Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:25:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Interested in selling my 2007 SLK 280 for bitcoins  (Read 2912 times)
coblee (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 06:52:58 PM

I'm trying to see if anyone is interested in buying a car for bitcoins. I'm in the SF bay area. Don't know the price yet, but we could talk about pricing if you are interested. It would likely be in the >5000 bitcoins range. I can post more info if anyone is interested.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 06:54:24 PM

pity I am lightyears away :/

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
xurious

Activity: 413
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 07:13:43 PM

Are you in the US?

I've never understood this about people buying bikes, cards, snowmobiles, etc. If you really want it, and it's a good deal, isn't it worth driving a few hours to pick up something you'll enjoy for the next few years?

I've driven 10 hours one way to purchase a motorcycle.

As far as this car, it's an SLK. Depending on how serious you are it's worth flying out to take a look. Fly there, drive back.

Free bump. I'm curious to see if this sells and for how much.

SiaMining.com -- First PPS SiaMining Pool! 3%, VarDiff, Stratum Support
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 07:15:23 PM

For my last car, I paid less than 100 bucks for a plane ticket, and drove home. Winning!

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
gusti
Legendary

Activity: 1099
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 07:16:41 PM

Nice car. Can you please post some photos ?

If you don't own the private keys, you don't own the coins.
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 07:57:24 PM

Are you in the US?

I've never understood this about people buying bikes, cards, snowmobiles, etc. If you really want it, and it's a good deal, isn't it worth driving a few hours to pick up something you'll enjoy for the next few years?

I've driven 10 hours one way to purchase a motorcycle.

As far as this car, it's an SLK. Depending on how serious you are it's worth flying out to take a look. Fly there, drive back.

Free bump. I'm curious to see if this sells and for how much.

Lightyears away should have given you an idea, Im on a whole other continent Wink

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
David_Benz
Donator

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

you got hacked bitch!

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 08:05:05 PM

I'm trying to see if anyone is interested in buying a car for bitcoins. I'm in the SF bay area. Don't know the price yet, but we could talk about pricing if you are interested. It would likely be in the >5000 bitcoins range. I can post more info if anyone is interested.

I might be interested.  I am not light years away ... but certainly not far.

Dead serious.  I am down the I-5 from you too.  I would fly down and get the car.

I am the Bitcoinica Hacker.
coblee (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 08:45:03 PM

Here's my craigslist listing:
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/3033867282.html

The car has low mileage and has a really nice upgrade that I put in. I added a chip that allowed me to use the key remote to open/close the convertible top. So when I park, I can just walk out and have it close behind me. Or when I am close to the car, I can have it opened before I even get to the car. Normally, you need to be in the car with the engine on and hold onto a switch the whole time while the top opens or closes... and it's a real pain.

And the aftermarket navigation is an Eclipse AVN6620. It's very similar to Toyota's navigation since it's based on the same software: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-TKD5mklSCzL/p_099AVN6620/Eclipse-AVN6620.html

Let me know if you are seriously interested.

David_Benz
Donator

you got hacked bitch!

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 08:47:24 PM

The car has low mileage and has a really nice upgrade that I put in. I added a chip that allowed me to use the key remote to open/close the convertible top. So when I park, I can just walk out and have it close behind me. Or when I am close to the car, I can have it opened before I even get to the car. Normally, you need to be in the car with the engine on and hold onto a switch the whole time while the top opens or closes... and it's a real pain.

And the aftermarket navigation is an Eclipse AVN6620. It's very similar to Toyota's navigation since it's based on the same software: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-TKD5mklSCzL/p_099AVN6620/Eclipse-AVN6620.html

Good Lord that is a sexy car.  I have driven the BMW 760i and the Benz v12 Kompressor.  Benz freaking scared me.  Faster then my bosses Modena.  (Modeno?) 

Anyhow, I will crunch some numbers and get back to you.  I have been saving for a mini-rig or two ... but how cool would it be to buy a freaking SLK with BTC?  Sounds pretty rad to me LOL

coblee (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 08:52:59 PM

Good Lord that is a sexy car.  I have driven the BMW 760i and the Benz v12 Kompressor.  Benz freaking scared me.  Faster then my bosses Modena.  (Modeno?) 

Anyhow, I will crunch some numbers and get back to you.  I have been saving for a mini-rig or two ... but how cool would it be to buy a freaking SLK with BTC?  Sounds pretty rad to me LOL

Yeah, I wonder if this may be one of the most expensive thing sold for bitcoins. Well in terms of number of bitcoins, nothing beats the 10,000 btc for 2 pizzas. 1 pizza = 1 slk Smiley

David_Benz
Donator

you got hacked bitch!

View Profile
May 23, 2012, 08:56:04 PM

Yeah, I wonder if this may be one of the most expensive thing sold for bitcoins. Well in terms of number of bitcoins, nothing beats the 10,000 btc for 2 pizzas. 1 pizza = 1 slk Smiley

Yeah I heard about those days.  So freaking crazy!!  I wonder if Namecoin will blow up like that.

Anyhow, I will stop fudging up your thread Smiley

BoardGameCoin

Activity: 283

View Profile
May 24, 2012, 05:28:42 AM

sub, interested to see what happens here...

Out of curiousity, are any of you interested in mechanic service for BTC? I have a brother who owns a shop and I've been talking with him about accepting bitcoins. Unfortunately for OP/etc, we're east coast, but I'm curious if/how far you'd be interested in mechanic work for bitcoins.

-bgc

I'm selling great Minion Games like The Manhattan Project, Kingdom of Solomon and Venture Forth at 4% off retail starting June 2012. PM me or go to my thread in the Marketplace if you're interested.

For Settlers/Dominion/Carcassone etc., I do email gift cards on Amazon for a 5% fee. PM if you're interested.
ataranlen

Activity: 846
Merit: 1000

The One and Only

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2012, 03:06:47 PM

Very Interested! Outside of my price range, though.

MineTexas.com Minecraft Server We accept Bitcoin and Dogecoin.
Deepbit on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Deepbit/151108048294815
coblee (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 05:31:26 AM

bump to see if there's anyone else interested.

riX

Activity: 326
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 08:14:43 AM

Did you sell it? I noticed it was removed from craigslist.
If you do sell it for bitcoins, it would be cool if you could make a video of the transaction or something, might have enough publicity value for your bitcoins to get worth even more =).

Sorry, I can't help you with your lost password.

PGP key: 0x9F31802C79642F25
coblee (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 03:00:43 AM

Did you sell it? I noticed it was removed from craigslist.
If you do sell it for bitcoins, it would be cool if you could make a video of the transaction or something, might have enough publicity value for your bitcoins to get worth even more =).

I'm still selling it. The craigslist ad just expired. Here's my ebay listing:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/?cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p3984.m1562.l2649&item=330741002718&sspagename=STRK%3AMEUSX%3AIT#ht_500wt_1182

coblee (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2012, 03:24:32 AM

I've reduced the price. I'm willing to sell it for 4400 btc. Any takers? Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: