitillionaire

phm.link

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2014, 08:39:38 PM

I meant for Windows user. if we need to compile for them.
DEV is not compiling for windows
for myself I only: git pull, make.. (Using blessed linux)

need to compile again ?

Well, given that I have Windows 7 (was there when I bought the 'puter, swear!) on the other hard drive here, I suppose I should compile a Windows executable sometime very soon.

You see that screenshot?

That's me. Smiley

funkenstein (OP)
Legendary

Khazad ai-menu!

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2014, 01:45:13 AM
Last edit: November 24, 2014, 02:19:03 PM by funkenstein

Oh grandmaster of bootyship I must confess that my mojo has been bewitched!  My blood on a contract... and then they threw shiny things at me!  It was the Minions of Magi.  I swam in their pools, drank of their wines, they treated me really nicely!   As it is written... a man may have eight cores to follow the eight-fold way, he himself is only a single threaded app.

I do however always point questing wanderers towards the forest.

One question though, one question that runs through my brain.  I somehow sense that I must find the answer on my own.

That question...

Does an Atomic Dog have a Booty Nature?

AtomiCat I sense the funk flowing through you.  
If you ask why must he, why must he, why must he chase the cat: It's nothing but the LOG in you.

These are noble concepts you drop on the funky sensibilities of the woodcutters and stackers.  I hope we can prove worthy.

"Excuse me, flows just flow through me
Like trees to branches, cliffs to avalanches"

"Give me control over a coin's checkpoints and I care not who mines its blocks."
SalimNagamato
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 03:04:48 PM

i think i got goxed in c-cex..
or just issues with their platform

EDIT. disregard... its fine now

funkenstein (OP)
Legendary

Khazad ai-menu!

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2014, 07:44:10 PM

i think i got goxed in c-cex..
or just issues with their platform

EDIT. disregard... its fine now

Thanks for reporting here Salim.  Woodcutters, keep us updated on exchanges please.       

bitillionaire

phm.link

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2014, 04:10:00 AM

The forum can now be accessed via woodcutting.club or thirstforfire.com

Cool

Would certainly be nice to see some more woodcutters show up to the club.

funkenstein (OP)
Legendary

Khazad ai-menu!

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2014, 08:37:29 PM

--Good evening woodcutters --  

Woodcoin is one month old!  Come take a breather from your chopping and hear of my tales of my travels through the lands of the ents.  
It's true, I have spoken with the trees.

_-_      
  /~~   ~~\      
/~~         ~~\    
 {               }    
  \  _-     -_  /    
  ~  \\ //  ~~  
        | |      
        | |      
       // \\      

To communicate properly with someone, you have to have some empathy with them.  One must be able to not only visualize but really to be in their predicament.  It's not always easy with the trees.  It takes a lot of time.  Of course without the help of the wizards and the elves I would have never had the opportunity.  

It turns out they run consensus networks as well, through massive root networks bridged by interaction with external fungal networks.  Block time is most often on the order of a year.  

I asked in a trance by the roots of a tall pine about slow networks.  They won't touch a coin with block time under 4 months.  
You'd be amazed what they can do!  Even if the block time is slow they get much more rapid transaction depth than you'd think.  Some kind of distributed mempool and global.  

And yet, apparently it was impossible for me to navigate.  The wizards said it was a spaghetti of multiple forks sometimes thousands of years old and yet all coexisting.  The ents are astronomers.  Big thinkers.  I'm not sure we're ready.      

Extremely friendly and beautiful creatures, the trees seem to speak in riddles.  I went into a trance and tried to visualize the network on the console and communicate with the tree beside me.  The tree seemed to tell me that I'm already mining in it's consensus network!  Something about the mitochondria of our cells as ASIC cores.                

I started to understand their transaction formats.  Extremely flexible protocols.  I realized part of what I couldn't understand was I couldn't find where the value or tokens were tallied in the transaction body.  The tree seemed to sense my trouble and told me that they had no need for artificial scarcity in their activities.  

It might sound crazy but it seemed almost like the trees are in an upsidedown world compared to my usual viewpoint.  Their heads are where we would call below the surface, and they dangle their legs "down" into the sky.  One thing I felt sure about was that we would not be alive here without them.  

-----

OK ok, lets get back to work.  I didn't just start this post to hint at future donations to tree hugging organizations, but yes these are indeed in the timeline soon enough.  I also would like to take this opportunity to thank the early supporters of woodcoin, in a sacrificial ceremony in honor of the trees.

The ents gave me a placeholder address for when we finally plug woodcoin in as a sidechain to the Gaia mainnet:

WeHonorTheForestsAndTheTrees4pPXTQ

I have sent a small donation Smiley  

shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 09:18:58 PM

--Good evening woodcutters --  

Woodcoin is one month old!  Come take a breather from your chopping and hear of my tales of my travels through the lands of the ents.  
It's true, I have spoken with the trees.

_-_      
  /~~   ~~\      
/~~         ~~\    
 {               }    
  \  _-     -_  /    
  ~  \\ //  ~~  
        | |      
        | |      
       // \\      

To communicate properly with someone, you have to have some empathy with them.  One must be able to not only visualize but really to be in their predicament.  It's not always easy with the trees.  It takes a lot of time.  Of course without the help of the wizards and the elves I would have never had the opportunity.  

It turns out they run consensus networks as well, through massive root networks bridged by interaction with external fungal networks.  Block time is most often on the order of a year.  

I asked in a trance by the roots of a tall pine about slow networks.  They won't touch a coin with block time under 4 months.  
You'd be amazed what they can do!  Even if the block time is slow they get much more rapid transaction depth than you'd think.  Some kind of distributed mempool and global.  

And yet, apparently it was impossible for me to navigate.  The wizards said it was a spaghetti of multiple forks sometimes thousands of years old and yet all coexisting.  The ents are astronomers.  Big thinkers.  I'm not sure we're ready.      

Extremely friendly and beautiful creatures, the trees seem to speak in riddles.  I went into a trance and tried to visualize the network on the console and communicate with the tree beside me.  The tree seemed to tell me that I'm already mining in it's consensus network!  Something about the mitochondria of our cells as ASIC cores.                

I started to understand their transaction formats.  Extremely flexible protocols.  I realized part of what I couldn't understand was I couldn't find where the value or tokens were tallied in the transaction body.  The tree seemed to sense my trouble and told me that they had no need for artificial scarcity in their activities.  

It might sound crazy but it seemed almost like the trees are in an upsidedown world compared to my usual viewpoint.  Their heads are where we would call below the surface, and they dangle their legs "down" into the sky.  One thing I felt sure about was that we would not be alive here without them.  

-----

OK ok, lets get back to work.  I didn't just start this post to hint at future donations to tree hugging organizations, but yes these are indeed in the timeline soon enough.  I also would like to take this opportunity to thank the early supporters of woodcoin, in a sacrificial ceremony in honor of the trees.

The ents gave me a placeholder address for when we finally plug woodcoin in as a sidechain to the Gaia mainnet:

WeHonorTheForestsAndTheTrees4pPXTQ

I have sent a small donation Smiley  

Ha ha

I enjoy your posts.  Have been mining this off and on.

is this an actual Woodcoin address?  I hope so because I sent a donation.
funkenstein (OP)
Legendary

Khazad ai-menu!

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2014, 10:35:09 PM

Ha ha

I enjoy your posts.  Have been mining this off and on.

is this an actual Woodcoin address?  I hope so because I sent a donation.

Thanks!!  

Well, as for the Ents address it is an actual address (you can look it up on the block chain) however it is one for which the private key does not exist.  Any donation to this kind of address is effectively a donation to all other LOG stackers, as far as I can tell.   

bitillionaire

phm.link

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2014, 02:07:23 AM
Last edit: November 28, 2014, 04:13:18 AM by bitillionaire

I don't like C-Cex at all.

I've submitted a request to have Woodcoin on BTER.

Everyone else here should do the same, I should think; everyone with any of the 5.5M LOGs in circulation.

Their interface is better, their volumes are better. And Woodcoin is better than C-Cex.

bitillionaire

phm.link

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2014, 04:06:41 AM

Okay, happy to report it's now on the voting list at BTER.

funkenstein (OP)
Legendary

Khazad ai-menu!

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2014, 04:04:22 PM

Nice work bitillionaire!  What is wrong with C-Cex and why do you like BTER?  

Woodcutters.  Please tell what you would like to see next:

1) bitcoin-core front end

2) electrum front end

3) android SPV client front end

4) multibit front end

5) smelting

6) more stories from middle earth

DougB62

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 07:16:08 PM

Nice work bitillionaire!  What is wrong with C-Cex and why do you like BTER?  

Woodcutters.  Please tell what you would like to see next:

1) bitcoin-core front end

2) electrum front end

3) android SPV client front end

4) multibit front end

5) smelting

6) more stories from middle earth

Ha! Definitely #6!  Cheesy
acquafredda
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1481

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 09:43:13 AM

Here comes another lumberjack!
Hi everybody! I really like this coin and this funny and ironic community!
 Wink

Voted on bter by the way.

Very nice...  Cool
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: