Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:38:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is bitcoin having real value?  (Read 4440 times)
cassimares

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 04:46:48 AM

Yes, bitcoin have real value cause you need a lot of hardware, electricity and time to create it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mccoy818

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 10:52:21 AM

well I bought a amazon gift card with bitcoin.. so yes people consider it real value.  Smiley

Not just that. There are lots of products for sale for btc, that alone is good enough proof that btc has value.
resya

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 11:34:42 AM

well I bought a amazon gift card with bitcoin.. so yes people consider it real value.  Smiley

Not just that. There are lots of products for sale for btc, that alone is good enough proof that btc has value.

yeah... you can buy lots of products with bitcoin: funerals, boob reductions, face punching services, guns that point backwards, etc.. Smiley

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
AviThour

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 11:38:09 AM

There's nothing distributed they are working for it. You have half information there you should read more about it.
That, You can visit Mining section to know more about it.
tanaka

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 02:07:52 PM

Yeah it does.. If it doesnt, then what am I doing here?

xcom

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 07:08:09 PM

Yes, bitcoin have real value cause you need a lot of hardware, electricity and time to create it.

for me, cassimares have right, Bitcoin has a value of hardware, electricity and all that is needed to create it!
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 09:35:37 PM

The best argument for bitcoin having value is because you can buy stuff with it. When I buy a pound of gold, I assume to seller sees the value of my bitcoin as greater than the value of his gold.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 09:41:54 PM

Gold has value and its used 90% in jewerly only... no real usage, no special properities. Gold is useless, but people just agreed that gold has value.
So it has.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 09:48:19 PM

Gold has value and its used 90% in jewerly only... no real usage, no special properities. Gold is useless, but people just agreed that gold has value.
So it has.

You sir, get an A+ !

My first lesson in BTC was that no money has value beyond the perception of value. Gold is a shinny rock, dollars are fancy paper. It is our belief of value that is central.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Aterna

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 100+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 09:51:10 PM

Bitcoin is a token that represents a fluctuating amount of fiat. We use it instead of banks, paypal and whatnot because it has qualities the others cant touch. Decentralized - What gets sent got sent and can't be undone and taken away. Speed - It's about as instant as instant gets (unless you count confirmation, even then it's still faster than credit cards and most bank wires) Secure - You can't hack bitcoin.

So the value is in those benefits listed above.

ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 08:17:48 AM

Bitcoin doesn't have any intrinsic value in and of itself. People give BTC its value by willingly exchanging it for something that is already considered valuable like the dollar.
However even if nobody else agrees that it has value, it still remains valuable to the miner by virtue of associated mining costs, electricity, hardware etc. Miners pay real money to 'make' Bitcoins but it's all a gamble.
ferdinant

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 10:05:34 AM

iti s regulated by supply and demand
Rampton

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 12:16:24 PM

So it has.

You sir, get an A+ !

My first lesson in BTC was that no money has value beyond the perception of value. Gold is a shinny rock, dollars are fancy paper. It is our belief of value that is central.

This isn't really true. Gold has intrinsic value because it is a metal and a precious one at that. You can makethings out of it, and not just jewelry.

nothingnew

Activity: 29

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 01:17:36 AM

So it has.

You sir, get an A+ !

This isn't really true. Gold has intrinsic value because it is a metal and a precious one at that. You can makethings out of it, and not just jewelry.

Gold is the original POW money, not like any fiat.
leesin

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

#feelthebern

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 10:37:36 PM

its safe to say that if it didnt have real value, we all woundt have been doing bitcoin right.

its only when people started to buy things with it, and selling bitcoin for cash made a huge spark for most.
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1560

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2014, 11:09:00 PM

That doesn't really matter, the cost of mining can provide some psychological indication to where the BTC price should be, but it doesn't create the value. Example:

If I buy very expensive paint, brushes and canvass, then spend 100 hours on painting and (since I can't paint a shit) my finished painting is butt-ugly and no one wants to buy it at any price - then (despite the costs) it won't have any value.

Yes, you can use gold for other things. But most of its value is the general consensus that the gold is valuable. If all of a sudden all the people stopped recognise gold as a 'store of value' or investment, its price would fall by something around 80-90% (I've seen some analysis the other day).

Helium (the gas used in the balloons) is pretty rare and we may run out of it soon, but it's not considered valuable. Link

http://chemistry.about.com/b/2013/12/02/will-we-run-out-of-helium.htm

Maybe investing in helium isn't a bad idea?  Huh

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
xcapator

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

Here I Am !!

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 02:41:44 AM

Bitcoin has real value also as a store of value, I can use BTC to purchase an infinite amount of tangible goods so it is really worth something.

t800ch

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 08:57:54 AM
Last edit: November 16, 2014, 01:17:44 PM by t800ch

Read this New York Times articles. http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2014/01/21/why-bitcoin-matters/?_r=0

As for the volatility of bitcoin, it's true there's no central bank that serves as a reserve to back it up. The people who back them up are the ones who see enough values in security, privacy, and the convenience to exchange their fiat currency and golds for the bitcoin equivalent.

elliwilli

Activity: 307

et rich or die tryi

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2014, 12:24:53 PM

Bitcoin has what is known as intrinsic and intangible value. it is valuable because we say it is valuable, just like gold.

luciann

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 06:37:58 PM

well i just bought an iphone 5 with bitcoin, so yeah it has value.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: