Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:11:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Who trade options?  (Read 1634 times)
wangxinxi (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

Founder & CEO of Coinut.com, Litecoin Core Dev

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2014, 05:47:02 PM

I just want to know how many people in this board are option traders, and how many years you have been trading.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
steeveGrube

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 10:46:18 AM

I just want to know how many people in this board are option traders, and how many years you have been trading.

I think you can count the bitcoin options trader on the fingers of one hand

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
HeroCat

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 10:49:53 AM

Options trading is very difficult task - you can win and you can loose. Need very good market understanding and cold head.
steeveGrube

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 12:13:21 PM

Options trading is very difficult task - you can win and you can loose. Need very good market understanding and cold head.

in Bitcoin and altcoin market everything is amplified.
the volatility is very high.
there are fluctuations in double digits in a few seconds ...

in option market i imagine that everything is amplificatto even more ..
cheekychap

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 02:26:22 PM

If you mean altcoin trading as well, then yes I have been doing it since middle of 2013, however I stopped around June 2014, as I had a permanent job, and it was hard to study the markets of new altcoins.

wangxinxi (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 04:51:48 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2014, 05:25:13 PM by wangxinxi

Yeah, vanilla options are quite risky, and the price could double or triple in a few hours. You can try the binary options in our site. The price is much more stable, and most importantly, you can trade volatility instead of betting on the market direction.
steeveGrube

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 07:43:44 PM

Yeah, vanilla options are quite risky, and the price could double or triple in a few hours. You can try the binary options in our site. The price is much more stable, and most importantly, you can trade volatility instead of betting on the market direction.

what is YOUR site?Huh

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
wangxinxi (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2014, 07:44:48 PM

Maybe you can have a look at my signature.  Smiley
steeveGrube

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 08:13:03 PM

Maybe you can have a look at my signature.  Smiley

oh!!!

i do not kwon is your!!!
i mean the site in signature!!!

I thought you were joining a signature ampaign!!!
 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
thanks!!!
krishatnet

Activity: 546

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 04:30:56 AM

I have traded in Stock market options but not in bitcoin options. Options has high leverage when compared to swing or day trading. More risk more profit.

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
BitCoinPokerBro

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 05:30:28 PM

I hate options because it locks you into the trade for a specific amount of time. Lets say for example you bought a weekly options contract @ $350 and price went up to $450 then crashed down to $320. If all of this happened within the allotted 7 day time frame your trade would lose money due to the ending price being lower than entry. Whereas if you trade on margin a trade can be entered/exited at any time without restriction.
wangxinxi (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2014, 02:23:46 AM

I hate options because it locks you into the trade for a specific amount of time. Lets say for example you bought a weekly options contract @ $350 and price went up to $450 then crashed down to $320. If all of this happened within the allotted 7 day time frame your trade would lose money due to the ending price being lower than entry. Whereas if you trade on margin a trade can be entered/exited at any time without restriction.

If the price went up to $450, surely, your option will be worth much more, and you can close your option to finalise the profit. You don't need to wait until it expires.
Nrcewker
Copper Member

Activity: 2170
Merit: 536

Building my own Dreams!

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 03:23:26 AM

Futures have been a lot of problems, there are not have more exchanges.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
scarsbergholden

Activity: 686

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 04:46:31 AM

This depends on the kind of option you are using. If you are trading an 'American style' option then you can exercise the option at any time (you would likely execute what is called an exercise and close trade where you would exercise the option and instantly sell the corresponding bitcoin on the market, capturing the difference between the strike/exercise price and the market price), however if you are trading an 'European style' option then you can only exercise the option on the expiration date. Either way if the price increases then the market for such options would generally allow you to sell the option at an increased price

wangxinxi (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2014, 04:49:41 AM

This depends on the kind of option you are using. If you are trading an 'American style' option then you can exercise the option at any time (you would likely execute what is called an exercise and close trade where you would exercise the option and instantly sell the corresponding bitcoin on the market, capturing the difference between the strike/exercise price and the market price), however if you are trading an 'European style' option then you can only exercise the option on the expiration date. Either way if the price increases then the market for such options would generally allow you to sell the option at an increased price

Our options are European style. As you said, users can sell their options at an increased price at anytime after their purchase.

To BitCoinPokerBro, you are welcome to try it in our site https://coinut.com. One option costs you less than 0.01 BTC.
Bitcoins101

Merit: 508

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 10:15:46 AM

This looks extremely promising. I found an error in your description on volatility trading, by the way.

Short volatility
If BTC/USD is now 400, and you know the volatility will be high [low], you can simultaneously buy a PUT option with strike price equal to 420 and a CALL option 380. Then you will be able to make profit no matter which direction BTC/USD goes in. As long as the price is within the range of 380 and 420, your options will win.

wangxinxi (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2014, 10:22:52 AM

Thank you very much! I'm very glad to see that you read it completely and carefully. It's just fixed. You are welcome to try our exchange.  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: