Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:20:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin the New World Digital Currency?  (Read 3297 times)
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3844

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 07:28:30 PM

Fermi's paradox is funny because it assumes that there is no hard evidence of the existence of extraterrestrial humanoid species while in reality there's a shit load of evidence that is unfortunately suppressed by the mainstream science.

There's a reason why nobody in mainstream science supports it.

supports what?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
R2D221

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 08:01:20 PM

Fermi's paradox is funny because it assumes that there is no hard evidence of the existence of extraterrestrial humanoid species while in reality there's a shit load of evidence that is unfortunately suppressed by the mainstream science.

There's a reason why nobody in mainstream science supports it.

supports what?

The theory of extraterrestrial humanoids already visiting us, of course.

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
Hyena (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1011

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2014, 08:18:38 PM

The theoryfacts of extraterrestrial humanoids already visiting us, of course.

FTFY Tongue

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
R2D221

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 10:15:53 PM

The theory facts hypothesis of extraterrestrial humanoids already visiting us, of course.

FTFY Tongue

FTFY. No emoticon.

Hyena (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2014, 10:23:07 PM

FTFY. No emoticon.

I guess you'll believe it when you see it. Just hope you don't get an anal probe on your first encounter Tongue should it ever happen.

R2D221

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 11:20:43 PM

I guess you'll believe it when you see it. Just hope you don't get an anal probe on your first encounter Tongue should it ever happen.

This article might be important for you:
http://www.hollabackhealth.com/2010/12/five-reasons-to-stop-using-emoticons/

Hyena (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2014, 11:57:00 PM

This article might be important for you:
http://www.hollabackhealth.com/2010/12/five-reasons-to-stop-using-emoticons/

Interesting text but I disagree with the most of its contents as it stands for a rather subjective point of view. Like usually, we have a problem that is essentially based on a controversial issue. If it wasn't controversial there would be no argument as none of us here is really stupid. We all have common sense. However, as soon as things are no longer black and white all sorts of disputes are bound to happen. Homosexual marriage or not? Sex with animals or not? Emoticons or not?

Regarding the latter, emoticons are the lesser evil in this highly pragmatic way of communication, where memes dominate the internet space and one must state their sentence with the minimal number of bytes in order to prevent people from answering with TLDR. So what's the greater evil? --- Ambiguity. Without the help of emoticons we are doomed to have our intent misinterpreted. By the way, if you think that emoticons are only used to express sarcasm then you're a step away from malignant paranoia. It's the same as assuming that all people are evil and want to harm you.

That said, I remain at my stance that even though emoticons introduce a certain degree of degeneration from the literati's point of view, they do more good than evil. They give you a hint what the other person is communicating to you. Textual language alone has never been the perfect way of communication. Thus, we must compensate. Ever heard of the adage "a picture is worth a thousand words"? Sure you have. Now isn't an emoticon a picture?

Goldmundo

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2014, 11:58:46 PM

@R2D2

Have you been molested by an emoticon when you were a child?
R2D221

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 12:00:37 AM

@R2D2

Have you been molested by an emoticon when you were a child?

WHAT? WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU? I'm talking about how emoticons might not always be useful, and you bring some shit about molesting? WTF?

R2D221

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 12:02:05 AM

By the way, if you think that emoticons are only used to express sarcasm then you're a step away from malignant paranoia.

Just hope you don't get an anal probe on your first encounter Tongue

If you don't think that's sarcasm, then I don't know what is.

Hyena (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 12:11:37 AM

By the way, if you think that emoticons are only used to express sarcasm then you're a step away from malignant paranoia.

Just hope you don't get an anal probe on your first encounter Tongue

If you don't think that's sarcasm, then I don't know what is.

Sarcasm is something you say while you obviously don't mean it. In the given example it would mean that I was actually meaning to say "Just hope you get an anal probe on your first encounter". That sentence does not make any sense because why would you yourself hope that you would get an anal probe? Now if you accuse me of secretly hoping that you would get an anal probe then you are just assuming that I am an evil person who wants bad things happening to you. The reality is that I don't give a shit if the aliens who might abduct you give you an anal probe or not. However, anal probe is sort of an alien-conspiracy-theorist-meme, so I injected the Tongue smiley to express how it makes me chuckle to even think about someone getting an anal probe from the grey aliens. It's sort of like a rape joke so I admit that I shouldn't be laughing but then again, we have all sorts of people. Some laugh at bad jokes, some don't.

Goldmundo

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 12:22:03 AM

Nothing is wrong with me, R2D2. I just tried to follow your advice and avoid using an emoticon to accompany my benign teasing. Since you're yelling back at me I'll take it it didn't work. Cheesy

Now, the question is, have I overestimated the intelligence of you as my reader or emoticons are actually helpful in getting the right nuance of the intended message across?
mixan
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

TRUMP IS DOING THE BEST! MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 12:25:51 AM
Last edit: October 27, 2014, 01:03:27 AM by mixan

I think there is a great possibility that Bitcoin is the wet dream/electronic money the illuminati collective have up for testing on the population, hidden as an anti banker currency

The parasite hates three things: free markets, free will, and free men.
segvec

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

The cheddar breed jealousy

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 12:33:05 AM

Is the the new digital currency that is taking the world by storm, yes...

▓▓▓▓   New Real-time Cryptocurrency Exchange            → CREATE  ACCOUNT ▓▓▓▓
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅  BIT-X.com  ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
▓▓▓▓   Supported Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP → OFFICIAL THREAD ▓▓▓▓
AlexSm

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 01:09:13 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnmmnpj_pX8

Bitcoin the technology of a Type 1 civilization

The logical conclusion from this statement and the fact that we don't see any Type 2 and Type 3 civilizations (Fermi's paradox) is that EVERYWHERE else bitcoin-like technology never appeared.

Irrelevant, we are a type 0 civilization but we are already begining to become planetry and notice the early signs of a planetry civilization, tribal sports have now become global, we have a single planetry network (the internet) a single planetary language is becoming dominant (English), and Bitcoin will unite us all financially in the coming years as well.
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 01:12:11 AM

I would wait till mainstream banks start adopting bitcoin, before concluding that it is going to be the New World Digital Currency.

Goldmundo

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 04:03:44 AM

That would be exactly like saying "I'll wait for major telegraph operators to start accepting telephone before concluding it's going to be the new dominant communication technology." Smiley
Rewap

Activity: 23

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 04:32:51 AM

Its not the "NEW WORLD DIGITAL CURRENCY" it is the "ONLY" Digital Currency.
Peegasus

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 05:09:08 AM

Its not the "NEW WORLD DIGITAL CURRENCY" it is the "ONLY" Digital Currency.

What about the other reputable alts?

Goldmundo

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 05:56:19 AM

^ Like Pokemoncoin and similar?  Grin
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: