Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:15:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: AMHash1: Cost-Effective Mining Contract  (Read 303994 times)
DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 09:50:25 PM

i sold 20 shares at .001325  Shocked much profit, very trade, big wow  Kiss

2014-11-03 11:26:29    fee         AMHash1       ฿0.00010600   
2014-11-03 11:26:29    sell   20   ฿0.00132500    AMHash1    ฿0.02650000      

You're a btc baron.

thats maybe the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me, you bring a large tear to my eye, thank the satoshi overlords for this amazing emoticon  Cry

Now do I buy back in and repeat or take the big bucks i just made and buy some blow and a hooker?
make sure the hooker dont take your blow the only thing she can do with blow is give LOL

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dexter770221
Legendary

Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 09:50:39 PM

Unfortunatelly calculator don't allow to put some constant increase in BTC price. As we see in last month due to low price of BTC increase in difficulty dropped significantly. Do you think that without increase of BTC price there will be constant increase in difficulty? For fun leave price of hardware at 480$(BTC price 400$) end enter price of BTC=500. It changes everything.

Under development Modular UPGRADEABLE Miner (MUM). Looking for investors.
Changing one PCB with screwdriver and you have brand new miner in hand... Plug&Play, scalable from one module to thousands.
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 09:54:52 PM

Dexter already proved the point I was going to make: because some people will bet on a BTC price increase, and fail to understand that buying BTC is a much better way to place that bet. They also ignore the  reality that increasing BTC price will also push up the network hashrate faster.
Dexter770221
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 10:03:50 PM
Last edit: November 12, 2014, 10:14:13 PM by Dexter770221

Even during this little chat price of BTC has changed, prediction of next difficulty increament has changed, price of 1 share AMHash1 has changed. Make simple calculations but you must have idea how whole Bitcoin ecosystem works and what change will have biggest impact on potential ROI.

EDIT: I was mining since 2011. On GPU's, FPGA's, ASIC's. When AMHash came online I've turned off my rig. I can't compete in any field vs. AMHash, thats price of hardware, electricity cost, maintenance fee, so I've buyed few hundred shares. And now I don't need to look every few hours and check that everything runs as should be Wink

EDIT2: And AMHash is paying calculated payout, not really mined as many others pays (PETA for example, price of BTC increases and their payout of divs decreases - just bad luck they say)

Changing one PCB with screwdriver and you have brand new miner in hand... Plug&Play, scalable from one module to thousands.
newguy05

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

Someone is sitting in the shade today...

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 10:33:50 PM

Dexter already proved the point I was going to make: because some people will bet on a BTC price increase, and fail to understand that buying BTC is a much better way to place that bet. They also ignore the  reality that increasing BTC price will also push up the network hashrate faster.

i agree, while dexter is correct with his numbers, people including him still think btc/usd price increase/decrease somehow should be used as a factor in profitability calculation, which is wrong on a fundamental level. I am tired of keep explaining why so will just leave at that.

I see no ROI here at this price point. The only pro i see is you can find the next sucker in line to sell your "shares" to and the delta lost is less than the btc you mined...

▄██████
       ▄████████
     ▄██████████
   ▄█▀     █████
 ▄███      █████
█████      ███████████████████████████
█████                           ████▀
█████                           ██▀
█████                          ▄▀   
██████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████████▀
L I N K
by BLOCKMASON

..CREATE WEB APIS........
..FROM ANY SMART........
..CONTRACT.........................

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

READ THE
WHITEPAPER

>>>

▄          █▄                         ▄
██▄        ███▄                     ▄██
████▄      █████▄                 ▄████
██████▄    ███████▄             ▄██████
████████▄   ▀███████▄         ▄███████▀
██████████▄   ▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
████████████▄   ▀███████▄ ▄███████▀  
██████████████▄   ▀█████████████▀   ▄██
████████████████▄   ▀█████████▀   ▄████
██████████████████▄   ▀█████▀   ▄██████
████████████████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
BLOCKMASON
BUILDING THE FUTURE

FACEBOOK
REDDIT
TWITTER

LINKEDIN
GITHUB
MEDIUM
Puppet
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 11:37:29 PM

Even during this little chat price of BTC has changed, prediction of next difficulty increament has changed, price of 1 share AMHash1 has changed. Make simple calculations but you must have idea how whole Bitcoin ecosystem works and what change will have biggest impact on potential ROI.

EDIT: I was mining since 2011. On GPU's, FPGA's, ASIC's. When AMHash came online I've turned off my rig. I can't compete in any field vs. AMHash, thats price of hardware, electricity cost, maintenance fee, so I've buyed few hundred shares. And now I don't need to look every few hours and check that everything runs as should be Wink

I mined with CPU's and GPU's, turned everything off once asic's came online. Never believed in ROI of asics (at consumer prices) and far less in the ROI of mining bonds (gigavps etc) or  cloudmining. I saved a small fortune by avoiding them.

BTC price, difficulty etc may change constantly. I wont pretend I can predict either, but the fundamentals of how this market works does not change. If there would be profit potential for end users, then there is more profit potential for companies with access to cheaper hardware and cheaper electricity. Companies will exploit that potential  thereby eroding the profit of the individual. Not too mention the individuals buying hardware or cloud mining that are unable to do any math. The biggest fools are setting prices and difficulty. Its been like that since the first asic and its not gonna change.

EDIT2: And AMHash is paying calculated payout, not really mined as many others pays (PETA for example, price of BTC increases and their payout of divs decreases - just bad luck they say)

Quite true. Then again, peta is "only" 0.00028983 BTC per GH. AMhash is >4x more expensive... And you probably know how I feel about peta.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 12:21:23 AM

I mined with CPU's and GPU's, turned everything off once asic's came online.

Ok confess time! How many bitcoins are you hodling? Are you gentleman?

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 06:13:43 AM

SO then do you all think going through havelock investments for amhash1 or amhash2 is worth it or no?

VeeMiner

Activity: 752

bitcoin hodler

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 09:58:12 AM
Last edit: November 13, 2014, 10:25:45 AM by VeeMiner

SO then do you all think going through havelock investments for amhash1 or amhash2 is worth it or no?

of course it is worth it, I'm actually buying more today cause the total hashrate increase seems to be slowing down

edit: you can get 1 Ghash/s for 0,0017 on cex.io, you can get the same thing for 0,0012 on Havelock, what are you going to do?
Puppet
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 10:56:49 AM

of course it is worth it, I'm actually buying more today cause the total hashrate increase seems to be slowing down

as it always does before skyrocketing again.

Here something for you to ponder about; bitfury recently finished another round of financing to increase its DC capacity from 40 to 100MW. An increase of 60MW corresponds to a projected 300 PH with their next gen due this year (thats assuming they dont upgrade their old datacenters, otherwise its ~500PH).

Lets also assume they dont hit their schedule and deployment takes until March of next year. That roughly corresponds to an 8% increment. Thats bitfury alone.  Granted, bitfury deploying between end of this and early next year wont change tomorrows difficulty, but then we are also ignoring KnC's $14M funding, Spondoolies current and next gen, CT, AM's 60PH pile of wafers, Bitmain and all the others.

For AMhash to be even marginally profitable under the above circumstances (8% increment)  BTC price should hit ~$1000. (and do so tomorrow and remain there). If thats what you believe in, buying BTC will give you a far better return.

Here is another way to look at it:

scale those results pretty much linearly with your expected future BTC exchange rate.
Anyone who thinks difficulty is even close to having leveled off is in for some bad surprises.
Puppet
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 11:03:23 AM

edit: you can get 1 Ghash/s for 0,0017 on cex.io, you can get the same thing for 0,0012 on Havelock, what are you going to do?

I sell my left sock for $600 and my right sock for $800. Which one are you going to buy?
NeonTranceBadger

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 01:44:20 PM

Are payouts payed out to my havelock account?
elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 01:46:01 PM

Are payouts payed out to my havelock account?

of course
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 03:03:33 PM

Just take a look around all the offerings on Havelock and do your research. Asking on a forum for investment advice is never a great idea. Just as an FYI I am pretty sure that EVERY offering on Havelock has done poorly to date.
DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 03:05:49 PM

i really more of this cloud services would have platform like cex.io I do own cex.io, i also have hashie.co, some havelock AMhash1 to try out and gawcloud hashlets oh and hashnest.com . I pointed out those names of things i have as OF TODAY since it can change tomorrow or even after i write this post lol. I just wish they would have interface like Cex.io where you can buy even in fractional GHS or alot if you wish. Also i like the fact Cex.io lets you see in REAL TIME earnings from each block found as they come in and clear confirmations. This other sites all seem to have daily payouts i HATE THAT i like real time stats and payouts. Also a big thing i love about cex.io and why i stay with them Despite high fees and prices is that you can make " vouchers " dont matter if it is for 0.5 GHS or for 500 GHS or 1TH can do it all and then we can gift them to other people for holidays or birthdays. Heck we can even sell the " cex.io vouchers " on places like ebay or amazon and i know alot of people like this option as do people who want to get into bitcoin but dont want to use coinbase or site familiar. Even some people that want to get into bitcoin cant cause they only like 13-15 so have no way to open account to buy bitcoin but can use prepaid cards on paypal to buy cex.io vouchers. This is just my 2 cents why i think more sites should be in the platform sense like cex.io i will post this same post on the 3-4 pages of forum i read most/ post to.   Grin

Dexter770221
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 03:13:38 PM

On Havelock you have transfer option. So basically you can sell or give shares to other registered people on Havelock.

elasticband
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 03:18:20 PM

i really more of this cloud services would have platform like cex.io I do own cex.io, i also have hashie.co, some havelock AMhash1 to try out and gawcloud hashlets oh and hashnest.com . I pointed out those names of things i have as OF TODAY since it can change tomorrow or even after i write this post lol. I just wish they would have interface like Cex.io where you can buy even in fractional GHS or alot if you wish. Also i like the fact Cex.io lets you see in REAL TIME earnings from each block found as they come in and clear confirmations. This other sites all seem to have daily payouts i HATE THAT i like real time stats and payouts. Also a big thing i love about cex.io and why i stay with them Despite high fees and prices is that you can make " vouchers " dont matter if it is for 0.5 GHS or for 500 GHS or 1TH can do it all and then we can gift them to other people for holidays or birthdays. Heck we can even sell the " cex.io vouchers " on places like ebay or amazon and i know alot of people like this option as do people who want to get into bitcoin but dont want to use coinbase or site familiar. Even some people that want to get into bitcoin cant cause they only like 13-15 so have no way to open account to buy bitcoin but can use prepaid cards on paypal to buy cex.io vouchers. This is just my 2 cents why i think more sites should be in the platform sense like cex.io i will post this same post on the 3-4 pages of forum i read most/ post to.   Grin

with daily payouts and set equations you roughly know what you are getting.

with cex one block you get paid a small amount, the next they take more in maintenance than what you are rewarded...... i hate seeing that shit.
DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2014, 03:54:38 PM

with cex one block you get paid a small amount, the next they take more in maintenance than what you are rewarded...... i hate seeing that shit.
LOL yeah i know exactly what you mean would drive me nuts. Though i am sure you know when i say i like seeing live stats / payouts. Hell if that is to much they how about pay outs every 4 hours even 6 hours just saying.

elasticband
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 04:06:06 PM

LOL yeah i know exactly what you mean would drive me nuts. Though i am sure you know when i say i like seeing live stats / payouts. Hell if that is to much they how about pay outs every 4 hours even 6 hours just saying.

well we know the userID for BTCGuild mining, thus we can work out payouts from that if one can be bothered. I know what you mean though, cex provide a much better UI, but i am not paying for a nice UI, I am paying for mining abilities.
ajw7989
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 05:38:14 PM

Correct me if I am wrong but I do not think AMHASH1 pays dividends per second right? Its a snapshot type thing. The reason I ask is if you sell a few hours before dividends are paid do you get paid for 80% of it or no payout at all. I ask this since havelock usually does the snapshot concept.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 167 »
  Print  

Jump to: