Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:18:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: AMHash1: Cost-Effective Mining Contract  (Read 303992 times)
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 10:14:37 PM

Imagine you have 30% of the hashrate today.   So your getting 30% of the coins mined, on average.   Then, someone comes along and puts his huge mining farm online, that's way bigger than what you had.  Say the difficulty won't be adjusted for another week or so.   Now you no longer have 30%, but 5%.  Do you think you'll still be mining 30% of the coins on average, until the difficulty is adjusted?  And that huge new mining farm is mining 0 coins until the difficulty increases?    The blocks will be found faster, but your % of the blocks found will be smaller, no?  
Yes, your % of blocks found will be smaller, but you will still, on average, be finding the same number of blocks.
More blocks will be found in an hour by all miners, but your expected number of blocks will stay the same (remember - it's based on on current diff, not on the total hashrate). Until that next diff adjustment.

I think you guys are talking about different things. AMHash's (and cloud mining in general) payout is based on difficulty. Mining isn't though. Mining payout (ignoring variance) works exactly like MichaelBliss said.

No ukja is right. The time to find a block is determined by the difficulty not the actual hashrate.

However adding hashrate does instantly affect profitability because it will cause the difficulty to change sooner.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2014, 02:13:48 AM

so if i read last few post correct then, if btc is lets say at like $600 for example. Does this mean we would be getting dividend payouts of like .00001300 per GHS or am i assuming wrong. Once again i am makin up number not saying will be that on the dot lol so please dont cook me alive saying my math is of or blah blah blah haha  Grin

No.  Bitcoin value on has an effect on the maintenance fee as that is converted from dollars to bitcoin and subtracted by the earnings.  The earnings are calculated as follows:

The payout rate before fee subtraction is 25 / (difficulty * 4.295) BTC per unit per second.  <--no dollars in calculaltion

P.S. I won't "cook you alive" about your math but your spell check is off too.

LOL well thank you for advice/ input appreciate it. The spelling will never be good or proper will be good about 85% of time i say as english is my second language and i dont do translate service.

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7968

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 02:43:47 AM

so if i read last few post correct then, if btc is lets say at like $600 for example. Does this mean we would be getting dividend payouts of like .00001300 per GHS or am i assuming wrong. Once again i am makin up number not saying will be that on the dot lol so please dont cook me alive saying my math is of or blah blah blah haha  Grin

No.  Bitcoin value on has an effect on the maintenance fee as that is converted from dollars to bitcoin and subtracted by the earnings.  The earnings are calculated as follows:

The payout rate before fee subtraction is 25 / (difficulty * 4.295) BTC per unit per second.  <--no dollars in calculaltion

LOL well thank you for advice/ input appreciate it. The spelling will never be good or proper will be good about 85% of time i say as english is my second language and i dont do translate service.

Now I'm interested in the phrase "cook me alive".  How do you say it in your native language; it certainly isn't something we use in the English language.
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 03:08:24 AM

No ukja is right. The time to find a block is determined by the difficulty not the actual hashrate.

However adding hashrate does instantly affect profitability because it will cause the difficulty to change sooner.

Like I said, I think two different things are being discussed.

If you had 50% of the network hash rate today, how much would you earn over a 24 hour period?
If you only had 10% tomorrow, how much would you earn over a 24 hour period?

Those two values are not the same. If they were, the percentage of the network hash rate would not matter and 1 Gh/s would earn just as much as 1 Ph/s. Clearly, that is not the case. 3600 BTC would be mined each day if the network hash rate was static. The percentage of that 3600 BTC that a miner gets is equal to their percentage of the network hash rate.
DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2014, 03:12:58 AM

Now I'm interested in the phrase "cook me alive".  How do you say it in your native language; it certainly isn't something we use in the English language.

lol i would say "jodas la vida fuera de mí con preguntas "

skuser

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 09:14:25 AM

Imagine you have 30% of the hashrate today.   So your getting 30% of the coins mined, on average.   Then, someone comes along and puts his huge mining farm online, that's way bigger than what you had.  Say the difficulty won't be adjusted for another week or so.   Now you no longer have 30%, but 5%.  Do you think you'll still be mining 30% of the coins on average, until the difficulty is adjusted?  And that huge new mining farm is mining 0 coins until the difficulty increases?    The blocks will be found faster, but your % of the blocks found will be smaller, no?   

There is no central entity controlling percentage (or hashrate if you want) or amount of bitcoins mined daily. The only way how the amount of mined bitcoins is controlled is difficulty adjustment after 2016 blocks.
So if someone adds 100% more hashrate the amount of mined bitcoins daily will DOUBLE, your percentual share will drop but your amount of BTC mined will remain unchanged untill next difficulty adjustment when it will halve.
Or on the opposite side, if everybody shut down miners except you today, you wouldn't mine single bitcoin more untill difficulty readjustment and if you had for example 1 TH/s it would take hundreds of years because you'd have to mine all remaining blocks yourself at huge difficulty Wink so the daily amount of mined bitcoins would be most of the time 0.

galdur

Activity: 616

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 09:18:20 AM

How´s it going there in the Havelock graveyard ?

Dividend dropping yet ?

Might be a buy when it has been sold down to .0008.

ujka

Activity: 630

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 09:19:26 AM

Like I said, I think two different things are being discussed.

If you had 50% of the network hash rate today, how much would you earn over a 24 hour period?
If you only had 10% tomorrow, how much would you earn over a 24 hour period?

Same. If my hashrate stays the same (absolute, not %), and diff stays the same in that 24 hours.

But because the difficulty would change sooner if that much new hashrate is put online, my earnings for the whole period will be lower. jimmothy pointed that out.
ujka

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 09:30:49 AM

Imagine you have 30% of the hashrate today.   So your getting 30% of the coins mined, on average.   Then, someone comes along and puts his huge mining farm online, that's way bigger than what you had.  Say the difficulty won't be adjusted for another week or so.   Now you no longer have 30%, but 5%.  Do you think you'll still be mining 30% of the coins on average, until the difficulty is adjusted?  And that huge new mining farm is mining 0 coins until the difficulty increases?    The blocks will be found faster, but your % of the blocks found will be smaller, no?  

There is no central entity controlling percentage (or hashrate if you want) or amount of bitcoins mined daily. The only way how the amount of mined bitcoins is controlled is difficulty adjustment after 2016 blocks.
So if someone adds 100% more hashrate the amount of mined bitcoins daily will DOUBLE, your percentual share will drop but your amount of BTC mined will remain unchanged untill next difficulty adjustment ...
Well, not quite. As yimmothy pointed out, next adjustment will come sooner, so, for the whole period, your amount of BTC mined will be lower.
But for daily calculations, when diff doesn't change, BTC mined will remain unchanged.

And since we are hijacking this thread, can we put this behind, or move somewhere else?
amhash

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 03:02:59 PM

Dividend dropping yet ?

Dividend is positive correlation to BTC price for maintenance fee is sticked on USD.

AMHash Team

AMHash
ASICMINERROCKMINER ● Purchase from: AMHash (20Th/s min) ● Havelock (1Gh/s min)
Cloud-mining contracts: 0.0012 BTC per Gh ● Maintenance fee: $0.001551 per Gh per day ● Upto 6% Christmas Bonus

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2014, 03:55:24 PM

Dividend dropping yet ?

unfortunately the graveyard at havelock is not going to the price you mentioned. I would love for it to go to .0008 so i can buy more but instead the price is almost 0.00123 at the time i checked. If you have some you want to sell me direct for cheap i will buy them Smiley

DARKANGEL6415

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2014, 03:58:40 PM

Dividend dropping yet ?

Dividend is positive correlation to BTC price for maintenance fee is sticked on USD.

AMHash Team
are you all going to be offering amhash 3 like people on here have been saying you are going to do? I just need to know if i need to save my nickels and dimes for when amhash3 comes out. Well if it is true that is lol also if it is true what is the price point of this units if i may ask. thanks in advance i am sure also other people on here want to know from the source

xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 04:07:36 PM

Dividend dropping yet ?

If ignorance is bliss, you must be one happy fellow.  Of course AMHash shares will drop as mining difficulty increases and dividends decrease - that's the point of this particular IPO.

galdur

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 04:41:40 PM

Dividend dropping yet ?

If ignorance is bliss, you must be one happy fellow.  Of course AMHash shares will drop as mining difficulty increases and dividends decrease - that's the point of this particular IPO.

Given the current dividend this is probably a buy at .0008 now.

Dexter770221
Legendary

Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 04:55:40 PM

20956 satoshi paid up to date, thats 16,75% of 125000 IPO price. We should see 20% at the end of the month.

Under development Modular UPGRADEABLE Miner (MUM). Looking for investors.
Changing one PCB with screwdriver and you have brand new miner in hand... Plug&Play, scalable from one module to thousands.
galdur

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 05:42:31 PM

Any special reason why this is in the header of this thread ?

Don´t recall seeing this elsewhere.

Bitcoin Forum > Economy > Marketplace > Securities > AMHash1: Cost-Effective Mining Contract
Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

ujka

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 05:49:53 PM

Bitcoin Forum > Economy > Marketplace > Securities > AMHash1: Cost-Effective Mining Contract
That header is in every thread in this subboard (Securities).
galdur

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 06:05:28 PM

All right. Well, I haven´t visited this junkyard before
so obviously it´s the first time I see this disclaimer.

xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 06:26:44 PM

You're about to be the first ever on my ignore list.  Thanks for the demonstration of trolling asswipe.
galdur

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 06:29:00 PM

You're about to be the first ever on my ignore list.  Thanks for the demonstration of trolling asswipe.

I´m totally devastated but will try to somehow live with
being ignored by this yokel.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 167 »
  Print  

Jump to: