Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 03:21:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BITCOIN MAGAZINE ARRIVED!  (Read 50094 times)
BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 12:54:46 PM

Matthew N. Wright is the...

FTFY

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Tuxavant

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2012, 01:18:57 PM

FTFY...

(sorry Matthew, just had to use that pic some place.)  Kiss

kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2012, 01:40:50 PM

I know. It's really fucking stupid. There is no easy way to fix this, but the way I see it, it's not 100% important until -after- it starts being distributed to stores. We'll keep thinking on this one because this is definitely not how we wanted it to happen, but you guys know me, nothing stops me, even if I didn't get dressed in the morning I'll keep running out the door. Better on time and naked!

Wouldn't the easy fix be to just to skip the June issue and make issue #2 the July issue.  Delivery by June 25th means a printer deadline of mid June.  That gives you 20 days or so.

Yeah, I'm cool with calling Issue #2 July and trying to send it in June if possible.

Also, I'll be waiting until Tuesday before I get my issues... didn't show up in USPS at my office today Sad

Now what am I supposed to do for this long weekend?  I guess I'll just have to stick to Diablo III...

Bummer, cuz I have my birthday bar crawl Saturday night and a cookout on Sunday where I could have sported the magazine!

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2012, 01:45:23 PM

FTFY...

(sorry Matthew, just had to use that pic some place.)  Kiss

FTFY. Helm, Warp One Engage!

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
BrightAnarchist
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 853

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 01:58:21 PM

I am ready to order more copies if I like this first one... I plan to "accidentally" leave them all over Las Vegas, whereever magazines are to be found ( hair salons, doctor's offices, etc. )
Tuxavant

Activity: 784

Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2012, 02:16:49 PM

Don't forget to leave one at UsrLib.. Why haven't we had a beer yet?

BitPay Business Solutions

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2012, 02:18:58 PM

I am ready to order more copies if I like this first one... I plan to "accidentally" leave them all over Las Vegas, whereever magazines are to be found ( hair salons, doctor's offices, etc. )

This is exactly what this magazine should be used for.  I ordered 50 copies for the same reason.  The most popular dentists offices and waiting rooms around Orlando are all going to get a copy.  In the neighborhoods where all the bankers live, of course.

BitPay : The World Leader in Bitcoin Business Solutions

https://bitpay.com

Does your website accept bitcoins?
Boussac
Legendary

Activity: 1220
Merit: 1015

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2012, 02:19:42 PM

Still scrutinizing the sky for Fedex aircraft to deliver first issue to Europe..

BrightAnarchist
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 853

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 02:41:50 PM

Don't forget to leave one at UsrLib.. Why haven't we had a beer yet?

We will. I'm just not quite well enough yet to go out. Dealing with my myofascial pain problem is a bitch, but I'm slowly getting better every month w/ physical therapy.
Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 02:45:50 PM

Still scrutinizing the sky for Fedex aircraft to deliver first issue to Europe..

Its not Fedex aircraft your looking for, just normal airmail aircraft.

kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2012, 02:57:01 PM

This is exactly what this magazine should be used for.  I ordered 50 copies for the same reason.  The most popular dentists offices and waiting rooms around Orlando are all going to get a copy.  In the neighborhoods where all the bankers live, of course.

Wish I had $300 to blow on copies of Bitcoin Magazine. 

Until then, I'm sticking with the bit-pay.com & lovebitcoin.com tri-folds for free giveaways.

Maybe you should offer a free copy of the magazine as a referral bonus for anyone bringing you a new client?

Fold for spending BTCs

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2012, 03:09:46 PM

Wish I had $300 to blow on copies of Bitcoin Magazine. 

Until then, I'm sticking with the bit-pay.com & lovebitcoin.com tri-folds for free giveaways.

Maybe you should offer a free copy of the magazine as a referral bonus for anyone bringing you a new client?

Deal.  sign up a new merchant for us, and I'll give you a free magazine after they send their first order.

Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938

What's a GPU?

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 03:19:47 PM

I already made my account but never used it. Will you send that guy a mag when I do? Cheesy

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2012, 03:22:09 PM

I already made my account but never used it. Will you send that guy a mag when I do? Cheesy

I will do this for the first 5 people who refer us a new merchant, and process one order.  Beyond that, I need the copies for my own use.

shackleford

Activity: 281
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 03:22:40 PM

Neighbors must of though I was crazzy when I went to my mailbox then broke down into a gut laugh.
kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2012, 04:30:18 PM

Neighbors must of though I was crazzy when I went to my mailbox then broke down into a gut laugh.

b/c you had a magazine?  or b/c it still wasn't there?  I'm confused why you were laughing?  That seems like a silly response...

Maybe I need to see the cover...

Fold for spending BTCs

kjlimo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2012, 04:32:58 PM

I know. It's really fucking stupid. There is no easy way to fix this, but the way I see it, it's not 100% important until -after- it starts being distributed to stores. We'll keep thinking on this one because this is definitely not how we wanted it to happen, but you guys know me, nothing stops me, even if I didn't get dressed in the morning I'll keep running out the door. Better on time and naked!

Wouldn't the easy fix be to just to skip the June issue and make issue #2 the July issue.  Delivery by June 25th means a printer deadline of mid June.  That gives you 20 days or so.

Yeah, I'm cool with calling Issue #2 July and trying to send it in June if possible.

Also, I'll be waiting until Tuesday before I get my issues... didn't show up in USPS at my office today Sad

Now what am I supposed to do for this long weekend?  I guess I'll just have to stick to Diablo III...

Bummer, cuz I have my birthday bar crawl Saturday night and a cookout on Sunday where I could have sported the magazine!

I'm a moron!  I put my home address as my address (at least that's what both of my receipts have as the address), so let's hope it's waiting for me at home! 

Woot! (renewed faith Cheesy)

Fold for spending BTCs

casascius (OP)
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2012, 05:17:40 PM

My magazine(s) (I got 2 copies - thanks) came shipped in a USPS-provided Priority Mail envelope.  If I recall correctly, it had a New York return address, but a postmark showing a zipcode that started with 83xxx - which is probably more like Wyoming - and if so, it's no wonder I'd be one of the first to get the magazine, Wyoming being a stone's throw from Salt Lake City.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
boonies4u

Activity: 826

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 06:17:58 PM

My magazine(s) (I got 2 copies - thanks) came shipped in a USPS-provided Priority Mail envelope.  If I recall correctly, it had a New York return address, but a postmark showing a zipcode that started with 83xxx - which is probably more like Wyoming - and if so, it's no wonder I'd be one of the first to get the magazine, Wyoming being a stone's throw from Salt Lake City.

It's going to take ages for me to get my first issue, since I JUST bought my subscription.
foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 25, 2012, 06:43:26 PM

How do these ship? Bare or in an envelope? I'd pay extra for that, want it in pristine condition.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: