Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:34:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 [184] 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Viorcoin | Voice & Video Call | ViorNumber | Cheap International Calls  (Read 358161 times)
Levole11

Activity: 566
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 07:55:17 PM

Why would he be worried to be sued if he has the license?
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smbbm

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 07:56:27 PM

For the past few weeks, BC has been negotiating with the development team and this is still ongoing. The code is owned by the developer.

This project has been dragged into mud and dirt by the so called community. Threating dev family only pushed all the developers working on this project away.

Also bassguitarman pretend to be a licence officer and threaten to sue viorcoin if the project was not shut down.
I hope we are (mostly) reasonable people here and if they are some maniacs (I don't want to name them now) who threat it should not be globally generalized. Best thing is to ignore any such a psychopaths and focus on communication with the rest of community.

On the other hand devs performance and communication was far from optimal so to speak. I still hope we can find some common ground for further development here.
BlockaFett

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 07:58:40 PM

bassguitarman went through the debug log and found that some code that didn't obey some licensing somewhere  - big fuckin deal, show me a closed-source code project that *doesn't* have unlicensed code in somewhere

honestly, i felt for this dev watching bassguitarman - just go read his posts, he didn't care what different reason he gave, he just attacked the project, because he saw it as a threat to Opal / Supernet.  And each time he pretended he is doing it for some kind of moral justice while his own shitcoin go down the pan lol.  Too many sociaopaths in crypto...

EDIT: Dev - Do you have any info on how you were threatened or bassguitarman tried to sue you?  If so post it here or PM me I can follow it up.
Levole11

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 08:00:53 PM

bassguitarman went through the debug log and found that some code that didn't obey some licensing somewhere  - big fuckin deal, show me a closed-source code project that *doesn't* have unlicensed code in somewhere

honestly, i felt for this dev watching bassguitarman - just go read his posts, he didn't care what different reason he gave, he just attacked the project, because he saw it as a threat to Opal / Supernet.  And each time he pretended he is doing it for some kind of moral justice while his own shitcoin go down the pan lol.  Too many sociaopaths in crypto...

It doesnt matter what Bass did.. He could have been honest and iam sure the community could have helped out with the financing, that was talked about on Slack.. Instead he dissapeard for weeks
BlockaFett

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 08:02:40 PM

It doesnt matter what Bass did.. He could have been honest and iam sure the community could have helped out with the financing, that was talked about on Slack.. Instead he dissapeard for weeks

The dev made big mistakes. I am just saying the attack was big.  Think if you are a dev and you not making much money out of it, and someone attacks you, then (allegedly) threatens your family and pretends to sue you from a fake lawyer - at what point do you just say f*** it? - it's probably a lot lower threshold than you think sitting on this side as an investor Smiley
BlockaFett

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 08:08:55 PM

Check out today he even published a dedicated article he wrote, pretending to be about 'centralized altcoins' but just a hatchet job on Viorcoin -

https://medium.com/@redditbass/vior-and-the-coming-demise-of-centralized-altcoins-f8239a69025c

how would you like this psycho on your case everyday, literally demented lol

Levole11

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 08:09:29 PM

The dev made big mistakes. I am just saying the attack was big.  Think if you are a dev and you not making much money out of it, and someone attacks you, then (allegedly) threatens your family and pretends to sue you from a fake lawyer - at what point do you just say f*** it? - it's probably a lot lower threshold than you think sitting on this side as an investor Smiley

The attack was Big? It was only Bass and perhaps Barabbas..

And the thing with Rakesh, He asked for weeks in a row why he wasnt able to use gateway in India, on here, viortalk and on Twitter.. After like a month the only response he got was; It doenst work in Asia, there's nothing i can do..I would be pissed as well.. ( i wouldnt threaten to hurt Chinedums family though)
Levole11

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 08:12:35 PM

Check out today he even published a dedicated article he wrote, pretending to be about 'centralized altcoins' but just a hatchet job on Viorcoin -

https://medium.com/@redditbass/vior-and-the-coming-demise-of-centralized-altcoins-f8239a69025c

Iam sure nobody in this community cares about that piece he wrote.. Nor did the crypto community cause it got like 0 replies when he made a thread about it.. If i was a legit dev, i wouldnt care..
smbbm

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 08:12:57 PM

Bass is at least very.... how to say that .... contraproductive person around. Ignore him until he changes his mind is probably the best thing that anyone can do. Definitely he is not someone who should stop anyone from anything.  Wink
BlockaFett

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 08:18:57 PM

Bass is at least very.... how to say that .... contraproductive person around. Ignore him until he changes his mind is probably the best thing that anyone can do. Definitely he is not someone who should stop anyone from anything.  Wink

Lets call a duck a duck - he's a protoypical psychopath with sadistic tendencies, he was attacking Vior because he get's a kick out of it but tells himself it's in Opal's interest to do so (and tells us it's for moral reasons) - crypto is aparently full of them, some others are the guy behind Mary Jane coin, the 2 guys in Cannacoin that attacked Cann, Alex Green / Ryan Kennedy from Moolah, etc.  if this sounds harsh, you have to read up on psychopathy and then look at the kind of strategy Bassguitarman used through his posts here and why, the common denominator is that every post is trying to hurt the coin and they are obsessive to the point where they don't mind destroying their own reputation as in this case.
bassguitarman

Activity: 728

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 08:25:01 PM

To set the record straight, I never threatened the dev, and I would ask him to produce proof if he is going to claim that.

Also, I have become friends with many in the vior community, so it is disingenuous to say that i wanted the coin torn down.  I wanted the dev to be honest, the community was chill (mostly).  I was even helping bitcoin carpenter with a vior app (which seems to have stalled)

Also, chinedum, you did not develop the vior code, or am i misunderstanding your post?
BlockaFett

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 08:28:48 PM

^ just out of interest, how many people think that this is bullshit and how many believe he is being genuine here?
Levole11

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 08:33:13 PM

^ just out of interest, how many people think that this is bullshit and how many believe he is being genuine here?

I have seen enough of Bass to not care anymore.. Besides, he's just a 17 year old kid ( who can code, gotta give him that)
Viorcoin (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 08:36:19 PM

Hello Chinedum,

It has come to our attention via an email that your brand "Viorcoin" is violating our license.  PJSIP is under the GPL license and therefore all software using the code must be open source, or have a dual license with us.  We checked our databases to verify that we have no such license.  Due to this, we demand that you cease and desist immediately, or face legal action.

Please open source your code, or reply for more information on licensing.

Bassguitarman also emailed me in attempt to blackmail if I agreed to coin pump. All the email are linked to bassguitarman and he's the one posting about it on the forum

Hello ViorCoin,

I’m from Winning Coin Picks, a crypto pump group with notorious traders and talented marketers.  We can promise an increase in your price by at least 4 times.  What we need in exchange is your partnership.  Are you willing to let us pump your coin?  Most coins we never dump because the profit is very good long term.

Regards,
Robert
BlockaFett

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 08:38:42 PM

Hello Chinedum,

It has come to our attention via an email that your brand "Viorcoin" is violating our license.  PJSIP is under the GPL license and therefore all software using the code must be open source, or have a dual license with us.  We checked our databases to verify that we have no such license.  Due to this, we demand that you cease and desist immediately, or face legal action.

Bassguitarman also emailed me in attempt to blackmail if I agreed to coin pump. All the email are linked to bassguitarman and he's the one posting about it on the forum

Hello ViorCoin,

I’m from Winning Coin Picks, a crypto pump group with notorious traders and talented marketers.  We can promise an increase in your price by at least 4 times.  What we need in exchange is your partnership.  Are you willing to let us pump your coin?  Most coins we never dump because the profit is very good long term.

Regards,
Robert

So was the first email from Bassman or whom?  Nothing would surprise me in crypto at this stage  Undecided

How come we didn't just get a license or open source then Smiley
bassguitarman

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 08:39:04 PM

Hello Chinedum,

Hello ViorCoin,

Regards,
Robert

Really, I've covered these ugh

1) That one was just for  further proof you lied about owning a license

2) that one was not mine, but a friend's.  That's why a lot of coins got it, he didn't target you.

Neither of those consititute threats anyways
bassguitarman

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 08:40:10 PM

btw

bitcoincarpenter [1:34 PM]
Yah bass can be an asset,  but he is a talented and good guy lol  I personally like him and he has helped me
BlockaFett

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 08:41:18 PM

btw

Yah bass can be an asset,  but he is a talented and good guy lol  I personally like him and he has helped me

lol and?
BlockaFett

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 08:43:07 PM

btw

Yah bass can be an asset,  but he is a talented and good guy lol  I personally like him and he has helped me

Did BC know you were also 'from...a crypto pump group with notorious traders and talented marketers'?  Or was that your 'friend'?
Levole11

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 08:45:21 PM

btw

Yah bass can be an asset,  but he is a talented and good guy lol  I personally like him and he has helped me

Did BC know you were also 'from...a crypto pump group with notorious traders and talented marketers'?  Or was that your 'friend'?

Hey i don't like bass as well but this has nothing to do with him.. This has everything to do with how Chinedum handled all of this..
Pages: « 1 ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 [184] 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 »
  Print  

Jump to: