Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:11:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptomine.io - SHA-256 & Scrypt Unlimited Mining Contracts  (Read 30982 times)
SEnergy

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 11:56:08 PM

Hi everyone, sorry for the long pause, but I didn't have time to check in the last few days.
We've had to replace some equipment the last few days and that's also why BTC profitability has been slightly lower than expected the last few days.
We will also be adjusting our prices a little starting Monday, as difficulty has increased since we set up shop.

The problem with not being able to purchase has been coming up for a while and it will be addressed by technical next week. The issue appears on some versions of Firefox and Chrome. For me it is happening  on Firefox 33.1.1 for example.

Regarding profitability, we are one of the most profitable cloud mining services on the market. Expected ROI time is between 3 and 4 months.
The electricity/maintenance fees we charge are 6 to 8 times smaller than our competitors and this can really be felt.  You can also find profitability estimation graphs on our website  and indicators on the "Mining Power" section of the user control panel, from where contracts are purchased.
To sum it up, yes, we are more profitable. And we will be lowering our rates a little on Monday too.

can I ask you why all the photos of "management" disappeared around the time you replied, after I pointed out that the photo of one of your co-founders was actually a photo from some arabic news site?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 12:45:18 AM
Last edit: December 31, 2014, 04:56:05 PM by tmfp

[snip]

can I ask you why all the photos of "management" disappeared around the time you replied, after I pointed out that the photo of one of your co-founders was actually a photo from some arabic news site?

How strange.
Bit of a rocky start so far, wouldn't you say?
Falling out with each other, dodgy sig campaign, purchasing glitch, profitability down, equipment down and of course, the superheroes on your ass and now this, one of your "team of experts" looks very similar to a reporter working for an Iranian news agency and then hey presto everybody's photographs vanish.
What next in your list of calamities?
'Hydropower dam' affected by drought?

Shit does happen of course, so how about a straight answer to a simple question...are you Eric Rosby?
As in this screenshot of your home page before you deleted the pictures?
If so, how about some proof?

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
Cryptomine.io

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2014, 01:23:38 AM

why did I find a picture of one of your co-owners on arabic news site, saying something about suicide bombing?

http://www.tasnimnews.com/arabic/Home/Single/452153

This thing is turning into quite the little Jerry Springer show. It certainly seems that we are beginning to bother certain key players in this industry and we haven't even wet our feet properly.

First of all, everybody should relax. We have no terrorist connections and we don't plan to kill the Pope or resurrect Mussolini any time soon either.   

I actually feel a little flattered by this. It's mind blowing to see what our competitors would resort to just to see us out of business. Not going to happen. And we're certainly not going to be sabotaged by such childish and amateurish behavior.

This whole thing with the "pictures of founding members" started as an insignificant design detail  and is now getting blown way out of proportions.
It began when our designer asked for our pictures to put in little bubbles on the mainpage, as that was his perfect design vision for our website. Some of us  said yes, some said no,  but the designer went ahead and filled all said bubbles with pictures. I didn't think much of this then, as  we all know that stock photography sites are full of pictures of business people, meant specifically to be used in webdesign.  So I just assumed this was the case at hand. Anyway, for the time being, no more pictures of anyone on our website, as this is not and shouldn't be the focus of our operation.

Now, the interesting part. On our first day online, a certain badbitcoin project member asked for our pool stratum address as proof of legitimacy. I explained that I cannot give that kind of information away, even if they are the alleged coin mining police, as that would expose the pool to ddos attacks and all sorts of other risks. Not to mention that the pool is not being managed by us personally.
Not even 10 minutes went by and we were officially flagged as a scam operation, after they found one of the filler pictures on some site in Arabic.
I browsed around the badbitcoin list of bad websites and it immediately seemed curious why the two largest, very well established obvious bitcoin mining scams weren't mentioned there. I even asked them about this, but apparently badbitcoin is  either very easy to fool or some of their members are serving certain interests by keeping possible competitors at bay. This fact made me loose faith in their good intentions, as what good is a scam reporting initiative if the biggest ones have been operating freely for the better part of a year, right under their noses?

I'm trying to be delicate here, but these slanderous tactics are obviously originating from a competitor's point of view and reasoning. It is disgusting to see people addressing competition this way. Instead of trying to offer the best service possible, why not smother the others with dirt and outrageous accusation? Just for the impact value, at least. People will have to settle for what is left, right?

We are the first cloud mining service able to offer substantially profitable contracts and judging from the public response since our signature campaign began last week, we're obviously drawing clients away from lesser, but more established services. So, we're obviously terrorists. And baby snatchers.

At this point, everyone can draw their own conclusion. But think about it.. Doesn't it make your skin crawl to see this type of dirty political tactics being used here?

So, the terrorism card is on the table. What's next? I'm curious...  If you think that slander and headbutting is enough to overshadow the best cryptocurrency mining opportunity available, you are mistaken.
We might not be perfect and we may have 2 or 3 minor glitches to fix right now. But we're taking everything step by step and ironing out all imperfections as we expand.

A rocky start is just another chance to learn and prove one's worth. Not everyone is lucky enough to get such an opportunity.

Have a good night.

SEnergy

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 01:40:26 AM

actually, I'm not trying to get you out of business IF you are a legit company, nor I'm your competitor, actually I spent whole day looking at different cloudmining providers to see, which one is actually legit, with good prices and fees, and I didn't say you are terrorists at all, but if you translate the news page I posted with chrome, you can find several sentences about bombs and suicidal bombing, NOT a word about cryptocurrency

also if you really want ppl to trust you, no matter if you are legit or scam, it should be better to use your own photos, photos of your hardware/datacenter and possibly working facebook redirect button, also twitter with 2 followers that has no tweets, especially when you had 20% price drop on black friday, or whatever it was? how does that look legit?
peligro

Activity: 593
Merit: 500

1NoBanksLuJPXf8Sc831fPqjrRpkQPKkEA

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 01:49:05 AM

It began when our designer asked for our pictures to put in little bubbles on the mainpage, as that was his perfect design vision for our website. Some of us  said yes, some said no,  but the designer went ahead and filled all said bubbles with pictures. I didn't think much of this then, as  we all know that stock photography sites are full of pictures of business people, meant specifically to be used in webdesign.  So I just assumed this was the case at hand.

Such an expected excuse.

You were fine with stock images being used in your name. It shows your intent was always to deceive.

I believe the ramble about your rivals trying to destroy you. Why shouldn't they when you gave them all the ammunition.
Cryptomine.io

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2014, 02:05:06 AM

actually, I'm not trying to get you out of business IF you are a legit company, nor I'm your competitor, actually I spent whole day looking at different cloudmining providers to see, which one is actually legit, with good prices and fees, and I didn't say you are terrorists at all, but if you translate the news page I posted with chrome, you can find several sentences about bombs and suicidal bombing, NOT a word about cryptocurrency

also if you really want ppl to trust you, no matter if you are legit or scam, it should be better to use your own photos, photos of your hardware/datacenter and possibly working facebook redirect button, also twitter with 2 followers that has no tweets, especially when you had 20% price drop on black friday, or whatever it was? how does that look legit?

I was not talking about you, don't get me wrong.
We have not yet began social media coverage and right now our marketing campaign is limited to the signature advertising campaign on this forum. Frankly, we did the 20% black Friday price drop as it was quite affordable.
I believe in a tiered approach to marketing, without firing all cannons at once. It has to do with our future plans and investment strategy. Money is great to have on hand, as long as you have what to do with it. We're taking everything one step at a time. Please don't interpret the current lack of this and that as negligence. It's simply not time yet. From our point of view at least.
We cannot afford to get this wrong, as there is no insurance company that will back cloud mining. The difficulty increments seem to be easier to swallow right now, so we're taking our time.

I understand how this issue with the pictures comes across now, but we had a million things to think about when we launched and design and pictures were not that important at the time.

As far as our rivals are concerned, they are most welcome to try. We will continue to focus on providing the best possible service and on keeping our clients satisfied. I bet this is the winning strategy in the long run, as the bad thing with ammunition is that it eventually runs out.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 02:11:31 AM

It began when our designer asked for our pictures to put in little bubbles on the mainpage, as that was his perfect design vision for our website. Some of us  said yes, some said no,  but the designer went ahead and filled all said bubbles with pictures. I didn't think much of this then, as  we all know that stock photography sites are full of pictures of business people, meant specifically to be used in webdesign.  So I just assumed this was the case at hand.

Such an expected excuse.

You were fine with stock images being used in your name. It shows your intent was always to deceive.

I believe the ramble about your rivals trying to destroy you. Why shouldn't they when you gave them all the ammunition.

To be fair, this actually happened to a writer friend of mine. She didn't want to provide a picture for an article she had written and the next day some twinkle toothed stock brunette was gracing the page. It's not uncommon in crypto

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
kotwica666
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1035

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 02:25:36 AM

at the beginning I get 1 MH  and till now it works great .. Thanks guys!

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....

Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 08:34:29 AM

So the pictures where fake. Big shocker! How about the names, want to admit "your web designer" made those up as well?
Cryptomine.io

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2014, 09:04:30 AM

So the pictures where fake. Big shocker! How about the names, want to admit "your web designer" made those up as well?

No, not just yet. Thanks for the suggestion, though.
Anything to please a fan, but unfortunately those are our actual names.  Nevertheless, you can call me anything you like if it helps you get over yourself.
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 09:16:21 AM

So you want us to believe that from a management team of 5, that managed to raise millions of dollars, no one has any online presence whatsoever?
None of those names match with any linkedin profiles.  Are you telling me none of you are on linkedin ?
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1566

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2014, 10:54:04 AM

No, not just yet. Thanks for the suggestion, though.
Anything to please a fan, but unfortunately those are our actual names.  Nevertheless, you can call me anything you like if it helps you get over yourself.

Simple question, are you able to prove your identity or not?

Since we already know your name: Eric Rosby and you already put your photo on the website (or was that one fake too?) - that shouldn't be a problem. Am I wrong?

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 11:34:56 AM
Last edit: December 06, 2014, 11:51:15 AM by tmfp

It began when our designer asked for our pictures to put in little bubbles on the mainpage, as that was his perfect design vision for our website. Some of us  said yes, some said no,  but the designer went ahead and filled all said bubbles with pictures.....

Such an expected excuse.

You were fine with stock images being used in your name. It shows your intent was always to deceive...

To be fair, this actually happened to a writer friend of mine. She didn't want to provide a picture for an article she had written and the next day some twinkle toothed stock brunette was gracing the page. It's not uncommon in crypto

Hey, I know Bitcoinland has its own rules, but don't you really see any difference between the two scenarios?
It's not "uncommon in crypto" for the whole management team of successful million dollar startups to be portrayed on their own website by pictures of other people??
A few examples please.
Nice sig btw.

And this

So you want us to believe that from a management team of 5, that managed to raise millions of dollars, no one has any online presence whatsoever?

So, the terrorism card is on the table.

The prize for STRAWMAN OF THE WEEK goes to Eric Rosby. Or whoever the hell you are.

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
pawel7777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2014, 12:11:32 PM

Hey, I know Bitcoinland has its own rules, but don't you really see any difference between the two scenarios?
It's not "uncommon in crypto" for the whole management team of successful million dollar startups to be portrayed on their own website by pictures of other people??
A few examples please.

It's also worth to point out that they've changed the layout of the photos. Initially, photos were placed all together without any names stated. So if originally designer used random photos, they surely would have noticed when changing the layout and providing the names for each photo.

▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

.PLAY NOW.
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 01:23:20 PM

Regarding profitability, we are one of the most profitable cloud mining services on the market. Expected ROI time is between 3 and 4 months.
The electricity/maintenance fees we charge are 6 to 8 times smaller than our competitors and this can really be felt.  You can also find profitability estimation graphs on our website  and indicators on the "Mining Power" section of the user control panel, from where contracts are purchased.
To sum it up, yes, we are more profitable. And we will be lowering our rates a little on Monday too.

Do you also get your mining hardware for less than your competitors too?
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1057

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2014, 01:32:19 PM

Everyone's entitled to an opinion. I think I made my point clearly enough. You two seem awfully hungry for a fight, but you'll have to find someone with enough time to spare for that.
It's good that you are both so skeptical. You might just be very surprised in the long run..

Now, on to a different topic...

Thank you everyone for the support shown until now. Our signature ad campaign will begin on Monday.

There will be a scheduled maintenance downtime tomorrow night, as quite a few users pointed out website incompatibility with certain browser versions and ad blocking software. We will address this and also implement other minor tweaks.

We will begin social media coverage next week.

More payment and withdrawal options will be implemented until the Holidays.

Have a good weekend, everyone!

Any future plans to offer other altcoin mining like x11/x15 multi coin mining? Also, what kind of withdrawal options are you looking at putting in?

Thanks
kotwica666
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1035

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 04:31:22 PM

why did I find a picture of one of your co-owners on arabic news site, saying something about suicide bombing?

http://www.tasnimnews.com/arabic/Home/Single/452153

This thing is turning into quite the little Jerry Springer show. It certainly seems that we are beginning to bother certain key players in this industry and we haven't even wet our feet properly.

First of all, everybody should relax. We have no terrorist connections and we don't plan to kill the Pope or resurrect Mussolini any time soon either.   

Maybe, if you don't put out false information , that might never happen.

Anyway, it would be good to see some proof that the information is true.

.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....

pawel7777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2014, 05:51:45 PM

On top of the other issues, there's another one.

Why the hell do you disclose email addresses of affiliates to the referrers? Why would referrer need to know that and most of all, how's that in compliance with Data Protection Act?

Luckily, no one signed through my ref link when I was participating in the sig campaign (I signed up with made-up details to test how it works).

▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

.PLAY NOW.
Cryptomine.io

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2014, 06:25:36 PM

I see this is turning into a wild witch hunt.
Please keep your tone decent and try to maintain insults to a minimum. We do not owe anyone any kind of explanation, as far as I know and information about myself and the management team will be made available in the future if we consider this would be beneficial to our service. We offer a clear service and for the moment this is more than enough.

Please stop wasting your breath and find another place to blow off steam. 
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 06:31:42 PM

It began when our designer asked for our pictures to put in little bubbles on the mainpage, as that was his perfect design vision for our website. Some of us  said yes, some said no,  but the designer went ahead and filled all said bubbles with pictures.....

Such an expected excuse.

You were fine with stock images being used in your name. It shows your intent was always to deceive...

A few examples please.
Nice sig btw.

And this

So, the terrorism card is on the table.

The prize for STRAWMAN OF THE WEEK goes to Eric Rosby. Or whoever the hell you are.

I'm not saying it isn't odd. But I trade on Btc-e, the shadiest place on Earth. I walk on the wild side

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: