Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:46:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Justice Under Anarchy  (Read 21433 times)
mewantsbitcoins

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 05:27:31 PM

Why should humans follow this concept of non-aggression principle? Why should we follow a rule of ethic that prohibit murder, rape, and so on?

Don't do to others what you don't want done to you

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NghtRppr (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2011, 05:41:46 PM

I don't understand why this is so other than the fact that you said so. But as it is off-topic we'll just leave that unexplored.

Why is murder wrong other than the fact I said so?

I get to pick which rules to obey? So if I don't agree with the rules not to empty my toilet into your your drinking water supply I can do it without any consequences? Interesting.

That's a form of aggression against my property.

I'll just have to find somewhere to live where everyone else around me pays to have guards patrolling and I'll be fine.

Unless, of course, the people running the private security firms are going to want to discourage that by working together to compile lists of unprotected properties. When your name/address doesn't show up on the list, you'll be on the criminals' lists instead.

Not at all. I have something against "they kill someone from our gang, we kill some from theirs" mentality.

If you take my stereo, you ideally owe me my stereo plus restitution. If you can't give me my stereo back, you owe me a stereo of equal value. If you take my life, you ideally owe me my life plus restitution. Since you can't give me my life back, you owe me a life of equal value. Since all human lives are of equal value and since you can only give me your life, you owe me your life. Since I'm dead, you owe my family your life. How can someone that commits murder protest any of this? If you don't like it, don't murder people. I don't have much sympathy for murderers.

So would someone who doesn't want medical attention because their imaginary friend told them not to be qualified as "fully rational"?

Yes, people are allowed to be wrong.

How about someone who is watching their kid starve, would they be concidered to be fully rational?

That's not enough information. Are they doing it because they are mean bastards or because they are crazy?

How about under the influence of drugs?

That depends on how much under the influence. Did they smoke a joint or did they smoke an ounce of PCP?

Temporary mental illness?

Obviously not, until the temporary mental illness passes.

Is this all you've got, a shotgun blast full of questions in the hopes that I can't answer them? If I can't answer every question to the smallest detail then "Aha! Anarchism can't work!"? That would be an argument from ignorance. You can't just ask questions and hope to stump someone. You have to make an actual argument for why it can't work.
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 05:50:22 PM

Why should I follow that rule? What if I can get away with it?

rezin777

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 06:00:55 PM

If you can get away with it, and it doesn't go against your morals, go for it. It doesn't matter what kind of government we have or what type of society we live in if that's the case.

You should be prepared for the consequences when the day comes that you don't get away with it though.
mewantsbitcoins

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 06:06:11 PM

I've seen a lot of people like you. It all ends in tears eventually. It is very unfortunate and saddens me deeply that few exceptions inspire millions of people to become cunts
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 06:06:36 PM

You should be prepared for the consequences when the day comes that you don't get away with it though.

So I shouldn't do certain things because some people might be out to get me.

What if I time travel back and save the Jews and the nazi comes out to get me?

kiba
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 06:09:22 PM

I've seen a lot of people like you. It all ends in tears eventually. It is very unfortunate and saddens me deeply that few exceptions inspire millions of people to become cunts
Congratulation, confusing the messenger with the message.

Apparently, you never have to deal with a sneaky son-of-the-bitch socialpath.

JohnDoe

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 06:12:04 PM

You couldn't answer the question so you resort to a personal attack. Try again.
rezin777

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 06:14:09 PM

So I shouldn't do certain things because some people might be out to get me?

What if I time travel back and save the Jews and the nazi comes out to get me?

I said nothing about someone who is out to get you.

We were talking about non-aggression here weren't we? The nazis were the aggressors, so you have every right to attempt to save the Jews.

I'm suggesting that if you try to initiate force against someone, be prepared for force in return.
BitterTea

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 06:15:08 PM

Why should humans follow this concept of non-aggression principle? Why should we follow a rule of ethic that prohibit murder, rape, and so on?

Because if you murder and rape others, you are implicitly stating that that such behavior is acceptable. Therefore you have no argument when others rape and murder you. Do you want to be raped and murdered?
mewantsbitcoins

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 06:17:37 PM

Because if you murder and rape others, you are implicitly stating that that such behavior is acceptable. Therefore you have no argument when others rape and murder you. Do you want to be raped and murdered?

He can get away with it  Cheesy
mewantsbitcoins

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 06:23:41 PM

You couldn't answer the question so you resort to a personal attack. Try again.

What do you mean I didn't? My answer to the question why shouldn't he murder and rape while thinking he can get away with it is: It all ends in tears eventually. The rest is my personal view towards such members of society.
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 06:29:15 PM

What do you mean I didn't? My answer to the question why shouldn't he murder and rape while thinking he can get away with it is: It all ends in tears eventually. The rest is my personal view towards such members of society.

What if I get away with it, every single time? Saying it's not ok, doesn't matters.

mewantsbitcoins

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 06:31:13 PM

What if I get away with it, every single time? Saying it's not ok, doesn't matters.

We are all free to choose whatever path we consider best. Good luck
BitterTea

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 06:31:16 PM

You can't. Eventually you will make a mistake, and someone will kill you in self defense. The world rejoices, and life goes on. If you can't be caught or stopped, then a state isn't going to be solve the problem and this is a pointless discussion.

P.S. Any other anti-statists watch Dexter and think about how much you'd rather hire him to take down the killer of a loved one than the police?
rezin777

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 06:33:46 PM

What about it? There is nothing that can be done. What is the point you are trying to make?
JohnDoe

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 06:35:06 PM

Rape and murder would not be rampant simply because the risk of retaliation would be too high. The ones who go for it anyway would win a Darwin Award fast so there's no need for the non-aggression principle, only a sense of self-preservation is needed.
rezin777

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 06:36:10 PM

P.S. Any other anti-statists watch Dexter and think about how much you'd rather hire him take down the killer of a loved one than the police?

Good luck getting me to wait for anyone else to take care of it. I can only hope this is a situation I never have to face.
JohnDoe

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 06:36:41 PM

You probably can't. The rest of society will see you as a threat and band together to take you down.
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2011, 06:44:13 PM

You probably can't. The rest of society will see you as a threat and band together to take you down.

Ok. This is a better answer than "murder is wrong!!!1111"

Just to be clear, I am a normal human being, not a pyschopath or a socialpath.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: