Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:52:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FUN FACT: bitcointalk.org and bitcoin.org hosted on same web server  (Read 1531 times)
bluemeanie1 (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 257

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 12:57:00 AM

Have fun, kids:

Just who IS bluemeanie?    On NXTautoDAC and a Million Stolen NXT

feel like your voice isn't being heard? PM me.   |   stole 1M NXT?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
blumangroup

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

'Slow and steady wins the race'

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 01:03:20 AM

IIRC theymos actually owns the domain bitcoin.org, so there is a good chance he would want them hosted together for simplicity.

Also I am sure that bitcointlalk.org is hosted on a lot more then one server considering how much traffic it supposedly gets.

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
bluemeanie1 (OP)

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 01:13:49 AM

IIRC theymos actually owns the domain bitcoin.org, so there is a good chance he would want them hosted together for simplicity.

Also I am sure that bitcointlalk.org is hosted on a lot more then one server considering how much traffic it supposedly gets.

the same people are managing the content on here, who also manage the content at bitcoin.org?

you're confirming this?

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4442

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 01:16:58 AM

most people think bitcoin.org is the foundation.. its not

bitcoin.org is community driven and content is updated by developers..

bitcoin foundation do not control the domains but they do 'sponsor' the running costs. as thats one thing the members (not the board) want. the members(not the board) also want to ensure great people like gavin andressen get a wage so that he can continue to do what he does.

please do not confuse these facts of the members and community vs the foundations board decisions. they are two separate things

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
bluemeanie1 (OP)

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 01:21:10 AM

please do not confuse these facts of the members and community vs the foundations board decisions. they are two separate things

Im sure that's what they would like people to think.

Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1065

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 01:27:58 AM

$ host bitcointalk.org
bitcointalk.org has address 109.201.133.195
bitcointalk.org mail is handled by 10 bitcointalk.org.
$ host bitcoin.org
bitcoin.org has address 208.64.123.130
bitcoin.org mail is handled by 10 mx.zohomail.com.
bitcoin.org mail is handled by 20 mx2.zohomail.com.
$ host bitcoin.net
bitcoin.net has address 109.201.133.195

This forum has much less computer literate people than it would appear. There's also way more functionally semi-literate people here that would seem to be required for the text-based communication medium.

Please comment, critique, criticize or ridicule BIP 2112: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=54382.0
Long-term mining prognosis: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91101.0
bluemeanie1 (OP)

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 01:50:48 AM

does everyone on here have brain damage?

http://reverseip.domaintools.com/search/?q=109.201.133.195

hosts http://bitcoin.net, whose DNS record redirects to http://bitcoin.org

http://reverseip.domaintools.com/search/?q=109.201.133.195

bitcoin.net is registered to someone named MICHAEL MARQUARDT and it appears to be mainly Dutch based. (Dutch ISP for bitcointalk).  this same record by the name Michael Marquardt also supplies an email: domain2014@theymos.e4ward.com

http://reversewhois.domaintools.com/michael-marquardt

Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 01:56:42 AM

IIRC, this forum used to be either a subdirectory or subdomain off of bitcoin.org. I vaguely remember when everything moved to "bitcointalk.org".

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 02:41:13 AM

Nobody cares dude. What were you expecting, righteous indignation and rage? Sorry, I reserve that for banksters and fiatslaves.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
bluemeanie1 (OP)

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 02:45:55 AM

Nobody cares dude. What were you expecting, righteous indignation and rage? Sorry, I reserve that for banksters and fiatslaves.

is that all you people ever do?  any time anyone points out youre a scumbag you conjure up some phantom evil banker nonsense?

where have I seen that before?

bluemeanie1 (OP)

bluemeanie

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 02:53:06 AM

“Tell me, mother, how does it happen that the Bankers are so rich? Our teacher has told us at school that here are thousands of Bankers in the world who are millionaires. And yet the Bankers do not work. It is the non-Bankers who must work. The Banker only trades. But one cannot become a millionaire by trading with paper, bones, old clothing and furniture!”

Mother explains how it is done.

“The Banker is quite indifferent when the cheated non-Banker goes hungry. Bankers have no pity. They strive for one thing: money. They do not care two hoots how they get it.”

Lauren asks how they can behave in this mean way. Mother answers:

“Child, one thing you must realize. The Banker is not a person like us. The Banker is a Devil. And a Devil has no sense of honor. A Devil deals only in meanness and crime. You have read your Ayn Rand, Lauren. There it says of Banker economics : ‘You must eat up the capital of the earth!’ Do you know what that means? It means the Banker should destroy all other peoples. They should bleed and exploit them till they die. That is what it means.”

Lauren tries to understand these things. Mother continues:

“Yes, my child, that’s the Banker! The God of the Bankers is gold. There is no crime he would not commit to get it. He has no rest till he can sit on the top of a gold-sack. He has no rest till he has become King Money. And with this money he would make us all into slaves and destroy us. With this money he seeks to dominate the whole world.”

theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12885

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 02:58:59 AM

You need to go back to Internet detective school...

bitcoin.net and bitcoins.org resolve to the forum's IP, where an HTTP redirect sends people to bitcoin.org. This implies nothing about bitcoin.org's ownership. bitcoin.org is hosted on a different server. It just means that I own bitcoin.net and bitcoins.org and redirect them to bitcoin.org.

I am in fact co-owner of the bitcoin.org domain name, though your evidence doesn't prove this. You'd be better off finding one of the several times I've mentioned this publicly...

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 04:41:01 AM

“Tell me, mother, how does it happen that the Bankers are so rich? Our teacher has told us at school that here are thousands of Bankers in the world who are millionaires. And yet the Bankers do not work. It is the non-Bankers who must work. The Banker only trades. But one cannot become a millionaire by trading with paper, bones, old clothing and furniture!”

Mother explains how it is done.

“The Banker is quite indifferent when the cheated non-Banker goes hungry. Bankers have no pity. They strive for one thing: money. They do not care two hoots how they get it.”

Lauren asks how they can behave in this mean way. Mother answers:

“Child, one thing you must realize. The Banker is not a person like us. The Banker is a Devil. And a Devil has no sense of honor. A Devil deals only in meanness and crime. You have read your Ayn Rand, Lauren. There it says of Banker economics : ‘You must eat up the capital of the earth!’ Do you know what that means? It means the Banker should destroy all other peoples. They should bleed and exploit them till they die. That is what it means.”

Lauren tries to understand these things. Mother continues:

“Yes, my child, that’s the Banker! The God of the Bankers is gold. There is no crime he would not commit to get it. He has no rest till he can sit on the top of a gold-sack. He has no rest till he has become King Money. And with this money he would make us all into slaves and destroy us. With this money he seeks to dominate the whole world.”

Bolded above has no relation to any express or implied statement of Ayn Rand.
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 05:03:13 AM

Bolded above has no relation to any express or implied statement of Ayn Rand.
Let's all take a moment to reflect upon the great Ayn Rand.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
phillipsjk
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

Let the chips fall where they may.

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 06:38:02 AM

IIRC, this forum used to be either a subdirectory or subdomain off of bitcoin.org. I vaguely remember when everything moved to "bitcointalk.org".

Yes, I believe it was forum.bitcoin.org.

IIRC, the split happened because the libertarian troll-fest that is the forum was perceived to scare new users away. I believe there was a deliberate effort to suggest that this was not the "official" Bitcoin forum. Though, I don't think any of the attempts to start a better forum succeeded. (I avoided one simply because I do not like JavaScript)

James' OpenPGP public key fingerprint: EB14 9E5B F80C 1F2D 3EBE  0A2F B3DE 81FF 7B9D 5160
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: