Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:05:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Intersango Withdrawals  (Read 3706 times)
miernik

Activity: 334
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2012, 04:07:42 AM

It takes BZWBK about 60 seconds to generate the csv file for our account, I know this because I recently had to increase the delay in our script.

That being said BZWBK has far better systems than any of the UK banks.

Aren't you using Alerty24 for BZWBK incoming transactions?

These are E-mail's sent instantly when a deposit comes to your account. These are OpenSSL signed, so you can actually verify the digital signature - ensuring that the E-mail really comes from the bank. That way you could credit deposits instantly without logging in to the website.

That would be absolutely awesome, it means that customers having accounts in BZWBK (which a lot of people in Poland do) would be able to deposit to Intersango instantly, which would surely increase attractiveness and thus volume. I noticed you recently lost a lot of PLN volume to MtGox, but instant crediting would bring a lot of it back.

The E-mail has all the data you need - including REFERENCE field.

It has a S/MIME Cryptographic Signature with the same certificate as the website, so its as safe as logging in on the website, but maybe for larger deposits you could log in after receiving the E-mail anyway to double-check.

Think about it, it would be definitely awesome.

And anybody in Poland who still doesn't have one, can walk up to a BZWBK branch and open a free BZWBK account in a few minutes, and instantly deposit cash to his account and then make a transfer to yours. It means anybody in Poland could buy Bitcoins instantly.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
miernik

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2012, 08:06:13 AM

Notice that today from 17:30 (Central European Summer Time) till tomorrow 23:00 (Sunday) there is a scheduled maintenance in Bank Zachodni WBK and transfers won't work. Transfers will resume on Monday.

Full announcement:

Ladies and Gentlemen! Please be informed that due to maintenance work, between 17:30 on 26.05.2012 and 23:00 on 27.05.2012:
- access to BZWBK24 services may be hampered,
- transactions ordered during that period will be effected after 23:00 on 27.05.2012,
- 'Offer for You' and 'My Profile - My Data' tabs will not work,
- Details of Portfolio and Loans will not be accessible.

Additionally on 27.05.2012 between 02:00 - 06:00 BZWBK S.A. ATMs and payment cards will be out of service.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

phantomnecro (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2012, 09:55:37 AM

Just out of interest did Metro Bank fix their issue yesterday as they mentioned they would to you guys?
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
May 26, 2012, 10:33:18 AM

Just out of interest did Metro Bank fix their issue yesterday as they mentioned they would to you guys?

May 26, 2012, 6:57 a.m. Donald

Hi,

The issue is simply a software issue on their end of which they are aware. They have confirmed this and are working to fix it. As it is now the weekend we are sorry to inform that it will likely not be fixed until at least Monday.

It is not a payment issue just an access issue so do not worry. There will be a record of your payment.

If you do not have your payment when that message goes down, please reopen the ticket. We had a very similar problem about 2 months ago with Metro bank, they resolved it in a timely manner. By that I mean that is took about 2 business days I believe. Unfortunately this is going to extend over the weekend (the tech department is closed on the weekend at the bank).

We have previously banked in the UK with Lloyds and HSBC. Both accounts created incredibly serious problems for us. Very few banks in the UK would even open an account for us. Metro however is very supportive of bitcoin and our group. Since we have 100 to 1000 times more transactions then other customers of any UK bank it is understandable that there are occasional issues as their software is not made for our activity. Still Metro have been very supportive and we are sure they are working to the best of their abilities.

We are sorry for the inconvenience. Feel free to ask any other questions you may have.

Sincerely,
Team Intersango

Well I have to credit him for putting the hours in at least, last support PM to me was after 11pm & this one is before 7am on a Saturday, I've made other arrangements now & cancelled my GBP withdrawal request as it wasn't able to go through in the time that I needed it to

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
miernik

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2012, 10:52:40 AM

We have previously banked in the UK with Lloyds and HSBC. Both accounts created incredibly serious problems for us. Very few banks in the UK would even open an account for us. Metro however is very supportive of bitcoin and our group. Since we have 100 to 1000 times more transactions then other customers of any UK bank it is understandable that there are occasional issues as their software is not made for our activity. Still Metro have been very supportive and we are sure they are working to the best of their abilities.

You should have more then one account in each country you trade it anyway - just for redundancy. So at least you can accept payments when one of them is down.

And as a bonus if you distribute your payments across several UK banks, the volume at each of them won't be so large.

Try to open at least one more other UK account. Having just one bank account in a country for such a large operation is quite... well.

See any currency exchange broker in Poland - each of them has at least 3 accounts at 3 different banks, usually BZWBK + Alior + BRE. Some of them have much more, one has 13 accounts. They do similar things, just trade PLN for EUR and GBP.

And seriously, do you really have so many transactions comparatively? If deposit transaction ID are consecutive, then in the 23 days in May you had 4357 of EUR deposits on your BZWBK account - that's about 189 per day. Your volume on GBP is about 2.75 times the volume on SEPA. If the average deposit size is similar, then you have about 522 GBP deposits per day. Is that a lot? I'd say its not a lot. Any medium sized web shop will have more. Any business selling anything online and is a bit more then a one-man operation will have a similar amount or more.

Or no, these numbers seem to be common for all kinds of deposits, even Bitcoin. So you don't have 189 BZWBK deposits per day, you have 189 of all kinds of deposits per day, including Bitcoin. That's minuscule amounts per bank account! I have had days when I had more on my private bank account.

phantomnecro (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2012, 03:48:56 PM

Hey phantomcircuit, any word on when Metro Bank will have the issue fixed and you can restart processing of deposits and withdrawals?

Thanks..
phantomnecro (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2012, 10:03:35 AM

Looks like Intersango's bank got things sorted..

Hi,

The issue was finally fixed at 10AM today. All payments have been imported. Payments out will be processed tonight. If your bank imports Faster Payments during non banking hours it should show up tonight. Otherwise, expect it tomorrow before noon.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. We have been assured by our bank representative the next time there is such a problem, be it technical or otherwise, we can call him directly about the issue and he will see that it is fixed in a more timely manner.

Again, we are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Sincerely,
Team Intersango
Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2012, 10:21:55 AM

My deposit is now showing.
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
May 29, 2012, 04:54:13 PM

@Intersango - can we have an update please

& what's with orders still showing as active when they've been fully filled

& what's happened to all the asks, no one want Intersango GBP any more?  Huh

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
sonba

Activity: 395

View Profile
May 29, 2012, 08:17:18 PM

oh yes, can you please change your script so that fulfilled orders are not shown as open orders any more? It's quite annoying, I have to admit.

Apart from that: keep up the good work and tanks for the great service!
miernik

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2012, 10:18:16 AM

oh yes, can you please change your script so that fulfilled orders are not shown as open orders any more? It's quite annoying, I have to admit.

Yes, its quite frustrating to have these fulfilled orders "open" all the time, I personally always manually cancel them when they fulfill, so that I can see which orders I really have. But one should not have to do such jobs manually, software should take care of it.

BTW: https://support.intersango.com/status still says: Metro Bank (UK) Online banking down. Online banking down.

And "bzwbk" "Payments sent daily." is sometimes also not very precise, my last withdrawal I waited 36 hours to be processed. And I have an account in BZWBK too, so transfers are instant once processed, so its quite frustrating to have money locked up for so long. If at least it was predictable, for example a fixed schedule that withdrawals are processed every day at 20:00 polish time (19:00 London time), so I could deposit being sure that if I don't buy coins at the price I want, I can have my money back by the end of the day (BZWBK internal transfers don't happen between about 20:30 and 03:00 AM polish time). And SEPA are done each day at 23:30 polish time by BZWBK.

If you can't make it more often then once a day, can you please at least make a fixed withdrawal schedule at 20:00 polish time, before BZWBK closes for the night? Please, pretty please...

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: