Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:09:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BITCOIN MAGAZINE ARRIVED!  (Read 50096 times)
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2012, 06:21:58 AM

Ordering another!  I just sold one to an office co-worker!  Woot!

Just got my third copy of Bitcoin Magazine.  However, it's in a white envelope like some other people have mentioned.  So what I'm curious about is should I store this away for safe keeping?

I was hoping to have an issue to keep & hold (what will be worth more in 10 years - a mint condition Issue #1 Bitcoin Magazine or 1 Bitcoin?).  So do people think in a white envelope is a good method of storing a mint condition first issue?

Or do you think I should order another and hope to get it in plastic wrap for the next one?  Any thoughts on what would keep it in mint condition the best?  Does it not matter?  Should I just bust it open to share with the world and stop worrying about keeping a mint condition version?

I appreciate any feedback!

Just read and share the thing. Order another to keep safe Smiley

Actually, I think I got it.  I'll take it to work and hopefully swap it back for my other issue in the plastic wrap that I sold to my boss who hasn't had time to read it yet.  I'm assuming it's still in the plastic wrap (fingers crossed)!!!!

woot

PS: probably ordering more as soon as I sell this one Smiley

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 09:50:31 AM
Last edit: June 22, 2012, 11:27:09 AM by Vladimir

crossposted

B&N saga is just beginning. It is not an instant thing. We have an agreement in principle with them and negotiating a few finer points now. We expect to have signed exclusive 2 year long contract with them imminently. We do not know yet which stores it will go in and we do not know yet how many copies they will request us to print. Could be 10k, could be 100k, could change over time. They told us "your title is a bookstore title", whatever that means. I am rounding up finances to be able to print 20k of #3.

One thing is known, you should not expect to see BM  on the shelves before 1st of September, it will be either #3 or #4. This is just how long it takes. But still go now to their stores and bug them and tell them to make sure that they stock it once it becomes available. It helps a lot.

No guarantees here, but advertisers do take notice that you can book now up to 6 month of the most valuable advertising real estate in BM (some have done it already) and potentially get huge exposure in B&N distributed issues at silly low prices. One advertiser, for example bought some full page ads in the very beginning for 3 first issues for some champ change, like 150$. And now he will get not just #1 ads, but #2 and #3 ads too (potentially with big print and in B&N stores). Likewise you still can book ads for up to 6 month in advance now for just a few thousand dollars (we even give decent discount on long term deals). Some advertisers have seen this opportunity and locked in the most valuable spots for many month in advance. As soon as we know how many copies we need to print to cover B&N order, the ad prices are going to skyrocket again, most likely.

There also will be minor pricing changes. The prices in stores will be higher than what one can get on subscription or direct from us. Overall price of one copy will also be increased slightly for some regions. Naturally, people who subscribed already are not affected by any of this.

Also it is highly likely that starting from #2 we will print in UK on the same presses that Wired and their ilk are being printed on. We will have much more robust logistic solution and shipping to both EU and North America will be much quicker starting with #2.

-
scribe

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2012, 10:45:23 AM

Also it is highly likely that starting from #2 we will print in UK on the same presses that Wired and their ilk are being printed on. We will have much more robust logistic solution and shipping to both EU and North America will be much quicker starting with #2.

Good to know the UK can still do some things right Wink

Might have to go and subscribe, looks like this thing is alive...

blocknois.es Bitcoin music label. ~ New release: This Is Art

Read: Bitcoin Life | Wear: FUTUREECONOMY
spiccioli
Legendary

Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003

nec sine labore

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 11:51:13 AM

Sigh!

as of this morning no copy here in Italy, ordered one last January/February (I don't even remember when all of this started Wink), then I ordered another copy when everybody (but me) started receiving them.

Plese oh please, send them to Italy as well!

spiccioli.

kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2012, 11:54:40 AM

Ordering another!  I just sold one to an office co-worker!  Woot!

Just got my third copy of Bitcoin Magazine.  However, it's in a white envelope like some other people have mentioned.  So what I'm curious about is should I store this away for safe keeping?

I was hoping to have an issue to keep & hold (what will be worth more in 10 years - a mint condition Issue #1 Bitcoin Magazine or 1 Bitcoin?).  So do people think in a white envelope is a good method of storing a mint condition first issue?

Or do you think I should order another and hope to get it in plastic wrap for the next one?  Any thoughts on what would keep it in mint condition the best?  Does it not matter?  Should I just bust it open to share with the world and stop worrying about keeping a mint condition version?

I appreciate any feedback!

Just read and share the thing. Order another to keep safe Smiley

Actually, I think I got it.  I'll take it to work and hopefully swap it back for my other issue in the plastic wrap that I sold to my boss who hasn't had time to read it yet.  I'm assuming it's still in the plastic wrap (fingers crossed)!!!!

woot

PS: probably ordering more as soon as I sell this one Smiley

I feel like I should order more than 1 at a time... haha I sold my old one already opened on the bus on the way to work.  I guess it's time to open the envelope... & order another from the website Smiley

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 12:00:43 PM

Sigh!

as of this morning no copy here in Italy, ordered one last January/February (I don't even remember when all of this started Wink), then I ordered another copy when everybody (but me) started receiving them.

Plese oh please, send them to Italy as well!

spiccioli.

This is unacceptable. Please email info@bitcoinmagazine.co.uk for an update and solution. We can't handle these things on the public forum for obvious reasons of subscriber privacy due to UK laws.

Deafboy

Activity: 482
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2012, 12:26:26 PM

I have also paid in February. Nothing arrived to yet (Slovakia).
Tx ID: 8918c68bff6e272a02c9d326a28a16d540e5f12797c5cfe690a278c4db2d5b72
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 01:55:08 PM

Tx ID: 8918c68bff6e272a02c9d326a28a16d540e5f12797c5cfe690a278c4db2d5b72

This is unacceptable. Please email info@bitcoinmagazine.co.uk for an update and solution. We can't handle these things on the public forum for obvious reasons of subscriber privacy due to UK laws.

Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 01:56:06 PM

Mine just arrived... I'm in Canada (in case that makes a difference). Got here a day or two ago.

Looks good. Smiley
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 02:04:32 PM

For what it’s worth, I got my magazines within ~2 weeks of ordering, and I am in Europe.

I found it hilarious that Bitcoinica is listed as a Bitcoin success here on this issue. Grin Grin Grin
PsychoticBoy
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1010

Parental Advisory Explicit Content

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 02:26:38 PM

Still NO magazine in The Netherlands.  Angry
Come on Matthew this is getting annoying.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 02:45:13 PM

There is of course always a chance with USPS that your issue was lost in the mail. Many of our own faculty never recieved individual shipments as well.

BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 03:26:46 PM

Didn't you also pre-order? That means it should come with the bulk shipment that got delayed, and then individually shipped right? Since mine isn't there yet either…

World

Activity: 743

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 08:46:30 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2012, 09:00:39 PM by World

me too , ordered in March and still nothing  

Supporting people with beautiful creative ideas. Bitcoin is because of the developers,exchanges,merchants,miners,investors,users,machines and blockchain technologies work together.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 10:21:36 PM

me too , ordered in March and still nothing  

why is the time of order relevant and why are people posting tx ids.

should we have received our copies?

didn't receive yet, ordered first 3 issues on 3/28.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
World

Activity: 743

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 11:06:44 PM

any chance to download epub or pdf format ?thx

Supporting people with beautiful creative ideas. Bitcoin is because of the developers,exchanges,merchants,miners,investors,users,machines and blockchain technologies work together.
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2012, 03:02:29 AM

Just emailed them to inquire about my order, and they stated that since I haven't gotten it yet, I will be sent another one.

I hope the first wasn't lost in the mail or something. If I'm lucky I'll end up with two!

If I do get two, do I have to send one back?

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
cyberlync

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 03:17:26 AM

Just emailed them to inquire about my order, and they stated that since I haven't gotten it yet, I will be sent another one.

I hope the first wasn't lost in the mail or something. If I'm lucky I'll end up with two!

If I do get two, do I have to send one back?

Hmmm, I was told to wait longer.

Oh well, let's see if it arrives early next week. Hopefully before the digital release...

Giving away your BTC's? Send 'em here: 1F7XgercyaXeDHiuq31YzrVK5YAhbDkJhf
ZodiacDragon84

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

The king and the pawn go in the same box @ endgame

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 06:10:49 AM

I recieved a duplicate, though I only ordered 1. I did try to order the next issue though, and am wondering if I messed up and still ordered the last months edition?

Looking for a quick easy mining solution? Check out
www.bitminter.com

See my trader rep at Bitcoinfeedback.com
!
Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2012, 12:39:33 PM

Look what was in the mail today Cheesy

I live in Germany and ordered several month ago. Today it finally arrived, my very own issue #1!
Sender address is Romanian?? (yeah, now I remember there was some thread about it). I some weeks later on ordered 2 more copies, which I hope eventually get here as well. Looks quite good on the first glimpse!

Cheers,
Bill
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: