Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:50:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you work for Bitcoins? (not bitpay etc)  (Read 3450 times)
AlexSm (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 08:55:37 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2014, 01:06:24 AM by AlexSm

http://i57.tinypic.com/2zhlgts.png

So we're seeing a trend in rising self-employed individuals which is bound to rise by year and we also see a trend of rising BTC use, so I am curious is there any overlap? I have personally freelanced before and getting paid in BTC was my preferred method since you can cashouts locally without any hassles and without the employer scamming you.

My only problems while freelancing were scammers and lack of professionals which I aim to solve in a new freelancer venue I've started here: (sorry for the shameless plug  Tongue)
http://i57.tinypic.com/33ejznm.png

In any case I am wondering how the future looks for fellow self-employed professionals, will most people be working from home in the nearest hundred years with autonomous businesses appearing?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
El Emperador

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 09:05:54 PM

In any case I am wondering how the future looks for fellow self-employed professionals, will most people be working from home in the nearest hundred years with autonomous businesses appearing?

Yes, I just think so.
Autonomous businesses appearing for autonomous self-employed people.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
bitsmichel

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 09:06:40 PM

So we're seeing a trend in rising self-employed individuals which is bound to rise by year and we also see a trend of rising BTC use, so I am curious is there any overlap? I have personally freelanced before and getting paid in BTC was my preferred method since you can cashouts locally without any hassles and without the employer scamming you.

Possibly there is a correlation between BTC use and self-employed individuals. BTC enables world wide participation in the free market economy. We are really in the early phase of the world wide free market. In a hundred years many jobs could be carried out from home but not all, such as surgery or hospital jobs.

findftp
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1006

Delusional crypto obsessionist

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 09:18:36 PM

I do work for bitcoin with my second job.
It's called a signature campaign! (Look below) Smiley
Of course I can't live from it, but it's a start.
It also helps to get convenient with the idea of getting paid in bitcoin.
It's only 0,025 bitcoin a week(25 messages a week), but it's worth it.
freedombit

Activity: 274

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 11:36:35 PM

Has anyone approached oDesk, freelancer.com or any of the other similar websites about adding Bitcoin to their method of payment? Would be a great tool for all of these sites.
AlexSm (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 11:52:12 PM

Has anyone approached oDesk, freelancer.com or any of the other similar websites about adding Bitcoin to their method of payment? Would be a great tool for all of these sites.

Have you ever read any of their ToS or Privacy Policies? Most of them keep a fractional reserve of your funds and collect interest on your funds from the bank, not to mention their tendency to scam. I myself have lost about 2,000$ to scamming by a company which I shall not name (starts with F), after someone has paid me for a job, clearly said that he was happy with it in the chats, then called up his credit card company and they reversed the payment which led said company to not only put my balance into a negative but actually take the money from other freelancers which I employed with said money. When I inquired about the info of said scammer they weren't willing to give that out.

In general I don't think that it would be beneficial to Bitcoin, we have plenty of scammers already, don't need new ones. (And F you, you scamming companies)
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 12:24:26 AM

Sure its convenient to receive and can be converted fairly easily nowadays
Not a bad option for people who want to receive income from online.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
AlexSm (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 12:35:42 AM
Last edit: October 27, 2014, 12:51:21 AM by AlexSm

EDIT: Sorry apparently misread  the post  Wink
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 12:36:58 AM

Are you kidding me? When you are getting paid online you either first withdraw to Paypal then to the bank or straight to the bank which takes 1-2 weeks. With Bitcoin you get paid and can exchange BTC to fiat (sometimes even with a %) and get hard cash in your hand.

Hmm I said converting to Bitcoin is easier
Didn't mention paypal which is just a pain in the butt.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
antonioserrano72

Activity: 353

Impossible

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 12:37:31 AM

Ofc I would. Plus those stats seem impressive.
malaimult

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 12:37:44 AM

i really wouldnt mind getting paid with bitcoin nowadays. a lot of things i spend money on i can easily use bitcoin instead.

opossum

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 12:40:07 AM

Have you ever read any of their ToS or Privacy Policies? Most of them keep a fractional reserve of your funds and collect interest on your funds from the bank, not to mention their tendency to scam. I myself have lost about 2,000$ to scamming by a company which I shall not name (starts with F), after someone has paid me for a job, clearly said that he was happy with it in the chats, then called up his credit card company and they reversed the payment which led said company to not only put my balance into a negative but actually take the money from other freelancers which I employed with said money. When I inquired about the info of said scammer they weren't willing to give that out.

In general I don't think that it would be beneficial to Bitcoin, we have plenty of scammers already, don't need new ones. (And F you, you scamming companies)
Well you would obviously need to trust any company like this that you are doing work for/through. I wouldn't think that any company like this would engage in fractional reserves as they are not a lending institution so there would be very little reason for them to not have all of the funds that would be owed to you upon completion of your work (the only exception to this would be if the free lance company were to trust the client enough to not make them pay upfront).

I don't think we would see a lot of scams from companies not paying for work provided as this is a very serious crime that is generally prosecuted by law enforcement, and it would be easy to prove if you were paid or not

▄▄█████████▄▄
      ▄█████████████████▄
   ▄████▀            ▀████▄
  █████                █████▄
 ███████████████████████████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████        ██████        ████
 ████▄      ██████      ▄████
  ▀████     ██████    ▄████▀
    ▀████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████▀
      ▀▀██████████████▀▀
TIDEX

AlexSm (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 12:59:09 AM

Well you would obviously need to trust any company like this that you are doing work for/through. I wouldn't think that any company like this would engage in fractional reserves as they are not a lending institution so there would be very little reason for them to not have all of the funds that would be owed to you upon completion of your work (the only exception to this would be if the free lance company were to trust the client enough to not make them pay upfront).

I don't think we would see a lot of scams from companies not paying for work provided as this is a very serious crime that is generally prosecuted by law enforcement, and it would be easy to prove if you were paid or not

17. Funds
You may have funds in your Account if you have prepaid for fees or charges or for services to be provided to you via the Website. If you are a Seller, you may have funds if you have successfully completed a Project, or sold an item, and funds have been released to you. There are also circumstances where funds will have been credited to your Account in relation to an affiliate program or a referral program.

Funds in your Account are held by us in our operating accounts held with reputable financial institutions. Funds in your Account are not held separately by us and may be commingled with our general operating funds and funds of other User's Accounts.

You are not entitled to any interest, or other earnings for funds that are in your Account.

We may receive interest on funds held by us in our operating accounts (which may include funds in your Account) from financial institutions with whom we hold our operating accounts. Any such interest earned belongs to us and we will not be liable to any User for any imputed interest on such funds.

If your Account has a negative amount of funds, we may:

set-off the negative amount of funds with funds that you subsequently receive into your Account;
if you have funds in multiple currencies in your Account and one of the currencies becomes negative for any reason, we may set-off the negative amount against funds you maintain in a different currency balance (at an exchange rate applied by us);
reverse payments you have made from your Account to other User Accounts on the Website;
deduct amounts you owe us from money you subsequently add or receive into your Account; or
immediately suspend or limit your Account until such time as your Account no longer has a negative amount.
In the event that we offset a negative amount of funds pursuant to this section, it may be bundled with another debit coming out of your Account.

We reserve the right to collect any funds owed to us by any other legal means.

You acknowledge and agree that:

we are not a bank or other licensed financial institution and do not provide banking services or any financial services to you;
the funds shown in your Account (which may include Milestone Payments and/or any prepayment of fees and charges which you owe to us) represents our unsecured obligations to you with respect to your rights to direct us to make payment in relation to the purchase and sale of Seller Services through the Website and provision of the Freelancer Services;
to the extent that we are required to release funds from your Account to you, you will become our unsecured creditor until such funds are paid to you;
we are not acting as a trustee or fiduciary with respect to such funds or payments;
the amount of funds showing in your Account is not insured and is not a guaranteed deposit;
funds may only loaded into your Account, or released from your Account, by us and you must only use the mechanisms available on the Website to pay for, or receive funds in respect of Seller Services;
we will hold funds in respect of the amount of your Account (including Milestone Payments) in an account held by us with a financial institution (or in any manner that we decide in our sole discretion from time to time) and such funds are not segregated into a separate account; and
we may commingle your funds with funds of other User's and our own funds and such commingled funds could be used to pay other Users or for our general corporate purposes or otherwise, however, we will remain obliged to release or refund funds at your direction in accordance with this User Agreement.

Sure sounds like they are holding your funds in a fractional reserve while collecting interest on your cash.

The company itself doesn't scam you directly in the sense that they refuse to let you withdraw etc. They scam you in a sense that they put you in a vulnerable position where you get your funds stolen and then refuse to give away the information of the scammer due to their privacy policy. If I have a business which allows some of my customers to steal freely from my other customers while I cover up for the scamming customers without making the risks clear then I am a scammer by definition:
Quote from: Scammer - Merriam-Webster
Definition of SCAMMER. a dishonest person who uses clever means to cheat others out of something of value <Internet scammers who never seem to run out of swindles>

This is the very reason why I started the first honest freelancing website, it's the first honest financial website connected to the internet as far as I'm concerned.
desticy

Activity: 1512
Merit: 292

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 01:12:58 AM

work for BTC, in my spare time
work on BTC, if the pay is right

hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 01:49:27 AM

Bitcoin is good payment method for online or international payment. It is impossible to be reversed by the job providers who have no way to set up a scam.
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 01:54:16 AM

Cash is king.
commandrix

Activity: 798

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 01:58:00 AM

Somehow I manage to do it without a third party site taking a cut. (I'm a freelance writer.) This looks like it would be good for getting people started though.
AlexSm (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 02:14:52 AM

Somehow I manage to do it without a third party site taking a cut. (I'm a freelance writer.) This looks like it would be good for getting people started though.

You would have yourself exposed to a lot more employers this way though. I can see it working once you've established relationships but sometimes even relationships go sour, 5% isn't that much, I think that I would rather pay 5% than be exposed to the added risks and actually losing a set amount per year due to scams.

Bitcoin is good payment method for online or international payment. It is impossible to be reversed by the job providers who have no way to set up a scam.

Right on.
Solves the problem of reversed funds.

cough cough, shitpal.

My point exactly!
bitbaby

Activity: 812

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 04:15:07 AM

I think you'll find that freelancers who are aware of bitcoin are more ready to work for bitcoin than any other on-line payment system, the reason for it is instant payments without the need of any third party, they can work for as low as a $ and get paid within minutes. But only thing that stops them is A. Lack of work B. Trust

doubleredrolex

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

I Believe

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 05:36:06 AM

yes i would. or take half btc and half cash.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: